PDA

View Full Version : That Eli kid is pretty good

rebelfan1966
07-07-2012, 09:49 PM
I think it is safe to say that he has done a pretty good job in NY. Who cares if Tiki, Amani, The Cowboy fans, or anyone else thinks he is a 2nd or 3rd tier QB.....</P>

as long as the Giants keep winning Titles.... let the talking heads talk.</P>

miked1958
07-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I agree. We gave up a lot to make that trade with SD and at first it looked like a bad value. However it had paid off big time already and Eli isn't done yet. I think he earns a few more ring s before he hangs up his cleets for good

miked1958
07-08-2012, 12:03 PM
When it's all said and done he may not have the gaudy numbers that Bree's , Brady and Rodgers end up with but IMO I count SB titles not regular season MVPs and record breaking stats

jomo
07-08-2012, 12:11 PM
His numbers are actuallypretty gaudy......just missed 5,000 yards last year.</P>

He'll never be number 1 in a given year until we install a go to TE (Witten, Gronk etc) and a running back who can catch the ball and turn a broken play into a 35 yard catch and run for a TD. Wilson may be that guy by the way.</P>

Numbers don't mean much anyway. Rules change and philosophies change on both sides of the ball. 4,000 yards used to be the benchmark for "greatness" now it is almost also ran territory. does that mean that Joe Flacco is better than Roger Staubach? I think not.</P>

Our boy Eli has a nice little career going for himself. [;)]</P>

Firenugget
07-09-2012, 06:57 AM
His numbers are actuallypretty gaudy......just missed 5,000 yards last year.</p>

He'll never be number 1 in a given year until we install a go to TE (Witten, Gronk etc) and a running back who can catch the ball and turn a broken play into a 35 yard catch and run for a TD. Wilson may be that guy by the way.</p>

Numbers don't mean much anyway. Rules change and philosophies change on both sides of the ball. 4,000 yards used to be the benchmark for "greatness" now it is almost also ran territory. <u><font size="5">does that mean that Joe Flacco is better than Roger Staubach? </font></u>I think not.</p>

Our boy Eli has a nice little career going for himself. [;)]</p>

yes. [:O][:P]

giantyankee1976
07-09-2012, 07:18 AM
I think it is safe to say that he has done a pretty good job in NY. Who cares if Tiki, Amani, The Cowboy fans, or anyone else thinks he is a 2nd or 3rd tier QB.....</p>

as long as the Giants keep winning Titles.... let the talking heads talk.</p>

good post.

basically it boils down to the same old stuff.

there are League favorites and to be honest some QBs just project the "it factor."

That said Eli is Eli, with 2 SB wins under his belt, he could tank the remainder of his career and in my eyes, he's still been a great NY QB in my lifetime.

So like you stated, who cares what outsiders think. Be they former Giants or whatever.

SweetZombieJesus
07-09-2012, 08:09 AM
The man is good enough that I wouldn't take anybody else over him.

easterbeast
07-09-2012, 11:07 AM
toomer clearly must know that he is clouded in his thinking.

gumby742
07-09-2012, 11:51 AM
He certainly is. But, that's not good enough for some.

TuckYou
07-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Yeah he is. </P>

Now the question is, will RGIII lead the Redskins to superbowl titles with the mega trade they pulled off to get him. It was even more then what we gave up. A lot more. And they took the second QB taken. </P>