PDA

View Full Version : Giants Versus Saints, No Comparison

BlueBlitzer
07-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Inasmuch as how they do business with their QBs. Isn't Brees still looking for a long term contract. The QB is the most important player on your Team. As much as I would like to see the Saints implode ( And they've been doing a good job so far ) A SB winning QB who sets passing records, shouldn't have to stand in line waiting His turn to get a contract.

fourth&forever
07-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Do the bounty payouts count against the cap?

jomo
07-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Inasmuch as how they do business with their QBs. Isn't Brees still looking for a long term contract. The QB is the most important player on your Team. As much as I would like to see the Saints implode ( And they've been doing a good job so far ) A SB winning QB who sets passing records, shouldn't have to stand in line waiting His turn to get a contract.Who knows what he's thinking. He may see the situation as being bleak and therefore he's trying to force a trade of some sort through his demands.

jomo
07-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Do the bounty payouts count against the cap?[:)]

GMENAGAIN
07-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Inasmuch as how they do business with their QBs. Isn't Brees still looking for a long term contract. The QB is the most important player on your Team. As much as I would like to see the Saints implode ( And they've been doing a good job so far ) A SB winning QB who sets passing records, shouldn't have to stand in line waiting His turn to get a contract.</P>

So the Saints should pay him whatever he wants??? $100M per year if that's what it took?</P>

The Saints are not low-balling him. He has been offered $20M per year and is demanding $25M per year (when the team salary cap is $120M). The Saints are doing exactly what I would want my team to do.</P>

Joe Morrison
07-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Do the bounty payouts count against the cap?[:)]</P>

Nice</P>

jomo
07-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Inasmuch as how they do business with their QBs. Isn't Brees still looking for a long term contract. The QB is the most important player on your Team. As much as I would like to see the Saints implode ( And they've been doing a good job so far ) A SB winning QB who sets passing records, shouldn't have to stand in line waiting His turn to get a contract.</P>

So the Saints should pay him whatever he wants??? $100M per year if that's what it took?</P>

The Saints are not low-balling him. He has been offered $20M per year and is demanding $25M per year (when the team salary cap is $120M). The Saints are doing exactly what I would want my team to do.</P>Given how depleted the Saints are this year, I actually want Brees to stay there and suck as much money out of their cap as possible. He could hurt us more elsewhere.

Flip Empty
07-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Without Brees, the team would probably have to pack up shop and go into rebuild mode. Their offense can't be run by any old quarterback, and without a potent offense forcing opponents to abandon the run and take shots downfield, they'll get exposed.

The Saints need Brees more than he needs them. Pay him.

Ntegrase96
07-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Without Brees, the team would probably have to pack up shop and go into rebuild mode. Their offense can't be run by any old quarterback, and without a potent offense forcing opponents to abandon the run and take shots downfield, they'll get exposed.

The Saints need Brees more than he needs them. Pay him.

This... unless Spags turns that defense around. They actually have a few nice pieces on defense.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-09-2012, 12:33 PM
They just need a QB who can run the spread in NO. Guys like Colt Brennan and Case Keenum would probably do well in NO. They are basically a hybridized spread offense...
Brees is really good don't get me wrong, but I think he is partially a result of the system.

BlueBlitzer
07-09-2012, 07:01 PM

So the Saints should pay him whatever he wants???* $100M per year if that's what it took?</P>

The Saints are not low-balling him.* He has been offered $20M per year and is demanding $25M per year (when the team salary cap is $120M).* The Saints are doing exactly what I would want my team to do.</P>

How much money is a Super Bowl worth ? ( There's a question for the ages ) Well Dan Snyder must be nearing the Billion Dollar mark on the money He's spent trying to buy one. Yeah, pay the man.

Cue Enie Accorsi

" You never know how hard it is to find a really good QB, until you're forced to go looking for one. "

GMENAGAIN
07-09-2012, 09:30 PM

The Saints are not low-balling him. He has been offered $20M per year and is demanding $25M per year (when the team salary cap is $120M). The Saints are doing exactly what I would want my team to do.</P>

How much money is a Super Bowl worth ? ( There's a question for the ages ) Well Dan Snyder must be nearing the Billion Dollar mark on the money He's spent trying to buy one. Yeah, pay the man. Cue Enie Accorsi " You never know how hard it is to find a really good QB, until you're forced to go looking for one. "</P>

Although it is difficult to translate your post, it appears that your answer is "Yes", the Saints should pay Brees whatever he wants, even if it's $100M per year.</P>

You realize that there is a salary cap, right?</P>

Drez
07-09-2012, 09:58 PM
They just need a QB who can run the spread in NO. Guys like Colt Brennan and Case Keenum would probably do well in NO. They are basically a hybridized spread offense...
Brees is really good don't get me wrong, but I think he is partially a result of the system.

This right here. Brees is an excellent QB, but his success is as much Payton's system as it is because of his own skills. Take a look at his numbers before going to NO. They were decent (for the most part, particularly his last couple years there), but nothing like they have been since he got to NO.

miked1958
07-10-2012, 12:02 PM
You have to think they will get something done prior to season starting, but the longer it goes the worse it gets. You can't help but think either way this will leave a bad taste in his mouth towards the Saints ownership.

RagTime Blue
07-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Inasmuch as how they do business with their QBs. Isn't Brees still looking for a long term contract. The QB is the most important player on your Team. As much as I would like to see the Saints implode ( And they've been doing a good job so far ) A SB winning QB who sets passing records, shouldn't have to stand in line waiting His turn to get a contract.

The CBA is based on fairness (in theory). This time, it works against a player who could probably hold the team hostage if there was no franchise tag.

I'm sure it's frustrating to a point, but the CBA was made in part to prevent what he's trying to do.