PDA

View Full Version : NY GIANTS COUNTING ON A COMEBACK SEASON FROM JUSTIN TUCK

RoanokeFan
07-03-2012, 02:38 PM
NY GIANTS COUNTING ON A COMEBACK SEASON FROM JUSTIN TUCK (http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/new_york_giants_counting_on_a_comeback_season_from _justin_tuck/11136935)

"Justin Tuck (https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.rantsports.com/new-york-giants/2012/05/30/justin-tuck-thinks-osi-umenyiora-deserves-to-get-paid/&sa=U&ei=SOHxT425EYLe0QGG4_T6Ag&ved=0CAsQFjAD&clie nt=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNGyVs15rEqas9LRsAmzl00nf8YNFA) is one of the unquestioned
leaders of the <a href="http://www.rantsports.com/new-york-giants/" target="_blank">New
York Giants</a> defense. He has been a key member of two Super Bowl
winning teams and has been named to two Pro Bowls. He was named the 62<sup>nd</sup> best player in the NFL (http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/) by his peers in an NFL Network
ranking. Still, Justin Tuck is not satisfied.

Last season was a bit of a disappointment
for Tuck. Aside from winning the Super Bowl, that is. On the field, Tuck
struggled with injuries, and struggled to stay on the field all season long. He
only played in 12 <a id="itxthook0" class="itxtrst itxtrsta itxthook" rel="nofollow"><span id="itxthook0w0" class="itxtrst itxtrstspan itxthookspan">games</span></a> and
made 11 starts and recorded 5 sacks and forced only 1 fumble after forcing 5
each of the last two years.</p>

This year, Tuck has made headlines with
his new facemask which should prevent opposing offensive linemen from getting
their hands into his mask and twisting his head, something that contributed to
his sore neck. With the new mask comes a new attitude as well. He sees the
Giants as a team on the rise, a team that will only get better. Right now,
there is no reason to doubt him. They are going to enter <a id="itxthook1" class="itxtrst itxtrsta itxthook" rel="nofollow"><span id="itxthook1w0" class="itxtrst itxtrstspan itxthookspan">training</span></a> camp
with a healthy Terrell Thomas,
their star cornerback recovering from an ACL injury. Tuck and fellow defensive
end Osi Umenyiora are also healthy
heading into camp giving the Giants one of the deepest defensive end rotations
in <a id="itxthook2" class="itxtrst itxtrsta itxthook" rel="nofollow"><span id="itxthook2w0" class="itxtrst itxtrstspan itxthookspan">football</span></a>.</p>

Obviously, having a healthy Tuck would be
a huge difference. If he can return to his 2008 or 2010 form the Giants defense
could be among the best in the NFL. He has been determined all offseason to
return to that form which should scare opposing quarterbacks."</p>

MikeIsaGiant
07-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Come back season from Tuck = beast.

Some of our problems last year was with Tuck IMO. Looked hurt, unmotivated etc. until the the last few games and postseason

bklyn1028
07-03-2012, 02:50 PM

Some of our problems last year was with Tuck IMO. Looked hurt, unmotivated etc. until the the last few games and postseason

He was saving himself.

giantsfan420
07-03-2012, 02:57 PM

i agree. he had a tremendous game in the SB. and he played well from the jets game on really, coincidentally after TC and rolle each sat down and had a heart to heart with him.

dont sleep on tuck. bc he was so unlike himself last season, a lot of people forget just how dominant and complete a de he can be.

i am looking forward to a healthy tuck, especially one that is motivated to prove he is one of the best.

RoanokeFan
07-03-2012, 03:21 PM

He was genuinely worried about re-injuring his neck. While understandable, it tends to make you overly cautious. In the NFL, that translates into sub-par performance. He eventually got it together and we can only hope he returns to form this season.

giantsfan420
07-03-2012, 03:31 PM

He was genuinely worried about re-injuring his neck.* While understandable, it tends to make you overly cautious.* In the NFL, that translates into sub-par performance.** He eventually got it together and we can only hope he returns to form this season.

its tripe and a cliche but sports really is 90% mental. a split tenth of a second of doubt, confusion, or indecisiveness can be the difference between success and failure.

after tuck had that man to man with TC, tuck seemed to really play at a much higher level. i cant recall but wasnt TC's message that he needs to go out and give it his all every second of every snap and not let his mind play games on him and to just enjoy himself and go back to having fun?
whatever it was, it worked...i know rolles message about practicing being crucial got through to a lot of the players, tuck included and maybe even especially.

RoanokeFan
07-03-2012, 04:22 PM

He was genuinely worried about re-injuring his neck. While understandable, it tends to make you overly cautious. In the NFL, that translates into sub-par performance. He eventually got it together and we can only hope he returns to form this season.

its tripe and a cliche but sports really is 90% mental. a split tenth of a second of doubt, confusion, or indecisiveness can be the difference between success and failure.

after tuck had that man to man with TC, tuck seemed to really play at a much higher level. i cant recall but wasnt TC's message that he needs to go out and give it his all every second of every snap and not let his mind play games on him and to just enjoy himself and go back to having fun?
whatever it was, it worked...i know rolles message about practicing being crucial got through to a lot of the players, tuck included and maybe even especially.

Whatever else it is, it's true. If you hesitate making a hit, chances are you don't make it. You also don't get a second chance. Neck injuries are serious and if a player is gong to worry about a "future injury" he may as well retire.

giantsfan420
07-03-2012, 04:33 PM

He was genuinely worried about re-injuring his neck.* While understandable, it tends to make you overly cautious.* In the NFL, that translates into sub-par performance.** He eventually got it together and we can only hope he returns to form this season.

Whatever else it is, it's true.* If you hesitate making a hit, chances are you don't make it.* You also don't get a second chance.* Neck injuries are serious and if a player is gong to worry about a "future injury" he may as well retire.

im not gonna lie, i was and am actually a bit worried about these injuries to tuck. they seem to be the kind that nag, like in the stage before a person needs or can even have surgery but also before being to actually heal and be at full strength. you are up to date and almost everything giants news related, what were tucks injuries and hows his health looking RF?

SweetZombieJesus
07-03-2012, 04:39 PM

He was questioning (in the press, no less) whether he belonged on the field.

That lead Coughlin to tell him "just give me everything you've got".

ALL IN was born. Glory and mental toughness out of struggle and self doubt.

burier
07-03-2012, 04:39 PM

i agree. he had a tremendous game in the SB. and he played well from the jets game on really, coincidentally after TC and rolle each sat down and had a heart to heart with him.

dont sleep on tuck. bc he was so unlike himself last season, a lot of people forget just how dominant and complete a de he can be.

i am looking forward to a healthy tuck, especially one that is motivated to prove he is one of the best.

Meh...Never really dominate.

Is stout against the run and USUALLY has a good enough motor to compile decent sack totals but not what I'd call dominant. A double team usually shuts him down completely.

That said our Dline has so much going on right now I don't think Tuck will see too many doubles anymore. (which is good because he has cried about being doubled in the past.) So all of the conditions point to him having a strong bounce back season.

buddy33
07-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Wouldn't being double teamed mean he is dominating therefore the opposing teams doubles him? Why would you double team a non dominat player to leave Osi or JPP alone?

buddy33
07-03-2012, 05:59 PM
The neck injury was real, then the groin, and a toe as well. Then the mind was holding him back. It's been said before, nothing new here. When he is healthy is absolutely dominat and extremely versatile.

Tuck is not faking injuries. He played almost an entire season a few years ago with an injured shoulder after being tripped. Not his fault and it doesn't make him injury prone.

T-Murda84
07-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Once Tuck mentally toughens up he will become one of the better Defensive Ends in football. Seriously he asked for a new facemask because Linemen is twisting his neck LOL....Tuck get more physical and get their hands off of you...a new facemask will not help that.

RoanokeFan
07-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Wouldn't being double teamed mean he is dominating therefore the opposing teams doubles him? Why would you double team a non dominat player to leave Osi or JPP alone?

+1

OX1
07-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Once Tuck mentally toughens up he will become one of the better Defensive Ends in football. Seriously he asked for a new facemask because Linemen is twisting his neck LOL....Tuck get more physical and get their hands off of you...a new facemask will not help that.

Really??, your bagging on Tuck because he had to get a new face mask due to multiple non-called penalties every game??

"Grasping the facemask by all players,<font color="#ff1493"> including offensive players</font>, will
continue to be strictly enforced. Specific attention is to be given to
the runner who twists, turns, or pulls the facemask of the defender who
is trying to make the tackle."

giantsfan39
07-03-2012, 10:44 PM
10 sacks would be great. 2010 form would be great.

buffyblue
07-04-2012, 02:24 AM
Justin Tuck publically addressed his self doubts last year and then he got it together and became the Defensive Captain that we needed him to become. It took a lot of courage for Justin Tuck to conquor his issuses and evolve like he did. I am confident he will have a monster year and I am confident our defense will be so much better this upcoming season.

Justin Tuck is also a great man that spends time with sick teenagers and visits Cops wounded in line of duty. We have a lot of really good guys on this team and Justin Tuck sets an example on how to act. I love and am very proud of our team.

Captain Chaos
07-04-2012, 06:38 AM
If healthy he will be a beast.

miked1958
07-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Come back season from Tuck = beast. Some of our problems last year was with Tuck IMO. Looked hurt, unmotivated etc. until the the last few games and postseason He was saving himself.Well in his defense he was battleing those two injuries all season. Groin was one of them. dont remember what the other nagging injury was