PDA

View Full Version : Schlereth:Giants around 9-7 or 8-8

jppmvp90
07-06-2012, 01:31 PM
out of playoffs. Discuss...

BK07071
07-06-2012, 02:21 PM

Let me get this straight...........you think that the Giants will not be in the playoffs????

Cool Papa B.
07-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Granted, we have the toughest schedule again this year. But 8-8, 9-7?...

I love being the underdog. I think we go 11-5 this year.

BlueBlitzer
07-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Sing to the tune of Peter Paul Almond Joy ;

Sometimes He talks like a Nut

Sometimes He Don't

This time He's Smokin' Weed

Trey Wingo won't

Roosevelt
07-06-2012, 02:56 PM

Only a moron would be making football predictions in the beginning of July.

buddy33
07-06-2012, 03:15 PM
I try not to get to caught up in these predictions, but I think these predictions are a lack of respect for the Giants and their level of talent.

I get that they where only 9-7 last year and just made the playoffs, but Green Bay had a similar situation the year before and I don't recall so many experts in the media dismissing them so easily before last season. As far as schedules, the entire NFC East has a tough schedule. I'm not sure of all the schedules, but I do know the Giants play Green Bay. Other than that the schedules are kind of even. So schedules being fairly similar the only reason I can think why they have the Eagles and Dallas ahead of the Giants is because they seem to think they are so far ahead in the talent department. That and the fact it is so hard to repeat.

MikeIsaGiant
07-06-2012, 03:21 PM
0-0

We're going to die on December 21st, because the Mayans said so

DemandedAce
07-06-2012, 03:22 PM
You play teams in the same position divisionally in your conference. So we play Green Bay, San Fran, and New Orleans and they only share New Orleans (NFC South is our division this year)

buddy33
07-06-2012, 03:29 PM
They also all play the AFC North.

So they all play the same 8 teams in two divisions, the AFC North and the NFC South. Then they play 6 divisional games. That's 14 games. What does make the Giants schedule so much harder is the Green Bay and 49ers games.

sharick88
07-06-2012, 03:30 PM
These predictions have no substance. Most disrespected SB champion since the patriots team that beat the rams. Anyways, take them with a grain of salt. Being the long time giants fans that we are, we know that Dallas and the Eagles will battle for the division title as per BSPN. It's a broken record that has been played every season since the beginning of time

BlueBlitzer
07-06-2012, 03:40 PM
They don't call Him Stink for nothing.

Buto
07-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Who gives a hoot?
Injuries, schedule and many other factors will determine where the GMen end up.
Not some guy that's paid to speculate.

miked1958
07-06-2012, 04:01 PM
You realize this is the same guy that has Eli 5th behind his brother at 4. Brady at 3. Bree's at 2. And Rodgers at number 1 QB going into season. He had Benn in 6 spot

JesseJames
07-06-2012, 05:04 PM

absolutely agree, why the sports media continues to put their credibility on the line by making stupid predictions before teams even go to summer camp is crazy, predictions based on what, they haven't seen anything yet and still they think they know what nobody else does...

CactusJack
07-06-2012, 05:44 PM
I get that they where only 9-7 last year and just made the playoffs, but Green Bay had a similar situation the year before and I don't recall so many experts in the media dismissing them so easily before last season.

In fact, not only were most pundits predicting the Packers to make the playoffs in defense of their title, they were predicting them to repeat and begin a kind of dynastic string of success. It just shows how silly all of this prediction business is. It's July, though. They need something to talk about.

Firenugget
07-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Oh...wait, let me guess... He also has the Eagles going 12-4 and winning the SB? [:^)]

07-06-2012, 06:25 PM
These guys earn their living talking directly with players coaches managers.. have access to so much info and everything.. I don't get how they can consistently underestimate us?? My conclusion is that there is something emotional going on... It seems to be only the ex-players that dis us.. Maybe all the talk that they heard their whole careers....."Giants best organization ....Classiest....Premier franchise.. " Just my humble opinion

Yankees807
07-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Mark should worry about his son who can't throw strikes for the Tigers with an ERA over 10! lol

sharick88
07-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Mark should worry about his son who can't throw strikes for the Tigers with an ERA over 10! lol

LMAO. Beat me to it

VegasGmen
07-06-2012, 06:57 PM
0-0 We're going to die on December 21st, because the Mayans said so</P>

Oh crap that means only 14 reg season games left. I will not be a happy camper!</P>

NYSPORTS
07-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Oh...wait, let me guess... He also has the Eagles going 12-4 and winning the SB? [:^)]

Wouldn't shock me. Let me guess, Michael Vick for MVP. Maybe Cam Newtown is already better than John Elway with Rex Ryan will end coaching career with more wins than Belicheck.

Let's check those facts with John Clayton who likely has already awarded Jerry Jones the best GM in football history.

Can't wait fo Tom Jackson to laugh hysterically at absolutley nothing during a pregame.

G-Man67
07-06-2012, 08:22 PM
wow a former Redskin is wishing bad for us ... amazing !!!

RoanokeFan
07-06-2012, 08:24 PM

+1

NYG1984
07-06-2012, 08:46 PM
giants fans should be used to being told we wont go anywhere. it happens almost ever year...

all i know is TC is gonna use this as motivation and our boys are gonna feel disrespected.

its our time, its our championship on the line and come febuary im gonna be high fiving strangers in the canyon of heroes for the 3rd time in 5 years.

:dancing: i believe in my boys and i know the talent we have... LETS GO!!!

THE_New_York_Giants
07-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Don't really care to debate this right now. Making football predictions in july is like banging for your virginity. It doesnt make sense. We don't know what will happen between now and then... Who will get injured in the NFCE? Vick could break his neck the first game.. so could Romo... so could Eli. The team that wins is the team that is healthiest at the end.

Rat_bastich
07-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Well to be fair, the Giants were not exactly lighting it up last year. It wasn't until the Jets game that they started putting it together and started gaining momentum into the playoffs...that they barely made.

If they can build off how they ended last season then they should do much better than 9-7 or 8-8 but if they revert then who knows.

All in all it is just a prediction and he is not the only one to have given records like these. Schlereth, Wiley and Carter are actually three guys that I think are good on ESPN and I enjoy their perspective.

07-06-2012, 10:57 PM
[for the 3rd time in 5 years. ]

Don't you mean six years?

buddy33
07-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Right, they finished 9-7, but they still won the division. So yeah they just made it, but the other teams didn't. So how do they get so much love? They have hard schedules as well.

The media still thinks Vick and Romo are the better QB's and that their teams have better talent than the Giants. Especially after this draft. The media loves their picks and I have to say they did do good.

giantsfan420
07-06-2012, 11:54 PM
so much of what they're spewing doesnt add up imo.
like how philly is being crowned for winning their last 4 or something...didn't we win our last 6...all vs playoff caliber/the best the nfl has to offer?

we had just a good a draft as anyone, alot of the analysts i respect like cosell had us being one of 2 or 3 teams to get an A for their overall draft...

best qb in the division best wrs best dl best coach...just won the sb. just dominated 6 teams most of which were the leagues best...

but yeah, lets just count em out of it bc "we have a tough schedule"...we had the hardest schedule last year, didnt seem to matter...eh whatever, we never get the resepct we deserve its kinda a joke now at this point

GOBIGBLUE52
07-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Having the "hardest schedule" is a load of crap, the 49ers could go 7-9 this year for all we know. Teams change.

barran21
07-07-2012, 01:14 PM

His son stinks...