PDA

View Full Version : ADRIAN TRACY READY TO SHOW VERSATILITY

RoanokeFan
06-30-2012, 02:18 PM
ADRIAN TRACY READY TO SHOW VERSATILITY (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/14875/adrian-tracy-ready-to-show-versatility)

"Adrian Tracy was a defensive end in college, a linebacker in
his first two seasons with the Giants and now is making the move back to
defensive end.

It's probably a good thing Tracy tries to emulate his
game after Mathias Kiwanuka, the Giants' hybrid
linebacker/defensive end.

"I kind of fashion some of my game after Kiwi
because he plays both spots," Tracy said after helping instruct kids at
Chris Canty's football camp in Washington Heights. "I am not
shying away from playing linebacker or whatever the team wants me to do and
whatever they see me at. Versatility has allowed me to stick so far and being
able to play two positions is a good thing."

This season, the Giants are looking at Tracy at defensive end as they search for
<a href="http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/14745/spotlight-dave-tollefsons-replacement">a
replacement for Dave Tollefson</a>, who signed with Oakland in
free agency.

The 6-2, 245-pound Tracy has dropped his body fat and added
muscle for the move and is thrilled with the opportunity to potentially provide
Justin Tuck, Jason Pierre-Paul and Osi
Umenyiora a breather.

"It is awesome learning from these guys,
as far as how they dissect film," Tracy said. "I want to learn and be a student
of the game. Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora are the two of the best in the
league. So I am picking their brain left and right to try to see certain
situations that are going through their minds so I can pick up some things and
better my game."

Tracy was a defensive end while at William &amp; Mary
and then was converted to linebacker after the Giants drafted him in the sixth
round in 2010.

Tracy spent his rookie season on injured reserve with an
elbow injury. He was on the practice squad last season and now will compete with
Justin Trattou to potentially take Tollefson's backup role.

"It was a process," Tracy said of the past two seasons. "My rookie year
I was hurt, so that was kind of a setback. And last year I think I was on the
practice squad just to learn and so they can see that I am able to play."

"On the practice squad we did everything like the regular team, except
we didn't play," Tracy added. "So we are grinding every day. And with my injury,
just to see if I was durable, if I could stand the whole 20-game season that we
had, I think that put me in good position ... them seeing what I can do."

In OTAs and minicamp, Tracy said he saw some time at linebacker in
certain packages, but defensive coordinator Perry Fewell said
Tracy has been moved to defensive end.

"We felt that he's more of a
defensive end," Fewell said. "After looking at him for the past year or so, we
feel that's his strength and we can make some progress with him playing
defensive end for us."

"He's really strong at the point of attack,"
Fewell added. "You'd be surprised at how Tracy is strong at the point of attack
–- much stronger than he physically looks. But I think he'll do well there."

Tracy says spending his first two seasons in the linebackers room has
helped him learn the entire defense.

Now he is ready to show that he can
replace Tollefson and help on special teams.

"That is all I can ask for,
the opportunity," Tracy said. "With my talents and the knowledge that I have
gained thus far, I think I am in a good position.

"The opportunity I
have is great and you can believe I will take advantage of it."<font size="4"><u>
</u></font>

Coach Carter
06-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Call me a homer, but I think this team will whip some *** this season. We are loaded on both sides of the ball and mad dudes are playing for contracts.

bearbryant
07-01-2012, 04:47 PM
I've watched him since he came on 2 years ago. I've been impressed watching him even with the injuries. With the move to DE I think he'll turn some heads this season. Go Giants!!!

jomo
07-01-2012, 05:13 PM
I remember him as a rookie being disruptive in the pre-season for such a young player making the jump from 1AA college football at W&amp;M..

Tuckit91
07-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Call me a homer, but I think this team will whip some *** this season. We are loaded on both sides of the ball and mad dudes are playing for contracts.

YOU HOMER!!! Just kidding, I agree with you!

fourth&forever
07-01-2012, 09:11 PM
I like the versatility. Almost the same size as Sintim. Yes, Clint is still on the roster.

GMENAGAIN
07-01-2012, 09:14 PM
This guy would provide great depth if he could become an edge rusher . . . . .

jomo
07-01-2012, 10:42 PM
I like the versatility. Almost the same size as Sintim. Yes, Clint is still on the roster.<FONT color=#ff0000>I believe that Sintim and Beckum and Bardenwill be surprise players this year lol.</FONT>

nygpolishpunk
07-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Versatility and playing special teams is how you earn a roster spot. He has the right mindset.

gmen0820
07-02-2012, 12:08 PM
I don't get the excitement over Tracy on this MB.

He is a player that not a single NFL team (including our team) thought was worthy of being on a 53 man roster last year.* I'll be shocked if he makes the team.

giantsfan420
07-02-2012, 12:19 PM
I don't get the excitement over Tracy on this MB.

He is a player that not a single NFL team (including our team) thought was worthy of being on a 53 man roster last year.* I'll be shocked if he makes the team.

yeah but the same coulda been said about ryan grant, cameron wake, james harrison, etc etc

gmen0820
07-02-2012, 12:21 PM

RoanokeFan
07-02-2012, 12:36 PM
I like the versatility. Almost the same size as Sintim. Yes, Clint is still on the roster.<font color="#ff0000">I believe that Sintim and Beckum and Bardenwill be surprise players this year lol.</font>

You left out the tooth fairy [:S]

TuckYou
07-02-2012, 12:40 PM
I don't get the excitement over Tracy on this MB. He is a player that not a single NFL team (including our team) thought was worthy of being on a 53 man roster last year. I'll be shocked if he makes the team.</P>

I hear what you are saying, but here is where the excitement lies. He has the talent. He is athletic enough to turn heads. Maybe given this new opportunity and new role, he excels in it. This COULD be a boost for him, and maybe him being 100% healthy now, everything clicks and it is a "perfect storm" senerio. Why did every team pass on Tom Brady till the 6th round? Why was Cruz undrafted? Why was Harrison released by the Steelers like 3-4 times before emerging? It is possible...</P>

GMENAGAIN
07-02-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't get the excitement over Tracy on this MB. He is a player that not a single NFL team (including our team) thought was worthy of being on a 53 man roster last year. I'll be shocked if he makes the team.</P>

That's just a ridiculous statement because everyone knows that NFL teams never look to upgrade the fringes of their roster by claiming players on waivers or off of otherteam's practice squads. </P>

gmen0820
07-02-2012, 12:47 PM
I don't get the excitement over Tracy on this MB. He is a player that not a single NFL team (including our team) thought was worthy of being on a 53 man roster last year.* I'll be shocked if he makes the team.</P>

That's just a ridiculous statement because everyone knows that NFL teams never look to upgrade the fringes of their roster by claiming players on waivers or off of other*team's practice squads.* *</P>Good point, I guess it's very fair to doubt teams actively scout practice squads for 5th and 6th DEs, to replace their own young practice squad players.

I guess my OP in this thread was terribly flawed. Thanks GF420, TuckYou, and GMENAGAIN for helping me reach a better, more logical conclusion.

GMENAGAIN
07-02-2012, 01:10 PM

That's just a ridiculous statement because everyone knows that NFL teams never look to upgrade the fringes of their roster by claiming players on waivers or off of otherteam's practice squads. </P>

Good point, I guess it's very fair to doubt teams actively scout practice squads for 5th and 6th DEs, to replace their own young practice squad players. I guess my OP in this thread was terribly flawed. Thanks GF420, TuckYou, and GMENAGAIN for helping me reach a better, more logical conclusion.</P>

Oh, I see what you did there . . . . you are one clever guy!</P>

Let it go man.</P>

TrueBlue@NYC
07-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Versatility and playing special teams is how you earn a roster spot. He has the right mindset.
</P>

Yep, gotta know what your role is going to be on a team and he seems to have a good understanding of what he needs to do to make an impact. Now it's time to see if the talent is there. </P>

gmen0820
07-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Oh, I see what you did there . . . . you are one clever guy!</P>

Let it go man.</P>"I accept your surrender, you 99 pound unemployed weakling, dumby ****ing owned."

http://boards.giants.com/forums/3/2565087/ShowThread.aspx

To outsiders seeing this, notice the quotes I added on the insults -- they're not my words. I take the internet far less serious.

gmen0820
07-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Let it go man.</P>Hmm..

You're an awful person.</P>

*. . . . says*the guy who once called me a ***got and then tried to get out of it*by claiming that his male roomate [:$] made the post . . . . </P>

No use arguing with slippednoggin . . . he is a shrewd talent evaluator . . . . . like when he wanted us to draft Taylor Mays instead of JPP in 2010 . . . lol I never said that. Ever. I thought Taylor Mays was a possibility in the 2nd round. As for the JPP thing, you can count the people on this board on one hand who wanted JPP in the first. Im pretty sure there are a couple people on these forums who could verify the fact that my favorite safety in that draft (other than Berry) was Chad Jones.</P>

Nonsense . . . . you wanted Mays in the first.* Say what you want now, but you know its true.</P>

Why don't*YOU go find the posts if you don't believe me? because I wasent the one who came in here and started talking about what you said two years ago. So go prove what you say. <FONT size=4>The irony that you come in here and bash me for my evaluation skills then follow it up by saying you are rarely correct about players.</FONT> What a muffin Of course there was that huge Taylor Mays vs. Myron Rolle thread. Where people were arguing that Rolle would run as well as Mays at the combine, and would get drafted in the 3rd round, and be an instant starter because he was so smart.</P>

The difference is that you are a self-important, pompous winbag*who comes on here and states your opinions as fact . . . like you are smarter than the rest of us *. . . .*that's why many posters (I am not the only one) who take great glee in you*being wrong.* It makes*it even better for us when you lie about it . . . . .</P>

I am more than happy to admit when I am wrong.* </P>

See the difference now?
</P>

*</P>

** </P>

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/bschujasnyg/ScreenShot2012-07-02at13156PM.jpg

hyp·o·crite/'hip??krit/
Noun:
A person who indulges in hypocrisy.
Synonyms:
dissembler - pharisee

THE_New_York_Giants
07-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Let it go man.</P>Hmm..

You're an awful person.</P>

*. . . . says*the guy who once called me a ***got and then tried to get out of it*by claiming that his male roomate [:$] made the post . . . . </P>

flex those internet muscles. I've got the beer and the brats and the camera. You guys name a time and a place. Also I broke my charcoal grill so you guys gotta bring that.

gmen0820
07-02-2012, 01:24 PM
flex those internet muscles. Eh, I'll pass haha.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Looks like we have an internet chicken :p

gmen0820
07-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Looks like we have an internet chicken :pHaha guilty!

GMENAGAIN
07-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Let it go man.</P>Hmm..

You're an awful person.

</P>

. . . . saysthe guy who once called me a ***got and then tried to get out of itby claiming that his male roomate [:$] made the post . . . . </P>

No use arguing with slippednoggin . . . he is a shrewd talent evaluator . . . . . like when he wanted us to draft Taylor Mays instead of JPP in 2010 . . . lol I never said that. Ever. I thought Taylor Mays was a possibility in the 2nd round. As for the JPP thing, you can count the people on this board on one hand who wanted JPP in the first. Im pretty sure there are a couple people on these forums who could verify the fact that my favorite safety in that draft (other than Berry) was Chad Jones.</P>

Nonsense . . . . you wanted Mays in the first. Say what you want now, but you know its true.</P>

Why don'tYOU go find the posts if you don't believe me? because I wasent the one who came in here and started talking about what you said two years ago. So go prove what you say. <FONT size=4>The irony that you come in here and bash me for my evaluation skills then follow it up by saying you are rarely correct about players.</FONT> What a muffin Of course there was that huge Taylor Mays vs. Myron Rolle thread. Where people were arguing that Rolle would run as well as Mays at the combine, and would get drafted in the 3rd round, and be an instant starter because he was so smart.</P>

The difference is that you are a self-important, pompous winbagwho comes on here and states your opinions as fact . . . like you are smarter than the rest of us . . . .that's why many posters (I am not the only one) who take great glee in youbeing wrong. It makesit even better for us when you lie about it . . . . .</P>

I am more than happy to admit when I am wrong. </P>

See the difference now?
</P>

</P>

</P>

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/bschujasnyg/ScreenShot2012-07-02at13156PM.jpg hyp·o·crite/'hip??krit/ Noun: A person who indulges in hypocrisy. Synonyms: dissembler - pharisee</P>

Holy stalker! </P>

If you would like some nudes to go along with your GMENAGAIN collection (which I now assume containes multiple photographs of me taken through your telephoto lense), let me know . . . . . </P>

GMENAGAIN
07-02-2012, 02:07 PM
flex those internet muscles. Eh, I'll pass haha. Looks like we have an internet chicken :pHaha guilty!</P>

Shocker . . . . .</P>

gmen0820
07-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Holy stalker!*I agree, the tabs you keep on posters is quite alarming.

"Let it go"

gmen0820
07-02-2012, 02:11 PM
And to find more of these posts, just type in GMENAGAIN + another poster into Google.

And you will see a bunch of "aren't you the guy that..."

or..

"[insert insult here]"

Mercury
07-02-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't get the excitement over Tracy on this MB. He is a player that not a single NFL team (including our team) thought was worthy of being on a 53 man roster last year. I'll be shocked if he makes the team.</p>

That's just a ridiculous statement because everyone knows that NFL teams never look to upgrade the fringes of their roster by claiming players on waivers or off of otherteam's practice squads. </p>Good point, I guess it's very fair to doubt teams actively scout practice squads for 5th and 6th DEs,<font size="6"> to replace their own young practice squad players.</font>

I guess my OP in this thread was terribly flawed. Thanks GF420, TuckYou, and GMENAGAIN for helping me reach a better, more logical conclusion.

Sorry, but you can only glean the other team's practice squad players if you are going to give them a roster spot.

TuckYou
07-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Wow.... what the hell? Did I just step on an ant hill filled with hornet nests?