PDA

View Full Version : Giants v. Pats wk 17, 2007

gmen0820
07-07-2012, 01:26 PM
On NFLN now. God damn the crowd was so into it that game. Jacobs looks incredible and young.

Joe Morrison
07-07-2012, 01:28 PM
On NFLN now. God damn the crowd was so into it that game. Jacobs looks incredible and young.</P>

Mark it down, GMEN will miss Jabobs more than any other player that left.</P>

gmen0820
07-07-2012, 01:37 PM
I doubt it. Jacobs stood out because he looked so good in this 07 game, so much better then the sluggish play of years past.

jax5338
07-07-2012, 02:21 PM
I doubt it. Jacobs stood out because he looked so good in this 07 game, so much better then the sluggish play of years past.

very true. i guess his style of play really caught up to him physically the past few years, because the difference you noted is very noticeable. so much more burst thru the LOS back then and just an overall more powerful runner. never lost his fire though, and as frustrating a player he could be in my eyes, ill miss the energy he brought to the offense.

gmen0820
07-07-2012, 02:34 PM

very true. i guess his style of play really caught up to him physically the past few years, because the difference you noted is very noticeable. so much more burst thru the LOS back then and just an overall more powerful runner. never lost his fire though, and as frustrating a player he could be in my eyes, ill miss the energy he brought to the offense.
Not to mention how much more explosive he was off tackle, and east and west. After 2008, every Giant fan was wondering what Gilbride was thinking having such a big back and running him off tackle as opposed to north and south. But Jacobs, before he declined, was very effective going east and west.

I saw him cutting back, reversing field, and a burst he hadn't shown in a while, and he still finished runs with beating people into the ground, even tough safeties like Rodney Harrison.

I'm so glad we won the SB this year, because I'd really miss those Giants days if I were to watch that game now having missed the playoffs 3 years in a row.

Cool Papa B.
07-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Ugh...I wish Cablevision carries NFLN.

I remeber the game so well and the build up to the game. Should TC sit the starters, or not? I remember how fans and sportscasters killed him for playing the reg's. But it was the right move.

Captain Chaos
07-07-2012, 04:02 PM
On NFLN now. God damn the crowd was so into it that game. Jacobs looks incredible and young.</P>

Mark it down, GMEN will miss Jabobs more than any other player that left.</P>

I really don't think they are going to miss any of the players that left, I think they have aquired some pretty credible talent to take their place and I for one am excited!

miked1958
07-07-2012, 05:02 PM

Mark it down, GMEN will miss Jabobs more than any other player that left.</P>I think the guys we brought in to replace him and what was on roster to move up will be more then good enough.

miked1958
07-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Also Jacobs will inspire the SF Crowd with the occasional long carry running over defenders along the way. However he will also get stood up on short yardage and do his tio toe act. I also won't miss his stone hands out of backfield

buffyblue
07-07-2012, 05:06 PM
I think we will be fine and I think Brandon Jacobs will do very well with that great Oline in San Francisco.

It was awesome how he showed up and played great in playoffs and SuperBowl XLVI for us this year.

We will always miss Brandon Jacobs.

buffyblue
07-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Also Jacobs will inspire the SF Crowd with the occasional long carry running over defenders along the way. However he will also get stood up on short yardage and do his tio toe act. I also won't miss his stone hands out of backfield

I am going to miss him telling Rex “blimpo” Ryan off. lol..........

gmen0820
07-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Brandon Jacobs will do very well with that great Oline in San FranciscoHunter, and Gore are much better RBs than Jacobs. His struggle will be just to get carries, and lets not forget that Jacobs just turned 30 yesterday -- he's washed up.

I though LdT would be incredible behind the Jets OL, but he was nothing more than average. When you get old and washed up as a RB, I think OL flaws are heavily magnified.

Joe Morrison
07-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Brandon Jacobs will do very well with that great Oline in San FranciscoHunter, and Gore are much better RBs than Jacobs. His struggle will be just to get carries, and lets not forget that Jacobs just turned 30 yesterday -- he's washed up. I though LdT would be incredible behind the Jets OL, but he was nothing more than average. When you get old and washed up as a RB, I think OL flaws are heavily magnified.</P>

Jacobs was the differnce after Bradshaw wore down, with no offensive line to speak of, give him a hole and he will Landry D Backs again!</P>

</P>

gmen0820
07-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Brandon Jacobs will do very well with that great Oline in San FranciscoHunter, and Gore are much better RBs than Jacobs. His struggle will be just to get carries, and lets not forget that Jacobs just turned 30 yesterday -- he's washed up. I though LdT would be incredible behind the Jets OL, but he was nothing more than average. When you get old and washed up as a RB, I think OL flaws are heavily magnified.</P>

Jacobs was the differnce after Bradshaw wore down, with no offensive line to speak of, give him a hole and he will Landry D Backs again!</P>

*</P>Give any FB worth his socks a really nice hole and he will nail a DB. Jacobs just isn't as unique as he once was.

JJC7301
07-07-2012, 10:44 PM
On NFLN now. God damn the crowd was so into it that game. Jacobs looks incredible and young.
One of my favorite games of all time...even though it ended in a loss. The team was obviously amped for the game, too.

Jacobs was really a titan back then. He'll always be one of my favorite Giants.

dave56dj
07-08-2012, 02:55 AM
I was at the game and I remember walking into the stadium talking to my buddy (nicknamed the neck) and we were wondering if they would truly would put up a good fight. FIrst play on offense they go up top to Plax and neck turned to me and said ITS ON and everyone in the house that night knew it. We didn't win the battle but we certainly won the war. Same goes for Green-bay only 4 years later, of course that was a different circumstance in that we couldnt rest anyone even if we wanted to.

redbeardxxv
07-08-2012, 04:34 AM
That game made me believe we could win. I watched it at my favorite watering hole, where the bartender is a GIANTS fan- he's married to a Pats fan. As a friend of both, I sat next to her while the bartender did his job. During the game, We bantered back and forth about the game. Obviously the Pats won, but at the end of the game I told her "See you in the SB." I never doubted that we would end up in 42, or that we could beat the Pats. That game was played with a spirit of defiance I hadn't seen the GIANTS play with in 17 years. Of the Superbowls I've seen (all of them) 42 will always be my favorite. The confidence of GIANTS nation was a smack in the face to popular consensus, but we all knew. We doubted during the game, as all fans do, but we knew. It was the rest of the world that got shocked that night. Not GIANTS fans. We knew.

g_menfan80
07-08-2012, 11:23 PM
I had to talk my season ticket holder buddy into not selling his premium tix to pats fans offering 1500 a seat on stubhub. Best decision we ever made was attending that game. I will NEVER forget the energy in the old girl that night. IMO the greatest game ever in the old Giants Stadium because it spawned what might end up as a dynasty era. When I bought the dvd they had Kiwaka Mitchell miked and he looked up during a break and said to a teamate, "damn this place is amped tonight, let's do this". I feel like the crowd played a big role in energizing the team that night and into a great era in Giants history.