PDA

View Full Version : Enough about the "We get no respect, nobody likes us." stuff

GOBIGBLUE52
07-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Besides the Anti-toomer stuff on the board recently all I see is how we're getting no respect by self proclaimed experts.

Newsflash. We were a 9-7 team last year that had to win 3 of the last 4 games to even MAKE the playoffs. We really only made it because the division was so weak, record wise, normally the NFC East is much more competitive (we were 10-6 the year before and DIDN'T make the playoffs). Eli's even said the team has to be better this year.

I don't think the Eagles or Cowboys are better than us. But you can't deny the potential that they have as far as talent goes. We play in one of the 2 or 3 toughest divisions in football, next to the AFC North and possibly the NFC South (if the Panthers are good this year). This is not the AFC East where the Pats get 4 free wins against the Bills and Dolphins and then 2 slightly less easy wins against a mediocre Jets team that probably will be out of the playoffs this year. To illustrate HOW CLOSE IT IS, all the Eagles had to do last year, as hilariously disappointing as they were, was win one more game and we're sitting at home in January. And that was a team that finished 8-8. Even the damn Redskins, who have been the doormat of the division for years, SWEPT US last year. So they can't be counted on for 2 wins either.

And we DO have the toughest schedule this year in theory. Doesn't mean it will be the toughest in reality, but even having the toughest schedule last year we REALLY struggled through it. We beat the Pats and then lost to the Saints (embarrassingly), 49ers and Packers (although these were close). Now, we beat all of those teams except for NO in the playoffs, and that's great, but think about it for a second. If we pull that **** again this year, all we have to do is lose 1 other game (like the Seahawks from last year, or either redskin game) or so and we could be out altogether, and won't even have a chance to beat up those teams in the playoffs.

Furthermore, it is VERY difficult to repeat, especially in this day and age. It's only been done once in recent times with the Pats. 5 out of 12 teams from the playoffs last year won't make it this year, happens every year.

Do I think we'll be fine? Yeah. Do I think we'll make the playoffs? Yes. I think we'll win the division again and we'll be a tough fight for any team we play in the playoffs. We have a future HOFer head coach, one of the 5 best QBs in the league, two great weapons at WR in what is now a passing league, our pass rush is intact, and the secondary will be healthy. Even the Oline as bad as it was last year I think will be better.

But it's very easy to see this team going 8-8 and being out this year. When you take into account everything above, we have a much more difficult road ahead of us than teams like the Patriots, the Texans and Broncos who play in joke divisions, etc.

The only thing I find ridiculous is that the loss of Jacobs and Manningham are being touted as big deals.

Mercury
07-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Outsiders view the Giants as a 9-7 team that got lucky/hot at the right time.

Insiders know we won the division last year, despite all the injuries we had, and with one of the hardest schedules in the league. Plus, we got healthy at the right time.

Insiders know this team is going to win the division again this year. The media was wrong last year, and they will be wrong again this year.

And the Giants are at their best when they have something to prove. So, let the media proclaim Dallas and Philly champs in July. The Giants will prove them wrong again. We know who will be playing next January.

GOBIGBLUE52
07-07-2012, 07:19 PM

Insiders know we won the division last year, despite all the injuries we had, and with one of the hardest schedules in the league. Plus, we got healthy at the right time.

Insiders know this team is going to win the division again this year. The media was wrong last year, and they will be wrong again this year.

And the Giants are at their best when they have something to prove. So, let the media proclaim Dallas and Philly champs in July. The Giants will prove them wrong again. We know who will be playing next January.

How are the outsiders wrong though? We WERE a 9-7 team. You're going to tell me we weren't? We were a few bounces away from winning a game or two more but we were also a few bounces away from maybe not even making it (Cruz's 99 yard touchdown, Romo overthrowing Austin in Dallas) at all. And we did get hot at the right time, always want to be hot at the end of the season. Getting healthy was a part of it. But maybe getting healthy at the right time is luck by extent, because at the time when we needed guys more than ever to be healthy, they got healthy.

Going into 2009 and 2010 we didn't necessarily have high expectations before week 1 and we were out of the playoffs both years, so I don't buy this "best when nobody expects it" garbage. If that was the case we wouldn't have won the superbowl this year because very few people were picking new england.

Joe Morrison
07-07-2012, 08:37 PM
All that matters is who has the Hardware in their house, keep the coulda shoulda woulda, the GMEN have the proof!

miked1958
07-07-2012, 09:07 PM
All that matters is who has the Hardware in their house, keep the coulda shoulda woulda, the GMEN have the proof!That's what I'm talking about.. They can proclaim Dallas and Philly div winners in July all they want. I will take the Titles everytime.

The Pats and GB also can have their 18-0 and 15-1 seasons and I will take the 10-6 and 9-7 ones we posted those same years.. The end result is all that matters. And we have SB rings for both those yrs. all NE and GB have is a lot of meaningless records they broke along the way but didn't get the ultimate for a season and that's a Title

Morehead State
07-07-2012, 09:09 PM

How are the outsiders wrong though? We WERE a 9-7 team. You're going to tell me we weren't? We were a few bounces away from winning a game or two more but we were also a few bounces away from maybe not even making it (Cruz's 99 yard touchdown, Romo overthrowing Austin in Dallas) at all. And we did get hot at the right time, always want to be hot at the end of the season. Getting healthy was a part of it. But maybe getting healthy at the right time is luck by extent, because at the time when we needed guys more than ever to be healthy, they got healthy.

Going into 2009 and 2010 we didn't necessarily have high expectations before week 1 and we were out of the playoffs both years, so I don't buy this "best when nobody expects it" garbage. If that was the case we wouldn't have won the superbowl this year because very few people were picking new england.
</P>

I am completely with you on this. We are the champs and no one can take it away from us. We won the games we had to and beat some great teams doing it.</P>

But we had some horrible losses against some bad teams last year and made the playoffs because our division was weak. We benefitted from a terrible stretch from Philly where they played horribly. Everything played out perfectly for us. Much of it was out of our control.</P>

But we came together when we had to. Its a tough call. Generally, our regular season performance of 2011 keeps us out of the playoffs.</P>

In other words, we were very lucky, but then took advantage of that good luck.</P>

buddy33
07-07-2012, 10:19 PM
We all know how close they came to missing the playoffs. They did win the division though. So why all the love for 2 teams teams THAT didn't make the playoffs? I don't remember the media dismissing Green Bay last year and they too just made the playoffs the year the won the Super Bowl.

RoanokeFan
07-07-2012, 10:22 PM
<font color="#0000FF">Outsiders view the Giants as a 9-7 team that got lucky/hot at the right time.</font>

That's how everyone should see last season since that's exactly what happened. We beat the best the NFL had to offer in the playoffs where every team starts at 0-0.

FIFTY6G-MAN
07-07-2012, 11:42 PM
I absolutley LOVE the fact we get no respect from the media and the Talking Heads! This has been a proven recipe for our beloved Gmen to use as fuel for the season. They work harder and talk less, and that my fellow Gmenis the reason we are Giants fans.</P>

We face adversity everyday at whatever we do in our own livesand then sit down and watch our team fight through alot of the same crap we have to deal with only on a bigger level. When they win we feel on top of the world, when they lose we cry, (well atleast I do), all I know is this team has kept me going through many trials and tribulations of my own life.</P>

I want every Giants hater to hate the hardest and best they can and just fuel our team to another title "under the radar". As long as we continue to support them at the games and through this MB, thats allour teamwillneed to keep in their minds and hearts to bring us to the big game once again. "ALL IN"!!!!!</P>

Roosevelt
07-07-2012, 11:55 PM
The Giant's "template" of success - coming together at the end of the season and riding that wave through the playoffs to a championship - has now become a strategy that every team in every sport uses or will use.

It's really quite remarkable, but I'm not sure it's actually a sound strategy.

But then again in 1986, I wasn't sure if we were "that" good, or every other team was "that" bad.

Cool Papa B.
07-08-2012, 12:14 AM
We all know how close they came to missing the playoffs. They did win the division though. So why all the love for 2 teams teams THAT didn't make the playoffs? I don't remember the media dismissing Green Bay last year and they too just made the playoffs the year the won the Super Bowl.

+1

You took the words right out of my mouth. Oh, I want the Giants to win it again so badly now. The victory is soooo much more sweeter when most people don't give you a chance.

Die-Hard
07-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Respect from the media, for whatever insanely misguided reason, is a huge commodity around these parts. It's pointless trying to debate, because the majority are still blinded by the SB win, and aren't ready to take an objective look at 9-7 yet, if ever. A middle of the road team in a weak division got hot at the perfect time, but that is pure blasphemy, no matter how truthful it is, and it's viewed as disrespectful

Amani Toomer made a factual statement that Romo is the better <u>statistical </u>QB, and now, he'll never again be able to walk into Giants Stadium without getting booed incessantly by 80% of the house. Truth is anathema if it doesn't completely favor the Giants, and Eli in particular.

It's best to just move on from last season and look ahead to the next one, provided you wear blue-tinted glasses and call the '11 team the best ever.

Neverend
07-08-2012, 01:03 AM
Strange post

You talk about why the giants should be doubted then go on and the list reasons why the giants SHOULDN'T be doubted based on what the experts say (such as somehow the loss of jacobs hurts the giants badly this year)

Anyway, the main point I took from your post is that the giants could easily go 8-8 based on the toughness of the division. Not buying it, but you're entitled to think however you'd like

GmenFan1980
07-08-2012, 01:11 AM
Respect from the media, for whatever insanely misguided reason, is a huge commodity around these parts. It's pointless trying to debate, because the majority are still blinded by the SB win, and aren't ready to take an objective look at 9-7 yet, if ever. A middle of the road team in a weak division got hot at the perfect time, but that is pure blasphemy, no matter how truthful it is, and it's viewed as disrespectful

Amani Toomer made a factual statement that Romo is the better <u>statistical </u>QB, and now, he'll never again be able to walk into Giants Stadium without getting booed incessantly by 80% of the house. Truth is anathema if it doesn't completely favor the Giants, and Eli in particular.

It's best to just move on from last season and look ahead to the next one, provided you wear blue-tinted glasses and call the '11 team the best ever.

Cool, now where is that "objective" look at the 8-8 cowboys and Eagles? oh they played badly last year? doesn't matter their still the best in the Division.

Where is that "objective" look at the 2010 10-6 6th seeded packers that won the super bowl? did they get called a "lucky team"? No, they were not. In fact they were being predicted to be the next dynasty.

So excuse me if I don't think the media heads are exactly fair when it comes to the Giants. I don't think they hate the Giants, I honestly think they are just told to praise the more popular teams.

But just because I think that doesn't mean I Should accept the criticism of the Giants should I?

(p.s. I have nothing against Toomer for what he said, in Terms of stats Romo is better, but I thought we all knew that? Eli is just the better winner)

Neverend
07-08-2012, 01:58 AM
[Cool, now where is that "objective" look at the 8-8 cowboys and Eagles?

^ If your post just said this alone it would've been enough to kill his point

It has nothing to do with being objective or subjective. With (proven) improved health and (reported) simplifcation/adjustment of the defense, they went on a run to the superbowl against the best teams in the nfl. If those two factors are able to maintain themselves into next year, it is absolutely not unreasonable or being biased/not objective, to say the giants should be division favorites.

ooh, oops, i forgot. The cowboys signed brandon carr despite losing Robinson. Means they finally got over the hump against the giants! Phillys defense looked impressive against the cowboys and stephen mcgee! Best d in the division next year!

TuckYou
07-08-2012, 02:03 AM
Balderdash!

NYGFaninILL
07-08-2012, 03:28 AM
Dude. What do you want people to talk about?

Offseason=dry topics.

It will pick up in a few weeks

Roswell777
07-08-2012, 06:01 AM
Having won championships, the Giants know that they can. The other teams in their division are still wondering if they can. Very few players, if any, on their divisional rivals have one ring, let alone two.

There is a huge difference between wondering if you can win a SB and knowing you can win a SB. And that difference can be huge come crunch time and was probably a big reason why the Giants were able to close out last season with six straight wins.

Captain Chaos
07-08-2012, 06:17 AM
Balderdash!

Exactly!!

SweetZombieJesus
07-08-2012, 08:08 AM
How are the outsiders wrong though? We WERE a 9-7 team. You're going to tell me we weren't?

A very famous coach once said "You are what your record says you are". But the 2011 Giants make a case against that saying.

6-2 start (as is customary for Coughlin)

What killed them was the 4 game losing streak combined with ghastly losses to the Redskins. While nothing explains the Redskins losses, the 4 game losing streak breaks down as follows:

- The Saints truly throttled them, as usual. No excuses.
- A comeback drive against the 49ers died inside the 49er 20 on 4th and 2 with time running out.
- They had the undefeated defending champ Packers tied 35-35 with 0:53 to go.
- The Eagles game was a quagmire that Vince Young of all people pulled out of the fire.

The 49er and Packer games, like the last game of 2007 vs the Pats, show there is more than meets the 9-7 eye. As we found out with that playoff run.

Diamondring
07-08-2012, 08:33 AM

Insiders know we won the division last year, despite all the injuries we had, and with one of the hardest schedules in the league.* Plus, we got healthy at the right time.

Insiders know this team is going to win the division again this year.* The media was wrong last year, and they will be wrong again this year.*

And the Giants are at their best when they have something to prove.* So, let the media proclaim Dallas and Philly champs in July.* The Giants will prove them wrong again.* We know who will be playing next January.

Why do you think we shouldn't get respect when we are 9 and 7 for? Did we beat teams with better records so should that give us props or some respect?

Die-Hard
07-08-2012, 09:06 AM

Cool, now where is that "objective" look at the 8-8 cowboys and Eagles? oh they played badly last year? doesn't matter their still the best in the Division.

Where is that "objective" look at the 2010 10-6 6th seeded packers that won the super bowl? did they get called a "lucky team"? No, they were not. In fact they were being predicted to be the next dynasty.

So excuse me if I don't think the media heads are exactly fair when it comes to the Giants. I don't think they hate the Giants, I honestly think they are just told to praise the more popular teams.

But just because I think that doesn't mean I Should accept the criticism of the Giants should I?

(p.s. I have nothing against Toomer for what he said, in Terms of stats Romo is better, but I thought we all knew that? Eli is just the better winner)

I guess you haven't figured it out by now. Dallas is always going to be hyped up and praised by the media. It hasn't stopped since 1993. Same with Philly, although Philly is somewhat more deserving of hype, as they do have a very good team. I get that you want the Giants to be mentioned as the favorite every year, and so do I, but in this division, and with so many other strong teams in the NFC, it's simply not going to happen, especially when they finsihed 9-7 and barely won the division. Before you say "The SB doesn't mean anything?!", think about this: How will last season help them? They aren't the same team, and it remains to be seen whether or not they've improved or regressed. Some people think the losses of Jacobs, Manningham, Mckenzie, and Ballard will hurt the Giants. I flat-out disagree for the most part, but that is a legitimate argument, and it obviously hasn't gone unnoticed by the talking heads.

The whole world knows who won the SB last season. They can't all just automatically pick the SB winner from the PREVIOUS SEASON as the favorite to win the division, or anything else, and still keep their jobs. Last season will do nothing to help the Giants this season.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this team. I'm not prone to overreaction and knee-jerk diatribes every time someone picks against them. Let them play the games and see what happens.

jomo
07-08-2012, 11:34 AM
The people obsessed with "we get no respect" are people who care about what others (often brain dead) have to say. Life's too short IMO to waste time listening to and fretting over the thoughts of dim wits.

Breezely
07-08-2012, 03:38 PM
I just hope the Giants are paying attention to all the talk. Superbowl winners can sometimes become complacent.

GmenFan1980
07-08-2012, 03:47 PM

I guess you haven't figured it out by now. Dallas is always going to be hyped up and praised by the media. It hasn't stopped since 1993. Same with Philly, although Philly is somewhat more deserving of hype, as they do have a very good team. I get that you want the Giants to be mentioned as the favorite every year, and so do I, but in this division, and with so many other strong teams in the NFC, it's simply not going to happen, especially when they finsihed 9-7 and barely won the division. Before you say "The SB doesn't mean anything?!", think about this: How will last season help them? They aren't the same team, and it remains to be seen whether or not they've improved or regressed. Some people think the losses of Jacobs, Manningham, Mckenzie, and Ballard will hurt the Giants. I flat-out disagree for the most part, but that is a legitimate argument, and it obviously hasn't gone unnoticed by the talking heads.

The whole world knows who won the SB last season. They can't all just automatically pick the SB winner from the PREVIOUS SEASON as the favorite to win the division, or anything else, and still keep their jobs. Last season will do nothing to help the Giants this season.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this team. I'm not prone to overreaction and knee-jerk diatribes every time someone picks against them. Let them play the games and see what happens.

I completely understand every thing your saying Die-Hard. I know why the Cowboys and Eagles get their hype, deserved or not.

I know we shouldn't be picked as favorites for a repeat, that i'm absolutely fine with, because it is hard to repeat.

I'm just annoyed with the whole we won't even make the playoffs and the reasoning why...because of all of our negatives last year, which as you said means nothing going into this year.

I guess I should chill out and not even worry about what they say, but sometimes it just ticks me off.

Die-Hard
07-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Exactly. Just cool out, wait for the games to start, and then see who was right or wrong. I get annoyed with some of these guys occasionally myself, but when it's all said and done, not one of them knows whats going to happen, just like the rest of the world. They get paid to speculate, and whether their speculations are good, or just plain idiotic, they still get paid way more than they deserve LOL

MattMeyerBud
07-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Besides the Anti-toomer stuff on the board recently all I see is how we're getting no respect by self proclaimed experts.

Newsflash. We were a 9-7 team last year that had to win 3 of the last 4 games to even MAKE the playoffs. We really only made it because the division was so weak, record wise, normally the NFC East is much more competitive (we were 10-6 the year before and DIDN'T make the playoffs). Eli's even said the team has to be better this year.

I don't think the Eagles or Cowboys are better than us. But you can't deny the potential that they have as far as talent goes. We play in one of the 2 or 3 toughest divisions in football, next to the AFC North and possibly the NFC South (if the Panthers are good this year). This is not the AFC East where the Pats get 4 free wins against the Bills and Dolphins and then 2 slightly less easy wins against a mediocre Jets team that probably will be out of the playoffs this year. To illustrate HOW CLOSE IT IS, all the Eagles had to do last year, as hilariously disappointing as they were, was win one more game and we're sitting at home in January. And that was a team that finished 8-8. Even the damn Redskins, who have been the doormat of the division for years, SWEPT US last year. So they can't be counted on for 2 wins either.

And we DO have the toughest schedule this year in theory. Doesn't mean it will be the toughest in reality, but even having the toughest schedule last year we REALLY struggled through it. We beat the Pats and then lost to the Saints (embarrassingly), 49ers and Packers (although these were close). Now, we beat all of those teams except for NO in the playoffs, and that's great, but think about it for a second. If we pull that **** again this year, all we have to do is lose 1 other game (like the Seahawks from last year, or either redskin game) or so and we could be out altogether, and won't even have a chance to beat up those teams in the playoffs.

Furthermore, it is VERY difficult to repeat, especially in this day and age. It's only been done once in recent times with the Pats. 5 out of 12 teams from the playoffs last year won't make it this year, happens every year.

Do I think we'll be fine? Yeah. Do I think we'll make the playoffs? Yes. I think we'll win the division again and we'll be a tough fight for any team we play in the playoffs. We have a future HOFer head coach, one of the 5 best QBs in the league, two great weapons at WR in what is now a passing league, our pass rush is intact, and the secondary will be healthy. Even the Oline as bad as it was last year I think will be better.

But it's very easy to see this team going 8-8 and being out this year. When you take into account everything above, we have a much more difficult road ahead of us than teams like the Patriots, the Texans and Broncos who play in joke divisions, etc.

The only thing I find ridiculous is that the loss of Jacobs and Manningham are being touted as big deals.
</P>

</P>

uhg but its true...</P>

</P>

I just don't get how a team could go 9-7 and be disrespected the way we are but the Cowboys who show no heart when its on the line consistantly for a decade and a half can be "more feared" than us. Or how about the Eagles, because they ended up finishing 8-8 after that miserable start...</P>

</P>

it just makes no sense</P>

</P>

Truth is that our players are heavily underrated and always have been. I love it, lets get #5 while everybody is sleeping</P>

pino
07-09-2012, 01:53 PM
uhg but its true...</P>

*</P>

I just don't get how a team could go 9-7 and be disrespected the way we are but the Cowboys who show no heart when its on the line consistantly for a decade and a half can be "more feared" than us. Or how about the Eagles, because they ended up finishing 8-8 after that miserable start...</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Truth is that our players are heavily underrated and always have been. I love it, lets get #5 while everybody is sleeping</P>

I'll drink to that. How sweet will that be to get #5? The NFL should have a live camera on Jerry Jones when that happens. I will pay per view that.

gumby742
07-09-2012, 01:58 PM

</P>

</P>

uhg but its true...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

It's not that we win, but how we win. We win ugly and things are rarely pretty for us. The only year we had a convincing team was in 2008. And even though we were 1 and done, we were favored the next year. Why? We were dominant.</P>

It's hard to cry foul. Had we not been favored in 2008, I'd probably agree with you. But we were.</P>

repeatchamps
07-09-2012, 02:54 PM
uhg but its true...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I'll drink to that. How sweet will that be to get #5? The NFL should have a live camera on Jerry Jones when that happens. I will pay per view that.</P>

This.</P>

ShakeNBake
07-09-2012, 02:59 PM

</p>

</p>

uhg but its true...</p>

</p>

I just don't get how a team could go 9-7 and be disrespected the way we are but the Cowboys who show no heart when its on the line consistantly for a decade and a half can be "more feared" than us. Or how about the Eagles, because they ended up finishing 8-8 after that miserable start...</p>

</p>

it just makes no sense</p>

</p>

Truth is that our players are heavily underrated and always have been. I love it, lets get #5 while everybody is sleeping</p>

</p>

It's not that we win, but how we win. We win ugly and things are rarely pretty for us. The only year we had a convincing team was in 2008. And even though we were 1 and done, we were favored the next year. Why? We were dominant.</p>

It's hard to cry foul. Had we not been favored in 2008, I'd probably agree with you. But we were.</p>

Dallas and Philly both finished below us last season, and did nothing to improve their team significantly more than they were last year so why would they be favored over us this season? Neither Dallas nor Philly are "convincing" so logic would dictate otherwise.

Morehead State
07-09-2012, 03:18 PM

</P>

</P>

uhg but its true...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

It's not that we win, but how we win. We win ugly and things are rarely pretty for us. The only year we had a convincing team was in 2008. And even though we were 1 and done, we were favored the next year. Why? We were dominant.</P>

It's hard to cry foul. Had we not been favored in 2008, I'd probably agree with you. But we were.</P>

Dallas and Philly both finished below us last season, and did nothing to improve their team significantly more than they were last year so why would they be favored over us this season? Neither Dallas nor Philly are "convincing" so logic would dictate otherwise.
</P>

Actually Dallas improved their secondary quite a bit. A huge hole in their team last year. And Demeco Ryans is a huge addition to Philly, who had to play a rookie at MLB for some of last year.</P>

And given our cap situation, we weren't able to do a lot in free agency.</P>

jakegibbs
07-09-2012, 03:22 PM

*But it's very easy to see this team going 8-8 and being out this year. When you take into account everything above, we have a much more difficult road ahead of us than teams like the Patriots, the Texans and Broncos who play in joke divisions, etc.

</P>

*</P>

uhg but its true...</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

</P>

It's not that we win, but how we win.* We win ugly and things are rarely pretty for us.* The only year we had a convincing team* was in 2008.* And even though we were 1 and done, we were favored the next year.* Why?* We were dominant.</P>

It's hard to cry foul.* Had we not been favored in 2008, I'd probably agree with you.* But we were.</P>

</P>

Actually Dallas improved their secondary quite a bit.* A huge hole in their team last year.* And Demeco Ryans is a huge addition to Philly, who had to play a rookie at MLB for some of last year.</P>

Hmmm. good points & I thought the experts only had dem Cowboys picked to finish higher this year than the Giants because they have a far superior Romo & we're stuck with only Goober Eli. Doom dispair & agony on me...

Morehead State
07-09-2012, 03:30 PM

</P>

</P>

uhg but its true...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Actually Dallas improved their secondary quite a bit. A huge hole in their team last year. And Demeco Ryans is a huge addition to Philly, who had to play a rookie at MLB for some of last year.</P>

Hmmm. good points &amp; I thought the experts only had dem Cowboys picked to finish higher this year than the Giants because they have a far superior Romo &amp; we're stuck with only Goober Eli. Doom dispair &amp; agony on me...</P>

You're just a one trick pony, aren't you?</P>

burier
07-09-2012, 03:48 PM
We were 9-7 and all of our best players played all season so for the last time please stop using that as an excuse.

We couldn't run the ball at all when the Oline was a full strength and actually improved when Baas went down.

JWill apparently showed SO much promise.

Michael Boley is apparently the "Best tackler" in the NFL

Kiwi is the best "Run stuffing" SAM in the NFL

Yet we couldn't stop the run.

And if you think we couldn't stop the run last year because of John Goff you're insane and annoying.

Corey Webster is apparently a "lockdown" corner.

Kenny Phillips is apparently a "game changing" safety

These guys missed little or no time yet we still couldn't stop the pass.

I'm just glad the team doesn't act like some of you fans making excuses all the time.

We have alot of work to do if we're going to repeat (And we will repeat) but it won't get done if the weaknesses we showed last season are excused based on this fan fiction injury nonsense.

Who's to say Tuck's tummy isn't going to hurt again this season? We don't know. He could get shampoo in his eye and start cherry picking which weeks he's going to play again.

One thing we do know is that We had our star players on the field and we still got whooped in many area. And if you want to use injuries as an excuse get ready to use it as an excuse this year and every year because injuries are a part of the game.

sharick88
07-09-2012, 04:09 PM

*But it's very easy to see this team going 8-8 and being out this year. When you take into account everything above, we have a much more difficult road ahead of us than teams like the Patriots, the Texans and Broncos who play in joke divisions, etc.

Regardless of what our record was, we won the Super Bowl. The last time I recall a defending SB Champion being slighted this much was the Pats after they beat the rams. Green Bay also "got hot at the right time" and they were talking dynasty about them. Why can't the giants get similar love? Whenever a defending SB Champion actually gets better, they should get way more props than what the giants get right now. Our two time SB winning and two time SB MVP winning QB also does not get the respect they deserve. I understand where you're coming from. I can personally care less about the media. I also have no problem with people saying that they have it out for the giants.

buffyblue
07-09-2012, 04:14 PM
We were 9-7 in a tight division race rhat came down to the final game to win the division. We beat up Dallas Cowboys in that last game and took the division. We didn't back into anything.

jakegibbs
07-09-2012, 04:24 PM

</P>

*</P>

uhg but its true...</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

</P>

It's not that we win, but how we win.* We win ugly and things are rarely pretty for us.* The only year we had a convincing team* was in 2008.* And even though we were 1 and done, we were favored the next year.* Why?* We were dominant.</P>

It's hard to cry foul.* Had we not been favored in 2008, I'd probably agree with you.* But we were.</P>

</P>

Actually Dallas improved their secondary quite a bit.* A huge hole in their team last year.* And Demeco Ryans is a huge addition to Philly, who had to play a rookie at MLB for some of last year.</P>

Hmmm. good points & I thought the experts only had dem Cowboys picked to finish higher this year than the Giants because they have a far superior Romo & we're stuck with only Goober Eli. Doom dispair & agony on me...</P>

You're just a one trick pony, aren't you?</P>

What else is making any news on this message board. Sounds like we're all 1 trick ponies to me.

wolfie
07-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Well here's what I think, as if anyone gives a good god %&amp;*.</P>

Spring training is a few weeks away for everyone. We don't know who will get hurt on the Giants or on any other team. Everyone in this league gets "lucky" once-in-a while, including us. We won games we should have lost, and so did they.</P>

I've followed the Giants for more years than I can remember. Listening to the radio when Baltimore scoredand took the championship. Loving Sam Huff, Brad van Pelt, Rosey, Andy, Gifford, YA etc. </P>

With that being said... who cares what the others think, let's just play the freaking games and see what happens.Hey it's only July not January.</P>

jakegibbs
07-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Well here's what I think, as if anyone gives a good god %&*.</P>

Spring training is a few weeks away for everyone. We don't know who will get hurt on the Giants or on any other team. Everyone in this league gets "lucky" once-in-a while, including us. We won games we should have lost, and so did they.</P>

I've followed the Giants for more years than I can remember. Listening to the radio when Baltimore scored*and took the championship. Loving Sam Huff, Brad van Pelt, Rosey, Andy, Gifford, YA etc. </P>

With that being said... who cares what the others think, let's just play the freaking games and see what happens.*Hey it's only July not January.</P>

hmmm.. Talk is cheap.... play the game... I've heard that from someone in the Giants Organization before.... TC maybe before they had to travel to Jet Stadium right??? hmmm...

ShakeNBake
07-09-2012, 05:45 PM

</p>

</p>

uhg but its true...</p>

</p>

I just don't get how a team could go 9-7 and be disrespected the way we are but the Cowboys who show no heart when its on the line consistantly for a decade and a half can be "more feared" than us. Or how about the Eagles, because they ended up finishing 8-8 after that miserable start...</p>

</p>

</p>

Truth is that our players are heavily underrated and always have been. I love it, lets get #5 while everybody is sleeping</p>

</p>

It's not that we win, but how we win. We win ugly and things are rarely pretty for us. The only year we had a convincing team was in 2008. And even though we were 1 and done, we were favored the next year. Why? We were dominant.</p>

It's hard to cry foul. Had we not been favored in 2008, I'd probably agree with you. But we were.</p>

</p>

Actually Dallas improved their secondary quite a bit. A huge hole in their team last year. And Demeco Ryans is a huge addition to Philly, who had to play a rookie at MLB for some of last year.</p>

And given our cap situation, we weren't able to do a lot in free agency.</p>

Dallas is more than likely going to have have to start a rookie and a free agent pickup who is new to the system at corner next year, not exactly an improvement, but the potential to be better is there. Carr looked good in KC but he was playing opposite Flowers, so we don't know how he will stand up as Dallas' #1. As far as Ryans is concerned I completely forgot about him to be honest, so ok maybe the eagles have improved but I'm still not sold on Dallas, they could potentially be worse then last year especially early on.

appletree943
07-09-2012, 06:46 PM

Regardless of what our record was, we won the Super Bowl. The last time I recall a defending SB Champion being slighted this much was the Pats after they beat the rams. Green Bay also "got hot at the right time" and they were talking dynasty about them. Why can't the giants get similar love? Whenever a defending SB Champion actually gets better, they should get way more props than what the giants get right now. Our two time SB winning and two time SB MVP winning QB also does not get the respect they deserve. I understand where you're coming from. I can personally care less about the media. I also have no problem with people saying that they have it out for the giants. difference is the Packers were arguably the best team in the NFC in the regular because Aaron Rodgers missed 2 games(which they lost both) knocked them from 1st round bye to not having a single home game

2 different situations

MattMeyerBud
07-09-2012, 06:57 PM

</p>

</p>

uhg but its true...</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

well we demanded to be favored because pre-plax we were hands down the best team in the league for first half of the season - only other team that was on our level that year was the STeelers and we walked into Pitt (great game) and took a win.

but i don't get it how we win - no correlation between getting healthy and then playing balls out for 6 weeks in a row when it counts? Its like some people try to down play it by saying we got hot at the right time and thats the only reason we won.. but then other teams that were hot weeks 1-8 and then trailed off get more respect for it.

It just really doesn't make sense

MattMeyerBud
07-09-2012, 06:58 PM

</p>

</p>

uhg but its true...</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Actually Dallas improved their secondary quite a bit. A huge hole in their team last year. And Demeco Ryans is a huge addition to Philly, who had to play a rookie at MLB for some of last year.</p>

all true- but we're defending superbowl champions who mopped teams up the last 6 weeks of the season when healthy - it just makes no sense.

MattMeyerBud
07-09-2012, 07:04 PM
We were 9-7 and all of our best players played all season so for the last time please stop using that as an excuse.

We couldn't run the ball at all when the Oline was a full strength and actually improved when Baas went down.

And if you think we couldn't stop the run last year because of John Goff you're insane and annoying.

I'm just glad the team doesn't act like some of you fans making excuses all the time.

We have alot of work to do if we're going to repeat (And we will repeat) but it won't get done if the weaknesses we showed last season are excused based on this fan fiction injury nonsense.

Who's to say Tuck's tummy isn't going to hurt again this season? We don't know. He could get shampoo in his eye and start cherry picking which weeks he's going to play again.

One thing we do know is that We had our star players on the field and we still got whooped in many area. And if you want to use injuries as an excuse get ready to use it as an excuse this year and every year because injuries are a part of the game.

no actually - Osi went down, tuck was not healthy (regardless of what ur butt hurt about), we lost our staritng left tackle in beatty, Bradshaw was banged up, we had our line interchanging all year, we lost T2, we lost Prince for most of the year, all teams have injuries but our defense was based around our DEs and our secondary. Once it came together we dominated and get no respect for it.

Michael Boley being called the best tackler in the league was a joke- i agree.

Kiwi is a HELL of a run stopping LBer.

Goff was legit against the run as well - his knock was his pass coverage. And it def hurt in the scheme of having a good tackling middle line backer. Coincidence that getting a half way decent Blackburn in there made a difference for us? I think not

Webster is a legit top tier QB, not top 5 but def like a top 10.

Phillips has been disappointing at time I agree, def hasn't lived up to what I thought he would be. But stikll not as bad as your e-tone seems to be suggesting at all. Plus i'd like to see our safteys at saftey all year.

And if you think JWill didn't show promise then you just obviously dont' know what you are looking at and i just wasted 5 minutes responding to you.

MattMeyerBud
07-09-2012, 07:04 PM
We were 9-7 in a tight division race rhat came down to the final game to win the division. We beat up Dallas Cowboys in that last game and took the division. We didn't back into anything.

we also dismantled the Jets the week before in a game we needed

MattMeyerBud
07-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Well here's what I think, as if anyone gives a good god %&amp;*.</p>

Spring training is a few weeks away for everyone. We don't know who will get hurt on the Giants or on any other team. Everyone in this league gets "lucky" once-in-a while, including us. We won games we should have lost, and so did they.</p>

I've followed the Giants for more years than I can remember. Listening to the radio when Baltimore scoredand took the championship. Loving Sam Huff, Brad van Pelt, Rosey, Andy, Gifford, YA etc. </p>

With that being said... who cares what the others think, let's just play the freaking games and see what happens.Hey it's only July not January.</p>

i don't give a ****, it just baffles me

MattMeyerBud
07-09-2012, 07:09 PM

</p>

</p>

uhg but its true...</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Dallas is more than likely going to have have to start a rookie and a free agent pickup who is new to the system at corner next year, not exactly an improvement, but the potential to be better is there. Carr looked good in KC but he was playing opposite Flowers, so we don't know how he will stand up as Dallas' #1. As far as Ryans is concerned I completely forgot about him to be honest, so ok maybe the eagles have improved but I'm still not sold on Dallas, they could potentially be worse then last year especially early on.

i respectfully disagree..

I know that its a rookie, but this kid is suppose to be legit and they got a top notch FA pick up at corner. Now they may not click to their fullest potential, but they HAVE to be better than the group of bums they had last year.

MattMeyerBud
07-09-2012, 07:13 PM

</p>

</p>

uhg but its true...</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

well we demanded to be favored because pre-plax we were hands down the best team in the league for first half of the season - only other team that was on our level that year was the STeelers and we walked into Pitt (great game) and took a win.

but i don't get it how we win - no correlation between getting healthy and then playing balls out for 6 weeks in a row when it counts? Its like some people try to down play it by saying we got hot at the right time and thats the only reason we won.. but then other teams that were hot weeks 1-8 and then trailed off get more respect for it.

and let me add that we def didn't GO INTO the seaosn as the favorite, we earned it a certain point from playing extremely well

i believe we were dubbed worst team ever to win a superbowl...

RoanokeFan
07-09-2012, 07:45 PM

</p>

</p>

uhg but its true...</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

and let me add that we def didn't GO INTO the seaosn as the favorite, we earned it a certain point from playing extremely well

i believe we were dubbed <font color="#0000FF">worst team ever to win a superbowl... </font>

That brings tears to my eyes [;)]

byron
07-09-2012, 07:50 PM

</P>

</P>

uhg but its true...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I think its just hate Matt how many times have the Giants made this media guys look like thefools they are?...they mad bro...;)

MattMeyerBud
07-09-2012, 07:58 PM
hahaha BIG B!

sharick88
07-09-2012, 08:32 PM

Regardless of what our record was, we won the Super Bowl. The last time I recall a defending SB Champion being slighted this much was the Pats after they beat the rams. Green Bay also "got hot at the right time" and they were talking dynasty about them. Why can't the giants get similar love? Whenever a defending SB Champion actually gets better, they should get way more props than what the giants get right now. Our two time SB winning and two time SB MVP winning QB also does not get the respect they deserve. I understand where you're coming from. I can personally care less about the media. I also have no problem with people saying that they have it out for the giants. difference is the Packers were arguably the best team in the NFC in the regular because Aaron Rodgers missed 2 games(which they lost both) knocked them from 1st round* bye to not having a single home game

2 different situations

Injuries are simply apart of the game. The giants also were missing key parts throughout last season. Ahmad Bradshaw himself missed a ton of time last season. The packers had to win their last two games to clinch a playoff spot as did the giants. Their situations were definitely similar in those regards. The giants pretty much come into this season healthier and better than the one that just won the super bowl. They should be at least guaranteed a playoff spot by ANALysts. No reason why that is such an impossible task for these so-called experts.

ShakeNBake
07-09-2012, 10:40 PM

</p>

</p>

uhg but its true...</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

I know that its a rookie, but this kid is suppose to be legit and they got a top notch FA pick up at corner. Now they may not click to their fullest potential, but they HAVE to be better than the group of bums they had last year.

Fair enough, I just don't expect anything spectacular from them this season, especially when we play them week one.

GOBIGBLUE52
07-09-2012, 11:10 PM

</p>

</p>

uhg but its true...</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Fair enough, I just don't expect anything spectacular from them this season, especially when we play them week one.

Not for nothing, but for all the talk about starting a rookie, we've had guys start as rookies and turn out well, so that doesn't mean much. We'll also be seeing Randle and Wilson be starting or getting a lot of time this year as well. Just saying.

ShakeNBake
07-09-2012, 11:18 PM

</p>

</p>

uhg but its true...</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Not for nothing, but for all the talk about starting a rookie, we've had guys start as rookies and turn out well, so that doesn't mean much. We'll also be seeing Randle and Wilson be starting or getting a lot of time this year as well. Just saying.

Next to the quarterback, the corner back is arguably the hardest position to make the transition from college to the pros. I'm not dismissing the guy, but early on I expect to see struggles, and joining a team with a shaky secondary at best is not going to help any.

Drez
07-09-2012, 11:32 PM

If I recall correctly, we were slated to finished third behind Dallas and the Eagles prior to the start of the '08 season.

Drez
07-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Next to the quarterback, the corner back is arguably the hardest position to make the transition from college to the pros. I'm not dismissing the guy, but early on I expect to see struggles, and joining a team with a shaky secondary at best is not going to help any.

Dallas' safeties are suspect, too. And as we all know safety play greatly impacts how your corners look.

CDN_G-FAN
07-10-2012, 01:57 AM

Good post.

I'm thrilled with the SB, even more so because it was against the Pats.

Thrilled we played great down the stretch, which we haven't done since our last SB win, and that's too long to wait for a December where we don't look like a joke.

but fans shouldn't let the SB win cloud their judgement.

i don't want to scrape into the playoffs every year because Philly only plays .500 football. That's embarrassing.

that was not a pretty regular season, and i hope fans don't think that's a realistic road to the SB every year.

Any given sunday is a real ****ty strategy for winning championships.

And frankly, so is coming together at the right time.

coming together at the right time is a WAY better strategy if you are 'together' for 15 of 19 games in a regular and post season instead of counting on coming together in the right 4 games.

buddy33
07-10-2012, 11:15 AM
I don't think fans think the regular season was great, and the players themselves have come out and said they need to get better.

For me, it's funny how the Giants are picked to finish 3rd by so many experts because for all the talk about how they just got in the playoffs the other teams didn't. When Green Bay won they had a lot of injuries and just made it in and I don't remember them being dismissed so easily last season. There was just a list on young players to build a team around and JPP doesn't make the list over guys who have yet to play a single down in the NFL. Yes, the Giants schedule is tough, but so is the rest of the NFC East. The Giants schedule is tougher because they have Green Bay and the 49ers. Other than that all the schedules are the same.

The fact is Eli Manning might be the most unrespected 2 time Super Bowl MVP. Most experts would probably rank him behind Vick and Romo. If he has a good rookie season they will rank RG3 ahead of Eli. They don't respect Eli so they will never respect the Giants. The year before it was said how hard Green Bay was hit with injuries. They where not hit as hard as the Giants where on defense yet no one talks about how some of the Giants struggles last year where a direct result of injuries.

Who cares? It will make it even better this year if they have a chip on their shoulder. I really hope they realize the experts think they are a joke and do not respect them.

burier
07-10-2012, 11:46 AM

no actually - Osi went down, tuck was not healthy (regardless of what ur butt hurt about), we lost our staritng left tackle in beatty, Bradshaw was banged up, we had our line interchanging all year, we lost T2, we lost Prince for most of the year, all teams have injuries but our defense was based around our DEs and our secondary. Once it came together we dominated and get no respect for it.

Goff was legit against the run as well - his knock was his pass coverage. And it def hurt in the scheme of having a good tackling middle line backer. Coincidence that getting a half way decent Blackburn in there made a difference for us? I think not

Phillips has been disappointing at time I agree, def hasn't lived up to what I thought he would be. But stikll not as bad as your e-tone seems to be suggesting at all. Plus i'd like to see our safteys at saftey all year.

And if you think JWill didn't show promise then you just obviously dont' know what you are looking at and i just wasted 5 minutes responding to you.

Dude are you drunk? People being banged up doesn't count in the NFL. Doesn't even count in High School football.

Osi isn't even a full time starter on this team and is known for being spotty against the run. JPP is clearly stronger against the run than Osi is. So how does Osi being out explain the run stop issues?

Ok Tuck wasn't healthy. What's to say he'll be healthy this year? News flash. Its football. NO ONE is healthy.

The Oline was shuffled around all season but it is true run game improved without Baas....and for the purposes of this conversation we don't even need to discuss offensive injuries since the offense wasn't the problem last season.

T2 was lost before week 1. And was replaced by a first round draft choice. I don't accept that as an exciuse.

Prince was in his rookie season. You can't miss what you never had. I don't accept that as an excuse.

You can say we got it together and dominated but if we wait until we lose 7 games to get it together this season we're going to be out of the playoffs.

My point isn't to argue weather these players are as good as adverstized. My point is:

IF THEY ARE AS GOOD AS ADVERTISED WHY DID THE DEFENSE SUCK!

Kiwi is a hell of a run stopper who played all 16 games but people ran all over us.

We made the mistake of letting Blackburn go in the first place especially since Goff went down. But don't get it twisted. Goff showed SIGNS that he MIGHT become a legit run stopper. He wasn't there yet. And racked up a WHOPPING 54 solos in 16 as starting MIKE which is pathetic. I think Demarcus Ware puts up better tackle stats.

Webster again. Not arguing how good is. Hell you can call him Revis if you want. The point is...He was on the field when VINCE YOUNG marched the ball 80 yards for the win.

Again with Phillips, my point isn't to argue how good or bad the player is. I think with the exception of Backer we're stacked on defense..despite this fact couldn't stop the run. Couldn't stop the pass.

Jwill showed promise. You've over-read the level of sarcasm in my post. The point is...IF ALL THESE GUYS ARE SO GOOD WHY THE HELL DID WE PERFORM SO POORLY????

Eli has said it. Now Herz has repeated it. They don't want to fall into the trap of thinking there's no room for improvement because they put a string of great games together.

You're either getting better or you're getting worse. And if you've got an excuse card up your sleve to explain everything away you're setting yourself up for failure.

Roswell777
07-10-2012, 12:12 PM
I think it will be great if the Giants play this season with a chip on their shoulder. Most champions don't.

As far as why the defense played poorly with all the "talent" we have...

I hate to say it but I'm still not sold on Fewell.

It wasn't all on him, but I did a lot of head scratching when it came to his D game planning. To my untrained eye, there wasn't a lot of innovation and halftime adjusting to what the other team was doing.

buddy33
07-10-2012, 03:00 PM
It is a fact that the Giants, especially on defense, did not play healthy all season. They where one of the hardest hit units in he past decade when it comes to injuries and the only teams that where worse of where a very bad Bills team and the 0-16 Lions.

Yes, they had Webster playing well in the secondary. Who else? Ross actually did get better in the playoffs but was bad during the regular season. Where was the depth? You can not tell me you watched a team full of depth at the secondary position. In he NFL, a passing league, you need more than just one shut down corner. It also doesn't help when you are using your Safety out of his natural position because of injuries. Then they had 2 premier DE's either playing hurt or missing games. That huts what they like to do. Get to the passer and disrupt the opposing offenses game plan.

burier
07-10-2012, 06:05 PM
It is a fact that the Giants, especially on defense, did not play healthy all season. They where one of the hardest hit units in he past decade when it comes to injuries and the only teams that where worse of where a very bad Bills team and the 0-16 Lions.

Yes, they had Webster playing well in the secondary. Who else? Ross actually did get better in the playoffs but was bad during the regular season. Where was the depth? You can not tell me you watched a team full of depth at the secondary position. In he NFL, a passing league, you need more than just one shut down corner. It also doesn't help when you are using your Safety out of his natural position because of injuries. Then they had 2 premier DE's either playing hurt or missing games. That huts what they like to do. Get to the passer and disrupt the opposing offenses game plan.

We had pleanty of depth in the secondary. We had depth to spare. We had so much depth that T2 went down and Prince went down and we still were able to field nothing but first and second round draft choices at all positions.

This crap about how injured we were is false and based on inflated numbers due to injuries to SCRUBS AND BUMBS who based on how the injuries played out would not have seen the field anyway.

buddy33
07-10-2012, 06:18 PM
What? After TT went down the replaced him with Ross who they didn't even offer enough to stay. Are you talking about Rolle? He was not playing his natural position. Doesn't matter when he was drafted. He is a very good Safety. He is just not supposed to be covering the slot WR. So what depth are we talking about? Witherspoon? Coe? Tyron? Williams?

gumby742
07-10-2012, 06:19 PM
I think it will be great if the Giants play this season with a chip on their shoulder. Most champions don't. As far as why the defense played poorly with all the "talent" we have... I hate to say it but I'm still not sold on Fewell. It wasn't all on him, but I did a lot of head scratching when it came to his D game planning. To my untrained eye, there wasn't a lot of innovation and halftime adjusting to what the other team was doing.</P>

Glad to know I"m not the only one. Haha.</P>

Lambeau12
07-10-2012, 06:24 PM
We played with a chip on our shoulder all year long but didnt repeat. The Giants did the same thing in 2008. You guys were probably the best team in the league that year or easily as good as the Steelers were who were champs that year. In fact I think you beat PIttsburgh in Pittsburgh that year.

appletree943
07-10-2012, 06:59 PM

Regardless of what our record was, we won the Super Bowl. The last time I recall a defending SB Champion being slighted this much was the Pats after they beat the rams. Green Bay also "got hot at the right time" and they were talking dynasty about them. Why can't the giants get similar love? Whenever a defending SB Champion actually gets better, they should get way more props than what the giants get right now. Our two time SB winning and two time SB MVP winning QB also does not get the respect they deserve. I understand where you're coming from. I can personally care less about the media. I also have no problem with people saying that they have it out for the giants. difference is the Packers were arguably the best team in the NFC in the regular because Aaron Rodgers missed 2 games(which they lost both) knocked them from 1st round bye to not having a single home game

2 different situations

Injuries are simply apart of the game. The giants also were missing key parts throughout last season. Ahmad Bradshaw himself missed a ton of time last season. The packers had to win their last two games to clinch a playoff spot as did the giants. Their situations were definitely similar in those regards. The giants pretty much come into this season healthier and better than the one that just won the super bowl. They should be at least guaranteed a playoff spot by ANALysts. No reason why that is such an impossible task for these so-called experts. im just saying the Packers going into that season were everybodys favorites for the Superbowl and played as such that season(10-4 with Aaron Rodgers) which is the reason ppl didnt see their season as such a fluke because they barely got in

Kase-1
07-10-2012, 08:23 PM

Dude are you drunk? People being banged up doesn't count in the NFL. Doesn't even count in High School football.

Osi isn't even a full time starter on this team and is known for being spotty against the run. JPP is clearly stronger against the run than Osi is. So how does Osi being out explain the run stop issues?

Ok Tuck wasn't healthy. What's to say he'll be healthy this year? News flash. Its football. NO ONE is healthy.

The Oline was shuffled around all season but it is true run game improved without Baas....and for the purposes of this conversation we don't even need to discuss offensive injuries since the offense wasn't the problem last season.

T2 was lost before week 1. And was replaced by a first round draft choice. I don't accept that as an exciuse.

Prince was in his rookie season. You can't miss what you never had. I don't accept that as an excuse.

You can say we got it together and dominated but if we wait until we lose 7 games to get it together this season we're going to be out of the playoffs.

My point isn't to argue weather these players are as good as adverstized. My point is:

Kiwi is a hell of a run stopper who played all 16 games but people ran all over us.

We made the mistake of letting Blackburn go in the first place especially since Goff went down. But don't get it twisted. Goff showed SIGNS that he MIGHT become a legit run stopper. He wasn't there yet. And racked up a WHOPPING 54 solos in 16 as starting MIKE which is pathetic. I think Demarcus Ware puts up better tackle stats.

Webster again. Not arguing how good is. Hell you can call him Revis if you want. The point is...He was on the field when VINCE YOUNG marched the ball 80 yards for the win.

Again with Phillips, my point isn't to argue how good or bad the player is. I think with the exception of Backer we're stacked on defense..despite this fact couldn't stop the run. Couldn't stop the pass.

Jwill showed promise. You've over-read the level of sarcasm in my post. The point is...IF ALL THESE GUYS ARE SO GOOD WHY THE HELL DID WE PERFORM SO POORLY????

Eli has said it. Now Herz has repeated it. They don't want to fall into the trap of thinking there's no room for improvement because they put a string of great games together.

You're either getting better or you're getting worse. And if you've got an excuse card up your sleve to explain everything away you're setting yourself up for failure.LOL, you're such a positive poster

JWill actually did show a ton of promise and if you didnt see it you're clearly missing something

T2 was lost and we replaced him with Ross who was one of our worst db's for years.

If our defense sucked so much then how did we wind up getting home field in the 1st round of the playoffs and win the super bowl?? It wasnt purely offense and special teams

Kiwi is a damned good run stopper but he cant stop every run play, your expectations are unreal

Im not even getting into Goff with you again, you're obviously nuts

Webster is easily one of the best CBs in the NFL and just because Vince Young had a good play when he was on the field doesnt mean a damned thing. Just because he's good doesnt mean he can stop every play on the field. Do you blame JPP for long pass td's??

Clearly we can get better in a few areas but we're not nearly as screwed as you like to think

Lambeau12
07-10-2012, 08:24 PM
We lost 15 players to injured reserve. I never expected to win it all that year. It is an amazing feeling still today.

GOBIGBLUE52
07-10-2012, 08:43 PM
We played with a chip on our shoulder all year long but didnt repeat. The Giants did the same thing in 2008. You guys were probably the best team in the league that year or easily as good as the Steelers were who were champs that year. In fact I think you beat PIttsburgh in Pittsburgh that year.

We did. We also beat Arizona in Arizona. That team might have been the best on paper I've ever seen (I mean for the giants, not across all teams) and had everything in place for a repeat...and then plaxico shot himself &gt;_&lt;. Not saying we would've done it, but still can't help but think about it.

Then again, without that we don't get Nicks and Manningham.

giantyankee1976
07-10-2012, 09:16 PM
since 2007 this has been the broken record recording for this era of Giants and us, the fans.

Enough already.

Bleed blue til you die, who gives a bleep what the others say.

Some of you are killing yourselves over BS said by people who's opinions amount to what you use that fancy paper in your bathroom for.

Doesn't matter if the naysayer is a former player, media personality, rival team's fan or your next door neighbor.

They can call it luck or whatever but all that matters is our guys got to hold aloft another Lombardi.

burier
07-11-2012, 01:26 PM

You're either getting better or you're getting worse. And if you've got an excuse card up your sleve to explain everything away you're setting yourself up for failure.LOL, you're such a positive poster

JWill actually did show a ton of promise and if you didnt see it you're clearly missing something

T2 was lost and we replaced him with Ross who was one of our worst db's for years.

If our defense sucked so much then how did we wind up getting home field in the 1st round of the playoffs and win the super bowl??* It wasnt purely offense and special teams

Kiwi is a damned good run stopper but he cant stop every run play, your expectations are unreal

Im not even getting into Goff with you again, you're obviously nuts

Webster is easily one of the best CBs in the NFL and just because Vince Young had a good play when he was on the field doesnt mean a damned thing.* Just because he's good doesnt mean he can stop every play on the field.* Do you blame JPP for long pass td's??

Clearly we can get better in a few areas but we're not nearly as screwed as you like to think

lol guy I intentionally used repetition in my post to be clear and you still didn't get it.

I'm not saying Jwill didn't show promise. Im saying we had the 27th ranked defense.

You're trying to blame injuries out of one side of your mouth and then your trying to say we still had all these great players on the field out of the other side of your mouth.

And it wasn't just VInce young who had a good play. It was Rex Grossman, Sam Bradford, Kevin Kolb, Charlie Whitehurst, Matt Moore and Ryan Fitzpatrick. They all had strong days against our defense.

And apparently Webster shouldn't be blamed for this but Ross should??? What kind of sense does that make?

True story. Matt Moore was actually picking on Webster in the first half of the Miami game and Webster got two Ints on Fitzpatrick because he got totally burnt and Fitz threw up an wounded duck. Webster contributed to the poor play just like anyone else in the secondary.

T2 didn't play at all this season so he doesn't help explain why we could shut people down in the playoff and couldn't stop a leak in the regular season...and He won't be any help this season either.

Every body on our team is damned good but we were ranked 27th.

And if I were you I wouldn't want to get into the Goff issue either. 54 solos is helluva elephant in the room.

Someone please explain why we were ranked 27th when despite the injuries we still had nothing but damned good players on the field....with the acception of Ross who can take all the blame since he's not on the team anymore.

Tuck is Damn Good

Linval is Damn good

Canty is Damn good

JPP is damn good

Boley is Damn Good

JWill is Damn Good

Webster is Damn good

Phillips is damn good.

So damn good that as a unit they ranked right in the damn basement of the NFL.

Now to be clear I do think we have good players but alot of our good players don't show up everyweek. *Cough*TUCK*Cough* and its not due to injury its due to something else. Laziness is my guess and it need to be addressed.

buddy33
07-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Lol. Yeah because having 1 good corner in a passing league is great right? Oh that's right that had lots of depth right? You mean Johnson? Witherspoon? Williams? Tyron? Oh yeah they where stacked at CB last year. So much so they where using a Safety out of position.

Easy to call someone lazy. Tuck is lazy? Really? The same guy who touched it out all year is lazy? Oh yeah, be ause you know what pain he was feeling in his kneck and groin. He had surgery in the off season. Sounds like he is a beast and a team leader. Not lazy.

burier
07-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Lol. Yeah because having 1 good corner in a passing league is great right? Oh that's right that had lots of depth right? You mean Johnson? Witherspoon? Williams? Tyron? Oh yeah they where stacked at CB last year. So much so they where using a Safety out of position.

Easy to call someone lazy. Tuck is lazy? Really? The same guy who touched it out all year is lazy? Oh yeah, be ause you know what pain he was feeling in his kneck and groin. He had surgery in the off season. Sounds like he is a beast and a team leader. Not lazy.

I'm pretty suree most teams would take our starting 2011 secondary over their own starting secondary. Case closed.

Well Tuck didn't tough anything out. Everytime we had an easy game on the schedule he took the week off. How is that toughing something out?

I don't know what kind of pain he felt in his groin but I don't need to know because he said himself that he was dogging it and not playing the game the way it is supposed to played. Do you watch football or do you just skim through it?

Here's a chain of events on Tuck.

Week 1: Says his neck hurts does not play in opener against....The Redskins.

Week 2: Monday night football and Spags dictate that Tucks neck is suddenly feeling better and Tuck plays. He records 1.5 sacks.

Week 3: Tuck's neck feels good enough to go but is a non factor against the hated EAGLES

Week 4: Tuck complains that people are pulling his face mask and hurting his neck. Tom Coughlin says he hasn't seen anything like that on film. Coughlin also says that Tuck is suffering more from a Groin injury than the neck injury. Tuck tells media that it might be a good idea if he sits out until the bye. Tuck decides that his neck and groin are too sore to play against THE CARDINALS.

WEEK 5: Still too sore to play against THE SEAHAWKS

WEEK 6: Still too sore to play against THE BILLS

week 7: BYE

WEEK 8: Tuck plays in the last game of the soft part of our schedule as a tuneup but is a nonfactor against THE DOLPHINS

(hold up hold up HOLD THE F UP!....Did you just take a 4 week vacation in the middle of the season and come back and still fail to perform?????? I wonder what would happen if Eli tried that.)

WEEK 9: Tuck magically seems back to his old self against THE PATRIOTS

WEEK 10: Tuck plays and is a nonfactor against the 49ERS

WEEK 11: Tuck plays and against by way of magic looks like his old self against the THE EAGLES.

Week 12: Tuck plays but is an embarassment against THE SAINTS.

Week 13: Tuck spends alot of time on the bench and actually waved Tolly back on the field because he didn't want to go back in yet. But overall looks fine against THE PACKERS

week 14: Tuck says a friend who has nothing to do with football called him and told him he's not playing football the way its supposed to be played. Tuck and the rest of the Dline spend 3 1/2 Quarters getting tossed around by THE COWBOYS.

Week 15: Someone cooked the stat book to log 7 tackles for Tuck and 4 solos. In reality the only Giants tackling anything was Jason Pierre Paul against the RED SKINS

Week 16: Because no beside JPP decided to show up on D against the Skins the Giants find themselves in yet another must win situation. Justin Tuck seems back to form against THE JETS

Week 17: Tuck was fine but Eli and the O basically solo'ed the game for the easy win.

And the rest is history.

Way too spotty to be called a leader. And it wasn't just this season either.

His first year as a started he started crying because he was recieving double teams and is infamous for comming out of key moments in games.

Morehead State
07-11-2012, 04:52 PM

I'm pretty suree most teams would take our starting 2011 secondary over their own starting secondary. Case closed.

Well Tuck didn't tough anything out. Everytime we had an easy game on the schedule he took the week off. How is that toughing something out?

I don't know what kind of pain he felt in his groin but I don't need to know because he said himself that he was dogging it and not playing the game the way it is supposed to played. Do you watch football or do you just skim through it?

Week 2: Monday night football and Spags dictate that Tucks neck is suddenly feeling better and Tuck plays. He records 1.5 sacks.

Week 3: Tuck's neck feels good enough to go but is a non factor against the hated EAGLES

Week 4: Tuck complains that people are pulling his face mask and hurting his neck. Tom Coughlin says he hasn't seen anything like that on film. Coughlin also says that Tuck is suffering more from a Groin injury than the neck injury. Tuck tells media that it might be a good idea if he sits out until the bye. Tuck decides that his neck and groin are too sore to play against THE CARDINALS.

WEEK 8: Tuck plays in the last game of the soft part of our schedule as a tuneup but is a nonfactor against THE DOLPHINS

(Did you just take a 4 week vacation in the middle of the season and come back and still fail to perform?????? I wonder what would happen if Eli tried that.)

WEEK 11: Tuck plays and against by way of magic looks like his old self against the THE EAGLES.

Week 13: Tuck spends alot of time on the bench and actually waved Tolly back on the field because he didn't want to go back in yet. But overall looks fine against THE PACKERS

week 14: Tuck says a friend who has nothing to do with football called him and told him he's not playing football the way its supposed to be played. Tuck and the rest of the Dline spend 3 1/2 Quarters getting tossed around by THE COWBOYS.

Week 15: Someone cooked the stat book to log 7 tackles for Tuck and 4 solos. In reality the only Giants tackling anything was Jason Pierre Paul against the RED SKINS

Week 16: Because no beside JPP decided to show up on D against the Skins the Giants find themselves in yet another must win situation. Justin Tuck seems back to form against THE JETS

Week 17: Tuck was fine but Eli and the O basically solo'ed the game for the easy win.

And the rest is history.

His first year as a started he started crying because he was recieving double teams and is infamous for comming out of key moments in games.
Clearly you have a lot of time on your hands. If you want something to do I have some stuff that needs to be done around the house.

wolfie
07-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Well here's what I think, as if anyone gives a good god %&amp;*.</P>

I've followed the Giants for more years than I can remember. Listening to the radio when Baltimore scoredand took the championship. Loving Sam Huff, Brad van Pelt, Rosey, Andy, Gifford, YA etc. </P>

With that being said... who cares what the others think, let's just play the freaking games and see what happens.Hey it's only July not January.</P>

i don't give a ****, it just baffles me
</P>

It drives me nuts too, but that's life being a Giants fan!</P>

burier
07-11-2012, 05:14 PM

(Did you just take a 4 week vacation in the middle of the season and come back and still fail to perform?????? I wonder what would happen if Eli tried that.)

And the rest is history.

Clearly you have a lot of time on your hands. If you want something to do I have some stuff that needs to be done around the house.

Says the guy with 25,000 posts

burier
07-11-2012, 05:14 PM

And the rest is history.

buddy33
07-11-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm sure most teams would want to have their #2 CB go down, their 1st round pick miss most of the season, along with Johnson, Witherspoon, Williams, and Tyron. I'm sure when you use a very good Safety to play out of position teams where only wishing they could do the same.

On to Tuck who is a great DE and a leader. He was hurt. In the pre season he was on a tear unil the Jets game. I remember the play. I saw him pull himself out of the game. He was hurt. He never said he wasn't hurt and that he was dogging it. He said he was afraid of getting hurt again and it got to him.

Not that any team should be taken lightly, but an elite player sitting out against what you would call lesser teams makes great sense. The guy played an entire season with an injured shoulder a couple of years ago.

Lol. He's not a team leader.

gmen0820
07-11-2012, 05:32 PM

Says the guy with 25,000 postsLol

burier
07-11-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm sure most teams would want to have their #2 CB go down, their 1st round pick miss most of the season, along with Johnson, Witherspoon, Williams, and Tyron. I'm sure when you use a very good Safety to play out of position teams where only wishing they could do the same.

On to Tuck who is a great DE and a leader. He was hurt. In the pre season he was on a tear unil the Jets game. I remember the play. I saw him pull himself out of the game. He was hurt. He never said he wasn't hurt and that he was dogging it. He said he was afraid of getting hurt again and it got to him.

Not that any team should be taken lightly, but an elite player sitting out against what you would call lesser teams makes great sense. The guy played an entire season with an injured shoulder a couple of years ago.

Lol. He's not a team leader.

I don't really want to go back and forth. You can make excuses if you want.

buddy33
07-11-2012, 05:45 PM
You see them as excuses and I see them as fact.

Morehead State
07-11-2012, 10:17 PM

And the rest is history.

Excellent point. But the posts are keeping me from my chores. So if you wouldn't mind...........