PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Thomas Highlights From 2010

Antwuan
07-04-2012, 04:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYYa9gU53t8&feature=g-u-u

All Targets.

Neverend
07-04-2012, 05:09 PM
I disagree with the commenter in that video that claimed terrell thomas is a great athlete but has sloppy technique

i see it as the opposite. i dont think he locates the ball in the air quickly enough, adjusts/contorts his body good enough, and lacks a great vertical/speed. this, to me, are signs of lacking in athletic qualities.

Also, I cant believe I forgot about that james jones dropped touchdown that would've sealed the game for the packers. i remember being very pissed watching that. T2 did the same exact thing there as he did on the calvin johnson TD. trying to gamble underneath and getting the QB to think the WR is open right away. this type of technique from T2 showed up three times in this film and it worked once (he dropped a pick)

putting the negatives i took from this film aside, T2 had an above average season coverage-wise in 2010. U gotta love his competitiveness and ball skills. Real physical -- plays with a lot of heart. You need guys like that on your football team. Kinda interesting though. I remember some people saying last offseason T2 developed into our best corner because he showed more playmaking ability (ff, ints, etc) but nah -- Corey Webster gets targeted half as much as he does and was still the better giants corner in 2010 after what i saw in this vid

Thanks for the video

XxBigWhitxX
07-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Is TT the hardest hitting corner i the NFL? I can't think of anyone that world really challenge him in that respect other than maybe Woodson.

Neverend
07-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Is TT the hardest hitting corner i the NFL? I can't think of anyone that world really challenge him in that respect other than maybe Woodson.

yeah, a large part of t2's skill set screams safety

BlueBlooded1979
07-04-2012, 06:07 PM

yeah, a large part of t2's skill set screams safety

He is a solid tackler but Woodson, Flowers, Revis are all harder hitters/better tacklers. His 100 tackles in 2010 is a result of poor coverage. Like Deion says "If you can't cover, you better tackle"

I think he is a safety. He lacks quickness to play nickel and speed to play on the outside. Having a lot of picks is nice but not when you have a 60% completion pct against. He seems like a smart guy so a transition to safety wouldn't be too hard for him and he likes to play the ball instead of the man.

DaDiesel
07-05-2012, 10:34 AM
One of the main reasons, we lost to Philly and didn't make the playoffs that year. He is awful in coverage. Prince had better be starting or we will be in big trouble....

TuckYou
07-05-2012, 10:50 AM
One of the main reasons, we lost to Philly and didn't make the playoffs that year. He is awful in coverage. Prince had better be starting or we will be in big trouble....</P>

Thats what I keep telling people. T2 will be the 3rd CB on this team. And he will be a Giant for one more year. Good for depth at CB if he is healthy, but I think he is overrated. </P>

MikeIsaGiant
07-05-2012, 10:52 AM
One of the main reasons, we lost to Philly and didn't make the playoffs that year. He is awful in coverage. Prince had better be starting or we will be in big trouble....</P>

Thats what I keep telling people. T2 will be the 3rd CB on this team. And he will be a Giant for one more year. Good for depth at CB if he is healthy, but I think he is overrated. </P>

I know this is off thread, but I like your signature.

I'm not surprised Washington isn't above New York

FroZeNx31x
07-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Good video... I always like the toughness T2 shows on the field but i have to agree with some of you, T2 is better suited to play Safety.

nycsportzfan
07-05-2012, 11:22 AM
I love TT, and think with him,were a way better team.. Hes a playmaker, and we lack that to a degree in the secondary.. I think hes the best CB we have, personally... I might be in the minority saying that, but i feel he gets a raw deal from some of u on here.. There is no one i feel has a better chance of making a game changing play in teh secondary on this team then TT...

XxBigWhitxX
07-05-2012, 01:19 PM
I'll say this. alot of the times he got beat in the '10 season it was the pass not the receiver that beat him. he played some tight coverage but the pass always seemed to be perfect.

b_ELI_eve
07-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Dez Bryant and Maclin tear TT up. Ouch

BJacobs aka The Problem
07-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Is it me or does it seem like he's never really in a good position to jump for balls? It seemed like every time he had to jump to make a play he was always off balance.

Also, from watching that video, I'm not all that impressed. If someone can put a video of Ross from last year I'd like to see it to see what the difference is going to be because TT did not look that good. Factor in that he's coming off an injury and this may be a long season for him.

nhpgiantsfan
07-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I love TT, and think with him,were a way better team.. Hes a playmaker, and we lack that to a degree in the secondary.. I think hes the best CB we have, personally... I might be in the minority saying that, but i feel he gets a raw deal from some of u on here.. There is no one i feel has a better chance of making a game changing play in teh secondary on this team then TT...</P>

You're are right about one thing. There is nobody that has a better chance of making a game changing play in the secondary. But that is just because so many balls will be thrown his way because QB's are avoiding Webster. CW is a far better corner and QB's will be trying to exploit TT this year. He will have to step up and prove to them that he is no slouch.</P>

Neverend
07-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Is it me or does it seem like he's never really in a good position to jump for balls? It seemed like every time he had to jump to make a play he was always off balance.

Also, from watching that video, I'm not all that impressed. If someone can put a video of Ross from last year I'd like to see it to see what the difference is going to be because TT did not look that good. Factor in that he's coming off an injury and this may be a long season for him.

Ross was much worse last year. At least with TT, you can say that receivers caught highly contested balls against him or that rolle screwed up a few coverages -- but Ross was abused at times last year anytime the giants went up against a team with a good #2 receiver

DaDiesel
07-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Is it me or does it seem like he's never really in a good position to jump for balls? It seemed like every time he had to jump to make a play he was always off balance. Also, from watching that video, I'm not all that impressed. If someone can put a video of Ross from last year I'd like to see it to see what the difference is going to be because TT did not look that good. Factor in that he's coming off an injury and this may be a long season for him. Ross was much worse last year. At least with TT, you can say that receivers caught highly contested balls against him or that rolle screwed up a few coverages -- but Ross was abused at times last year anytime the giants went up against a team with a good #2 receiver</P>

When was he abused? Falcons? Packers? Niners? New England? I don't know what you are talking about.Ross has been an integral part of 2 Super Bowl winning teams. As far as I am concerned, T2 has done nothing...Except take place in one of the worst collapses in the history of Giant football(Philly).....</P>

Ntegrase96
07-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Is it me or does it seem like he's never really in a good position to jump for balls? It seemed like every time he had to jump to make a play he was always off balance. Also, from watching that video, I'm not all that impressed. If someone can put a video of Ross from last year I'd like to see it to see what the difference is going to be because TT did not look that good. Factor in that he's coming off an injury and this may be a long season for him. Ross was much worse last year. At least with TT, you can say that receivers caught highly contested balls against him or that rolle screwed up a few coverages -- but Ross was abused at times last year anytime the giants went up against a team with a good #2 receiver</P>

When was he abused? Falcons? Packers? Niners? New England? I don't know what you are talking about.Ross has been an integral part of 2 Super Bowl winning teams. As far as I am concerned, T2 has done nothing...Except take place in one of the worst collapses in the history of Giant football(Philly).....</P>

</P>

</P>

Ross was one of the worst CBs in the league last year. He stepped it up in the playoffs though.</P>

burier
07-06-2012, 05:25 PM
were these highlights or lowlights?

Just goes to show that T2 was a decent corner but nothing to write home about and now coming off his second ACL it looks like its a wrap.

giantsfan420
07-06-2012, 06:10 PM
were these highlights or lowlights?

Just goes to show that T2 was a decent corner but nothing to write home about and now coming off his second ACL it looks like its a wrap.

disagree.

one-did u notice that t2 was lining up on the other teams best receivers for much of that clip?

two-he's going to be used in a role that i feel will highlight what he can do well, and hide what he can't. if he can be that 3rd safety/nickel corner like i think he can, we're gonna see a lot of t2 blitzing off the edge, disguising his coverages, helping in the run game, and making a bunch of plays on the ball...t2 up against the other teams 1 or 2, nah i'd prefer prince tbh even right now...t2 vs the other teams 3rd wr/TE/rb...yeah, i like that. and i believe PF will get really creative with how to use him. don't forget, entering this past season, t2, pf, everyone was excited we got prince bc it meant t2 could be used more like a charles woodson type corner, something i think he can do real well...at least better than grant and thats not a knock on grant.

Neverend
07-06-2012, 07:13 PM

When was he abused? Falcons? Packers? Niners? New England? I don't know what you are talking about.*Ross has been an integral part of 2 Super Bowl winning teams. As far as I am concerned, T2 has done nothing...Except take place in one of the worst collapses in the history of Giant football(Philly).....</P>

Sure, sure.. I'll give credit where credit is due. Ross was fantastic during the playoffs. But he did not have a good regular season and gave up an amount of explosive plays last year that was just as bad, if not worse, than T2's 2010 season:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2nvfpc2.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2efkmqa.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/30xhdn6.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/11mgt2h.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/116uczs.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/14ohnc.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/ja85fq.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/29c6weh.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2a9qwoz.jpg

... and I've only gone through the first 2 games of the regular season. He had a tendency to give up big plays downfield just like T2 did, if not worse

DaDiesel
07-06-2012, 11:52 PM
And all I have to say is one name=Dez Bryant, the guy made T2 look like a fool too many times for me to show. There would be no more room on the message board.
Show me something that mattered. A game against the redskins that Eli threw a pick 6? And a game against the Rams that we won anyway? Weak.... I put the Eagles debacle on and show you how T2 gives up on the game tying td to Maclin.

Neverend
07-07-2012, 01:47 AM
c'mon, i highly doubt aaron ross is a BETTER matchup on dez bryant than T2

and at least terrell thomas doesnt bite on every single double move and head fake from every single WR. if u watch that video, there was times when receivers (like calvin johnson) to bite on those fakes and T2 held his ground. Ross would have been on his heels a number of times

Ross might be a better athlete than terrell thomas

but T2 has superior football instincts, better run defense (ross was honorable in this area), better discpline, better understanding & recognition of routes (dsnt bite on every double move), more versatile, consistent, can actually pressure the QB, etc

ill take terrell thomas anyday over ross. both arent perfect, they can get beat deep. but t2 offers so much more

DaDiesel
07-07-2012, 10:34 PM
The fact that people say that T2 is better suited as a safety is an indictment to your arguement. He is better suited as a safety because he doesn't possess the makeup speed required to play CB. Ross starting at cb in 07 and 11= 2 super bowls. T2 has not had anything near those results.
Ross won the Jim Thorpe award which is awarded to the nation's top defensive back. So I doubt that T2 has superior football instincts. Ross makes plays and tries to jump routes, unlike T2 who can't jump a route because he is busy playing off coverage and giving up another first down.

appodictic
07-13-2012, 11:54 PM
T2 still has time to grow and get better. Webster was not great his first year. The problem is he is going to have to raise his play and come back from injury that can slow him down. I would have really liked to keep Ross not him, but that is just me. Ross did have some bad games, but then he was part of that lights out playoff defence.

Antwuan
07-14-2012, 06:35 AM
I disagree with the commenter in that video that claimed terrell thomas is a great athlete but has sloppy technique

i see it as the opposite. i dont think he locates the ball in the air quickly enough, adjusts/contorts his body good enough, and lacks a great vertical/speed. this, to me, are signs of lacking in athletic qualities.

Also, I cant believe I forgot about that james jones dropped touchdown that would've sealed the game for the packers. i remember being very pissed watching that. T2 did the same exact thing there as he did on the calvin johnson TD. trying to gamble underneath and getting the QB to think the WR is open right away. this type of technique from T2 showed up three times in this film and it worked once (he dropped a pick)

putting the negatives i took from this film aside, T2 had an above average season coverage-wise in 2010. U gotta love his competitiveness and ball skills. Real physical -- plays with a lot of heart. You need guys like that on your football team. Kinda interesting though. I remember some people saying last offseason T2 developed into our best corner because he showed more playmaking ability (ff, ints, etc) but nah -- Corey Webster gets targeted half as much as he does and was still the better giants corner in 2010 after what i saw in this vid

Thanks for the video

You're Welcome!