PDA

View Full Version : Official Brooklyn Nets Thread

MikeIsaGiant
07-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Not sure how many of you are Knicks fans, but I've never really been interested in basketball honestly.

But now that the Nets are in my hometown, I actually want to watch basketball.

Decided to start a thread to see how many Nets fans there are, and if we can get it started

Giants Of New Jersey
07-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Im from Jersey, but I will still be a fan of the Nets!

Jiffy Jeff
07-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Im from Jersey, but I will still be a fan of the Nets!

Same here........i've been a fan through thick and thin (mostly thin, yeah) since the 80's began. While I'm kind of bummed they're leaving Jersey, I can't imagine rooting for anybody other than the Nets.

sharick88
07-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Been a nets fan since 1990. I haven't been this excited about nets basketball in a long *** time. Absolutely love the moves this offseason. Just one more big one to go and if we get that guy (we know who he is), look out. Anyways, we're already better than the knicks as of right now. I can care less about whose town it is or whatever. They can have that since that is all that they have.

DownWitJPP
07-05-2012, 02:44 PM
I am also a Nets fans, even tho the team has sucked for the last couple of years. I am pretty excited about the upcoming season..we resigned Deron Williams, could possibly get Joe Johnson or Dwight Howard.

In the draft we just got Tyshawn Taylor from Kansas and second year player Marshon Brooks looks promising.

titwio
07-05-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm a Knicks fan and if the Nets somehow won a championship before them.....things could get REAL interesting around NYC.

Just feels weird having two basketball teams in New York.

MikeIsaGiant
07-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Well nice to know we have some guys interested in the Nets, now we can keep this thread going perhaps.

Anyone want Dwight ??

sharick88
07-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Well nice to know we have some guys interested in the Nets, now we can keep this thread going perhaps.

Anyone want Dwight ??

I think that all nets fans want Howard. If we get him, you can reserve a spot for us in the eastern conference finals.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Next year's Conference finals will be

East: BKN vs Mia

West: LAC/LAL vs OKC

Finals: Mia vs OKC

Champs: Mia

No need to even watch basketball next year because thats what will happen

THE_New_York_Giants
07-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Why would the Clippers trade Jordan and Griffin for Howard? The Magic absolutely rob the Clippers in that deal. Howard is great... but Griffin and him are even and Griffin is younger and has a higher offensive ceiling. That's like trading Boley and JPP for Jared Allen.

Giants Of New Jersey
07-05-2012, 05:22 PM
I think if the trade goes through for Reggie Evans, it could prove to be a huge difference. He is just one of those tough players that make that extra difference in the late playoffs with his gritty, tough defense and rebounding. I am most excited to see this Mirza Teletovic guy. If we get Dwight Howard, I assume we lose MarShon Brooks. With Deron, JJ, Gerald Wallace (unless he is somehow involved in a trade), Mirza, and Dwight...we could be scary good. Key role players would be Tyshawn Taylor, Gerald Green (possibly), and the tough Reggie Evans. I think they all compliment each other well.

Deron- pick and roll, unselfish, can shoot
JJ - spreads the floor
Mirza - spreads the floor, adds size
Dwight Howard - enough said
Gerald Wallace - slashing the lanes

THE_New_York_Giants
07-05-2012, 05:25 PM
I think if the trade goes through for Reggie Evans, it could prove to be a huge difference. He is just one of those tough players that make that extra difference in the late playoffs with his gritty, tough defense and rebounding. I am most excited to see this Mirza Teletovic guy. If we get Dwight Howard, I assume we lose MarShon Brooks. With Deron, JJ, Gerald Wallace (unless he is somehow involved in a trade), Mirza, and Dwight...we could be scary good. Key role players would be Tyshawn Taylor, Gerald Green (possibly), and the tough Reggie Evans. I think they all compliment each other well.

JJ - spreads the floor

IMO that would be the best team in the league

THE_New_York_Giants
07-05-2012, 05:25 PM

JJ - spreads the floor

greenca190
07-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Why would the Clippers trade Jordan and Griffin for Howard?* The Magic absolutely rob the Clippers in that deal.* Howard is great... but Griffin and him are even and Griffin is younger and has a higher offensive ceiling.* That's like trading Boley and JPP for Jared Allen.*

Griffin and Howard are even?

Griffin is up there as one of the most one dimensional players in the league.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Why would the Clippers trade Jordan and Griffin for Howard? The Magic absolutely rob the Clippers in that deal. Howard is great... but Griffin and him are even and Griffin is younger and has a higher offensive ceiling. That's like trading Boley and JPP for Jared Allen.

Their stats are pretty even.

greenca190
07-05-2012, 05:33 PM

JJ - spreads the floor

I don't see how this will work for the Nets. Unlike the Heat, they will be trading for Dwight and Joe Johnson's contracts. Acquiring their contracts, along with Deron Williams already - just those three, puts them at 20 million over the cap.

How do you build a team around that?

greenca190
07-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Why would the Clippers trade Jordan and Griffin for Howard?* The Magic absolutely rob the Clippers in that deal.* Howard is great... but Griffin and him are even and Griffin is younger and has a higher offensive ceiling.* That's like trading Boley and JPP for Jared Allen.*

Maybe points per game. Like I said. Blake Griffin is a one dimensional player and is nowhere near being a DPOY candidate on an annual basis.

Dwight still averaged four more rebounds per game last year and 2 more blocks per game. And those are just stats. You put Dwight and Griffin on the floor against one another; Griffin doesn't get the 5 dunks per night that he normally gets (his only way of scoring). Griffin doesn't get to the rim.

You are very, very wrong.

sharick88
07-05-2012, 05:54 PM

JJ - spreads the floor

I don't see how this will work for the Nets. Unlike the Heat, they will be trading for Dwight and Joe Johnson's contracts. Acquiring their contracts, along with Deron Williams already - just those three, puts them at 20 million over the cap.

Easily. Pay them their money and get some role players in here that want to win. It worked in Miami and will work in Brooklyn. Either way, they are already a better team than the knicks, with or without Howard.

greenca190
07-05-2012, 06:42 PM

JJ - spreads the floor

Easily. Pay them their money and get some role players in here that want to win. It worked in Miami and will work in Brooklyn. Either way, they are already a better team than the knicks, with or without Howard.

Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all took lesser money. They average around 16 million a year. Joe Johnson is at 22 million. Deron williams is averaging 20 million. It's a lot tougher to find an entire bench of role players at the league minimum of 500k than you're making it out to be.

They fudged up.

EliTE
07-05-2012, 06:47 PM

blake doesn't play defense, howard is one of the best defenders in the league. blake doesn't rebound, howard is one of the top re-bounders in the league.

they are not even at all.

EliTE
07-05-2012, 06:47 PM

JJ - spreads the floor

Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all took lesser money. They average around 16 million a year. Joe Johnson is at 22 million. Deron williams is averaging 20 million. It's a lot tougher to find an entire bench of role players at the league minimum of 500k than you're making it out to be.

They fudged up.not to mention deron and joe johnson are not anywhere near the level of bron bron and wade...

EliTE
07-05-2012, 06:48 PM

JJ - spreads the floor

Easily. Pay them their money and get some role players in here that want to win. It worked in Miami and will work in Brooklyn. Either way, they are already a better team than the knicks, with or without Howard.whoa there. slow down a bit... they're better than the knicks because they added joe johnson? lol

greenca190
07-05-2012, 06:51 PM

JJ - spreads the floor

Easily. Pay them their money and get some role players in here that want to win. It worked in Miami and will work in Brooklyn. Either way, they are already a better team than the knicks, with or without Howard.whoa there. slow down a bit... they're better than the knicks because they added joe johnson? lol

Not to mention that they only have four or five active players on their roster right now...

I'm not a fan of either team. But the Nets are not in as good of shape as you all think they are right now. Pair that with the fact that besides being in a new city, they still have the same old front office...

THE_New_York_Giants
07-05-2012, 08:09 PM
If I were the Nets, I'd forget Howard and bring in both Brand and Jamison.

Williams
Johnson/Brooks
Wallace/Jamison
Brand/Humphries/Evans
Lopez

Pretty solid starting group with a little bit of depth.

greenca190
07-05-2012, 08:21 PM
If I were the Nets, I'd forget Howard and bring in both Brand and Jamison.

Williams
Johnson/Brooks
Wallace/Jamison
Brand/Humphries/Evans
Lopez

Pretty solid starting group with a little bit of depth.

They don't have the money to resign Humphries, or to get Brand. And the only players that they can give away in a sign and trade are Lopez and Brooks.

I can't believe they have yet to round out their roster with role players. They're still capable of picking someone up at the mid-level exception of 5.76 m a year, but the free agents deserving of that seem to be gone already. Popular thought is that Andrei Kirilenko will come back from overseas and play for the Nets.

Edit: Didn't know Jamison was a free agent. I guess they could probably get him at the mini level exception of 3 million a year. I'd try and find something else though.

sharick88
07-05-2012, 08:40 PM

JJ - spreads the floor

Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans as well. The knicks have nothing at point or shooting guard that scares you. The nets have two all stars there. The knicks pretty much have the same team coming back and the nets have gotten significantly better. You'll see soon enough what the deal is

greenca190
07-05-2012, 08:47 PM

JJ - spreads the floor

Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans as well. The knicks have nothing at point or shooting guard that scares you. The nets have two all stars there. The knicks pretty much have the same team coming back and the nets have gotten significantly better. You'll see soon enough what the deal is

I think they'll both be battling for the 7th and 6th seeds in the east this year...

BIGBLUE1994
07-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Been a fan my whole life...LETS GO NETS!

gumby742
07-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Haven't been much of a basketball fan since I jumped on Michael Jordan Bulls bandwagon. I pulled for the Nets when they were good. And i got into the Knicks because of Jeremy Lin. But after finding out how dysfunctional the Knicks organisation is, I'll be pulling for the Nets.

EliTE
07-05-2012, 11:17 PM
the nets have gotten significantly better, but remember where they were last year. so significantly better for them is making the playoffs. if they can somehow get howard, then they become a real threat. but the way teams love to help the lakers, i wouldn't be surprised if they somehow get howard for arest and a bag of chips.

Giants Of New Jersey
07-06-2012, 12:08 AM

JJ - spreads the floor

They fudged up.not to mention deron and joe johnson are not anywhere near the level of bron bron and wade...

actually deron is near the level of wade..not with flashy dunks..but as a basketball player..dwight howard would wreak havoc against miami...and the deals arent official until july 11th...so im sure they would restructure deals to make it happen...mirza teletovic isnt taking the full mid level exception which allows the nets to go over the cap...im sure they have it all figured out...in the playoffs they usually use a 7-8 man rotation anyway lol

Giants Of New Jersey
07-06-2012, 12:11 AM
and the nets would have the best big man in the league...top 3 pg in the league..top 5 SG in the league..and tough defensive players such as gerald wallace and reggie evans...not to mention, who knows what mirza teletovic will bring...the nets are better than the knicks assuming dwight comes..if not, that will have to be settled when they play..it would depend on how brook lopez turns out...

sharick88
07-09-2012, 08:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8144717/sources-brooklyn-nets-orlando-magic-need-fourth-team-possibly-complete-dwight-howard-trade

greenca190
07-10-2012, 01:11 PM
I think Deron Williams is the best point guard in the league. If they do actually get Howard, the team could win championships. But I don't necessarily believe Joe Johnson was the best step to take financially.

However, I'll admit I was wrong from previous posts. It looks entirely possible still for NBA teams to spend, spend, spend, and be competitive. I don't think the Cap means anything in basketball.

sharick88
07-10-2012, 02:54 PM
I think Deron Williams is the best point guard in the league. If they do actually get Howard, the team could win championships. But I don't necessarily believe Joe Johnson was the best step to take financially.

However, I'll admit I was wrong from previous posts. It looks entirely possible still for NBA teams to spend, spend, spend, and be competitive. I don't think the Cap means anything in basketball.

I don't think it does either. The other owners aren't going to trip too much because they will be getting some of that luxury tax money anyways. Money makes the world go round. The Russian has billions of dollars. What is a few million going to mean to him. Not a damn thing. If the nets take off as expected, the world wide money the nets will bring in makes the luxury tax look like chump change.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-11-2012, 09:24 PM
I think the Nets should resign Humphries and then go after Robin Lopez.. I think he might play well with his brother like he did at Stanford.

sharick88
07-12-2012, 08:05 PM
I think the Nets should resign Humphries and then go after Robin Lopez..* I think he might play well with his brother like he did at Stanford.*

Why not? Lets make it happen. Despite not getting Howard, I still give the nets an a this offseason. I am happy that we get to keep marshon Brooks, a player with a bright future

greenca190
07-12-2012, 08:14 PM
I think the Nets should resign Humphries and then go after Robin Lopez..* I think he might play well with his brother like he did at Stanford.*

God. People use to rip on Eli for being Peytons brother. Brooks makes 60 million now and Robin makes 3 million.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-13-2012, 02:46 PM
If the Nets get Scola, label them NBA champions.

sharick88
07-15-2012, 01:57 AM
CJ Watson is in the building. Welcome to the Nets

giantyankee1976
07-15-2012, 08:29 AM

i saw that kid play for the Bulls. he's no D-Rose but as a PG he's serviceable. Don't get too overjoyed though. He signed his papers when during the Playoffs he begins to drive the lane for a sure lay-up, or at minimum to draw a foul against the Sixers.

Instead of doing the above he decides to dish the rock of to Asik who fails to score the bucket resulting in a mini-4-0 run by the Sixers and eventually defeat as the Bulls couldn't "luck" or seal the deal.

He's average at best is all I'm saying.

Oh and GO KNICKS !!!

(LOL- love y'all but this whole thing smells like a Yankees/Giants/ Rangers vs Mets/Jets/ Isles thing)

THE_New_York_Giants
07-15-2012, 02:33 PM

i saw that kid play for the Bulls. he's no D-Rose but as a PG he's serviceable. Don't get too overjoyed though. He signed his papers when during the Playoffs he begins to drive the lane for a sure lay-up, or at minimum to draw a foul against the Sixers.

Instead of doing the above he decides to dish the rock of to Asik who fails to score the bucket resulting in a mini-4-0 run by the Sixers and eventually defeat as the Bulls couldn't "luck" or seal the deal.

Oh and GO KNICKS !!!

(LOL- love y'all but this whole thing smells like a Yankees/Giants/ Rangers vs Mets/Jets/ Isles thing)

More like New York baseball Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers... and nobody likes the Isles anymore.

giantyankee1976
07-15-2012, 06:22 PM
More like New York baseball Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers... and nobody likes the Isles anymore.

ha, I'll give you that.

sharick88
07-15-2012, 08:43 PM

i saw that kid play for the Bulls.* he's no D-Rose but as a PG he's serviceable. Don't get too overjoyed though. He signed his papers when during the Playoffs he begins to drive the lane for a sure lay-up, or at minimum to draw a foul against the Sixers.

Oh and GO KNICKS !!!

Well I will take average coming off the bench. He is not coming here to start. He is a solid back up PG and Taylor has been tearing it up in the summer league. The nets now have great depth in the backcourt

greenca190
07-16-2012, 04:44 AM

i saw that kid play for the Bulls.* he's no D-Rose but as a PG he's serviceable. Don't get too overjoyed though. He signed his papers when during the Playoffs he begins to drive the lane for a sure lay-up, or at minimum to draw a foul against the Sixers.

Oh and GO KNICKS !!!

Well I will take average coming off the bench. He is not coming here to start. He is a solid back up PG and Taylor has been tearing it up in the summer league. The nets now have great depth in the backcourt

You have to watch Workaholics, right?

sharick88
07-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Kris Humphries re-ups for two more years and Nazi Mohammed could be signed by the end of the week. Nets all day long

G-Man67
07-17-2012, 05:36 PM
they going to get Howard ... players run the league ... he is sticking to his guns, he wants to be in Brooklyn

just need a pretty convulated deal, but it will happen

Nets mortaging future a bit, but can you imagine the splash of an actual big 3 in NY, but not in MSG ... who woulda thunk it ... Knicks vs. Nets would have mega-juice to it ... great for city

sharick88
07-17-2012, 05:54 PM
they going to get Howard ... players run the league ... he is sticking to his guns, he wants to be in Brooklyn

just need a pretty convulated deal, but it will happen

Nets mortaging future a bit, but can you imagine the splash of an actual big 3 in NY, but not in MSG ... who woulda thunk it ... Knicks vs. Nets would have mega-juice to it ... great for city

I hope we get Howard too, but it is not going to happen this summer. Possibly at the trade deadline, but I doubt it will happen this upcoming season. Maybe after next season when he is actually an unrestricted free agent

giantyankee1976
07-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Howard's heading West. The Lake Show and Magic are really trying to work this trade.

EliTE
07-18-2012, 12:08 AM
why do all gms always help out the lakers? first nash and now this... unbelievable.

sharick88
07-18-2012, 01:29 AM
Howard's heading West. The Lake Show and Magic are really trying to work this trade.

That **** is not going to happen. Kobe Bryant already threw him under the bus and he wants no part of the big man pressure in that town.

sharick88
07-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Looks like AK 47 might also be on the way to Brooklyn.

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Opener against the Knicks.

Couldn't have asked for a better opener in New York

giantyankee1976
07-25-2012, 07:03 PM
is it in BK or Manhattan ?

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-25-2012, 07:06 PM
is it in BK or Manhattan ?

The Brooklyn Nets will open up their inaugural campaign at the Barclays Center against the Knicks on Nov. 1 in a nationally televised game at 7 p.m., a source confirmed.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/brooklyn-nets-open-season-ny-knicks-barclays-center-article-1.1121684

sharick88
07-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Opener against the Knicks.

Couldn't have asked for a better opener in New York

That is the best case scenario for an opener for both teams. Looking forward to giving the knicks their first of 4 losses against the nets

giantyankee1976
07-25-2012, 07:19 PM
that's cool. Road Whites vs BK's Black ?
Hopefully nationally televised.

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-25-2012, 07:28 PM
It's pretty awesome actually. That'll give the Barclay Center a huge turn-out. Do not take the trains on that date! lol

SportsFan13
07-28-2012, 11:18 PM
It's pretty awesome actually. That'll give the Barclay Center a huge turn-out. Do not take the trains on that date! lol
Everyone may have too because of no parking lol but been a nets fan forever and can't wait or Brooklyn.