PDA

View Full Version : i don't think the national media realizes how much talent this team has.

tucksackstom
06-30-2012, 02:29 AM
1. great coach.
2. great qb.
3. great receivers
4. average oline, like pitt didn't stop them from winning superbowl.
5. best dline in football.
6. average lb, i think.
7. secondary is good, but too many mental mistakes.

could be better in returning the ball.

great front offices as well

ashleymarie
06-30-2012, 02:56 AM
[B]

redbeardxxv
06-30-2012, 05:17 AM
Agreed, but I'm still wondering how we got shafted with this schedule while the Patsies got the easiest in the league. They only play 4 teams with a winning record this year..... but I digress....
I agree with all your points, but....... look at our schedule. It's brutal. I still think we make the playoffs, beating Philly in our house to take the division and end the regular season. From there, who knows... we're in a great place right now. Franchise QB in his prime, BIGTIME receivers in theirs, A proven RB and an up-and-comer that looks to be the real deal, the BEST d line in football today, and a serviceable defense that features C Web and Rolle, and of course, the coach who makes it all work. Yes, it's a good time to be a GIANTS fan.

mikeybob68
06-30-2012, 10:34 AM
There is not too much control of the schedule every year except 2 games.

Every year you play H/A with your division opponents (6); you alternate the AFC division group so this year its AFC North (4); you alternate an NFC division group so this year its the NFC South (4); the other 2 games are vs. the other similar place finishers from 2011; we finish first so we play SF and GB.

Each year, whose to say what is "tough". The teams change year to year and its so hard to say now who you might perceive is tough is actually a better match-up and vice-verse as the season progresses.

My perspective: I will take the SB Title and deal with the schedule as it is given

I also feels it really helps your team be better battle tested and prepared for the playoffs.

patsrule666
06-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Agreed, but I'm still wondering how we got shafted with this schedule while the Patsies got the easiest in the league. They only play 4 teams with a winning record this year..... but I digress....
I agree with all your points, but....... look at our schedule. It's brutal. I still think we make the playoffs, beating Philly in our house to take the division and end the regular season. From there, who knows... we're in a great place right now. Franchise QB in his prime, BIGTIME receivers in theirs, A proven RB and an up-and-comer that looks to be the real deal, the BEST d line in football today, and a serviceable defense that features C Web and Rolle, and of course, the coach who makes it all work. Yes, it's a good time to be a GIANTS fan.Well, after we are done playing our divisional games, AFC South, NFC West, our last two slots were filled in with Ravens and Denver. I am not sure they could have picked better teams....You guys had a tough schedule last year as well and i said at the start that if you guys made the playoffs, you certainly earned it..

bklyn1028
06-30-2012, 11:07 AM
You know, we sit and ponder how bad / good the schedule is, but do we really know who is going to perform?

I mean, we play GB and San Fran, they could be busts this year, we don't know. On paper it's an extremely rough schedule (because of the playoff teams we face from last year), but we really don't know what is going to happen.

What we DO KNOW, however, is that Coughlin will make do with what he has, and I think as of now, he is the best in the business. We're lucky we have an owner like Mara who never lost faith in him.

Like Coughlin said last year:

"To be the best, you have to play the best."
Besides we seem to play better against better teams.

Flip Empty
06-30-2012, 11:47 AM
I agree with all your points, but....... look at our schedule. It's brutal. I still think we make the playoffs, beating Philly in our house to take the division and end the regular season. From there, who knows... we're in a great place right now. Franchise QB in his prime, BIGTIME receivers in theirs, A proven RB and an up-and-comer that looks to be the real deal, the BEST d line in football today, and a serviceable defense that features C Web and Rolle, and of course, the coach who makes it all work. Yes, it's a good time to be a GIANTS fan.
The Pats actually had a rubbish schedule last season, too. If I remember correctly, they only beat one team which ended up making the playoffs - that was the Broncos. They lost to the Bills, the Steelers, and of course, the Giants.

JesseJames
06-30-2012, 06:07 PM
I don't think the media really cares how much talent this team has, all they seem to care about is giving reasons why we won't do well ...

bearbryant
06-30-2012, 07:52 PM
My truth be told, I don't care what the mumbling, bumbling media says. What I'm concerned about is improving Big Blue..And thats exactly what I think we've done in theoff season. Got a class A RB and WR. Got a CB who may be a huge value, a TE that may show us catching skills as well as blocking abilities. With that some hopefull linemen to pick up the pace up front. All that is hopefully speaking of course. Remember its the draft not FA . Go Big Blue!!!

TuckYou
06-30-2012, 08:37 PM

The more I look at the end of our schedule, the easier it gets. New Orleans, Atlanta, Washington, Philly are all winable games. Baltimore may not be as good as their d is another year older and without the DPOY. Cincy? Eh. They ain't be easy, but are very winable for us to make another late season run.

miken609
06-30-2012, 08:42 PM
[B]lol

deenezy
06-30-2012, 10:00 PM
I hope the schedule is every bit as hard as it looks, we all saw what happened to green bay when you play soft teams all year, I think green bay was a better team than the pats last year,but the pats having played balitimore just before the sb raised there level of play. If we make the playoffs I feel that much more confident in repeating with this schedule.

Js2xx2002
07-01-2012, 01:03 AM
You know, we sit and ponder how bad / good the schedule is, but do we really know who is going to perform?

I mean, we play GB and San Fran, they could be busts this year, we don't know. On paper it's an extremely rough schedule (because of the playoff teams we face from last year), but we really don't know what is going to happen.

What we DO KNOW, however, is that Coughlin will make do with what he has, and I think as of now, he is the best in the business. We're lucky we have an owner like Mara who never lost faith in him.

Agreed, I like the idea of the Giants running through a gauntlet and improving more and more through the season.

The Pats are going to get soft and while they beat up on poor teams and then gain an ego when the media tells them they are the best team ever. In the playoffs they will get exposed by a battle tested team.

If we get to the playoffs this year then we deserved to. If we can't take the competition then we just weren't good enough. Though I believe we will prevail. We just have to much heart.

Diamondring
07-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Our backup players aren't bad at all so that when some of our starters get hurt, our second and even third string can get in there and help out a lot.

G.I. Ants
07-01-2012, 11:58 AM

Agreed, I like the idea of the Giants running through a gauntlet and improving more and more through the season.

The Pats are going to get soft and while they beat up on poor teams and then gain an ego when the media tells them they are the best team ever. In the playoffs they will get exposed by a battle tested team.

If we get to the playoffs this year then we deserved to. If we can't take the competition then we just weren't good enough. Though I believe we will prevail. We just have to much heart.
I doubt that the Pats will get soft.The vets on that team will not allow that to happen. What was impressive about the Pats last year is that they won every game after the first loss to the gmen.

As far as my beloved giants, I hope this season is not as stressful as last year because it was too much for me. I nearly broke my tv watching so many thrillers all season long. That did make watching them win it all much sweeter though.

The media doesn't faze me anymore. Injuries are the only thing I pay attention too because a healthy Giants team can beat anyone, anytime, anyplace.

CactusJack
07-01-2012, 12:27 PM
I agree with all your points, but....... look at our schedule. It's brutal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_season_%28NFL%29 (http://)

No team gets "shafted" (at least on purpose) with their schedules. The league adopted a rotating schedule in 2002 upon realignment.

Diamondring
07-01-2012, 12:28 PM
1. great coach.
2. great qb.
3. great receivers
6. average lb, i think.

It seems like the NFL does because they gave the Giants a hard schedule for some time now.

GMENAGAIN
07-02-2012, 10:18 AM
1. great coach.
2. great qb.
3. great receivers
6. average lb, i think.

It seems like the NFL does because they gave the Giants a hard schedule for some time now.</P>

The NFL schedule makers don't base the schedules on how much talent they think a team has . . . . . . </P>

Flip Empty
07-02-2012, 01:46 PM
1. great coach.
2. great qb.
3. great receivers
6. average lb, i think.

It seems like the NFL does because they gave the Giants a hard schedule for some time now.</P>

The NFL schedule makers don't base the schedules on how much talent they think a team has . . . . . . </P>
Oh yes they do. EVERYONE is out to get the Giants, it's a conspiracy!

Diamondring
07-02-2012, 02:33 PM
1. great coach.
2. great qb.
3. great receivers
6. average lb, i think.

The NFL schedule makers don't base the schedules on how much talent they think a team has . . . . . . </P>Oh thanks.