PDA

View Full Version : Any chance

Lambeau12
07-05-2012, 12:54 AM
We play in the playoffs next year? I just want a little revenge lol. After the drubbing you guys gave us it still is hard to get over. I think it will happen.

rEaS
07-05-2012, 01:12 AM
there's always a chance.. the only thing im sure of is that it would be quite a game!! would look forward to seeing it..

Lambeau12
07-05-2012, 01:20 AM
Well losing at home to the same team twice really stings alot.

miked1958
07-05-2012, 02:26 AM
first the Giants have to make the playoffs. they have THE Hardest Schedule in the NFL this season. And it is well known that a Defending Champ has a hard enough time making it back to playoffs with an average schedule. </P>

miked1958
07-05-2012, 02:28 AM
We play in the playoffs next year? I just want a little revenge lol. After the drubbing you guys gave us it still is hard to get over. I think it will happen.Also the chances of repeating and winning back to back is RARE. I mean if any team looked like it was going to repeat it was the 2011 GB Packers. You guys know first hand how had it is to do it.

Captain Chaos
07-05-2012, 06:23 AM
We play in the playoffs next year? I just want a little revenge lol. After the drubbing you guys gave us it still is hard to get over. I think it will happen.

One can only hope, It will be a Heck-of-a-game!

Of course listening to everyone you won't have a chance as the Eagles win the Division and the Cowboys take the Wildcard. Giants will finish a dismal 3rd; because they didn't do anything in the off season.

Jet-Blue
07-05-2012, 06:56 AM
first the Giants have to make the playoffs. they have THE Hardest Schedule in the NFL this season. And it is well known that a Defending Champ has a hard enough time making it back to playoffs with an average schedule. </P>

Agreed, then even if both make the play-offs, then you need to seed right to get a shot at each other, which is even harder.

SweetZombieJesus
07-05-2012, 07:14 AM
We play in the playoffs next year? I just want a little revenge lol. After the drubbing you guys gave us it still is hard to get over. I think it will happen.Also the chances of repeating and winning back to back is RARE. I mean if any team looked like it was going to repeat it was the 2011 GB Packers. You guys know first hand how had it is to do it.

1987 - strike season destroyed our chances
1991 - Parcells left abruptly and team went 8-8
2008 - 12-4 but the team lost all momentum after Plax shot himself at the 11-1 point

GB won SB I & II (and the last NFL Championship which makes it 3 in a row). So at least older Packer fans know the feeling. The Giants have never gone back-to-back.

GCGiant
07-05-2012, 07:24 AM
If the Giants and Pack do meet in the playoffs, I hope it is in GB...

SweetZombieJesus
07-05-2012, 08:21 AM
If the Giants and Pack do meet in the playoffs, I hope it is in GB...

I think they've only had 4 playoff losses in Lambeau history and we're responsible for 2 of them.

MikeIsaGiant
07-05-2012, 09:12 AM

Why wouldn't there be a chance? Both teams look solid going into the season.

I wouldn't mind facing the Pack again to be honest. Both great teams with a good history so far.

One of my favorite teams to play now

miked1958
07-05-2012, 09:53 AM
We play in the playoffs next year? I just want a little revenge lol. After the drubbing you guys gave us it still is hard to get over. I think it will happen.Also the chances of repeating and winning back to back is RARE. I mean if any team looked like it was going to repeat it was the 2011 GB Packers. You guys know first hand how had it is to do it. 1987 - strike season destroyed our chances 1991 - Parcells left abruptly and team went 8-8 2008 - 12-4 but the team lost all momentum after Plax shot himself at the 11-1 point GB won SB I &amp; II (and the last NFL Championship which makes it 3 in a row). So at least older Packer fans know the feeling. The Giants have never gone back-to-back.prob out best shot was in 08. we seemed to be steamrolling along blowing out potential contenders. remember the much hyped game with the ravens that year when Ray Lewis talked all that smack and right out of the gate BJ runs right over him for a 40 yard gain enroute to a 30-10 blowout. or the hit on GB WR and ball bounces free and is picked off. Cards game. Then we all know what happend after plax losing 4-5 and not even showing up in playoff game. I think our D line wearing down and getting no pass rush also had alot to do with it.</P>

</P>

hopefully we can finally do it this season.</P>

Toadofsteel
07-05-2012, 10:13 AM
I know that there statistically isn't much chance of repeating, so I won't make any statements about that. However, I believe that we will definitely make the playoffs. TC has only truly failed to produce a playoff team twice during his 8-year tenure with the giants (the 2010 miss notwithstanding, since we had a 10-6 record that year). It might be a 10-6 or 11-5 record given our schedule, but I believe we make it in. Remember, the rest of our division also has to play the AFC North and NFC South (and two of those teams have to play the Saints in the Superdome too)...

SweetZombieJesus
07-05-2012, 10:22 AM
We play in the playoffs next year? I just want a little revenge lol. After the drubbing you guys gave us it still is hard to get over. I think it will happen.Also the chances of repeating and winning back to back is RARE. I mean if any team looked like it was going to repeat it was the 2011 GB Packers. You guys know first hand how had it is to do it. 1987 - strike season destroyed our chances 1991 - Parcells left abruptly and team went 8-8 2008 - 12-4 but the team lost all momentum after Plax shot himself at the 11-1 point GB won SB I & II (and the last NFL Championship which makes it 3 in a row). So at least older Packer fans know the feeling. The Giants have never gone back-to-back.prob out best shot was in 08. we seemed to be steamrolling along blowing out potential contenders. remember the much hyped game with the ravens that year when Ray Lewis talked all that smack and right out of the gate BJ runs right over him for a 40 yard gain enroute to a 30-10 blowout. or the hit on GB WR and ball bounces free and is picked off. Cards game. Then we all know what happend after plax losing 4-5 and not even showing up in playoff game. I think our D line wearing down and getting no pass rush also had alot to do with it.</P>

*</P>

Oh yeah, I remember that! Ran for over 200 yards on the vaunted Ravens defense. When asked how it felt to be tackled by Ray Lewis, Brandon Jacobs said "I wouldn't know".

We also beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh in a slugfest (they would win the SB that year).

GMENAGAIN
07-05-2012, 10:38 AM
We play in the playoffs next year? I just want a little revenge lol. After the drubbing you guys gave us it still is hard to get over. I think it will happen.Also the chances of repeating and winning back to back is RARE. I mean if any team looked like it was going to repeat it was the 2011 GB Packers. You guys know first hand how had it is to do it. 1987 - strike season destroyed our chances 1991 - Parcells left abruptly and team went 8-8 2008 - 12-4 but the team lost all momentum after Plax shot himself at the 11-1 point GB won SB I &amp; II (and the last NFL Championship which makes it 3 in a row). So at least older Packer fans know the feeling. The Giants have never gone back-to-back.prob out best shot was in 08. we seemed to be steamrolling along blowing out potential contenders. remember the much hyped game with the ravens that year when Ray Lewis talked all that smack and right out of the gate BJ runs right over him for a 40 yard gain enroute to a 30-10 blowout. or the hit on GB WR and ball bounces free and is picked off. Cards game. Then we all know what happend after plax losing 4-5 and not even showing up in playoff game. I think our D line wearing down and getting no pass rush also had alot to do with it.</P>

</P>

Oh yeah, I remember that! Ran for over 200 yards on the vaunted Ravens defense. When asked how it felt to be tackled by Ray Lewis, Brandon Jacobs said "I wouldn't know". We also beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh in a slugfest (they would win the SB that year).</P>

I think that the win in Pittsburgh was one of the best regular season wins we've had in the last 5-6 years. Great game . . . . . </P>

Lambeau12
07-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Honestly I hope if we play you in the playoffs it is in NY. Im scared of you guys in our stadium to be honest. You have pushed us around in our backyard to the point where we dont want you to come lol.

fourth&forever
07-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Honestly I hope if we play you in the playoffs it is in NY. Im scared of you guys in our stadium to be honest. You have pushed us around in our backyard to the point where we dont want you to come lol.
That's funny. I don't want you guys at the swamp.
We seem to play better on the road.

Lambeau12
07-07-2012, 12:23 AM
We haven't beat you guys at lambeau in a long time. Wait actually we beat you 45-17 last season but you have won the last 3 out of 4 games in GB. I remember when we were unstoppable at home, I dont think we will see those days anytime soon not unless we dont play the Giants at home lol.

miked1958
07-07-2012, 12:37 AM
We haven't beat you guys at lambeau in a long time. Wait actually we beat you 45-17 last season but you have won the last 3 out of 4 games in GB. I remember when we were unstoppable at home, I dont think we will see those days anytime soon not unless we dont play the Giants at home lol.Yep that was a 45-17 shallacking at Lambeau but was in 2010 in a game which sprung you on your way to your SB run.

miked1958
07-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Last season you actually beat us in the swamp (ref aided) 38-35

miked1958
07-07-2012, 12:41 AM
We play in the playoffs next year? I just want a little revenge lol. After the drubbing you guys gave us it still is hard to get over. I think it will happen.Also the chances of repeating and winning back to back is RARE. I mean if any team looked like it was going to repeat it was the 2011 GB Packers. You guys know first hand how had it is to do it. 1987 - strike season destroyed our chances 1991 - Parcells left abruptly and team went 8-8 2008 - 12-4 but the team lost all momentum after Plax shot himself at the 11-1 point GB won SB I & II (and the last NFL Championship which makes it 3 in a row). So at least older Packer fans know the feeling. The Giants have never gone back-to-back.prob out best shot was in 08. we seemed to be steamrolling along blowing out potential contenders. remember the much hyped game with the ravens that year when Ray Lewis talked all that smack and right out of the gate BJ runs right over him for a 40 yard gain enroute to a 30-10 blowout. or the hit on GB WR and ball bounces free and is picked off. Cards game. Then we all know what happend after plax losing 4-5 and not even showing up in playoff game. I think our D line wearing down and getting no pass rush also had alot to do with it.</P>

*</P>

Oh yeah, I remember that! Ran for over 200 yards on the vaunted Ravens defense. When asked how it felt to be tackled by Ray Lewis, Brandon Jacobs said "I wouldn't know".

We also beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh in a slugfest (they would win the SB that year).Yep that team was special. Should of won it all. Besides GB and ravens they actually beat both teams that played in the SB that season. Cards and Steelers

Neverend
07-07-2012, 12:43 AM
i remember that 45-17 drubbing well

If only corey webster wasnt playing off-man technique on jennings, who absolutely destroyed c-web that day

if only the giants did not make their defense so easy to read pre-snap so rodgers wouldn't check off to those easy slants

i wish someone besides tuck could get pressure in that game

i wish one of the receivers were on the same page with eli that week

i wish steve smith was healthy

what if... 2010 was a great year for the giants aside from the turnovers. dont think that team gets enough credit for the things they accomplished. tremendous all-around statistics