PDA

View Full Version : The Giants CB Position

Antwuan
07-10-2012, 11:49 PM
How excited are you about seeing how the Giants CB Position plays out this season?

Corey Webster is one of the best CB's in the NFL. I like C-Web.

Terrell Thomas is coming back and hopefully he will be back to his 2010 form.

Prince Amukamara will be in his 2nd year and this could be a breakout season.

Jayron Hosley the rookie could be a contributor for the Giants this season.

What do you think about the Giants CB Position?

Rat_bastich
07-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Don't forget about Molden and Coe.

Antwuan
07-11-2012, 12:00 AM

Yea them too!

Yankees807
07-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Equally as excited about the linebacker position this year. If everyone stays healthy I think it's a strength for a change. Love the Rivers pickup if he stays on the field.

fourth&forever
07-11-2012, 12:25 AM

Yea them too!

& Bruce Johnson

ShakeNBake
07-11-2012, 01:16 AM
We have so much depth at CB, which is a good thing consider we tend to lose at least a few each season

Rat_bastich
07-11-2012, 01:43 AM
I'm wondering who will be the ultimate casualties in the backfield when all is said and done. I am also wondering if Prince comes in and eventually replaces Thomas. Maybe comes in and begins in nickel packages (even though that is supposed to be Hosley's forte')then eventually as a starting replacement.

TuckYou
07-11-2012, 12:00 PM
So far, this is what I think.</P>

1-CWeb
2-Prince
3-T2
4-Tryon
5-Hosely
6-Molden</P>

fighting Molden is Bruce Johnson and Michael Coe</P>

Ntegrase96
07-11-2012, 01:40 PM
I would be excited about Amukamara maturing because he seems like a potential elite corner, but other than that I don't see much with the Giants CBs.

MikeIsaGiant
07-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Stacking up on the position we lack/injury bug to

burier
07-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Not really sure what qualifies as one of the best. Does that mean like top 15?

Meh anyway Corey Webster is a good corner. Very solid.

I hope prince is ready to make some noise because T2 is over with.

Cool Papa B.
07-11-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm a little concerned about Amukamura's health. But overall I am excited about the Giants secondary.

buddy33
07-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Webster goes against the best and does a good job of it but stays under the radar. Good. I think Prince showed signs in the post season of why he was such a great pick. I'm not sold on TT yet. That's a serious injury to have and he has now had it twice to the same knee. Has anyone ever had their ACL I'm the same knee torn twice and played football at an elite level. The Giants have 2 players with that situation. I'm asking seriously. I never heard of it before.

b_ELI_eve
07-11-2012, 02:33 PM
After Cweb we are a bit exposed. We have talent and potential but nothing is a lock yet. Training camp should be interesting

giantsfan420
07-11-2012, 02:47 PM
i like our versatility and depth. we can play prince/webster on the outside, have Hosley play the slot, with T2 as the 3rd safety. Thats SICK imho, especially when its with Phillips and Rolle.

Than you got Tryon, Coe, and Molden rounding out the depth as young, talented players who can contribute to ST.

I think JR saw the WR's we'd have 1-4 and realized we may need to add more corners to play the ST roles that the wr's typically take.

Still seems to me tho that our DB will work best in man to man, but with Hosley at nickel and T2 at 3rd safety, the zone coverage should improve as well.

Im most excited with seeing Prince and Hosley tho. I think those two could be the starting duo of the future.

slipknottin
07-11-2012, 03:34 PM
I really think T2 should play a more Woodson type role. He is not a top outside CB. He is however, very physical and a great tackler. Id much rather see him matched up against TEs and more in the box than outside against WRs.

I think T2 could ultimately play that Grant role better than Grant ever did.

Prince as an outside CB, and Hosley as a slot guy both have ideal skill sets for the positions.

buddy33
07-11-2012, 04:57 PM
That sounds good to me. Still, I'm worried about TT and his knee. If he is good to go, that line up could be very good.

JJC7301
07-11-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm stoked about our CB's. Just stay healthy, is all.

JJC7301
07-11-2012, 04:59 PM
I really think T2 should play a more Woodson type role. He is not a top outside CB. He is however, very physical and a great tackler. Id much rather see him matched up against TEs and more in the box than outside against WRs.

I think T2 could ultimately play that Grant role better than Grant ever did.

Prince as an outside CB, and Hosley as a slot guy both have ideal skill sets for the positions.
Good thinking because I'm not crazy about T2's coverage skills, but he is physical and a good tackler like you stated. I like the idea.

GMAN8625
07-11-2012, 05:12 PM
lol, T2 is over with? You've been working out with him huh?

We have 3 solid starting corners, and excellent depth in Coe, Tryon, Johnson and Molden. There will be nice competition in camp.

miked1958
07-11-2012, 06:55 PM
We have so much depth at CB, which is a good thing consider we tend to lose at least a few each season
Hope that won't happen

07-11-2012, 07:45 PM
[I hope prince is ready to make some noise because T2 is over with.]

Why do you think T2 is over with?

buddy33
07-11-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm not ready to say TT is over with. However, has there even been a player in the NFL that has torn the same ACL twice and played effectively?

Serious question. I'm not saying he can't do it, I just don recall ever hearing a player did it. The Giants are counting on 2 guys doing it.

bLuereverie
07-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Always the position that draws the most perusing from me.

I definitely would not forget about Coe. I think this team has plenty of guys fit for the middle of the field, but I think Coe is one of the few suited for the outside in the event he needs to spell Webster or Prince for a few snaps.

RagTime Blue
07-12-2012, 09:18 AM
I get the impression that the Giants coaching staff took the "Strength in Numbers" approach to CB this training camp. Will any of them strike fear into the hearts of opposing QB's??? Not as it stands right now. But at least we have more NFL-caliber talent at the position than in recent memory.

NY_Eli
07-12-2012, 08:54 PM
I think Tryon could be a dark horse to work the slot