PDA

View Full Version : STRAHAN SLAMS TOOMER OVER SHOTS AT GIANTS' MANNING

RoanokeFan
07-07-2012, 12:44 PM
STRAHAN SLAMS TOOMER OVER SHOTS AT GIANTS' MANNING (http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/strahan_comes_to_eli_defense_yFss82OTLrCItm8FuNa8N P)

"Michael Strahan was the anchor of the Giants defense for the better part of
two decades and is now coming to the aid of former teammate Eli Manning.
<div style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">

One day after former Giants wide receiver Amani Toomer claimed that Cowboys
QB Tony Romo was a better quarterback that Eli Manning, Strahan took to the
airwaves to defend the two-time Super Bowl MVP.</p>

“You need to check [Toomer’s] house for bath salts,” Strahan said on the Hill
and Schlereth Show on ESPN Radio. “I haven’t heard anything, but that’s
surprising to hear. Somebody’s always better than the next.”</p>

Strahan, who was teammates with both Manning and Toomer during the Giants’
Super Bowl run in 2007, said he would rather let the players’ accomplishments
speak for themselves.</p>

“I just look at what people have done in their careers when it comes to the
numbers and the things they’ve done to excel and where they are right now,”
Strahan said. “I look at Eli and I think he’s the only two-time [Super Bowl]
winning quarterback in the league who gets less respect than anybody else.”</p>

Strahan, who was teammates with Manning from 2004-08, said that Eli’s critics
may overlook him due to the way he goes about playing his position.</p>

“I think maybe it’s his demeanor, maybe it’s just the way he goes about his
business,” Strahan said. “It’s not showy and it doesn’t look fancy and it’s not
extravagant looking but you know what, numbers don’t lie, people do.”</p>

The Giants all-time leader in sacks also credited Manning for believing in
himself and transforming into a franchise quarterback.</p>

“The talent level was always there, he could always make all of the throws he
just has such a high level of confidence right now,” Strahan said. “The Eli
Manning that the Giants have now is the quarterback that they hoped they
drafted, that they expected when they drafted. </p>

“His confidence is through the roof, totally different than when I was
there.”</p></div>

fourth&forever
07-07-2012, 01:15 PM
love the Stray-man

Rudyy
07-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Strahan >

ny06
07-07-2012, 02:27 PM
It was a matter of time before Strahan was going to say something to defend his former teammate (Eli) Good for him, he spoke what majority of us were thinking. Eli has to be the most disrespected two time Champion in Football, maybe even sports. We miss you #92</P>

http://blog.nj.com/giants_impact/2008/08/medium_michael-strahan-giants-giants.jpg</P>

Toadofsteel
07-07-2012, 03:26 PM
It was a matter of time before Strahan was going to say something to defend his former teammate (Eli) Good for him, he spoke what majority of us were thinking. Eli has to be the most disrespected two time Champion in Football, maybe even sports. We miss you #92</P>

We don't have to miss him. Strahan has the heart of a Giant. He didn't sell out like Amani did, he's blue to the core even as a broadcaster. I remember watching the pregame for the NFCCG. The crew of 5 from FOX (Strahan, howie long, terry bradshaw, etc) were having their own little contest over picking winners all season. Strahan was in the lead. They mentioned he could seal himself the victory by voting for the 49ers to win, which the guy in 2nd place did. Strahan pulled out a #92 jersey, picked the Giants to win, and went out on the field for the coin toss. The man bleeds blue. He is an example for all giants to follow.

GMENAGAIN
07-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Where did he "slam" Toomer????

TuckYou
07-07-2012, 04:54 PM
So, it isn't ok to slam Eli Manning for his contributions but it is ok to slam Tuck for his? I love Stray, but he is being a hypocrite

DEgiants89
07-07-2012, 05:36 PM
I think it is more of a case Strahan saw a case for him to solidify himself even more in the hearts of Giants fans by saying what they want to hear.

I always say friends aren't the ones that tell you want you want to hear, rather the ones that tell you want you need to hear.

bLuereverie
07-07-2012, 05:45 PM
So, it isn't ok to slam Eli Manning for his contributions but it is ok to slam Tuck for his? I love Stray, but he is being a hypocrite

That Tuck incident was overblown, as is this one.

buffyblue
07-07-2012, 05:58 PM

http://blog.nj.com/giants_impact/2008/08/medium_michael-strahan-giants-giants.jpg</P>

Heres to hoping that Eli Manning is the most overlooked QB in NFL with 3 SuperBowl Rings after this upcoming season.

buffyblue
07-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Good for Michael Strahan to defend Eli Manning.
That is what teammates are suppossed to do for one another. They stick up for each other.

I bELIeve.

rebelfan1966
07-07-2012, 09:51 PM
STRAHAN SLAMS TOOMER OVER SHOTS AT GIANTS' MANNING (http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/strahan_comes_to_eli_defense_yFss82OTLrCItm8FuNa8N P)

"Michael Strahan was the anchor of the Giants defense for the better part of two decades and is now coming to the aid of former teammate Eli Manning.
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">

One day after former Giants wide receiver Amani Toomer claimed that Cowboys QB Tony Romo was a better quarterback that Eli Manning, Strahan took to the airwaves to defend the two-time Super Bowl MVP.</P>

“You need to check [Toomer’s] house for bath salts,” Strahan said on the Hill and Schlereth Show on ESPN Radio. “I haven’t heard anything, but that’s surprising to hear. Somebody’s always better than the next.”</P>

Strahan, who was teammates with both Manning and Toomer during the Giants’ Super Bowl run in 2007, said he would rather let the players’ accomplishments speak for themselves.</P>

“I just look at what people have done in their careers when it comes to the numbers and the things they’ve done to excel and where they are right now,” Strahan said. “I look at Eli and I think he’s the only two-time [Super Bowl] winning quarterback in the league who gets less respect than anybody else.”</P>

Strahan, who was teammates with Manning from 2004-08, said that Eli’s critics may overlook him due to the way he goes about playing his position.</P>

“I think maybe it’s his demeanor, maybe it’s just the way he goes about his business,” Strahan said. “It’s not showy and it doesn’t look fancy and it’s not extravagant looking but you know what, numbers don’t lie, people do.”</P>

The Giants all-time leader in sacks also credited Manning for believing in himself and transforming into a franchise quarterback.</P>

“The talent level was always there, he could always make all of the throws he just has such a high level of confidence right now,” Strahan said. “The Eli Manning that the Giants have now is the quarterback that they hoped they drafted, that they expected when they drafted. </P>

“His confidence is through the roof, totally different than when I was there.”</P></DIV>

</P>

What Mike said...</P>

rebelfan1966
07-07-2012, 09:53 PM

We don't have to miss him. Strahan has the heart of a Giant. He didn't sell out like Amani did, he's blue to the core even as a broadcaster. I remember watching the pregame for the NFCCG. The crew of 5 from FOX (Strahan, howie long, terry bradshaw, etc) were having their own little contest over picking winners all season. Strahan was in the lead. They mentioned he could seal himself the victory by voting for the 49ers to win, which the guy in 2nd place did. Strahan pulled out a #92 jersey, picked the Giants to win, and went out on the field for the coin toss. The man bleeds blue. He is an example for all giants to follow.</P>

Gotta love that guy.... no doubt</P>

RoanokeFan
07-07-2012, 09:54 PM

It's media hype, not to be confused with reality.

Marvelousmik
07-07-2012, 10:44 PM

tuck clarified that stray was only doing it to get under his skin as motivation, and that him and stray are like brothers

FIFTY6G-MAN
07-07-2012, 11:05 PM

http://blog.nj.com/giants_impact/2008/08/medium_michael-strahan-giants-giants.jpg</P> Heres to hoping that Eli Manning is the most overlooked QB in NFL with 3 SuperBowl Rings after this upcoming season.^this, and just add the Giants team as a whole to this as we continue to fly under the radar and keep the rings coming in, By the time we are done the jets will have to have a "blackout" during there home games to cover all the Superbowl wins the Giants have racked up!

JJC7301
07-07-2012, 11:35 PM
The bath salts line is hilarious, but Toomer is entitled to his own opinion.

IMO Romo's a very good QB surrounded by overrated talent on a team with a heavy handed owner. I think that 80% of NFL players and knowledgable football fans would take Eli over Romo, but he does have excellent stats every year and he's not a schlub.

buffyblue
07-09-2012, 12:10 PM

Michael Strahan is not a hyppocrite. What he said about Justin Tuck was spot on and it was to motivate him. Justin Tuck has come a long way and developed into the defdnsive leader of our team. He needed a couple kicks in the butt from TC, Antrelle and Stray along the way to get him there.

bELIeve_in_Giants
07-09-2012, 12:28 PM
He didn't slam Toomer, he just disagreed with him and made a joke. He would be slamming Toomer if he said something negative about his play or character or something.

jimsgints
07-09-2012, 12:58 PM
I dig this thread. Stray is the coolest.

BigBlue1971
07-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Where did he "slam" Toomer????</P>

</P>

i think the "bath salts" comments was the slam! lol.</P>

</P>

MattMeyerBud
07-09-2012, 01:11 PM

"Michael Strahan was the anchor of the Giants defense for the better part of two decades and is now coming to the aid of former teammate Eli Manning.
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">

One day after former Giants wide receiver Amani Toomer claimed that Cowboys QB Tony Romo was a better quarterback that Eli Manning, Strahan took to the airwaves to defend the two-time Super Bowl MVP.</P>

“You need to check [Toomer’s] house for bath salts,” Strahan said on the Hill and Schlereth Show on ESPN Radio. “I haven’t heard anything, but that’s surprising to hear. Somebody’s always better than the next.”</P>

Strahan, who was teammates with both Manning and Toomer during the Giants’ Super Bowl run in 2007, said he would rather let the players’ accomplishments speak for themselves.</P>

“I just look at what people have done in their careers when it comes to the numbers and the things they’ve done to excel and where they are right now,” Strahan said. “I look at Eli and I think he’s the only two-time [Super Bowl] winning quarterback in the league who gets less respect than anybody else.”</P>

Strahan, who was teammates with Manning from 2004-08, said that Eli’s critics may overlook him due to the way he goes about playing his position.</P>

“I think maybe it’s his demeanor, maybe it’s just the way he goes about his business,” Strahan said. “It’s not showy and it doesn’t look fancy and it’s not extravagant looking but you know what, numbers don’t lie, people do.”</P>

The Giants all-time leader in sacks also credited Manning for believing in himself and transforming into a franchise quarterback.</P>

“The talent level was always there, he could always make all of the throws he just has such a high level of confidence right now,” Strahan said. “The Eli Manning that the Giants have now is the quarterback that they hoped they drafted, that they expected when they drafted. </P>

“His confidence is through the roof, totally different than when I was there.”</P></DIV>

he just disagrees with Toomer and went for a joke</P>

</P>

nothing vicious</P>

CDN_G-FAN
07-10-2012, 02:07 AM
The bath salts line is hilarious, but Toomer is entitled to his own opinion.

IMO Romo's a very good QB surrounded by overrated talent on a team with a heavy handed owner. I think that 80% of NFL players and knowledgable football fans would take Eli over Romo, but he does have excellent stats every year and he's not a schlub.

+1

Good post.

Romo would be alot better off in a different franchise.

JesseJames
07-11-2012, 12:09 PM
I wonder if the team will even let Toomer on the practice field or in the locker room anymore after these remarks...

Flip Empty
07-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Buzz words do well in drawing a potential reader's attention towards an article.

"Strahan disagrees with Toomer" just wouldn't look anywhere near as attractive.

Strahan: "His confidence is through the roof, totally different than when I was there.”

Interesting line, that one.

If I recall correctly; Strahan was initially unhappy when Eli was handed the keys to the Giants' offense, because he thought he'd never get his ring with a "baby quarterback".

How times change.

Romo would be alot better off in a different franchise.
Indeed. The guy is 32 and still suffers the struggles he always has. A better franchise would probably have been able to help him.