PDA

View Full Version : new tradition with a packers fan - question on tickets

jdl
07-06-2012, 10:33 AM
sadly my sister passed away recently. Her husband is a great guy and is a die hard packers fan. Looking at old pictures when he was20 and just started to date her, he was 1/2 age, and 1/2 weight, as his current statsbut still had a packers shirt on.</P>

we have decided to meet each year to see a game together, depending on the schedule. This year the packers will be in NY 11/25 so he'll be visiting me for thanksgiving and then the game.</P>

hopefully we dont get raped trying to buy tickets. The past few years i've used NFL exchange to get tickets. Is that the best option or places like stub hub?</P>

</P>

</P>

GMENAGAIN
07-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Sorry for your loss.</P>

I prefer stubhub, but Packers/Giants tickets will cost you no matter where you get them from . . . .</P>

Die-Hard
07-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah, thats gonna be a tough one to get reasonable tickets for. Stubhub, Ebay...all of them are going to be tough to come by. Just keep looking for the best deal and take what you can get.

Sincere condolences for your recent loss.

greenca190
07-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Best deal is usually right outside the stadium on game day.

MikeIsaGiant
07-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Condolences man

Jet-Blue
07-06-2012, 02:14 PM
I have season tickets, but have used both NFL Ticket Exchange and Stub Hub when I needed extras. I haven't had any issues with either one.

Lambeau12
07-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Sorry for your loss man.

nycisgreat
07-07-2012, 10:55 AM
sadly my sister passed away recently.** Her husband is a great guy and is a die hard packers fan.** Looking at old pictures when he was*20 and just started to date her, he was 1/2 age, and 1/2 weight, as his current stats*but still had a packers shirt on.</P>

we have decided to meet each year to see a game together, depending on the schedule.*** This year the packers will be in NY 11/25 so he'll be visiting me for thanksgiving and then the game.</P>

hopefully we dont get raped trying to buy tickets.** The past few years i've used NFL exchange to get tickets.** Is that the best option or places like stub hub?</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Sorry for your lost. I do find that stub hub usually have reasonable prices. I usually get tickets at the last minute, and usually pay face value or a shade under.

miked1958
07-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Condolences manDitto

jomo
07-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Condolences friend. I lost my sister a year ago and understand what you are going through.</P>

On the NFL Ticket exchange, I have tried to sell my tickets once or twice but they don't allow me to drop the prices below my face amount to al level where I can find buyers. Maybe it is because I have Club Level seats and the Giants are trying to keep the world from knowing how little demand there is. I suspect that at Stub Hub they allow you to sell them for any price which tells me that you can probably find a better deal on Stub Hub.</P>

That said, you will always find the best price outside the stadium just before game time but you will have to deal with all the uncertainty that goes with that.</P>

Hang in there.</P>

bigblue5611
07-08-2012, 12:16 PM
sorry for your loss....i dont have much to add to the other posts on here but i'd offer the comment that prices may be a bit lower as its a holiday weekend game, and maybe more tix will be up for sale, but will still be on the pricey side...

Roosevelt
07-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Condolences man.

NYgiants141
07-08-2012, 09:26 PM
My condolences. Prayers go out to you and your family.

If you're going to the Packers Giants, I would say tickets will be about 150 each. In fact, when I went to the Falcons Giants game last year, they were about 125 off of ticketmaster, so i would say 150 off of stubhub is understandable.

If you're going to go to a game, you might as well pick one worth going to because a game against the Cleveland Browns will cost 110-120. I'd say the 150 is worth it and you should go for it.

I would wait a little. As the date approaches, more tickets are put on stubhub and the ones that are up there will decrease. It gets cheapest a day or two before the game but i don't know if you would want to take that risk. Like someone said, it's cheapest when people are trying to get rid of them so a couple of hours before the game on stubhub OR in person at the stadium will be your best bet.

jdl
07-10-2012, 03:39 PM
thanks for all replies. will wait until season is underway and check stubhub and exchange for best deals. Not sure i want to risk trying outside the stadium since i am not local.

bupp15
07-31-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

If your intrested I have 2 tickets to the game that are going for over 800 on stub hub and I'm selling them for 650. Let me know.
bupsterbupster@aol.com

jdl
08-28-2012, 10:13 AM
had to get 3 tickets for that game, picked up some 110 row 9 seats on stubhub. They were hard tickets so have to wait to get them :(

NYGNash
08-28-2012, 10:46 AM
Sorry for your loss.

This will be my first ever football game (besides that over here in the UK but you would call that Soccer!) and I have picked my tickets up on ebay for what I would assume is reasonable for this game! I used stubhub as a benchmark and hoped for lower on ebay!

This site was pretty cool in showing you the view from the seats your buying:

http://www.selectaticket.com/1866470/New-York-Giants-vs-Green-Bay-Packers

See you at the game :-)

Lewis

GameTime
08-28-2012, 10:48 AM
jdl....sympathies and good thoughts for you and your family........

jdl
08-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Sorry for your loss.

This will be my first ever football game (besides that over here in the UK but you would call that Soccer!) and I have picked my tickets up on ebay for what I would assume is reasonable for this game! I used stubhub as a benchmark and hoped for lower on ebay!

This site was pretty cool in showing you the view from the seats your buying:

http://www.selectaticket.com/1866470/New-York-Giants-vs-Green-Bay-Packers

See you at the game :-)

Lewis

thanks for that link. I used http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/new_york_giants/
cant believe the pricing difference from some rows. I mean $300/ticket difference from row 8 to row 9...ouch

NYGNash
08-28-2012, 11:47 AM
I paid $220 for section 146 row 27 with parking pass on ebay...... I think thats OKish!

jdl
08-28-2012, 12:44 PM
I paid $220 for section 146 row 27 with parking pass on ebay...... I think thats OKish!

i paid $448 for 110 row 9. OUCH. Will be taking mass transit to the game.