PDA

View Full Version : Special Teams On Notice, Give Eli The Short Field

BlueBlitzer
07-10-2012, 09:53 PM
We know Eli can move the Offense " Coast To Coast " Heck, Victor Cruz can do it on one play. With a short field, He'll be Deadly.

miked1958
07-10-2012, 10:12 PM
We know Eli can move the Offense " Coast To Coast " Heck, Victor Cruz can do it on one play. With a short field, He'll be Deadly.Agreed

Breezely
07-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Giants' special teams a few years ago was horrific. The last couple of years it has been pretty decent. After the Philly thing, it seem as though the focus was to get better on special teams and I see the improvement. I believe this year it will continue to improve. I am expecting big things from the special teams unit this year.

ShakeNBake
07-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Giants' special teams a few years ago was horrific. The last couple of years it has been pretty decent. After the Philly thing, it seem as though the focus was to get better on special teams and I see the improvement. I believe this year it will continue to improve. I am expecting big things from the special teams unit this year.

We got rid of dodge, problem solved

rainierjef
07-11-2012, 03:01 AM

really now? what about the miss tackling?

fizzlestick
07-11-2012, 07:28 AM

And the bad snaps, and how his leg was just able to out kick the coverage.

Rat_bastich
07-11-2012, 07:34 AM

Nah, shoulder tackling is whats cool with all the young kids today.

Breezely
07-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Yes. Even with the spotty tackling , the special teams unit has improved significantly (In My Opinion).

The big plays against the unit seems to be getting smaller. (Credit Weatherford)

They have created turnovers. Matter of fact, a special teams turnover by the forty-niners propelled them into the Superbowl.

In summary, the special teams play seems to be on an upswing.

egyptian420
07-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Yes. Even with the spotty tackling , the special teams unit has improved significantly (In My Opinion).

The big plays against the unit seems to be getting smaller. (Credit Weatherford)

They have created turnovers. Matter of fact, a special teams turnover by the forty-niners propelled them into the Superbowl.

In summary, the special teams play seems to be on an upswing.
I agree, I loved our ST last year, mainly because of Weatherford, that guy played a huge role in our SB win.

I will say however, that our return game hasn't been the same since Hixon used to return them.

Kase-1
07-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Cant forget that Weatherford has been the unsung hero of our ST

07-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Wilson is legit at KO returns ...Hosley is legit at Punt Ret. I think that was def. considered when we picked them

TrueBlue@NYC
07-13-2012, 06:00 PM
The coverage units have improved with the addition of Weatherford and the kickoff getting moved up 5 yards. </P>

The return game needs to start making more positive impacts on the game rather than JUST making sure to hold onto the ball. </P>

Breezely
07-13-2012, 08:19 PM
The coverage units have improved with the addition of Weatherford and the kickoff getting moved up 5 yards. </P>

The return game needs to start making more positive impacts on the game rather than JUST making sure to hold onto the ball. </P>

That's an excellent post!!!!!!!! I did not think about the Kickoffs being closer might have helped the special team units.