PDA

View Full Version : Will The Giants Make A Pick In This Years's Supplemental Draft...

Cool Papa B.
07-03-2012, 01:04 PM
And i so then who do they go after?

The Sup. Draft is on July 12. I know they haven't done anything in this draft in years. But I'm curious to know who is available and if Reese will pull a rabbit out of his hat and pick a player that can contribute to the team.

What do you guys think?

Joe Morrison
07-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Dave Brown!</P>

</P>

Cool Papa B.
07-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Dave Brown!</P>

*</P>

Who is he and what pos. does he play?

Cool Papa B.
07-03-2012, 01:33 PM
WHat about Josh Gordon of Utah. 6'4", 225 lbs. WR who runs the 40 in 4.4. He might be a guy worth going for.

Drez
07-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Dave Brown!</p>

</p>

Not sure if serious.

Drez
07-03-2012, 01:44 PM
WHat about Josh Gordon of Utah. 6'4", 225 lbs. WR who runs the 40 in 4.4. He might be a guy worth going for.
Why is he in the supplemental draft?

thomsoad
07-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Dave Brown!</P>

*</P>

Ahh...sux to be old doesnt it. :D

nygpolishpunk
07-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Dave Brown!</p>

</p>

Who is he and what pos. does he play?You haven't been following the Giants very long have you?

GMENAGAIN
07-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Dave Brown!</P>

</P>

</P>

Ugh</P>

That's exactly what name pops into my head as soon as I hear the words "supplemental draft"</P>

thomsoad
07-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Dave Brown!</p>

*</p>

Who is he and what pos. does he play?You haven't been following the Giants very long have you?

In all fairness...that Dave Brown pick was almost 20 years ago now.

slipknottin
07-03-2012, 02:11 PM
There is really only one guy worth picking. A HB who isn't worth more than a 7th round pick, and the giants already have good competition at that position.

So no, i do not see them using a draft pick for anyone in the supp draft

b_ELI_eve
07-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Dave Brown!</p>

*</p>

Im 25 and still know who Dave Brown is

GiantPride27
07-03-2012, 02:29 PM

He had off the field character issues at baylor and was dismissed fromthe team. he then transfered to utah and i dont beleive he was eligible to play bc of nvaa transfer rules. so but if he would have been at baylor with RGIII he would have been a first round pick and you would never have heard of Kendal wright. im talking a top ten talent

Cool Papa B.
07-03-2012, 02:39 PM
OHHHHH....

That David Brown.

Cool Papa B.
07-03-2012, 02:47 PM
FYI I thought the guy was talking about someone else not the worst QB in Giants history.

giantsfan420
07-03-2012, 02:54 PM

He had off the field character issues at baylor and was dismissed fromthe team. he then transfered to utah and i dont beleive he was eligible to play bc of nvaa transfer rules. so but if he would have been at baylor with RGIII he would have been a first round pick and you would never have heard of Kendal wright. im talking a top ten talent

if he is as talented as u indicate, theres no doubt in my mind that JR has investigated and reviewed the situation and will make the decision that is best for the giants...

thomsoad
07-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Dave Brown!</p>

*</p>

Im 25 and still know who Dave Brown is

Would you consider yourself above average in Giants history? Im not busting on you here...just tryin to be a bit more leniant on peeps considerably younger then myself.

slipknottin
07-03-2012, 03:12 PM

Um no. A guy who has 50 career college receptions and multiple off field incidents is not a top talent. He is a 7th round prospect

thomsoad
07-03-2012, 03:15 PM

Um no. A guy who has 50 career college receptions and multiple off field incidents is not a top talent. He is a 7th round prospect

if those are really this guys #'s I wouldnt even rate him as high as "mr irrelevant". Thats total walk on #'s.

slipknottin
07-03-2012, 03:22 PM
If we want a baseline. Well let's look at another 6'4 220 pound receiver who runs sub 4.4. Tommy streeter. Didn't have the off the field issues. Also had about 50 career catches. Drafted in the 6th round

Gordon has been out of football for a year. He's in the supplemental draft where teams traditionally are far more hesitant to draft anyone.

What reason would there be to believe that Gordon should be drafted at all?

sharick88
07-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Dave Brown!</P>

*</P>

Dude, really?

sharick88
07-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Dave Brown!</P>

*</P>
LMAO.

gmen46
07-03-2012, 03:49 PM
If we want a baseline. Well let's look at another 6'4 220 pound receiver who runs sub 4.4. Tommy streeter. Didn't have the off the field issues. Also had about 50 career catches. Drafted in the 6th round

Gordon has been out of football for a year. He's in the supplemental draft where teams traditionally are far more hesitant to draft anyone.

What reason would there be to believe that Gordon should be drafted at all?

Besides, we already met our annual "off the field issues" player addition when we picked up Will Hill a couple months ago............:)

Cool Papa B.
07-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Dave Brown!</P>

*</P>

Dude, really?

Dave Brown is a very common name you know. And it's not like I know the poster well enough to know if he's joking or not.

It's not like everyone here knows who John Washington is. Oh well...

MikeIsaGiant
07-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Dave Brown!</P>

*</P>

Dude, really?

Dave Brown is a very common name you know. And it's not like I know the poster well enough to know if he's joking or not.

He was the best QB ever

Cool Papa B.
07-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Dave Brown!</P>

*</P>

Dude, really?

He was the best QB ever

LOL LOL well done.

Drez
07-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Dave Brown!</p>

</p>

Dude, really?

However, there is only one Dave Brown that was drafted by the New York Football Giants in the Supplemental Draft.

Rat_bastich
07-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Dave Brown!</P>

*</P>

Dude, really?

Everyone has tried to wipe this part of history from their minds...Cool Papa B was just successful. Kudos!

JJC7301
07-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Dave Brown!</P>

*</P>

</P>

Ugh</P>

That's exactly what name pops into my head as soon as I hear the words "supplemental draft"</P>
The name that pops into my head is Phil Simms.

mainegiantsfan
07-05-2012, 02:22 AM
Where did Brown go to college?

Rat_bastich
07-05-2012, 03:38 AM

Duke <font color="red">always known as the Quarterback college</font>

NYGJayPro81
07-05-2012, 05:21 AM

Dave Brown was horrendous...but I'll never forget when he trucked Deion Sanders lmao

Rat_bastich
07-05-2012, 05:41 AM

Dave Brown was horrendous...but I'll never forget when he trucked Deion Sanders lmao

I remember that too. Didn't he take off down the sidelines when Deion <font color="red"> decided to make his one and only tackle in the NFL?</font>

God, remember when we thought Kent Graham and then Danny Kanell were the answer? Man, I want to puke now.

Captain Chaos
07-05-2012, 07:21 AM

What draft pick are you willing to give up next year?

Cool Papa B.
07-05-2012, 07:50 AM

What draft pick are you willing to give up next year?

No more than a 6th or 7th round pick.

fansince69
07-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Dave Brown!</p>

</p>

</p>

Ugh</p>

That's exactly what name pops into my head as soon as I hear the words "supplemental draft"</p>
The name that pops into my head is Phil Simms.

Am I missing something? why does Simms name pop into your head?

JesseJames
07-05-2012, 05:44 PM
anybody know how they figure what round you give up for taking a supplemental player, how are they rated..

fizzlestick
07-05-2012, 07:15 PM
anybody know how they figure what round you give up for taking a supplemental player, how are they rated..
The same round you take the player in.

Drez
07-05-2012, 07:30 PM
anybody know how they figure what round you give up for taking a supplemental player, how are they rated.. It's pretty much an auction. Interested teams place a "bid" of what round draft pick they will surrender next season. Highest pick gets the player. I'd imagine if more than one team bids the same round pick on a player they go in draft order to see who gets him.

fourth&forever
07-05-2012, 09:28 PM

Here is a tiny glimpse of Sanders bouncing off Dave Brown at 21 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJU9JQ5-A3w&feature=related

JJC7301
07-06-2012, 12:35 AM

I remember that too. Didn't he take off down the sidelines when Deion <font color="red"> decided to make his one and only tackle in the NFL?</font>

God, remember when we thought Kent Graham and then Danny Kanell were the answer? Man, I want to puke now.
While I never thought that Graham and Kanell were the answer, it was so time to move on from Brown when those 2 came along.

I was so relieved when Collins was signed. I knew that he was a big question mark, but he had already accomplished more than Brown, Graham, and Kanell combined.

My only fond memory of Brown was a good win that they had against the 'boys when he threw across the seam to Dave Megget which was the big play of the winning drive.

JJC7301
07-06-2012, 12:43 AM

Here is a tiny glimpse of Sanders bouncing off Dave Brown at 21 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJU9JQ5-A3w&feature=related

Where is Dave Brown today?:

http://www.greenhill.com/index.php?option=com_peoplebook&Itemid=291&func=grShowProfile&profileid=10000236

GiantPride27
07-09-2012, 12:39 PM

Like i said not staying on the field hurt him. IF he wouldnt have had those issues and stayed at baylor he would have been a top threat.

Look at Stephen Hill he had 49 career college receptions and he was a 1st round talant that fell to the 2nd. 6-4 215 4.35 40

they are very comparable atheltically...

He has first round talant but couldnt get out of his own way

Cool Papa B.
07-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Former Baylor wide receiver Josh Gordon, who has declared for Thursday's supplemental draft, is scheduled to hold his pro day on Tuesday at the Houston Texans' training facility, according to a league source.

Multiple NFL teams are expected to attend, and the 6-foot-3, 225-pound Gordon is expected to be timed in the 40-yard dash in the 4.4s or better.

A source told ESPN.com's James Walker the Buffalo Bills will attend Gordon's workout.

One NFL scout said Gordon could go as high as the second round, and he is considered a rare talent as far as supplemental drafts go.

Gordon spent last season out of football after Baylor dismissed him from the team in August 2011. Gordon then transferred to Utah but had to leave the school for the supplemental draft for financial reasons.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8143170/2012-nfl-supplemental-draft-wr-josh-gordon-hold-pro-day-tuesday-source-says

2nd round pick? Too rich for my blood. I would give up no more than a 6th, maybe a 5th round depending if he worksout well. I'll pass if that's the case

slipknottin
07-10-2012, 04:51 PM
So much for that sub 4.4 crap that the hype train was rolling with.

4.53 and a 4.6 and he hurt himself on the second one.

giantman8493
07-10-2012, 05:14 PM
So much for that sub 4.4 crap that the hype train was rolling with.

4.53 and a 4.6 and he hurt himself on the second one. SWEET. maybe we could steal him with a 5th!!!!!!!!!!!