PDA

View Full Version : Canty Compares JPP to Reggie White

Big Blue in SD
06-27-2012, 11:47 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/14843/canty-jpp-reminds-me-of-reggie-white

Canty says that JPP is better than Demarcus Ware and the only guy that he can compare him to is Reggie White!

manning to shockey
06-27-2012, 11:50 AM
I heard that yesterday on the radio. I don't think he was saying he was on that level but saying his style is similar and if he continues to get better he has the potential to have that type of career.

DVision
06-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Of course people are gonna call Canty crazy and say he's getting ahead of himself, but he was only talking about JPP's versatility along the defensive front.

CGYgiant
06-27-2012, 12:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/14843/canty-jpp-reminds-me-of-reggie-white

Canty says that JPP is better than Demarcus Ware and the only guy that he can compare him to is Reggie White!

Reggie had a meager 31 sacks coming into his 3rd season and finished that season with an additional 21 sacks. We can hope are pray JPP turns into something kind of similar to him but there will only be one Reggie White.

GMENAGAIN
06-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Pretty loft comparison since I consider Reggie White to be the best DE pass rusher of all time (sorry Stray).

Ntegrase96
06-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Pretty loft comparison since I consider Reggie White to be the best DE pass rusher of all time (sorry Stray).

I think everyone should consider him to be the greatest, you shouldn't apologize to Strahan.

JPP could be one of the best in history.

Cool Papa B.
06-27-2012, 12:55 PM

Deacon Jones.....IMO.

NWKEffectElement
06-27-2012, 01:00 PM
I believe he should have been the Defensive MVP this season. Must say that all this praise from his peers and media is a little overwhelming. I love JPP, the man basically carried this D all year until we got healtier. We can all hope he continues on that path to greatness.

Morehead State
06-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Pretty loft comparison since I consider Reggie White to be the best DE pass rusher of all time (sorry Stray). Deacon Jones.....IMO.</P>

I was going to type the exact same thing. Deacon Jones was the greatest of all time.</P>

GMENAGAIN
06-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Pretty loft comparison since I consider Reggie White to be the best DE pass rusher of all time (sorry Stray). Deacon Jones.....IMO.</P>

I was going to type the exact same thing. Deacon Jones was the greatest of all time.</P>

</P>

A little before my time, and before sack stats, so it's hard for me to compare . . . . .</P>

thomsoad
06-27-2012, 01:36 PM

I was going to type the exact same thing.* Deacon Jones was the greatest of all time.</P>

I personally go with Reggie...but to me its really just splitting hairs. If you wanna go with Deacon im not gonna argue becuz Deacon was a monster. Plus he gets brownie points for phrasing the "sack".

Neverend
06-27-2012, 02:11 PM
I think JPP is JPP, he is his own unique player.

reggie white was such a dominant technician as a pass rusher. jpp has a few years ahead of him before he catches up to white in that category

Morehead State
06-27-2012, 02:15 PM
I think JPP is JPP, he is his own unique player. reggie white was such a dominant technician as a pass rusher. jpp has a few years ahead of him before he catches up to white in that category</P>

Killjoy!</P>

There's nothing to talk about when you're SB champs.</P>

burier
06-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Whats great about JPP is that he doesn't really resemble any player past or present.

Please don't confuse my next comment for a declaration that JPP is better but Reggie White wishes he had the physical tools Voorhees has.

JPP shows comparable power to white with superior speed and overall length.

I actually think comparing him to Reggie White is kinda random.

All that said Reggie white is one of the greatest of all time. If JPP has a third of White's impact we'll be damn lucky.

Morehead State
06-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Whats great about JPP is that he doesn't really resemble any player past or present. Please don't confuse my next comment for a declaration that JPP is better but Reggie White wishes he had the physical tools Voorhees has. JPP shows comparable power to white with superior speed and overall length. I actually think comparing him to Reggie White is kinda random. All that said Reggie white is one of the greatest of all time. If JPP has a third of White's impact we'll be damn lucky.</P>

Actually JPP reminds me a lot of Jared Allen.</P>

Die-Hard
06-27-2012, 04:04 PM
There will NEVER be another Reggie White. Some players can be compared to him in certain aspects, but Reggie was the complete package, and in his prime, literally unstoppable.

burier
06-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Whats great about JPP is that he doesn't really resemble any player past or present. Please don't confuse my next comment for a declaration that JPP is better but Reggie White wishes he had the physical tools Voorhees has. JPP shows comparable power to white with superior speed and overall length. I actually think comparing him to Reggie White is kinda random. All that said Reggie white is one of the greatest of all time. If JPP has a third of White's impact we'll be damn lucky.</P>

Jared Allen is a great player in his own right but he's just not even close physically to JPP.

Morehead State
06-27-2012, 04:08 PM

Jared Allen is a great player in his own right but he's just not even close physically to JPP.</P>

I'm thinking of his playmaking ability and his motor. the other guy to compare him to was Jevon Kearse. Similar physicality. I hope JPP has better luck with his health than Kearse did.</P>

fansince69
06-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Whats great about JPP is that he doesn't really resemble any player past or present. Please don't confuse my next comment for a declaration that JPP is better but Reggie White wishes he had the physical tools Voorhees has. JPP shows comparable power to white with superior speed and overall length. I actually think comparing him to Reggie White is kinda random. All that said Reggie white is one of the greatest of all time. If JPP has a third of White's impact we'll be damn lucky.</p>

Actually JPP reminds me a lot of Jared Allen.</p>

Jared Allen is a great player in his own right but he's just not even close physically to JPP.</p>

I'm thinking of his playmaking ability and his motor. the other guy to compare him to was Jevon Kearse. Similar physicality. I hope JPP has better luck with his health than Kearse did.</p>

Kearse was the one that came to mind for me....just physically speaking

THE_New_York_Giants
06-27-2012, 06:01 PM
JPP reminds me of Wayne Gretzky

Ntegrase96
06-27-2012, 06:06 PM
There will NEVER be another Reggie White. Some players can be compared to him in certain aspects, but Reggie was the complete package, and in his prime, literally unstoppable.

Ol' dirty Erik Williams was the only guy Reggie White never got the best of.

Ntegrase96
06-27-2012, 06:35 PM

Jared Allen is a great player in his own right but he's just not even close physically to JPP.</P>

I'm thinking of his playmaking ability and his motor.* the other guy to compare him to was Jevon Kearse.* Similar physicality.* I hope JPP has better luck with his health than Kearse did.</P>

I think JPP is closer to Ware than Kearse. Kearse was a much faster player than powerful if I remember right.

Ware is a player with very long arms like JPP, with comparable speed for respective size.

JPP is just a larger Ware imo.

buffyblue
06-27-2012, 07:45 PM
JPP reminds me of Jevon Kearse and also a little bit if Bruce Smith too.

I think JPP has the potential to be our next defenaive legend. He is so physically dominating.

Neverend
06-27-2012, 10:14 PM

I'm thinking of his playmaking ability and his motor.* the other guy to compare him to was Jevon Kearse.* Similar physicality.* I hope JPP has better luck with his health than Kearse did.</P>

I think JPP is closer to Ware than Kearse. Kearse was a much faster player than powerful if I remember right.

Ware is a player with very long arms like JPP, with comparable speed for respective size.

I don't know. I don't think JPP has Ware's explosion and speed off the edge. JPP is also an absolutely superior run defender in comparison to Ware, and probably better football instincts as well. Not to say JPP isn't explosive or ware is a poor run defender, but both don't come close to matching eachother in these significant areas

miked1958
06-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Pretty loft comparison since I consider Reggie White to be the best DE pass rusher of all time (sorry Stray).agree

Diamondring
07-01-2012, 09:05 AM
This may be obvious but I hope that even though he gets better, the Giants make sure that they have another big play player on the line with him.

RichGiants81
07-01-2012, 04:56 PM

I don't know. I don't think JPP has Ware's explosion and speed off the edge. JPP is also an absolutely superior run defender in comparison to Ware, and probably better football instincts as well. Not to say JPP isn't explosive or ware is a poor run defender, but both don't come close to matching eachother in these significant areas

Demarcus Has quicks but not like jpp

bearbryant
07-01-2012, 05:20 PM
There are just sooo many super DE's that showed attributes that JPP also shows but the thing thats great about him is that ... he is just growing into this game. If he continues to mature the way he has started to in the league, other youngsters wil;l be compared to him after his days are done. I'd love to see him get some of the nastiness that Charles Haley possessed. What a beast!!!

Firenugget
07-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Pretty loft comparison since I consider Reggie White to be the best DE pass rusher of all time (sorry Stray). Deacon Jones.....IMO.</p>

I was going to type the exact same thing. Deacon Jones was the greatest of all time.</p>

I'll sign on for that. Regardless, Deacon was Deacon, Reggie was Reggie, JPP will be JPP. People get too comparison happy. If the guy is good, he's good. No need to attach another players name to him.

XxBigWhitxX
07-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Jason Pierre Paul

ingredients

Jevon Kearse's Athletic ability
Reggie White's Strength and Versatility
Michael Strahans ability vs. Pass and run
Freakish size and length.