PDA

View Full Version : links to shockey and jacobs recent comments

rickeyb26
07-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Does anyone have a link to shockey and jacobs recent comments In defense of eli vs romo. Im always interested in what brandon says you can say alot about him but he always had his teammates back regardless of what was going on.
thanks

rickeyb26
07-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Anyone

giantsfan420
07-07-2012, 12:51 PM
jacobs has stated repeatedly that he believes eli is the best qb playing in the league right now...

shockey hasnt said a word about eli for some time iirc...

rickeyb26
07-07-2012, 01:02 PM
He said something about this it was in the article under news and notes section but it did not say what he said?

qroze
07-07-2012, 02:21 PM
"@InReeseWeTrust: I asked Jeremy Shockey this morning to weigh in on the Romo vs. Eli Manning debate after Amani Toomer picked Romo. Shockey only needed a one word reply to get his point across: "ELI"

miked1958
07-07-2012, 05:07 PM
"@InReeseWeTrust: I asked Jeremy Shockey this morning to weigh in on the Romo vs. Eli Manning debate after Amani Toomer picked Romo. Shockey only needed a one word reply to get his point across: "ELI"Really? Lol he didn't seem to like him to much while he was here, lol

qroze
07-07-2012, 05:24 PM
"@InReeseWeTrust: I asked Jeremy Shockey this morning to weigh in on the Romo vs. Eli Manning debate after Amani Toomer picked Romo. Shockey only needed a one word reply to get his point across: "ELI"Really? Lol he didn't seem to like him to much while he was here, lol

I think Shockey was just bitter at how things ended with him being a Giant. Doubt Eli said anything to him that would make him not like Eli

JJC7301
07-07-2012, 10:54 PM

I think Shockey was just bitter at how things ended with him being a Giant. Doubt Eli said anything to him that would make him not like Eli
I doubt that Shockey had anything against Eli, as well. He just always wanted the ball.

BlueSanta
07-08-2012, 01:10 AM
Gotta remember, Toomer bashed Shockey too, even worse than Eli. So, even if he agreed with Amani, I doubt he comes to Toomer's aid on this 1.

For all those saying G-men never get respect, I think they need to look at the general consensus of analysts on ESPN. They say Toomer is flat out wrong, even guys who liked Romo historically.

RagTime Blue
07-08-2012, 01:35 AM
"@InReeseWeTrust: I asked Jeremy Shockey this morning to weigh in on the Romo vs. Eli Manning debate after Amani Toomer picked Romo. Shockey only needed a one word reply to get his point across: "ELI"Really? Lol <font size="6">he didn't seem to like him to much while he was here</font>, lol

Even if he didn't like him, it's a football question, not a popularity contest.

Romo's a good player too, but as of right now, I don't think you can question who's been playing better football.

fizzlestick
07-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Gotta remember, Toomer bashed Shockey too, even worse than Eli.

He didn't bash Eli at all.

Harooni
07-08-2012, 06:45 AM

its not that shockey did not like Eli, he did not like the football thrown to the hotdog vender in row f when he was open. . he also did not like his decreased receiving role in TC's system.

Diamondring
07-08-2012, 07:37 AM

I doubt that Shockey had anything against Eli, as well. He just always wanted the ball.I think that things were over blown when it came to Shockey. I bet he just wanted the ball more that is all.

GCGiant
07-08-2012, 08:26 AM
its not that shockey did not like Eli, he did not like the football thrown to the hotdog vender in row f when he was open.

I bet if that hotdog vendor would've taken off toward the endzone, Shockey would've let him score!

GMENAGAIN
07-08-2012, 07:41 PM

its not that shockey did not like Eli, <FONT size=4>he did not like the football thrown to the hotdog vender in row f when he was open.</FONT> . he also did not like his decreased receiving role in TC's system.
</P>

Please identify even one time where something even remotely close to that happened.</P>

Shockey is the same as your other hero . . . . good player on the field, total ******bag off the field.</P>

Harooni
07-08-2012, 09:13 PM

its not that shockey did not like Eli, <font size="4">he did not like the football thrown to the hotdog vender in row f when he was open.</font> . he also did not like his decreased receiving role in TC's system.
</p>

Please identify even one time where something even remotely close to that happened.</p>

Shockey is the same as your other hero . . . . good player on the field, total ******bag off the field.</p>
im sorry did you miss the years when eli would often overthrow the receiver and they would throw their hands up like what the.

fourth&forever
07-08-2012, 09:27 PM

its not that shockey did not like Eli, <font size="4">he did not like the football thrown to the hotdog vender in row f when he was open.</font> . he also did not like his decreased receiving role in TC's system.
</p>

Please identify even one time where something even remotely close to that happened.</p>

Shockey is the same as your other hero . . . . good player on the field, total ******bag off the field.</p>
im sorry did you miss the years when eli would often overthrow the receiver and they would throw their hands up like what the.*

Whatever those high throws were, they are fixed now.

Harooni
07-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Whatever those high throws were, they are fixed now. agreed , but we can't just pretend there wasn't a time it was happening.

GOBIGBLUE52
07-08-2012, 10:36 PM

</p>

Did you even watch the Giants prior to 2007? Eli in 2004 and 2005 had some horrible, horrible throws. I'm a huge fan of the guy but even watching the 2004 Dallas game on Youtube, it's hard to believe he turned into the player he is now because he was so bad sometimes.

BlueSanta
07-09-2012, 12:20 AM

</p>

Did you even watch the Giants prior to 2007? Eli in 2004 and 2005 had some horrible, horrible throws. I'm a huge fan of the guy but even watching the 2004 Dallas game on Youtube, it's hard to believe he turned into the player he is now because he was so bad sometimes.

And what young QB doesnt struggle, especially when the entire team is trying to learn the new system put in by new coaches.

What about holding Shockey accountable for his numberous mistakes? The guy ran the wrong route ALL THE TIME. Did Eli ever call him out even though those Ints went on Eli's statsheet and not Shockey's? Drew Breeze sure did call him out in New Orleans and I cheered him for it. Eli's interceptions dropped when Shockey went down. Shockeys route running mistakes were confirmed by numberous other players, including but not limmited to Toomer. He did the same nonsense in New Orleans, which was his eventual downfall there too.

The fact is, as sad as it is to say, this team improved the moment Shockey was carted off the field in the 2007 season.

Furthermore, people seem to forget that Shockey was whining well before TC arrived here. Remember his whole ordeal with Fassel about Shockey "being sent in motion too much....?" Eli wasnt the QB then, but Shockey found something to whine to the media about. Shockey said Eli lacked leadership. Well then get off your sack and be a leader until Eli is ready take the reigns. That's what professionals do. Jerome Bettis did it for Big Ben in Pit in 2006. Shockey was never a professional and his career has been a monumental dissapointment. He was 1 of the most talented TE to come into the league in a long time. The only thing that overshadowed his talent, was his ability to disrupt lockerooms. Even now, in the decline of his career, he still does it. The guy cant help himself.

GMENAGAIN
07-09-2012, 07:07 AM

its not that shockey did not like Eli, <FONT size=4>he did not like the football thrown to the hotdog vender in row f when he was open.</FONT> . he also did not like his decreased receiving role in TC's system.
</P>

Please identify even one time where something even remotely close to that happened.</P>

Shockey is the same as your other hero . . . . good player on the field, total ******bag off the field.</P>

</P>

I've been watching the Giants since before you were an itch in your daddy's pants.</P>

I would bet that Eli's bad throws to Shockey (none of which hit any hot dog vendors) were far outnumbered by Shockey's poor routes, dropped balls, stupid personal fouls, and selfish antics. It's no coincidence that Eli got better when Shockey left the field . . . . .</P>

Shockey is one of the most overrated Giants ever.</P>

Moss#83
07-09-2012, 09:24 AM
KG made is clear that most of those overthrown passes to Shockey were because of him not running the proper routes. I'm paraphrasing here, but KG flat out said he's one of the worst route runners in the NFL.

Lots of talent, but 0 football IQ.