PDA

View Full Version : Toomer Rips Sanchez on Sirius

GMENAGAIN
07-03-2012, 08:57 AM
This morning, Toomer said that:</P>

He would rather have McNabb than Sanchez</P>

He thinks that Tebow is a better QB than Sanchez</P>

He's heard from Jets' insiders that Sanchez is great in practice, but that the games are "too big for him".</P>

Sanchez's play has never been better than just decent.</P>

</P>

</P>

MikeIsaGiant
07-03-2012, 11:40 AM
I don't know man, I'm not sold on Tebow being a better QB than Sanchez... I really am not.

Having McNabb over Sanchez? Sure maybe for a year, but not for a bigger contract obviously. McNabb is washed up.

Other than that, I think he just needs a nicer set of receivers

dezzzR
07-03-2012, 11:51 AM
I don't know man, I'm not sold on Tebow being a better QB than Sanchez... I really am not.

Having McNabb over Sanchez? Sure maybe for a year, but not for a bigger contract obviously. McNabb is washed up.

Other than that, I think he just needs a nicer set of receiversHe has Holmes and Keller, and had Plax. He has receivers. He has a good arm. His main problem is reading defenses.

Joe Morrison
07-03-2012, 12:09 PM
I don't follow it that close but from what I have seen from Sanchez is if the 1st read is there he is fine, after that it's a crap shoot.</P>

Could see Tebow getting some real time if Sanchez lets the down markers dictate the coach's hand, 3rd adn 5 or more Tebow will be the man!</P>

NYG 5
07-03-2012, 08:57 PM
I don't follow it that close but from what I have seen from Sanchez is if the 1st read is there he is fine, after that it's a crap shoot.</p>

the guy is heading into his 4th year.

how many years did it take Eli to stop locking in on Plax?

i think Sanchez has good mobility, decent arm and size, pretty durable, good athlete. the indecisiveness comes from getting his *** beaten all of last year. his numbers have gone up every year, he's scoring more points. the sacks are high and the interceptions went up, but he's a 25 year old quarterback who's progressing, doesn't go one and done in the playoffs, has handled new york pretty well. hasn't had a losing season yet. 9 TDs 3 INT in the postseason, 4-2 record as starter, all on the road. come on, give the guy a break, its not like he's playing with greatest show on turf talent. his best receiver is a 35 year old ex con.

also, i'm getting annoyed with Toomer constantly trashing people in the media. theres criticism, and then theres malicious bashing.

greenca190
07-03-2012, 09:10 PM
The jets don't do too good of a job of keeping the same personnel around sanchez. Eli had Toomer, Plax, Shockey, Tiki while growing up for three, four solid years. Sanchez has had good receivers around him, but it switches up every year.

egyptian420
07-03-2012, 09:36 PM
I don't follow it that close but from what I have seen from Sanchez is if the 1st read is there he is fine, after that it's a crap shoot.</p>

i think Sanchez has good mobility, decent arm and size, pretty durable, good athlete. the indecisiveness comes from getting his *** beaten all of last year. his numbers have gone up every year, he's scoring more points. the sacks are high and the interceptions went up, but he's a 25 year old quarterback who's progressing, doesn't go one and done in the playoffs, has handled new york pretty well. hasn't had a losing season yet. 9 TDs 3 INT in the postseason, 4-2 record as starter, all on the road. come on, give the guy a break, its not like he's playing with greatest show on turf talent. his best receiver is a 35 year old ex con.

also, i'm getting annoyed with Toomer constantly trashing people in the media. theres criticism, and then theres malicious bashing.

Hit the nail on the head. It's funny because I'm a huge Sanchez critic when idiots try comparing him to Eli. But as far as Eli's first few seasons, in all honesty they were probably less impressive than Sanchez'.

I think the Jets could actually perform better if they did their talking on the field as opposed to the media, HBO shows, Pepsi advertisements, and pre-season SB predictions.

greenca190
07-04-2012, 05:29 AM
Amani needs a job.

RoanokeFan
07-04-2012, 08:38 AM
This morning, Toomer said that:</p>

He would rather have McNabb than Sanchez</p>

He thinks that Tebow is a better QB than Sanchez</p>

He's heard from Jets' insiders that Sanchez is great in practice, but that the games are "too big for him".</p>

Sanchez's play has never been better than just decent.</p>

</p>

</p>

Tebow undeniably has won games, but he's just not a great QB yet. Is he better than Sanchez? We'll soon see.

Axels15
07-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Plain m&ms all the way!

NYG 5
07-04-2012, 12:49 PM

He's heard from Jets' insiders that Sanchez is great in practice, but that the games are "too big for him".</p>

Sanchez's play has never been better than just decent.</p>

</p>

</p>

Tebow undeniably has won games, but he's just not a great QB yet. Is he better than Sanchez? We'll soon see.

Tebow had the luxury of a defense that would keep the game at 10-6 going into the fourth quarter. see how well he did against the pats when they had to actually play 4 quarters of offense

gmen46
07-04-2012, 04:17 PM

Woa, there. Did you fall asleep on the beach and wake up with sand in your crack?

Nowhere on this thread or in Toomer's comments was the name "Eli" mentioned, until you. What does Eli have to do with this? Nothing.

What, have you been on an asteroid the last 4 months and missed the news? News flash for you then--Tebow is now ith the Jets. And guess what? Since March EVERYONE, and their brother, has been commenting about Tebow and Sanchez being on the same team and have been arguing which one will be the Jets' starter.

So why are Toomer's comments here--to use your words-- an example of "malicious bashing"?

He didn't say anything that hasn't already been said by many sports journalists, TV pundits, former and current NFL players over the past 4 months.

Annoyed with Toomer "constantly trashing people in the media"? Are you ****ing insane?

Giants Of New Jersey
07-04-2012, 07:37 PM
I don't follow it that close but from what I have seen from Sanchez is if the 1st read is there he is fine, after that it's a crap shoot.</P>

Could see Tebow getting some real time if Sanchez lets the down markers dictate the coach's hand, 3rd adn 5 or more Tebow will be the man!</P>

3rd and 5 or more, why would tebow be the man....tebow's main negative is that he can't throw..3rd and 5 or more is a passing situation...im confused

NYG 5
07-05-2012, 08:58 AM

Woa, there. Did you fall asleep on the beach and wake up with sand in your crack?

Nowhere on this thread or in Toomer's comments was the name "Eli" mentioned, until you. What does Eli have to do with this? Nothing.

What, have you been on an asteroid the last 4 months and missed the news? News flash for you then--Tebow is now ith the Jets. And guess what? Since March EVERYONE, and their brother, has been commenting about Tebow and Sanchez being on the same team and have been arguing which one will be the Jets' starter.

So why are Toomer's comments here--to use your words-- an example of "malicious bashing"?

He didn't say anything that hasn't already been said by many sports journalists, TV pundits, former and current NFL players over the past 4 months.

Annoyed with Toomer "constantly trashing people in the media"? Are you ****ing insane?

Everyone seems to think that Sanchez hasn't developed and will never grow to the point where he's an upper level QB. however, they seem to forget that he's only coming into his 4th season. I mention Eli because it took him 4 years to become a legitimately good starter, and he hadn't become an all pro player until his 6th, 7th, or 8th season. the Eli point is that you have to give guys time, not everyone is a Tom Brady who plays at a championship level in his second year in the league. and Sanchez is a guy who has had good success throwing on the road with a team that had been built to run, run, run.

as to what OP said,
"

Sanchez's play has never been better than just decent."</p>

</p>

Toomer says he thinks McNabb is better than Sanchez. Donovan is an over the hill player who's mobility, arm strength, and especially his accuracy has declined significantly, and he thinks that's superior to Sanchez. that's a slap in the face. he might as well have just said he wants Tebow, that's a little less insulting if he uses one of Mark's peers and not a has been from another era.</p>

Then he's saying Tebow is better than Sanchez before the first preseason game even starts. that's just unfair. lets see how Tebow does with Wayne Hunter at tackle before we make any declarations.</p>

then he's saying Sanchez doesn't have the IQ for the game, which is worse than Tiki calling Eli a mental midget. at least a mental midget implies that you can be great if you stop thinking you're little. Toomer is saying Mark is too stupid to run an NFL offense, but Tebow has great experience doing it in his super complex option offense.</p>

so yeah, once again Toomer is slamming somebody. have YOU been the one living under a rock? because in the past year he's bashed Jim Fassel, bashed Jeremy Shockey (calling him an ***), claimed that Kurt Warner is trashing the game, and now he's jumping in on beating Sanchez and hyping Tebow. also, ESPN did a special on the 2003 SF wildcard, and all the Giants they talked to didn't point any fingers at anyone else, and to an extent, had gotten over the game. except for Toomer. his final words were about how if he saw Trey Junkin today he would punch him in the face.
</p>

so yeah, Toomer has a track record of talking **** on people. if he's so classy, as everyone here wants to believe, he needs to do it with his words to the media. and jumping on the "**** on Sanchez" bandwagon certainly is not classy. just because its well dressed Amani Toomer acting like your typical pundit doesn't mean its ok. but what would you know about class, coming on a message board and calling people insane and thinking i have no idea Tebow is on the Jets and everyone is talking about him.
</p>

falling asleep on the beach and waking up with sand in my crack? yeah, **** you buddy. if you're too much of a ****ing self-absorbed ******* to connect the Eli story of "rough start to everyone's favorite QB" to another young quarterback who has shown potential, then maybe you shouldn't be posting on any topics that are beyond your narrow comprehension.
</p>

gmen46
07-05-2012, 11:26 AM

Everyone seems to think that Sanchez hasn't developed and will never grow to the point where he's an upper level QB. however, they seem to forget that he's only coming into his 4th season. I mention Eli because it took him 4 years to become a legitimately good starter, and he hadn't become an all pro player until his 6th, 7th, or 8th season. the Eli point is that you have to give guys time, not everyone is a Tom Brady who plays at a championship level in his second year in the league. and Sanchez is a guy who has had good success throwing on the road with a team that had been built to run, run, run.

as to what OP said,
"

Sanchez's play has never been better than just decent."</p>

</p>

Toomer says he thinks McNabb is better than Sanchez. Donovan is an over the hill player who's mobility, arm strength, and especially his accuracy has declined significantly, and he thinks that's superior to Sanchez. that's a slap in the face. he might as well have just said he wants Tebow, that's a little less insulting if he uses one of Mark's peers and not a has been from another era.</p>

Then he's saying Tebow is better than Sanchez before the first preseason game even starts. that's just unfair. lets see how Tebow does with Wayne Hunter at tackle before we make any declarations.</p>

then he's saying Sanchez doesn't have the IQ for the game, which is worse than Tiki calling Eli a mental midget. at least a mental midget implies that you can be great if you stop thinking you're little. Toomer is saying Mark is too stupid to run an NFL offense, but Tebow has great experience doing it in his super complex option offense.</p>

so yeah, once again Toomer is slamming somebody. have YOU been the one living under a rock? because in the past year he's bashed Jim Fassel, bashed Jeremy Shockey (calling him an ***), claimed that Kurt Warner is trashing the game, and now he's jumping in on beating Sanchez and hyping Tebow. also, ESPN did a special on the 2003 SF wildcard, and all the Giants they talked to didn't point any fingers at anyone else, and to an extent, had gotten over the game. except for Toomer. his final words were about how if he saw Trey Junkin today he would punch him in the face.
</p>

so yeah, Toomer has a track record of talking **** on people. if he's so classy, as everyone here wants to believe, he needs to do it with his words to the media. and jumping on the "**** on Sanchez" bandwagon certainly is not classy. just because its well dressed Amani Toomer acting like your typical pundit doesn't mean its ok. but what would you know about class, coming on a message board and calling people insane and thinking i have no idea Tebow is on the Jets and everyone is talking about him.
</p>

falling asleep on the beach and waking up with sand in my crack? yeah, **** you buddy. if you're too much of a ****ing self-absorbed ******* to connect the Eli story of "rough start to everyone's favorite QB" to another young quarterback who has shown potential, then maybe you shouldn't be posting on any topics that are beyond your narrow comprehension.
</p>

Nowhere in the Toomer quote by the OP does Toomer question Sanchez' IQ. I have no idea where you pulled that from. But I can guess.

Shockey worked hard to earn his reputation of being an ***. That doesn't dissolve easily. Toomer worked with the guy for 6 years. Did you? Maybe Toomer knows a thing or two about Shockey as a team mate that we don't. You think that's remotely possible? Toomer is hardly the first, or last, player to call Shocker an ***.

You think it's just mere coincidence that not a single NFL franchise has considered giving Fassel a 2nd chance at HC? This is a league where 2nd and even 3rd chances at HC have been given to the likes of Wade Phillips, **** Jauron, Chan Gailey, Chuck "Ground Chuck" Ross, many others--all of whom had less ultimate success as HC than did Fassel with the Giants (though some of them had some winning seasons, none of them took any of their respective multiple teams to the SB), and all of whom had multiple HC jobs.

Ever think Fassel may have burnt his bridges with Mara? Ever think that, however he ended his term with the Giants, that bridge burning destroyed any chance he may have had to be HC of any other franchise? And what could Fassel have done to piss off Mara /Tisch THAT much?

So maybe Toomer had a reason for saying whatever he said about Fassel. I don't know what he said, but given your overreaction to his comments about the others that I do remember, I'm certain it wasn't any "trashing".

And questioning why you would make this thread--which had absolutely nothing to do with Eli--into yet another, among the many, many, MANY threads--about Eli, is not about my "narrow comprehension". It's questioning why every thread about any QB MUST turn into something about Eli.

"Comprehension" is not at issue here.

What is at issue here is the over sensitivity by some (by "some", I mean you) to some remarks made by a former Giants great which, in the context of all the other remarks made by players about players have been rather mild.