View Full Version : The Things ROMO is better at then ELI

TuckYou
07-11-2012, 12:17 PM
GOLF</P>

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/Romo%20Golf.jpg</P>

TuckYou
07-11-2012, 12:18 PM
PDAs</P>

http://hollywoodheadaches.pmpblogs.com/files/2009/07/jessica-simpson-tony-romo-255x300.jpg</P>

TuckYou
07-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Getting Injured</P>

http://www.kcconfidential.com/userfiles/image/Brandon's%20Pics/11_14tonyromo.jpg</P>

TuckYou
07-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Looking Like a Cool Guy</P>

http://www.videomedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tony-romo-candice-crawford.jpg</P>

TuckYou
07-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Screwing up Holds at very Important Times</P>

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1123/1086098649_03b230a92d.jpg</P>

dezzzR
07-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Screwing up Holds at very Important Times</p>

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1123/1086098649_03b230a92d.jpg</p>
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41577_21074131008_416106_n.jpg

IamGiantsfan
07-11-2012, 01:00 PM
being Tony
http://bluehouselives.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Tony-the-Tiger.jpg

Ntegrase96
07-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Vacationing

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/01/03/2/1331/13311615/f4/tony-romo-jessica-simpson-in-cabo.jpg

Ntegrase96
07-11-2012, 01:13 PM
And now my Cowboys fan side:

1. Better at playing with a lead
2. Better at not turning the ball over
3. Accuracy
4. Elusiveness
5. Improvisation

Drez
07-11-2012, 04:29 PM
And now my Cowboys fan side: 1. Better at playing with a lead</P>

He sure proved that against Detroit, didn't he?</P>

GmenFan1980
07-11-2012, 04:34 PM

He also proved it against the Jets....

Ntegrase96
07-11-2012, 05:07 PM

It was a collapse for sure... but including that game last year---

Romo--
With lead: 102.6 rating
When Tied: 101.8

The Detroit game is actually an anomaly considering it made up all 3 of the interceptions he threw when the Cowbys had the lead last season-- and yes... that's been a cosistent throughout his career.

By comparison

Eli:
With lead: 86.6 rating
When tied: 77.8

(also consistent over his career)

BlueBlooded1979
07-11-2012, 05:07 PM
And now my Cowboys fan side: 1. Better at playing with a lead</p>

He sure proved that against Detroit, didn't he?</p>

And the first Giant game this year.

And the Cardinals game this year.

Ntegrase96
07-11-2012, 05:09 PM

He was stripped at the goal line while sliding to the ground. But other than that. With the lead, Romo played great that game.

Of course he threw the interception to Revis at the end when the game was tied though.

Ntegrase96
07-11-2012, 05:10 PM
And now my Cowboys fan side: 1. Better at playing with a lead</p>

He sure proved that against Detroit, didn't he?</p>

And the first Giant game this year.

And the Cardinals game this year.

Way off...

Yankees807
07-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Until Romo WINS a SB (Not an nfc title game,Not a SB appearance,but WINS ONE) he will always always be remembered more for not winning the big game as opposed to his shiny regular season stats. it fair Bill Buckner is remembered for that one play when he had great stats his entire career? It is what it is lol WIN one for Dallas Tony and all the mocking will go away.

Ntegrase96
07-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Until Romo WINS a SB (Not an nfc title game,Not a SB appearance,but WINS ONE) he will always always be remembered more for not winning the big game as opposed to his shiny regular season stats. it fair Bill Buckner is remembered for that one play when he had great stats his entire career? It is what it is lol WIN one for Dallas Tony and all the mocking will go away.

Agreed.

If Romo wins one, there will be no question that he's elite.

miked1958
07-11-2012, 05:41 PM

Agreed.

If Romo wins one, there will be no question that he's elite.Yep. I mean look at the huge numbers and stats and Allstar appearances LeBron had up until this year when he finally broke through and won it all. Prior to this yr no one cared about the gaudy stats. The read on him was... Can't win the Big One...

miked1958
07-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Vacationing

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/01/03/2/1331/13311615/f4/tony-romo-jessica-simpson-in-cabo.jpgComing from a Dallas fan, that is funny

miked1958
07-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Hey I am a True Blue Homer Gmen lover. I am also a true fan and think our QB is the best out there. However I will be the first to admit I still laugh when I see the intros to a lot of our videos.. One has all the players saying "I'm all in.. Are you all in?" " All In" and they are all rough and gruff and when Eli comes on and says it he looks all goofy. Cracks me up. The other one is when he says "It's About the Gear".. Kills me everytime... I'm sure a lot of the guys on here will confirm this... But we wouldn't trade him for anyone

Yankees807
07-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Eli def has that goofy demeanor for sure lol But i wouldnt want any other qb with a chance to win the game on a last possession drive. Ice veins for sure! Many athletes simply can't handle those situations...he embraces it.That's hard to come by. Easy E!!!!!!!!!!!

Ntegrase96
07-11-2012, 05:52 PM

Agreed.

If Romo wins one, there will be no question that he's elite.Yep. I mean look at the huge numbers and stats and Allstar appearances LeBron had up until this year when he finally broke through and won it all. Prior to this yr no one cared about the gaudy stats. The read on him was... Can't win the Big One...

It's a pretty good analogy.

Of course, LeBron is obviously the best player in the NBA and he has been for the last few years.

If Romo wins a championship, he won't be considered the best player in the NFL.-- just among the best.

LeBron on the other hand is already cracking people's top 15s of all time.

egyptian420
07-11-2012, 06:00 PM
I still to this day think Romo is statistically better than Eli game in an game out. His TD-INT ratio is almost always better than Eli's.

The thing about Romo is he's the anti-clutch. Something always happens (sometimes it's not even his fault, it could be his defense) to de-rail the Cowboys. And more often than not, he gets the blame.

And that's what I love about Eli, it might not be pretty, but he gets the job done in the clutch. I wouldn't trade Eli for Romo or even Brady.

Joe Morrison
07-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Eli def has that goofy demeanor for sure lol But i wouldnt want any other qb with a chance to win the game on a last possession drive. Ice veins for sure! Many athletes simply can't handle those situations...he embraces it.That's hard to come by. Easy E!!!!!!!!!!!</P>

That goofy deameanor is long gone, that was there two years ago when he threw 27 ints, last year he took command, got on people for not paying attention to detail and made them all accountable.</P>

Yankees807
07-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Didn't necessarily mean on the field. Even off the field bc he's so laid back people take his expressions that way. And I would hope any qb in their 8th full yr starting would get in their players face when they mess up.

miked1958
07-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Eli def has that goofy demeanor for sure lol But i wouldnt want any other qb with a chance to win the game on a last possession drive. Ice veins for sure! Many athletes simply can't handle those situations...he embraces it.That's hard to come by. Easy E!!!!!!!!!!!</P>

That goofy deameanor is long gone, that was there two years ago when he threw 27 ints, last year he took command, got on people for not paying attention to detail and made them all accountable.</P>Well judging by the scan of the sidelines before the SB started, Eli looked focused, determined, ready and mean. Brady looked unfocused, terrified, and timid.. Lol

Drez
07-13-2012, 10:46 AM

That goofy deameanor is long gone, that was there two years ago when he threw 27 ints, last year he took command, got on people for not paying attention to detail and made them all accountable.</P>

</P>

He only threw 25.</P>

Giants10Joe
07-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Getting back on topic, Romo is better at inspiring loyalty in his wide receivers

http://www.askkissy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/terrell_owens_crying.jpg

wolfie
07-13-2012, 12:20 PM
I said this before, stats are just that, stats. Romo has an all-pro tight end who will one day be in the hall. Take Whitten out of the mix, and give Romo an average tight end like Eli has had and his stats will drop big-time. Having Whitten opens everything up for Romo, and if you don't think it does, you haven't been watching the same games I have. He's Romo's check down and probably leads the team in receptions every year. At least it seems that ways.</P>

Anyway, put Whitten in his prime, on the Giants and Eli would have the almighty stats, and three rings by now.</P>

jomo
07-13-2012, 12:41 PM
And now my Cowboys fan side: 1. Better at playing with a lead 2. Better at not turning the ball over 3. Accuracy 4. Elusiveness 5. ImprovisationI'll give you elusiveness and improvisation but not accuracy or turning the ball over. The ball comes out of Romo's hand funny when he's passing and sometimes just when he is standing back there. I wouldn't extrapolate # of interceptions into "accuracy".</P>

He has also been much less effective against teams who's learned how to keep him in the pocket. He is most dangerous when he gets outside the pocket and makes up a play,</P>

Ntegrase96
07-13-2012, 01:54 PM
And now my Cowboys fan side: 1. Better at playing with a lead 2. Better at not turning the ball over 3. Accuracy 4. Elusiveness 5. ImprovisationI'll give you elusiveness and improvisation but not accuracy or turning the ball over. The ball comes out of Romo's hand funny when he's passing and sometimes just when he is standing back there. I wouldn't extrapolate # of interceptions into "accuracy".</P>

He has also been much less effective against teams who's learned how to keep him in the pocket. He is most dangerous when he gets outside the pocket and makes up a play,</P>

I would. I realize there are factors that can alter stats, but the consistent trend is hard to argue with.

He's consistently had a better completion percentage and less interceptions.

The ball comes out of his hands 'funny' because he he can get the ball out quicker than just about any QB in the league.

Meanwhile, Eli throws quite a few 'wobblers' and sails the ball even still today.

Granted, Eli's got the arm strength. I think sometimes that makes it seem like he's more accurate. I'll say that he can throw an out route better than Romo for sure.

That's what I've based my decision on

Ntegrase96
07-13-2012, 02:03 PM
I said this before, stats are just that, stats. Romo has an all-pro tight end who will one day be in the hall. Take Whitten out of the mix, and give Romo an average tight end like Eli has had and his stats will drop big-time. Having Whitten opens everything up for Romo, and if you don't think it does, you haven't been watching the same games I have. He's Romo's check down and probably leads the team in receptions every year. At least it seems that ways.</P>

Anyway, put Whitten in his prime, on the Giants and Eli would have the almighty stats, and three rings by now.</P>

The legend of Eli continues to be inflated around here.

Eli is a big reason why the Giants have won 2 superbowls, but he isn't the only one.

Based on his production, and I mean production and not stats, he wasn't considered to be a top QB until 2009 when he stepped out of his 'bus driver' role.

The team was on his shoulders and the Giants failed to make the playoffs the next 2 years.

Look, I'm as impressed with Eli's performance last year as anyone. But let's not pretend Eli has been great for the majority of his career and only a few pieces away from more championships in past years.

If anything, it was the defense that was lacking a few pieces.

jomo
07-13-2012, 02:19 PM

He has also been much less effective against teams who's learned how to keep him in the pocket. He is most dangerous when he gets outside the pocket and makes up a play,</P> I would. I realize there are factors that can alter stats, but the consistent trend is hard to argue with. He's consistently had a better completion percentage and less interceptions. The ball comes out of his hands 'funny' because he he can get the ball out quicker than just about any QB in the league. Meanwhile, Eli throws quite a few 'wobblers' and sails the ball even still today. Granted, Eli's got the arm strength. I think sometimes that makes it seem like he's more accurate. I'll say that he can throw an out route better than Romo for sure. That's what I've based my decision onA longer period of analysis is useful but not as useful as having a great TE to go to when nothing else is open plus the 'boys have had MUCh better options out of the backfield. If you've watched the Giants much over the past 5 years you know that Jacobs simply dropped many a 3 yard pass and AB was only marginally better. Eli was also plagued over a 3 year period (before last year) with a boat load of tipped passed leading to interceptions. These impacted passing % AND interception. Further if you break down the tape you will find the majority were definitely on the receiver rather than Eli putting one of those floaters out there. I can't give you the accuracy thing based on completion % and/or interceptions. Your boy sure is elusive though, just like those playoff wins. [;)] Sorry, that was too easy.

TuckYou
07-13-2012, 02:41 PM

The legend of Eli continues to be inflated around here. Eli is a big reason why the Giants have won 2 superbowls, but he isn't the only one. Based on his production, and I mean production and not stats, he wasn't considered to be a top QB until 2009 when he stepped out of his 'bus driver' role. The team was on his shoulders and the Giants failed to make the playoffs the next 2 years. Look, I'm as impressed with Eli's performance last year as anyone.</P>

So when the Giants are doing well it sthe defense, but when they arent it is Eli's fault? Uh, Eli carried this team more then ever last season. The defense gave up 400 points, the running game was last in the league, we didnt have any real TE, our Oline was crap.... Did you see what Eli did in the playoffsin 2007-08? Here let me get it for you, 854 yards, 6 TDs, 1INT (Steve Smith drop in Superbowl at 5 yard line). Or how about 2011's playoffs? NFL record 1,219 yards, 9 TDs and 1 INT. Eli carried this team 2x in the playoffs (even though in 2007 the defense was spectacular), and came away with 2 championships. Now, no QB can win it all himself. Tom Brady's SB record is completely exaggerated. The MVP was the kicker. 3 SBs won by a FG everytime. Dont forget about that Tuck Rule that got the ball rolling. See, things like that can make or break a QBs reputation and it really doesnt have much to do with that QB. </P>

Saying the team was on his shoulders and the team failed to make the playoffs because of it is ridiculous. </P>

Eli also had to deal with some HUGE egos in NY when he was young and developing which stunted his growth IMO. Tiki? Shockey? Funny when those guys left, Eli flourished, isnt it?</P>

Ntegrase96
07-13-2012, 03:12 PM

He has also been much less effective against teams who's learned how to keep him in the pocket. He is most dangerous when he gets outside the pocket and makes up a play,</P> I would. I realize there are factors that can alter stats, but the consistent trend is hard to argue with. He's consistently had a better completion percentage and less interceptions. The ball comes out of his hands 'funny' because he he can get the ball out quicker than just about any QB in the league. Meanwhile, Eli throws quite a few 'wobblers' and sails the ball even still today. Granted, Eli's got the arm strength. I think sometimes that makes it seem like he's more accurate. I'll say that he can throw an out route better than Romo for sure. That's what I've based my decision onA longer period of analysis is useful but not as useful as having a great TE to go to when nothing else is open plus the 'boys have had MUCh better options out of the backfield. If you've watched the Giants much over the past 5 years you know that Jacobs simply dropped many a 3 yard pass and AB was only marginally better. Eli was also plagued over a 3 year period (before last year) with a boat load of tipped passed leading to interceptions. These impacted passing % AND interception. Further if you break down the tape you will find the majority were definitely on the receiver rather than Eli putting one of those floaters out there. I can't give you the accuracy thing based on completion % and/or interceptions. Your boy sure is elusive though, just like those playoff wins. [;)] Sorry, that was too easy.

...Well I just lowered the shields for that one, didn't I?

[b]

Ntegrase96
07-13-2012, 03:30 PM

The legend of Eli continues to be inflated around here. Eli is a big reason why the Giants have won 2 superbowls, but he isn't the only one. Based on his production, and I mean production and not stats, he wasn't considered to be a top QB until 2009 when he stepped out of his 'bus driver' role. The team was on his shoulders and the Giants failed to make the playoffs the next 2 years. Look, I'm as impressed with Eli's performance last year as anyone.</P>

So when the Giants are doing well it sthe defense, but when they arent it is Eli's fault? Uh, Eli carried this team more then ever last season. The defense gave up 400 points, the running game was last in the league, we didnt have any real TE, our Oline was crap.... Did you see what Eli did in the playoffs*in 2007-08? Here let me get it for you, 854 yards, 6 TDs, 1INT (Steve Smith drop in Superbowl at 5 yard line). Or how about 2011's playoffs? NFL record 1,219 yards, 9 TDs and 1 INT. Eli carried this team 2x in the playoffs (even though in 2007 the defense was spectacular), and came away with 2 championships. Now, no QB can win it all himself. Tom Brady's SB record is completely exaggerated. The MVP was the kicker. 3 SBs won by a FG everytime. Dont forget about that Tuck Rule that got the ball rolling. See, things like that can make or break a QBs reputation and it really doesnt have much to do with that QB. </P>

Saying the team was on his shoulders and the team failed to make the playoffs because of it is ridiculous. </P>

Eli also had to deal with some HUGE egos in NY when he was young and developing which stunted his growth IMO. Tiki? Shockey? Funny when those guys left, Eli flourished, isnt it?</P>

I'm not throwing the age old argument out there that Eli wasn't the reason that the Giants won the first superbowl.

He was a BIG part of that.

I'm not giving the defense credit, nor am I taking any credit away from Eli's season last year and post season performances.

I AM saying that adding a Jason Witten type player wouldn't have pushed Eli into the uper echelon of quarterbacks sooner and propelled the Giants to more super bowls.

Here's how I see it:

-Eli was down right awful up until the 2007 playoffs-- but he played a nice bus driver role and this is about the time he solidified himself as 'clutch'-- although there were hints of that early in his career (and hints to the contrary as well).

-2008 the run game and defense carried the team until Plaxico Burress shot himself and then teams started stacking the box. The Eagles dared Eli to beat them with his arm and how did he respond? 15/29 169 5.8 0 2

-2009 is when Eli came on and the Giants were solely on his shoulders. But the defense under Sherridan was horrendous. He put up a lot of yard, but a lot of turnovers as well-- 2010 was a similar story as well.

-2011-- He played great and was a big proponent to the Giants superbowl championship.

My contention is that an all pro tight end wouldn't have helped him much in his early career since he was awful... Wouldn't have helped him against Philadelphia in the playoffs. And he needed more defense, not Jason Witten, to make te playoffs in 2009 and 2010.

More weapons would have helped Eli, but I contend that the Giants weren't truly "Eli's team" until 2009 and it wasn't until last year that Eli's skills developed to where he could be one of those QBs that can just outscore the majority of others.

TuckYou
07-13-2012, 04:09 PM

So when the Giants are doing well it sthe defense, but when they arent it is Eli's fault? Uh, Eli carried this team more then ever last season. The defense gave up 400 points, the running game was last in the league, we didnt have any real TE, our Oline was crap.... Did you see what Eli did in the playoffsin 2007-08? Here let me get it for you, 854 yards, 6 TDs, 1INT (Steve Smith drop in Superbowl at 5 yard line). Or how about 2011's playoffs? NFL record 1,219 yards, 9 TDs and 1 INT. Eli carried this team 2x in the playoffs (even though in 2007 the defense was spectacular), and came away with 2 championships. Now, no QB can win it all himself. Tom Brady's SB record is completely exaggerated. The MVP was the kicker. 3 SBs won by a FG everytime. Dont forget about that Tuck Rule that got the ball rolling. See, things like that can make or break a QBs reputation and it really doesnt have much to do with that QB. </P>

I'm not throwing the age old argument out there that Eli wasn't the reason that the Giants won the first superbowl. He was a BIG part of that. I'm not giving the defense credit, nor am I taking any credit away from Eli's season last year and post season performances. I AM saying that adding a Jason Witten type player wouldn't have pushed Eli into the uper echelon of quarterbacks sooner and propelled the Giants to more super bowls. Here's how I see it: -Eli was down right awful up until the 2007 playoffs-- but he played a nice bus driver role and this is about the time he solidified himself as 'clutch'-- although there were hints of that early in his career (and hints to the contrary as well). -2008 the run game and defense carried the team until Plaxico Burress shot himself and then teams started stacking the box. The Eagles dared Eli to beat them with his arm and how did he respond? 15/29 169 5.8 0 2 -2009 is when Eli came on and the Giants were solely on his shoulders. But the defense under Sherridan was horrendous. He put up a lot of yard, but a lot of turnovers as well-- 2010 was a similar story as well. -2011-- He played great and was a big proponent to the Giants superbowl championship. My contention is that an all pro tight end wouldn't have helped him much in his early career since he was awful... Wouldn't have helped him against Philadelphia in the playoffs. And he needed more defense, not Jason Witten, to make te playoffs in 2009 and 2010. More weapons would have helped Eli, but I contend that the Giants weren't truly "Eli's team" until 2009 and it wasn't until last year that Eli's skills developed to where he could be one of those QBs that can just outscore the majority of others.</P>

So basically, what you are saying is Eli went through a natural progression of a QB in the NFL, going from awful to elite in 8 years. Thats what the great QBs do. They dont all start out great and elite. Natural progression. And obviously the team wasnt Eli's Team until 2009ish. He was still a young QB developing and growing. I think Eli changed into the Eli of now as soon as the Vets around him started to get younger then himself. When he first arrived, everyone wanted to keep Warner at QB and were like, look at this kid. He sucks. He didnt have control. 07 he stepped up, but you are right, it wasnt till after that, after Tiki, after Plax, after Toomer, after Strahan, that he became the leader and elite QBhe is now. </P>

<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">And if he progressed from awful to elite in 8 years, where does he go in the next 5-6 years? He seems to be only getting better. He won a superbowl with Toomer, Smith, Plax and Boss, and then with Nicks, Cruz, Manningham and Ballard. Completely new cast of players. </FONT></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">A lot of your other points are bogus too. What QB makes the playoffs every single year anyway? Or wins every playoff game he ever played. Of course Eli has his bad games. Doesnt mean his skill level was low or something. That Eagles playoff game, the wind was whipping like crazy and Eli doesnt have the arm to rip through the crossing Meadowland winds at times. It happens. What would be amazing is if Eli played in a dome like Romo. His numbers would be through the roof.</FONT></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Take Drew Brees as an example. He is way better in the superdome then outside it. </FONT></SPAN></P>

jomo
07-13-2012, 04:27 PM

He has also been much less effective against teams who's learned how to keep him in the pocket. He is most dangerous when he gets outside the pocket and makes up a play,</P> I would. I realize there are factors that can alter stats, but the consistent trend is hard to argue with. He's consistently had a better completion percentage and less interceptions. The ball comes out of his hands 'funny' because he he can get the ball out quicker than just about any QB in the league. Meanwhile, Eli throws quite a few 'wobblers' and sails the ball even still today. Granted, Eli's got the arm strength. I think sometimes that makes it seem like he's more accurate. I'll say that he can throw an out route better than Romo for sure. That's what I've based my decision onA longer period of analysis is useful but not as useful as having a great TE to go to when nothing else is open plus the 'boys have had MUCh better options out of the backfield. If you've watched the Giants much over the past 5 years you know that Jacobs simply dropped many a 3 yard pass and AB was only marginally better. Eli was also plagued over a 3 year period (before last year) with a boat load of tipped passed leading to interceptions. These impacted passing % AND interception. Further if you break down the tape you will find the majority were definitely on the receiver rather than Eli putting one of those floaters out there. I can't give you the accuracy thing based on completion % and/or interceptions. Your boy sure is elusive though, just like those playoff wins. [;)] Sorry, that was too easy. ...Well I just lowered the shields for that one, didn't I? [b]I can't hit a fastball anymore but a slow pitch beach ball, that's another story. Thanks for helping my slugging percentage Ntegrase96. [B]

Ntegrase96
07-13-2012, 05:45 PM
So basically, what you are saying is Eli went through a natural progression of a QB in the NFL, going from awful to elite in 8 years. Thats what the great QBs do. They dont all start out great and elite. Natural progression. And obviously the team wasnt Eli's Team until 2009ish. He was still a young QB developing and growing. I think Eli changed into the Eli of now as soon as the Vets around him started to get younger then himself. When he first arrived, everyone wanted to keep Warner at QB and were like, look at this kid. He sucks. He didnt have control. 07 he stepped up, but you are right, it wasnt till after that, after Tiki, after Plax, after Toomer, after Strahan, that he became the leader and elite QB*he is now. </P>

<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">And if he progressed from awful to elite in 8 years, where does he go in the next 5-6 years? He seems to be only getting better. He won a superbowl with Toomer, Smith, Plax and Boss, and then with Nicks, Cruz, Manningham and Ballard. Completely new cast of players. </FONT></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">A lot of your other points are bogus too. What QB makes the playoffs every single year anyway? Or wins every playoff game he ever played. Of course Eli has his bad games. Doesnt mean his skill level was low or something. That Eagles playoff game, the wind was whipping like crazy and Eli doesnt have the arm to rip through the crossing Meadowland winds at times. It happens. What would be amazing is if Eli played in a dome like Romo. His numbers would be through the roof.</FONT></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Take Drew Brees as an example. He is way better in the superdome then outside it. </FONT></SPAN></P>

Basically... yes! We're pretty much in agreement. Eli went through a natural progession of a QB.

He could get even better in the coming years since there is definitely room for improvement in the turnover department.

But you have to realize what I'm responding to is the notion that Eli would have three superbowl rings and have all kinds of great stats to go along with it with the aid of a player like Jason Witten.

I just disagree with it. In no way is Eli a guy who just needed more weapons to succeed. It's taken him this natural progression to get to the point of where he is, but he's always had weapons. It just wasn't until 2009 that he took on a new role of an 'air it out' QB-- Maybe the coaches liked his new attitude and trusted him more since there weren't larger personalities on the team trying to dwarf young Manning. More weapons would not have helped him that year either.

The second part is what I disagree with. The points I've made to counter the very specific aforemention notion directly corresponded.

On a separate note, in response to you:

As I've tried to point out before, Eli doesn't particularly play better indoors than outdoors. Take for instance, both games against the Cowboys this year. Both Romo AND Eli's numbers were fairly consistent regardless of the contrast between the Dome in Arlington and the December winds in New Jersey.

Opponents affect production more so than climate.

kory da man
07-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Couldnt have said it better myself ...eli has "it" romo...well he doesnt...nuff said

Joe Morrison
07-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Playing with the lead, that's a nice luxary, how about when you don't have the lead and only 2 minutes left and you win the game, that's impressive.

fourth&forever
07-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Ntegrase96, its really a WIN-WIN situation. You are happy Tony is your QB. And we are happy about it too. Hope he remains at your helm for a very long time.

Ntegrase96
07-14-2012, 03:28 PM
True. Don't get me wrong, there are other qbs that I'd take over romo, and I agree that Eli is a better QB at this point-- but romo is our QB and I'll defend... Bash him amongst cowboys fans, but that's different because we've all seen every snap he's taken and know the guy can play and is a top 6-8 QB. But I'll defend him when the criticisms are outrageous.

fourth&forever
07-14-2012, 08:21 PM
True. Don't get me wrong, there are other qbs that I'd take over romo, and I agree that Eli is a better QB at this point-- but romo is our QB and I'll defend... Bash him amongst cowboys fans, but that's different because we've all seen every snap he's taken and know the guy can play and is a top 6-8 QB. But I'll defend him when the criticisms are outrageous.
So where do the criticisms from boys fans fall? I mean is Romo getting blamed for your woes? Or Jerry? Garrett? Ryan? Or the whole team? Curious who the whipping boy is (if any).

JPP
07-14-2012, 11:24 PM

The legend of Eli continues to be inflated around here.

Eli is a big reason why the Giants have won 2 superbowls, but he isn't the only one.

Based on his production, and I mean production and not stats, he wasn't considered to be a top QB until 2009 when he stepped out of his 'bus driver' role.

The team was on his shoulders and the Giants failed to make the playoffs the next 2 years.

Look, I'm as impressed with Eli's performance last year as anyone. But let's not pretend Eli has been great for the majority of his career and only a few pieces away from more championships in past years.

If anything, it was the defense that was lacking a few pieces.

The bigger point is that all we ever hear about it how talented a team Dallas is, so at what point is Romo just "bus driving" as you so elegantly put it?

Most of us believe in Eli so much because he has shown progression throughout his career. Most people look at the stats and say it isn't even comparable when in reality Eli seems to be hitting his Prime and where as Romo has teetered around the same point. I don't think Romo is at fault for everything like some do but I do believe he is pretty overrated for someone who has supposedly had all the tools it always seems like there is just another excuse.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-14-2012, 11:35 PM
To the Poop fan...

Only stat I need to prove Eli is better is

Eli- 2
rHomo- 0

Only stat I need.

I could make the argument that Brady is the only QB better than Eli based on that... but in head to head,
Eli- 2
Brady- 0

my rank of QB's

1. Brady and Eli tied
2. Roethlisberger
3. Rodgers
4. Peyton
5. Brees
Then there is a massive talent disparity between the next group of guys and they are essentially irrelevant.
Guys with potential to make the elite list:
Newton, Stafford (if he can stay healthy).

Everyone else shouldn't even be in the same conversation as those guys. All of the other starting QB's in the league are backups on championship teams.

Romo is much better at losing than Eli is.

TuckYou
07-15-2012, 02:38 AM
To the Poop fan...

Eli- 2
rHomo- 0

Only stat I need.

I could make the argument that Brady is the only QB better than Eli based on that... but in head to head,
Eli- 2
Brady- 0

my rank of QB's

1. Brady and Eli tied
2. Roethlisberger
3. Rodgers
4. Peyton
5. Brees
Then there is a massive talent disparity between the next group of guys and they are essentially irrelevant.*

Everyone else shouldn't even be in the same conversation as those guys.* All of the other starting QB's in the league are backups on championship teams.

Ha, in my opinion, your list is terrible.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-15-2012, 03:30 AM
To the Poop fan...

Eli- 2
rHomo- 0

Only stat I need.

Eli- 2
Brady- 0

my rank of QB's

1. Brady and Eli tied
2. Roethlisberger
3. Rodgers
4. Peyton
5. Brees
Then there is a massive talent disparity between the next group of guys and they are essentially irrelevant.

Everyone else shouldn't even be in the same conversation as those guys. All of the other starting QB's in the league are backups on championship teams.

that's fine man... at the end of the day I predict Eli will have the most rings out of all of them on the list.

I'll add Flacco, Dalton, and Ryan to the list of potentials as well. Flacco is going to win a Superbowl. However, those 9 guys are the only guys in the NFL this season who have potential to win a Superbowl (or another) in their respective careers. The only unknowns are guys who were drafted this year. The other 20 starting QB's are backups on those 10 guys' teams AKA teams who will win Superbowls.

The losers:
Romo.... lol. I'd only put him on my team if I wanted to guarantee not winning important games. Watching him play I always feel it's safe to assume he won't go very far, and I am right about that. Danny White part II
Vick... talented but is more fragile than a 90 year old with AIDS and every kind of cancer
RG3... don't know
Luck... don't know
Locker... don't know
Freeman... lol
Schaub... injury prone and an interception waiting to happen when healthy
Gabbert... BWAHAHAHAHAHA
Ponder.. sucks
Cutler... Anyone remember Jaworski?
Palmer... BWAHAHAHAHAAHA
Seattle's QBs... riiiiight..
Alex Smith... Who?
Tebow or Sanchez... Tebow can if Jesus is ready to do something more miraculous than water to wine.. Sanchez if everyone else in the league gets struck by a meteor with the exception of the Jags (he can beat them)
Cassell... I'll pass
Bradford.. He is worth maybe 1/100th of his contract on a good day
McCoy... Not an NFL guy.
Fitzpatrick... my favorite of the losers, may make a viable replacement for Carr behind Eli someday
Rivers... His best shot was when Tomlinson was still great and he blew it. Now he has nobody to make him look better than he is.. and he is a loser.
Miami.. lololololololol haven't had a QB since Marino left.

The potentials:
Dalton: much promise. He will win one someday.
Stafford: If he can stay healthy he will give Rodgers a run for his money as best statistical QB in that division.. can that translate to playoff success?
Flacco.. 4 playoff appearances and 2 AFC champ games in 4 years? this kid will win 1 or even 2 championships
Ryan... Has great talent but has a young Eli problem of falling apart at the end of the season. If he can overcome that then he can be on the list of elites
Newton... he is a freak of talent and it translated to some offensive success. This year I expect him to be a beast

The Elites:
Roethlisberger... 2 rings. Only stat I need
Rodgers... 1 ring and a solid 24 game stretch in his career. However outside of those 24 games he was very very average. If he is great this year he is the best... however I think we will see some pre playoff run 2010 Rodgers this year as his obvious ****iness gets to his head. 1 ring
Peyton... One of the best ever. As long as he plays he will be considered elite. 1 ring and did I mention that Peyton Manning was the Colts?
Brees.. Probably the best stat padder ever (Marino was damn good at it) and good at winning... 1 ring. hey it works for him.
Brady... 3 rings and 2 GIANT losses.. however, the 3 rings are the only argument I need.
Eli AKA ELIte, Easy E, Big Easy... 2 rings, 18-1 Patriots, helmet catch, 25 come from behind victories. There is only one person in NFL history I would take over Eli if my team was down with under 2 minutes left and we needed a touchdown and that is Joe Montana. Eli is the second most clutch QB ever.

You can't go wrong with any of the elites as your starter with the exception of Brees if you aren't running a pass happy, stat padding offense. Brees would be terrible on cold weather teams. The losers will never win.

Roswell777
07-15-2012, 04:09 AM

So when the Giants are doing well it sthe defense, but when they arent it is Eli's fault? Uh, Eli carried this team more then ever last season. The defense gave up 400 points, the running game was last in the league, we didnt have any real TE, our Oline was crap.... Did you see what Eli did in the playoffs*in 2007-08? Here let me get it for you, 854 yards, 6 TDs, 1INT (Steve Smith drop in Superbowl at 5 yard line). Or how about 2011's playoffs? NFL record 1,219 yards, 9 TDs and 1 INT. Eli carried this team 2x in the playoffs (even though in 2007 the defense was spectacular), and came away with 2 championships. Now, no QB can win it all himself. Tom Brady's SB record is completely exaggerated. The MVP was the kicker. 3 SBs won by a FG everytime. Dont forget about that Tuck Rule that got the ball rolling. See, things like that can make or break a QBs reputation and it really doesnt have much to do with that QB. </P>

I'm not throwing the age old argument out there that Eli wasn't the reason that the Giants won the first superbowl. He was a BIG part of that. I'm not giving the defense credit, nor am I taking any credit away from Eli's season last year and post season performances. I AM saying that adding a Jason Witten type player wouldn't have pushed Eli into the uper echelon of quarterbacks sooner and propelled the Giants to more super bowls. Here's how I see it: -Eli was down right awful up until the 2007 playoffs-- but he played a nice bus driver role and this is about the time he solidified himself as 'clutch'-- although there were hints of that early in his career (and hints to the contrary as well). -2008 the run game and defense carried the team until Plaxico Burress shot himself and then teams started stacking the box. The Eagles dared Eli to beat them with his arm and how did he respond? 15/29 169 5.8 0 2 -2009 is when Eli came on and the Giants were solely on his shoulders. But the defense under Sherridan was horrendous. He put up a lot of yard, but a lot of turnovers as well-- 2010 was a similar story as well. -2011-- He played great and was a big proponent to the Giants superbowl championship. My contention is that an all pro tight end wouldn't have helped him much in his early career since he was awful... Wouldn't have helped him against Philadelphia in the playoffs. And he needed more defense, not Jason Witten, to make te playoffs in 2009 and 2010. More weapons would have helped Eli, but I contend that the Giants weren't truly "Eli's team" until 2009 and it wasn't until last year that Eli's skills developed to where he could be one of those QBs that can just outscore the majority of others.</P>

So basically, what you are saying is Eli went through a natural progression of a QB in the NFL, going from awful to elite in 8 years. Thats what the great QBs do. They dont all start out great and elite. Natural progression. And obviously the team wasnt Eli's Team until 2009ish. He was still a young QB developing and growing. I think Eli changed into the Eli of now as soon as the Vets around him started to get younger then himself. When he first arrived, everyone wanted to keep Warner at QB and were like, look at this kid. He sucks. He didnt have control. 07 he stepped up, but you are right, it wasnt till after that, after Tiki, after Plax, after Toomer, after Strahan, that he became the leader and elite QB*he is now. </P>

Absolutely 100% this.

Roswell777
07-15-2012, 05:01 AM

I think that, at this point, Romo is better than Eli at improvising, but that Eli is closing the gap on that, as evidenced by his play this past year, specifically in the playoffs. Eli has also gotten much better at going thru his progressions.

Both players play hurt. Both take hits to make plays.

I will say this for Romo, while he still hasn't demonstrated an avoidance for making very unclutch plays in huge situations, he has played well, by the numbers, in the 4th quarter of games. It's just that he makes that one play that, at this time, the fans, media and players, have almost come to expect. That expectation will continue until he can put a ring on his finger.

But in Romo's defense, he has played his whole career on a dysfunctional, albeit talented, team. Case in point, when I watched the Jet - Cowboy game and Romo threw that int to Revis and, to his credit, took all of the blame, I felt it was also on Dez Bryant. More to the point, i felt Dez Bryant quit on the play, or simply had the wrong sight adjustment or ran the wrong route. But, to Romo's credit, he took the responsibility.

While Eli had to deal with Burress, Barber and Shockey's nonsense early on in his career, it seems that Romo has been dealing with that stuff throughout his entire career.

Eli's team is much more disciplined, or let's just say, better coached, and that pays huge dividends in big spots of big games. Maybe under Garrett it will change, but the JJones circus factor is still a predominating overtone.

Jones loves "opera singers" (me, me, me, me) and that is his team's ultimate undoing. He tends to draft or sign, what he thinks are just big play guys but are also big headache guys (Owens, Pacman, Bryant, etc.).

Roswell777
07-15-2012, 08:20 AM
To the Poop fan...

Eli- 2
rHomo- 0

Only stat I need.

Eli- 2
Brady- 0

my rank of QB's

1. Brady and Eli tied
2. Roethlisberger
3. Rodgers
4. Peyton
5. Brees
Then there is a massive talent disparity between the next group of guys and they are essentially irrelevant.*

Everyone else shouldn't even be in the same conversation as those guys.* All of the other starting QB's in the league are backups on championship teams.

I can't agree with using SB rings as virtually the only criteria for how good a QB is. Football is a team sport. There's been some Hall Of Famers that never won a ring.

As much of a fan as I've always been of Eli's, he still needs to put up a few more regular seasons like last year for me to consider him in the top three.

Pretty shocked you think Big Ben is better than Peyton or Brees or Rodgers.

That's almost incomprehensible.

TuckYou
07-15-2012, 09:55 AM
To the Poop fan...

Eli- 2
rHomo- 0

Only stat I need.

Eli- 2
Brady- 0

my rank of QB's

1. Brady and Eli tied
2. Roethlisberger
3. Rodgers
4. Peyton
5. Brees

that's fine man... at the end of the day I predict Eli will have the most rings out of all of them on the list.

I'll add Flacco, Dalton, and Ryan to the list of potentials as well. Flacco is going to win a Superbowl. However, those 9 guys are the only guys in the NFL this season who have potential to win a Superbowl (or another) in their respective careers. The only unknowns are guys who were drafted this year. The other 20 starting QB's are backups on those 10 guys' teams AKA teams who will win Superbowls.

The losers:
Romo.... lol. I'd only put him on my team if I wanted to guarantee not winning important games. Watching him play I always feel it's safe to assume he won't go very far, and I am right about that. Danny White part II
Vick... talented but is more fragile than a 90 year old with AIDS and every kind of cancer
RG3... don't know
Luck... don't know
Locker... don't know
Freeman... lol
Gabbert... BWAHAHAHAHAHA
Ponder.. sucks
Palmer... BWAHAHAHAHAAHA
Alex Smith... Who?
Tebow or Sanchez... Tebow can if Jesus is ready to do something more miraculous than water to wine.. Sanchez if everyone else in the league gets struck by a meteor with the exception of the Jags (he can beat them)
Cassell... I'll pass
McCoy... Not an NFL guy.
Fitzpatrick... my favorite of the losers, may make a viable replacement for Carr behind Eli someday
Rivers... His best shot was when Tomlinson was still great and he blew it. Now he has nobody to make him look better than he is.. and he is a loser.

The potentials:
Stafford: If he can stay healthy he will give Rodgers a run for his money as best statistical QB in that division.. can that translate to playoff success?
Flacco.. 4 playoff appearances and 2 AFC champ games in 4 years? this kid will win 1 or even 2 championships
Ryan... Has great talent but has a young Eli problem of falling apart at the end of the season. If he can overcome that then he can be on the list of elites
Newton... he is a freak of talent and it translated to some offensive success. This year I expect him to be a beast

The Elites:
Rodgers... 1 ring and a solid 24 game stretch in his career. However outside of those 24 games he was very very average. If he is great this year he is the best... however I think we will see some pre playoff run 2010 Rodgers this year as his obvious ****iness gets to his head. 1 ring
Peyton... One of the best ever. As long as he plays he will be considered elite. 1 ring and did I mention that Peyton Manning was the Colts?
Brees.. Probably the best stat padder ever (Marino was damn good at it) and good at winning... 1 ring. hey it works for him.
Brady... 3 rings and 2 GIANT losses.. however, the 3 rings are the only argument I need.
Eli AKA ELIte, Easy E, Big Easy... 2 rings, 18-1 Patriots, helmet catch, 25 come from behind victories. There is only one person in NFL history I would take over Eli if my team was down with under 2 minutes left and we needed a touchdown and that is Joe Montana. Eli is the second most clutch QB ever.

You can't go wrong with any of the elites as your starter with the exception of Brees if you aren't running a pass happy, stat padding offense. Brees would be terrible on cold weather teams. The losers will never win.
</P>

Ok, so what you are saying is Trent Dilfer is better then Dan Marino?</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
07-15-2012, 01:20 PM
To the Poop fan...

Eli- 2
rHomo- 0

Only stat I need.

Eli- 2
Brady- 0

my rank of QB's

1. Brady and Eli tied
2. Roethlisberger
3. Rodgers
4. Peyton
5. Brees

The losers:
RG3... don't know
Luck... don't know
Locker... don't know
Freeman... lol
Gabbert... BWAHAHAHAHAHA
Ponder.. sucks
Palmer... BWAHAHAHAHAAHA
Alex Smith... Who?
Cassell... I'll pass
McCoy... Not an NFL guy.

The potentials:

The Elites:

</p>

Ok, so what you are saying is Trent Dilfer is better then Dan Marino?</p>
I'd rather have the ring. Dilfer is the exception more so than the rule. However, I'd argue that Simms or Warner is better than Marino. Dilfer was a loser that got lucky to play on a team that had the best defense ever.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-15-2012, 01:25 PM
To the Poop fan...

Eli- 2
rHomo- 0

Only stat I need.

Eli- 2
Brady- 0

my rank of QB's

1. Brady and Eli tied
2. Roethlisberger
3. Rodgers
4. Peyton
5. Brees

I can't agree with using SB rings as virtually the only criteria for how good a QB is. Football is a team sport. There's been some Hall Of Famers that never won a ring.

As much of a fan as I've always been of Eli's, he still needs to put up a few more regular seasons like last year for me to consider him in the top three.

Pretty shocked you think Big Ben is better than Peyton or Brees or Rodgers.

That's almost incomprehensible.

Brees is very over rated in my opinion. He is the greatest stat padder ever. Take him out of the dome and he is very average. Peyton has repeatedly gotten his *** kicked in the playoffs. Peyton is like those 1990-2005 Braves teams. Kicked *** until when it mattered and only got one ring out of it. And I am predicting a humbling year for Rodgers this year.

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
07-15-2012, 03:16 PM

3. Accuracy
4. Elusiveness
5. Improvisation

You're right on number 5 at least, he does find very creative ways to lose games. Whether it's throwing an int in the end zone against the Giants, botching his job as placeholder against Seattle or hurting his pinky finger and crying on the sideline, Romo will always come through with the big L when it counts.

gmen0820
07-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Take [Brees] out of the dome and he is very average.Yeah, that is just not true.

Ntegrase96
07-16-2012, 10:50 AM
So where do the criticisms from boys fans fall? I mean is Romo getting blamed for your woes? Or Jerry? Garrett? Ryan? Or the whole team? Curious who the whipping boy is (if any).

No whipping boy at the moment. Jerry was a whipping boy, but he seems to be taking a step back and letting better football minds run the show, as evidenced by this year and last years' drafts, FA moves, etc.

I bash him most now because he won't shut his mouth when it comes to the media.

I, like many other Cowboys fans and unlike the media, believe the Cowboys are in pretty good shape.

I mean, the team is pretty much rebuilding and in the middle of a youth movement. Outside of DeMarcus Ware, Witten, and Romo, our most talented players are under 27-- the majority under 25. (Murray, Lee, Bryant, Smith, Carter, Claiborne, Carr and a few others.)

It's hard to say that we've had 'woes' given our state. We're moving in the right direction.

Roswell777
07-16-2012, 10:56 AM
To the Poop fan...

Eli- 2
rHomo- 0

Only stat I need.

Eli- 2
Brady- 0

my rank of QB's

1. Brady and Eli tied
2. Roethlisberger
3. Rodgers
4. Peyton
5. Brees

that's fine man... at the end of the day I predict Eli will have the most rings out of all of them on the list.*

I'll add Flacco, Dalton, and Ryan to the list of potentials as well.* Flacco is going to win a Superbowl.* However, those 9 guys are the only guys in the NFL this season who have potential to win a Superbowl (or another) in their respective careers.* The only unknowns are guys who were drafted this year.* The other 20 starting QB's are backups on those 10 guys' teams AKA teams who will win Superbowls.*

The losers:
Romo.... lol.* I'd only put him on my team if I wanted to guarantee not winning important games.* Watching him play I always feel it's safe to assume he won't go very far, and I am right about that.* Danny White part II
RG3... don't know
Luck... don't know
Locker... don't know
Freeman... lol
Gabbert... BWAHAHAHAHAHA
Ponder.. sucks
Cutler...* Anyone remember Jaworski?
Palmer... BWAHAHAHAHAAHA
Seattle's QBs...* riiiiight..
Alex Smith...* Who?
Tebow or Sanchez...* Tebow can if Jesus is ready to do something more miraculous than water to wine.. Sanchez if everyone else in the league gets struck by a meteor with the exception of the Jags (he can beat them)
Cassell... I'll pass
Bradford..* He is worth maybe 1/100th of his contract on a good day
McCoy...* Not an NFL guy.
Rivers...* His best shot was when Tomlinson was still great and he blew it.* Now he has nobody to make him look better than he is.. and he is a loser.
Miami.. lololololololol haven't had a QB since Marino left.*

The potentials:
Stafford:* If he can stay healthy he will give Rodgers a run for his money as best statistical QB in that division.. can that translate to playoff success?
Flacco.. 4 playoff appearances and 2 AFC champ games in 4 years?* this kid will win 1 or even 2 championships
Ryan...* Has great talent but has a young Eli problem of falling apart at the end of the season.* If he can overcome that then he can be on the list of elites
Newton... he is a freak of talent and it translated to some offensive success.* This year I expect him to be a beast

The Elites:
Roethlisberger... 2 rings.* Only stat I need
Rodgers... 1 ring and a solid 24 game stretch in his career.* However outside of those 24 games he was very very average.* If he is great this year he is the best... however I think we will see some pre playoff run 2010 Rodgers this year as his obvious ****iness gets to his head. 1 ring
Peyton... One of the best ever.* As long as he plays he will be considered elite.* 1 ring and did I mention that Peyton Manning was the Colts?
Brees.. Probably the best stat padder ever (Marino was damn good at it) and good at winning... 1 ring.* hey it works for him.
Brady... 3 rings and 2 GIANT losses..* however, the 3 rings are the only argument I need.
Eli AKA ELIte, Easy E, Big Easy...* 2 rings, 18-1 Patriots, helmet catch, 25 come from behind victories.* There is only one person in NFL history I would take over Eli if my team was down with under 2 minutes left and we needed a touchdown and that is Joe Montana.* Eli is the second most clutch QB ever.*

You can't go wrong with any of the elites as your starter with the exception of Brees if you aren't running a pass happy, stat padding offense.* Brees would be terrible on cold weather teams.* The losers will never win.
</p>

Ok, so what you are saying is Trent Dilfer is better then Dan Marino?</p>
I'd rather have the ring.* Dilfer is the exception more so than the rule.* However, I'd argue that Simms or Warner is better than Marino.* Dilfer was a loser that got lucky to play on a team that had the best defense ever.

I probably watched every game Simms played and was a big fan but Marino was an all time great. A Hall of Fame generational super talent. Simms was excellent, but just because a guy wins a SB, it doesnt make him better than everyone else who didn't.

Ntegrase96
07-16-2012, 11:43 AM

3. Accuracy
4. Elusiveness
5. Improvisation

You're right on number 5 at least, he does find very creative ways to lose games. Whether it's throwing an int in the end zone against the Giants, botching his job as placeholder against Seattle or hurting his pinky finger and crying on the sideline, Romo will always come through with the big L when it counts.

Hey remember when Eli threw that interception at the goal line with his left hand?

See, I can remember things from 4+ years ago too.

Bread
07-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Phillip Rivers really got a raw deal. No wonder Eli didnt want to go to that organization. The fact that its been 8 years and Rivers has yet to be supplied with a legit #1 WR and a decent coaching staff is a testament to how incompetent the Chargers FO is.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-16-2012, 08:02 PM

3. Accuracy
4. Elusiveness
5. Improvisation

Hey remember when Eli threw that interception at the goal line with his left hand?

I remember like 10 times in the last 2 years when Romo has single handedly lost a game.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Phillip Rivers really got a raw deal. No wonder Eli didnt want to go to that organization. The fact that its been 8 years and Rivers has yet to be supplied with a legit #1 WR and a decent coaching staff is a testament to how incompetent the Chargers FO is.
im going to respond to your post just because you told me not to in your sig.. I will respond to every post you make from now on. You are a puss. I will be the meanest internet troll you've ever seen to you you piece of philadelphia trash. Please kill yourself. You'd be doing humanity a favor you worthless piece of crap.

Mod_C
07-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Phillip Rivers really got a raw deal. No wonder Eli didnt want to go to that organization. The fact that its been 8 years and Rivers has yet to be supplied with a legit #1 WR and a decent coaching staff is a testament to how incompetent the Chargers FO is.\\

Change your sig.

fourth&forever
07-16-2012, 09:08 PM

3. Accuracy
4. Elusiveness
5. Improvisation

Boy howdy. That was a doozy. Stupid left handed throw and Eli also pulled a few other boners, VERY Romo-like. But Eli has finally matured and put those risky moves behind him. Romo still continues. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Ntegrase96
07-17-2012, 09:59 AM

3. Accuracy
4. Elusiveness
5. Improvisation

I remember like 10 times in the last 2 years when Romo has single handedly lost a game.*

Suuurree you do.

GMENAGAIN
07-17-2012, 10:09 AM
And now my Cowboys fan side: 1. Better at playing with a lead 2. Better at not turning the ball over 3. Accuracy 4. Elusiveness 5. Improvisation

Hey remember when Eli threw that interception at the goal line with his left hand? See, I can remember things from 4+ years ago too.
I remember like 10 times in the last 2 years when Romo has single handedly lost a game.
</P>

Please list them.</P>

GMENAGAIN
07-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Phillip Rivers really got a raw deal. No wonder Eli didnt want to go to that organization. The fact that its been 8 years and Rivers <FONT size=4>has yet to be supplied with a legit #1 WR </FONT>and a decent coaching staff is a testament to how incompetent the Chargers FO is.</P>

Vincent Jackson?</P>

I know Antonio Gates is not a WR, but he sure plays like one . . . </P>

Ntegrase96
07-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Boy howdy. That was a doozy. Stupid left handed throw and Eli also pulled a few other boners, VERY Romo-like. But Eli has finally matured and put those risky moves behind him. Romo still continues. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I disagree. I think he has cut the risky plays almost entirely, which is evidenced by his lower turnover totals since 2009 and higher sack totals.

Yeah, some plays may not go his way, but the course of action he takes is always one of low risk.

Drez
07-17-2012, 06:23 PM

3. Accuracy
4. Elusiveness
5. Improvisation

You mean the one that bounced right off of Kevin Boss' hands?

And that only happened 2 seasons ago.

Drez
07-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Phillip Rivers really got a raw deal. No wonder Eli didnt want to go to that organization. The fact that its been 8 years and Rivers <font size="4">has yet to be supplied with a legit #1 WR </font>and a decent coaching staff is a testament to how incompetent the Chargers FO is.</p>

Vincent Jackson?</p>

I know Antonio Gates is not a WR, but he sure plays like one . . . </p>
Bread is an Eagles fan. Stupidity should be expected.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-17-2012, 07:04 PM
And now my Cowboys fan side: 1. Better at playing with a lead 2. Better at not turning the ball over 3. Accuracy 4. Elusiveness 5. Improvisation

Hey remember when Eli threw that interception at the goal line with his left hand? See, I can remember things from 4+ years ago too.
</p>

Please list them.</p>

Last year:
NY Jets
Detroit
laid an egg against the Giants both times
Laid a huge egg against the Eagles the first game (didnt play the second)
The biggest egg came against the Cardinals.

Now the Giants did outplay them, but Romo is a major reason why the Cowboys couldnt win those games. he was just flat out awful in those games when it mattered.

The year before:
every game he played in except for the Texans game. He laid 5 eggs and then got his season ended by Boley. The Poops would then finish the season 5-5 because Kitna came in and played much better than Romo did.

The year before that:
Biggest egg of his career against the Vikings in the biggest game of his life.

Romo sucks. There is no arguing otherwise. He stat pads against bad teams and still can't beat them half of the time. Against good teams he falls apart.

If I wanted a QB who could tear bad defenses to shreds, fall apart in big games, lose a few games single handedly by making a stupid mistake, and be great in a fantasy league, I'd choose rHomo. If I wanted a QB who can win me super bowls and be clutch as hell, i'd take Eli.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Phillip Rivers really got a raw deal. No wonder Eli didnt want to go to that organization. The fact that its been 8 years and Rivers <font size="4">has yet to be supplied with a legit #1 WR </font>and a decent coaching staff is a testament to how incompetent the Chargers FO is.</p>

Vincent Jackson?</p>

I know Antonio Gates is not a WR, but he sure plays like one . . . </p>
Bread is an Eagles fan. Stupidity should be expected.

He is the dumbest of the dumb. The scummiest of the scummy.

GMENAGAIN
07-17-2012, 10:30 PM

</P>

Please list them.</P>

Last year:
NY Jets
Detroit

Now the Giants did outplay them, but Romo is a major reason why the Cowboys couldnt win those games. he was just flat out awful in those games when it mattered.

The year before:
every game he played in except for the Texans game. He laid 5 eggs and then got his season ended by Boley. The Poops would then finish the season 5-5 because Kitna came in and played much better than Romo did.

The year before that:

Romo sucks. There is no arguing otherwise. He stat pads against bad teams and still can't beat them half of the time. Against good teams he falls apart.

If I wanted a QB who could tear bad defenses to shreds, fall apart in big games, lose a few games single handedly by making a stupid mistake, and be great in a fantasy league, I'd choose rHomo. If I wanted a QB who can win me super bowls and be clutch as hell, i'd take Eli.
</P>

If you think that Romo "sucks" you know very little about football</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
07-17-2012, 10:34 PM

</p>

Please list them.</p>

Last year:
NY Jets
Detroit

The year before:

The year before that:

</p>

If you think that Romo "sucks" you know very little about football</p>

LOL message board burn there. Romo is great for the stats. He falls apart when it matters. I look at the whole picture. Only idiots judge a QB on stats. Stats tell part of the story. I would never want Romo as my QB. You can't win a championship with him as your QB. You are better off rebuilding your franchise than having him as the QB. He is essentially what Drew Bledsoe was.

Eliscruzzz
07-24-2012, 06:33 PM
can I say nothing

flamethrower
07-25-2012, 02:06 AM
Let's look at Career defining moments shall we.
Eli making a lucky pass while sitting on his but in the super bowl. Gunts won that game
Rhomo Anyone remember that hold vs Seattle?
That is all you need to look at.

crooza172
07-25-2012, 09:49 AM

1. Better at playing with a lead - clearly not against eli
2. Better at not turning the ball over - ummm what?
3. Accuracy - not accurate enough to win playoff games
4. Elusiveness - ok I'll give you taht
5. Improvisation - agree with this also but sometimes doesnt work out.

Toadofsteel
07-25-2012, 12:38 PM

3. Accuracy
4. Elusiveness
5. Improvisation

I'll give you #2 on that... that's about it. Eli hasn't has as many opportunities to play with any significant lead, and the only one he's really blown is in 2010 against the eagles. Eli DOES improvise a lot, it's just that he does it all prior to the snap (being really good with reads and such), and he's also incredibly elusive because he's playing behind the worst O-line in the league. As for accuracy, I'd like to see Tony even try to pull off a run and shoot offense without his passer rating plummeting.

Ntegrase96
07-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Last year:
NY Jets
Detroit

The year before:

The year before that:

I'll give you the Jets game and the Lions game... with emphasis on the lions game.

The rest? You have to be kidding me. All you've done is taken the losses over the last 2 years and blamed the solely on Romo.

Starting with 2010: Romo was far from the problem. In fact, 2010 probably would have been one of his best years ever if he had remained healthy. He had many clutch plays that year that were undone by stupid penalites and an inflated number of interceptions. The reason Kitna had so much success was the relatively weak second half of the season (remember, kitna getting smacked 45-7 in GB?) and the turn around on the defense with the huge HUGE transition from Wade Phillips Defense to Pasqualoni's.

Last year-- yes we had our problems with Philadelphia, but I don't place the blame on Romo there either. Did he play well? No. Did he play awful? Again, the answer is no. The only turnover he had came on a beautiful pass that your new tight end couldn't handle and tipped it up for Aso. Romo against Philadelphia last year wasn't even comparable to the monstrosity of Eli against Washington-- and I don't even fault Eli's for those losses.

Arizona-- 66% comp, 299 yards, no turnovers and a TD... yeah he really sucked that game. Not to mention a key 3rd down conversion to put the Cowboys in field goal range in the waning seconds. Boy you nailed that one!

Both games against the Giants, Romo played well. We have already established that Romo's numbers in the first game were phenomenal and that Austin lost the ball in the lights-- he admitted that. And wasn't it Romo who led a great drive with about a minute to go to put the Cowboys in position to tie the game before JPP blocked the FG attempt?

What else ya got?

Dwinsballgames
07-25-2012, 03:38 PM
and on that note...

Joe Morrison
07-25-2012, 07:59 PM

1. Better at playing with a lead - clearly not against eli
2. Better at not turning the ball over - ummm what?
3. Accuracy - not accurate enough to win playoff games
4. Elusiveness - ok I'll give you taht
5. Improvisation - agree with this also but sometimes doesnt work out.

Eli wins in the 4th quarter, hands down, take the stats and put them where the sun don't shine, only w's and superbowls count.

Ntegrase96
07-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Eli wins in the 4th quarter, hands down, take the stats and put them where the sun don't shine, only w's and superbowls count.

Rightio about the W's and superbowls. No one is disputing that.

sodbuster
09-07-2012, 07:46 PM

3. Accuracy
4. Elusiveness
5. Improvisation elusiveness is ok.the rest are just plain DUMB!!! oh yes romo is better at CHOKING!!!!!

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-07-2012, 07:50 PM
elusiveness is ok.the rest are just plain DUMB!!! oh yes romo is better at CHOKING!!!!!Did you really need to bring this thread back around after a HOMO win? Sodbuster...you just lost your "MAN" card

sodbuster
09-07-2012, 08:01 PM
yes he won this one..it has nothing to do with wed night..check out 1-5 above it's just a statement just like ntegrase made..plus shove your man card!!!

GMenOnDeck
09-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Hmm my google chrome gave me a potential hazardous website link to this board when i click this thread

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Hmm my google chrome gave me a potential hazardous website link to this board when i click this threadmine too.BTW Sod, you dont even have a "MAN" card to shove anymore! You lost it with your ignorance! And it has everything to do with this past Wednesday! Dont be a fool! But i am sure you will reply with something wonderful for me.

ELI_Iz_God
09-08-2012, 01:14 AM
Romo is better at failing his teams success by his own failure .....He doesn't know what it's like to have your team decimated by injuries and overcoming it..Eli deals with this consistantly Every season

BuffyBlueII
09-08-2012, 02:20 AM
The claim that “until the playoffs of 2007 Eli Manning was awful” is an untrue statement. Actually it is a ridiculous statement. Prior to the 2007 playoffs Eli Manning had some rough patches and in fact did have some awfule games and guess what? Sometimes he still does. However, Eli Manning was never overall awful prior to the 2007 post season. If you want to claim that he elevated his game when the 2007 playoffs began or he has steadily evolved since the 2007 playoffs began then you have a point but to say he was awful before the 2007 playoffs is ridiculous. Granted you don’t want to see the legend of Eli Manning blown out of proportion but then again, that does not mean that folks are going to buy the ridiculous claims you are making that he was awful.

The claim that “Eli Manning was just a bus driver till the 2007 playoffs” is also an absurd statement. For a QB to be simply a bus driver would mean that at least one aspect of the offense would be overwhelmingly dominant and Eli Manning has never had that. He has never been simply a bus driver. I know that you and a lot of other Dallas Cowboys fans would like that to be the cae but it just isn’t so. You know what is ironic, I have heard folks make the statement that Troy Aikman was just a bus driver and that was also not the case. Troy Aikman was very underrated. Granted, he had a great offensive line with a great running game. Granted, Double J (Jimmy Johnson) also stated that Jim Kelly was more the type of QB that he preferred but in my opinion, Troy Aikman was very underrated and the most important part of that Dallas Cowboys team.

I feel that Eli Manning is a better QB than Tony Romo. However, that does not mean that ELIte Eli does everything better than The Romosexual. I will give my opinion as to what I think Tony Romo does better and what I think Eli Manning does better.

IMPROVISATION- Both QBs do this very well but I am going to have to give the upper hand in this category to Tony Romo. He extends plays and is very mobile. Eli Manning is deceptively quick on his feet and he has learned to throw the ball away and that is a big reason we have seen the interceptions fall to 16 last season as oppossed to the prior seasons total of 25. However the category of improvisation is going to go to Tony Romo as having the edge.

MOBILITY- Part of the reason Tony Romo has the edge in this category is also the reason he has the edge in improvisation, he is a better runner and takes off better than Eli Manning. Now, that is not just from pure speed it is from the decision to take off and run. When we see Eli Manning run over the line of scrimage it is usually as a last resort and not one that has a concrete decision to it. I know that may sound odd. However when Eli Manning runs it is usually capped off with a clumsy slide that is not pretty to watch. It is obvious that he has had it beaten in to him by coaches to not run and take the chance of getting injured. Thats fine with us but there is an interesting fact that on the rare occassion when we have seen Eli Manning dip his shoulder and commit to, he is quite good at it and knocks people over. He is a big boy and another interesting fact is that he has the same 40 time as Drew Brees. However even when he decides to commit to run on the rare occassion the edge still goes to Tony Romo.

ACCURACY & COMPLETION %- Overall the numbers don’t lie in this one and Tony Romo’s percentage is better than Eli Mannings. I think a lot of this has to do with the two prior categories in regard to how Tony Romo can extend the play. Eli Manning has a miserable offensive line and has to throw the ball away quite a bit. Also, our WRs either lead the league or are near the top in dropped passes almost every season. Eli Manning’s numbers are going to be deceptively low here and I fear that may always be the case. I am not sure about Tony Romo’s attitude in reagrd to it but it is clear that Eli Manning doesn’t care about his statistics. He cares about winning and leading, that is clear. Tony Romo is a very accurate passer and the edge in this category is going to him.

PLAYING WITH A LEAD- The numbers don’t lie here and as pointed out earlier by another poster, Tony Romo leads in this category too.

ADAPTABILITY- The edge in this category is going to go to Eli Manning. In my opinion, the edge here is not just over Tony Romo but over any QB in the game right now. Eli Manning is constantly changing the play, redirecting personnell at the line of scrimmage and constantly changing the plan throughout. This probably why we see so many 4th quarter TDs and comebacks from Eli Manning. When he calls the plays and lets it go, he is lethal. Eli Manning constantly changes and manipulates how a game is played depending on which team NY Giants are playing against. A great example are the games against NE Patriots. Eli Manning extends drives and eats up the clock in order to give defense a rest and to keep Tom Brady on the sidelines for as long as possible. Eli Manning is a master at manipulating the tempo of games.Half of Eli Manning’s TD passes during the regular season last year were in the 4th quarter. He threw a total of 29 TDs and 15 were in the 4th. He led the league in pass completions of 20+ yards last season. A good deal of those long passes were when he either picked up the blitz or audibled at the line of scrimmage. Tony Romo is not a slouch in the adaptability category but the edge here is going to Eli Manning.

CLUTCH SITUATIONS- Although Tony Romo has the higher rating overall in 4th quarter he does have some career defining gaffes in cluth situations. these gaffes have haunted him to this point and I think although he may never win a SuperBowl, he will come through in the clutch during important situations in the near future and may take his team deep in playoffs. The guy is that talented and that dedicated to football. I would not be overly surprised if he does take his team to a SuperBowl and maybe even win it before his career is over. However, up till this point Tony Romo is a large dissapointment in regards to being clutch during the big games. This category may be the one that defines Eli Mannings career when all is said and done. His heoics in the clutch are already legendary and I suspect he will be expanding on this quite a bit as The Book of Eli continues to be written. A large edge in this category is given to Eli Manning.

TOUGHNESS- Both these QBs are tough as heck. Both these QBs have less acceptable offensive lines. Tony Romo has taken beatings and plays hurt. he has some injuries that have caused him to miss games. Eli Manning has never missed a game since his 1st start for NY Giants. He has taken beatings and the one in the playoffs last season against that ravenous San Francisco 49ers defense was brutal. In that game Eli Manning withstood a severe beating and played QB as well as the position can be played against a defense like that. Eli Manning’s performance was awe inspiring and is what legends are made of. This category can be argued for either one of these guys being given the nod over the other but I am going to give the edge here to Eli Manning.

We can go back and forth from category to category to sub category to sub category. We can find aspects that find an advantage for either one being better in that category. Both of these guys are excellent QBs that have taken a great deal of criticism from the media. Both are respected and hated by the oppossing teams fanbase. Both are star QBs for high profile teams in high profile markets. Tony Romo is superior in a number of regular season statistics. A glaring one that he is not superior in is single season yards and that is last season when Eli Manning had the 6th highest total in history of NFL. I suspect that there will be numerous regular season statistics that Tony Romo will be superior in by the time their careers are over. However, regular season longevity statistics such as consecutive seasons of more than 20 TDs and over 3,000 yards thrown and consecutive games played will go to eli Manning. Post season success and statistical superiority in post season will go by a landslide to Eli Manning unless there is a miraculous improvement in this category by Tony Romo and a very surprising collapse by Eli Manning in this category. Eli Manning is the overall more successful QB and is an ELIte one as of right now. At this time Tony Romo is an excellent QB but until he elevates his clutch performance in big games or just his overall ability to win big games and take his team deep in playoffs, he will not be considered elite in my opinion.

I do think there will be a time when Tony Romo wins some big games and takes Dallas Cowboys deep in playoffs. I also think that Eli Manning will bring at least one or two more SuperBowl trophies to us, he is that great. In my opinion, I think that by the time his career is over, he will considered one of the great clutch QBs in the history of the game.

I have a lot of respect for Tony Romo and I think he is going to play great for4-5 more years. Dallas Cowboys will always be a dangerous opponent for as long as he is their QB.

Eli Manning is my favorite football player of all time. I am so happy that he is a NY Giant and that he will help elevate our team to heights we have not previously attained.

It was a lot of fun doing this and then going off topic on tangents. Oh well, I guess that is what happens when I have all this time while I am on convalesant leave.

I bELIeve.

ProfessorCrue
09-08-2012, 05:24 AM
Romo is better at failing his teams success by his own failure .....He doesn't know what it's like to have your team decimated by injuries and overcoming it..Eli deals with this consistantly Every season

lolol, now thats funny

SlyFoxx
09-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Post season success isn't the be all and end all of a great QB. (But it certainly is nice) Manning and Romo are both highly skilled and talented. They are both the pointy end of the spear.

Sarcasman
09-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Personally I like Superman better than Batman.

That's about as far as I can go in pretending that these are not some of the stupidest discussion points I've read here in quite some time.

Next up on the subjectivity forum, who seems nicer? Jason Garrett or John Mara?

Dwinsballgames
09-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Personally I like Superman better than Batman.

That's about as far as I can go in pretending that these are not some of the stupidest discussion points I've read here in quite some time.

Next up on the subjectivity forum, who seems nicer? Jason Garrett or John Mara?

can I vote for Kate Mara?

BuffyBlueII
09-09-2012, 01:53 AM

Ha.

I will vote for Rooney Mara because she love me very much. It is true she love me very much.

ELI_Iz_God
09-09-2012, 02:14 AM

3. Accuracy
4. Elusiveness
5. Improvisation

You might want to revise number 2 on your list. I believe it was Romo that threw an int on wednesday...and should of been 2 if not dropped by C.Web..Eli I believe threw Zero ints.

ELI_Iz_God
09-09-2012, 02:17 AM
lolol, now thats funny

what's funny is your response..because if you had facts to back you up ..you would have stated them....run along now :)

ProfessorCrue
09-09-2012, 04:21 AM
what's funny is your response..because if you had facts to back you up ..you would have stated them....run along now :)
well then here is a simple fact for you that i think you can understand.....Dallas beat the giants with authority and convincingly weds night. and i will remind you, in case you not thinking about it cause its just game #1, but that win is also a division win. i will also remind you that there are just only 6 division games per yr; making this 1st game of the yr an actually vital one.

just some simple facts for you to ponder over. dont we all just love to grovel over facts?:cool:

Ntegrase96
09-09-2012, 10:59 AM
You might want to revise number 2 on your list. I believe it was Romo that threw an int on wednesday...and should of been 2 if not dropped by C.Web..Eli I believe threw Zero ints.

If we're going to base everything on Wednesday nights game, then Romo is the better QB all around.

See how silly that sounds?

Romo does not turn the ball over as many times as Eli. One thing that Giants fans overlook is that Eli Manning has turned the ball over 50 times in the last two regular seasons.

And also, if we're going to talk about 'should've been interceptions' Eli threw two of those on Wednesday that you probably just don't remember because of biased hindsight. If Carr doesn't mistime his jump, The Hixon reception is an easy interception and on a separate play where the Cowboys baited Eli, if Barry Church holds onto the ball then you would have seen a pick six.

Ntegrase96
09-09-2012, 11:00 AM

Completely false. Everyone has injuries.

Sarcasman
09-09-2012, 02:10 PM

You may. Any Mara'll do.

Sarcasman
09-09-2012, 02:35 PM

If we were discussing facts instead of opinions, asking him to change the list might make sense...but we're not discussing facts.

If we were that list would be shorter since of the 5 options 4 of the items are essentially redundant so really we're talking about 3 items on Netgrase's list and frankly only one of the three is inarguable: Romo does not turn the ball over as much as Eli (he is more accurate). We can honestly say he plays better with a lead but whether you want to put that on the QB or the Offensive Coordinator is up to you, and he is slightly - very, very slightly - better at improvisation (which encompasses elusiveness). Now, Romo is certainly much more mobile than Eli but that in and of itself does not define improvisation and/or elusiveness. Eli is deceptively elusive (but not agile) and clearly has a knack for improvising and making plays, particularly at big times. Under ordinary circumstances, Eli is also more apt to not improvise and simply kill the play. Romo extends plays more often. Whether that is a net positive or a net negative...I don't know. It's probably close to a push.

So, what it boils down to is 2 very, very good QBs, both of whom could be placed anywhere from top 3 or 4 to top 10 on anyone's arbitrary list (and they are all arbitrary, btw), neither being significantly better than the other and both having unique qualities that differentiate them from the other.

With the benefit of history behind me, of course I prefer Eli. I think he's a much, much better big play and big game QB. I would expect a Cowboys fan to prefer Romo. Neither of us would be wrong, because it is subjective.

From an objective POV, I honestly do not believe you can make a clearly winning argument for either. Unless your judgment criteria is championships, which in a team sport where the roster consists of 53 players.....is also a subjective criteria when applied to only one position.

BuffyBlueII
09-09-2012, 03:38 PM
From an objective POV, I honestly do not believe you can make a clearly winning argument for either. Unless your judgment criteria is championships, which in a team sport where the roster consists of 53 players.....is also a subjective criteria when applied to only one position.

Well you can look at clutch play in big games and that is a big factor when cmparing these two QBs.

The roster consisting of 53 players is a valid point and holds more credence if the two SuperBowls that NY Giants won so far with Eli Manning wer back to back or had mainly the same team. However the roster is much different. The recievers and tight ends are different. The offensive line is even worse than it was when Eli won the 1st one. The constant in both SuperBowl Victories is Eli Manning and the very fact that he elevated his game so much to win 2nd one makes it criteria that should be considered as concrete and not subjective.

ELI_Iz_God
09-09-2012, 04:54 PM
If we're going to base everything on Wednesday nights game, then Romo is the better QB all around.

See how silly that sounds?

Romo does not turn the ball over as many times as Eli. One thing that Giants fans overlook is that Eli Manning has turned the ball over 50 times in the last two regular seasons.

And also, if we're going to talk about 'should've been interceptions' Eli threw two of those on Wednesday that you probably just don't remember because of biased hindsight. If Carr doesn't mistime his jump, The Hixon reception is an easy interception and on a separate play where the Cowboys baited Eli, if Barry Church holds onto the ball then you would have seen a pick six.

I took a portion of your post and turned it against you..and rightfully so. How is that silly? Do elaborate..

Ntegrase96
09-09-2012, 09:34 PM
I took a portion of your post and turned it against you..and rightfully so. How is that silly? Do elaborate..

I really have to explain...?

Because you are speaking about a single game in which Romo turned the ball over more times than Eli-- a very small sample size. A much larger sample size (their respective careers) would tell us the opposite and that Eli is the QB more prone to turn the ball over.

But if I WERE to play by your rules and base everything on Wednesday's game, then Romo is clearly the superior QB.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-09-2012, 09:36 PM

Because you are speaking about a single game in which Romo turned the ball over more times than Eli-- a very small sample size. A much larger sample size (their respective careers) would tell us the opposite and that Eli is the QB more prone to turn the ball over.

But if I WERE to play by your rules and base everything on Wednesday's game, then Romo is clearly the superior QB.You can have your Superior (non-winning) (0 superbowl) QB, I will take Eli. Nuff Said? Have your stats, I will take Rings!!

Ntegrase96
09-09-2012, 09:39 PM
You can have your Superior (non-winning) (0 superbowl) QB, I will take Eli. Nuff Said? Have your stats, I will take Rings!!

Thanks for not reading

GiantWarfare
09-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Things Romo is better than Eli at? Mobility, improvisation/extending plays as well as accuracy.

Things Eli is better than Romo at? Durability, commanding the offense, and rising to the occasion in big games/pressure-filled moments.

Both guys are prolific passers, and both are great signal callers. Eli has the edge though due to playoff performance/SB wins and as arguable as that may be to the Eli naysayers, it is what separates the two.

Ntegrase96
09-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Things Romo is better than Eli at? Mobility, improvisation/extending plays as well as accuracy.

Things Eli is better than Romo at? Durability, commanding the offense, and rising to the occasion in big games/pressure-filled moments.

Both guys are prolific passers, and both are great signal callers. Eli has the edge though due to playoff performance/SB wins and as arguable as that may be to the Eli naysayers, it is what separates the two.

I agree with this statement.

For the posters who haven't bothered to read the first few pages of this thread or any of the numerous posts I've made on the matter, I'm not saying that Romo is better than Eli.

Eli is the better quarterback at this point in his career, and he may always be.

However, there are things that Romo still does better than Eli-- he's not chopped liver.

GiantWarfare
09-09-2012, 10:14 PM

For the posters who haven't bothered to read the first few pages of this thread or any of the numerous posts I've made on the matter, I'm not saying that Romo is better than Eli.

Eli is the better quarterback at this point in his career, and he may always be.

However, there are things that Romo still does better than Eli-- he's not chopped liver.

I've been guilty of clowning on Romo for his failure to get it done when it counts but I've always been in agreement w/ those who consider Romo to be a very good QB.

Def not middle of the pack and for those who have him ranked there, that's selling him short. IMO easily top 10. Doesn't he have the 2nd highest passer rating of all time or something? He is very accurate and that is despite his gunslinger style. Not too shabby for an undrafted player.

Dude is a baller and while I don't think he's better than Eli (I feel Eli just has a better mental edge/focus), in terms of the caliber of QB they are, both guys are great.

Its Vick IMO who is vastly overrated.

Sarcasman
09-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Its Vick IMO who is vastly overrated.

Hey now! No reason to insult both Eli and Romo by putting Vick in the sentence.

We're talking about QBs here.............

GiantWarfare
09-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Hey now! No reason to insult both Eli and Romo by putting Vick in the sentence.

We're talking about QBs here.............

lol...duly noted! http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Drinking%20Animated%20Emoticons/cheers.gif

BuffyBlueII
09-10-2012, 03:39 AM

If you are looking for acknowledgement that Tony Romo is an excellent QB then hey, you have that from me. Tony Romo is an excellent QB. I think Eli Manning is better but Tony Romo is excellent.

TheAnalyst
09-10-2012, 09:42 AM
You know whats funny? I would of bet my house that if the Giants D stopped the cowboys on that 3rd and 12 to end the game, Eli would of got the ball back and scored antoher 4th quarter touchdown and the Giants would of won the game. Oh well. We will never know now. Thank God winning a championship doesnt happen in week 1. Giants will bounce back. And Romo is still second to Eli.

alentown pa
09-10-2012, 04:19 PM
slapping the referee on the *** after a touchdown.

ELI_Iz_God
09-14-2012, 01:37 AM

But if I WERE to play by your rules and base everything on Wednesday's game, then Romo is clearly the superior QB.

oh I love playing the history game...ok I'll bite...Let's talk the last 5 years. How Many SB wins do you have over that time period? How many do we have? it's significant because this Romo vs Eli Era we're talking here not the SB's you won a century ago..*Heavy sarcasm intended*

Remember to answer the "Questions First" before throwing in whatever garbage you want to retort with..

Ntegrase96
09-14-2012, 10:02 AM
oh I love playing the history game...ok I'll bite...Let's talk the last 5 years. How Many SB wins do you have over that time period? How many do we have? it's significant because this Romo vs Eli Era we're talking here not the SB's you won a century ago..*Heavy sarcasm intended*

Remember to answer the "Questions First" before throwing in whatever garbage you want to retort with..

Disregarding an argument I could go on about for hours about super bowls not being the end all be all for judging a QB, let me ask you a question. What argument exactly do you think you're in? What exactly is it that you THINK you're trying to get me to say? I feel like you haven't read through even the last page or so of this thread to actually understand what it is that I'm talking about, so I'll post a few quotes from me earlier in this thread (one of them is literally a page ago).

Rightio about the W's and superbowls. No one is disputing that.

TheAnalyst
09-18-2012, 12:35 PM
You know whats funny? I would of bet my house that if the Giants D stopped the cowboys on that 3rd and 12 to end the game, Eli would of got the ball back and scored antoher 4th quarter touchdown and the Giants would of won the game. Oh well. We will never know now. Thank God winning a championship doesnt happen in week 1. Giants will bounce back. And Romo is still second to Eli.

So he saved it for the following week.

As for Romo, he is better at....

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbaKsLu5lMwlQT-m0KEdelrHBXXZ-JicMQpJQZ05mRDeZbO2MS

Giants5699
09-18-2012, 12:40 PM
choking.

HoagieBastage
09-18-2012, 06:48 PM

Trent Dilfer has a Superbowl ring! You must think he's AWESOMMEEESSSSZZZ!!!!1!11!!!!!!!1one!

Riiight?

Sarcasman
09-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Trent Dilfer has a Superbowl ring! You must think he's AWESOMMEEESSSSZZZ!!!!1!11!!!!!!!1one!

Riiight?

Well, he's a better QB than Vick but that's really just damning him with faint praise.

HoagieBastage
09-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Well, he's a better QB than Vick but that's really just damning him with faint praise.

Well, he must be as good as Eli Manning or Joe Montana if we follow the "He has a ring" logic riiiiight?

ELI_Iz_God
09-18-2012, 11:40 PM
He's better at putting up less points against Seattle....proved since this last sunday

TheAnalyst
10-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Romo is better at throwing 5 INTs in a game. Romo has 2 of those games, Eli has 0.

GameTime
10-02-2012, 12:43 PM

3. Accuracy
4. Elusiveness
5. Improvisation

but he is still not s better QB overall.
How is he when his team needs a comeback win???
I like Romo but the real issue with the Cowboys is and always will be JJ. He is a good business man and great for the NFL to a degree but as long as he keeps too mnay fingers in that pie they will never win a SB......

Ntegrase96
10-02-2012, 01:57 PM
I like Romo but the real issue with the Cowboys is and always will be JJ. He is a good business man and great for the NFL to a degree but as long as he keeps too mnay fingers in that pie they will never win a SB......

Didn't say he was. Haven't said that since probably 2009.

When the team needs a comeback win it's been a toss up throughout his career. The reason it doesn't seem that way is because when he fails, he fails tremendously and when he succeeds it's barely a footnote. (4 game winning drives last year, 2 more games where he put his team in position to win, but ST failed).

But I digress. Romo is playing at an all time low right now and over the last few games. May be time to give up on Romo as a QB. It seems as though there is nothing else left in the tank and he seems to be only regressing. We've got good young players for years to come, might as well kickstart the rebuild by going younger at QB.

dezzzR
10-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Didn't say he was. Haven't said that since probably 2009.

When the team needs a comeback win it's been a toss up throughout his career. The reason it doesn't seem that way is because when he fails, he fails tremendously and when he succeeds it's barely a footnote. (4 game winning drives last year, 2 more games where he put his team in position to win, but ST failed).

But I digress. Romo is playing at an all time low right now and over the last few games. May be time to give up on Romo as a QB. It seems as though there is nothing else left in the tank and he seems to be only regressing. We've got good young players for years to come, might as well kickstart the rebuild by going younger at QB.I dont think he has the mental toughness to qb in dallas with Jurry hanging over his every move. Romo is a good qb, a few of those ints were on his wrs and some balls were tipped. No excuse, but you cant lay them all at his feet.

Sarcasman
10-04-2012, 07:27 AM
Well, he must be as good as Eli Manning or Joe Montana if we follow the "He has a ring" logic riiiiight?

That's not logic. Sure results are important but my rating of Vick as a QB is based on his ability - or lack thereof - to play the QB position in the NFL. He's a superior college style QB who to date performs as an average NFL QB.

SweetZombieJesus
10-04-2012, 07:44 AM

Was Trent Dilfer named MVP? Did he lead game-winning comeback drives? Did he do it twice?

SweetZombieJesus
10-04-2012, 07:45 AM

Starting to wonder about Romo in his post-Cowboys career, where would be a good fit for him, and would he flourish there...

EddieBlue
10-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Starting to wonder about Romo in his post-Cowboys career, where would be a good fit for him, and would he flourish there...

He would be perfect with the jets. This way they could suck for another few years.

Redeyejedi
10-04-2012, 08:13 AM
I dont think Romo is better then Eli but he is still better then at least 20 starters in the NFL.I think a change of scenery would be good for him

GameTime
10-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Romo's biggest issue is he plays for JJ.
As long as JJ is the meddling owner that team is going no where as far as championships are concerned.

Giants5699
10-04-2012, 09:44 AM
If the Cowboys let go of Romo and he went to the AFC, I think I'd cheer for him just to spite the Cowboys. How awesome would it be if they cut Romo and he went to Oakland and won a Super Bowl. I think I'd probably be pretty happy laughing at all the cowpuke fans.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 09:52 AM
If the Cowboys let go of Romo and he went to the AFC, I think I'd cheer for him just to spite the Cowboys. How awesome would it be if they cut Romo and he went to Oakland and won a Super Bowl. I think I'd probably be pretty happy laughing at all the cowpuke fans.
No doubt....I would be a Romo fan if they let him go just for that reason alone.....

TheAnalyst
10-24-2012, 10:33 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT30qK7YmEOHlBLwX3f1Vv1e1Bw22d5-ZNC5LDMrzEqVMrRxcpo

bigblue58
10-24-2012, 10:56 AM
PDAs</P>

http://hollywoodheadaches.pmpblogs.com/files/2009/07/jessica-simpson-tony-romo-255x300.jpg</P>

Sorry, but Eli's wife is better looking than Romo's wife and anyone Romo ever dated........so take this one off the list!

TheAnalyst
10-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Sorry, but Eli's wife is better looking than Romo's wife and anyone Romo ever dated........so take this one off the list!

Dude, it says PDAs, not being with hot chicks. PDA = Public Displays of Affection. Eli doesnt oogle the women in the public quite like Romo.

BillTheGreek
10-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Romo is better at Losing than Eli ! He's use to it !

It's Time to show the Cowboys , How the Giants win Super Bowls !

EddieBlue
10-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Tony is so great but he cant start a flooded lawn mower by staring at it....only ELI can do THAT! HA!

TroyArcher
10-24-2012, 01:45 PM

3. Accuracy
4. Elusiveness
5. Improvisation

5 Intreceptions in one game, Eli has never done that. No one throws a better long ball than Eli. Improvisation - do you remember the Tyree catch in the desert?

Ntegrase96
10-24-2012, 01:53 PM
5 Intreceptions in one game, Eli has never done that. No one throws a better long ball than Eli. Improvisation - do you remember the Tyree catch in the desert?

I think Romo has 2 five interception games overall, one being the game against Buffalo in 2007... of course this is just off the top of my head. Anyway, I made this list before the season started. At that point, fact was Eli Manning had turn the ball over 50 times in the past two seasons, and had a much larger margin of turnovers than Romo. Romo hasn't been good this year with turnovers though while Eli has.

As far as improvisation goes, eh whatever. I didn't really consider chucking a ball up for grabs as improvisation as much as I considered it a prayer, but it was a monumental play nonetheless. Romo has consistently played better over the course of his career when the play breaks down opposed to Eli because of his improvisational skills. But really, I'm not gonna fight you on it.

ProfessorCrue
10-24-2012, 02:05 PM

lol, i find it funny people love to play this "5 int" on Romo. yeah he gets stuck with that label cause he's the qb but any realistic football person knows he didnt "throw 5 ints" in that game. like Nt says, it was more of a 2 int game. and a fumble. still nothing to be bragging on but at least get realistic about that "5 ints".

the tyree catch....are you serious? lolololol. moron

giantsforce
10-24-2012, 02:35 PM
lol, i find it funny people love to play this "5 int" on Romo. yeah he gets stuck with that label cause he's the qb but any realistic football person knows he didnt "throw 5 ints" in that game. like Nt says, it was more of a 2 int game. and a fumble. still nothing to be bragging on but at least get realistic about that "5 ints".

the tyree catch....are you serious? lolololol. moronWhatever. You can keep your stats and QB ratings and anything else. The fact remains that when it comes down to it, I'd rather have Eli than Romo when the game is on the line. You cannot deny the fact that Romo is better "choke artist" than Eli.

TheAnalyst
10-25-2012, 10:56 AM

Why is it ok for Dallas fans to defend Romo's INTs by saying it was the WRs but when Eli had about 10 of his 25 INTs in 2009 go off WRs hands, they forget.

You want to know why TDs-INTs is overrated? Tipped balls off WRs hands that get INTed count against the QB. INTs where WRs are running the wrong route count against the QB. TDs where it is a simple dump off that a RB or WR makes amazing runs on and score count for the QB. When a defense picks a ball off and gets it inside the 5, the QB throws an easy TD without any work counts for the QB.

Too many other things really to justify that stat.

Another example. Eli called runs at the 1 yard line 2x last game and we got 2 ruhing TDs, not counting for Eli. I saw the Pats game after where Brady called play action 2x in a row at the 1 yard line to Gronk for TDs. Stat padders.

The eye test doesnt lie though. Eli is a very good QB who is GREAT in the clutch. Romo is a good QB who is great at improvising.

Ntegrase96
10-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Why is it ok for Dallas fans to defend Romo's INTs by saying it was the WRs but when Eli had about 10 of his 25 INTs in 2009 go off WRs hands, they forget.

You want to know why TDs-INTs is overrated? Tipped balls off WRs hands that get INTed count against the QB. INTs where WRs are running the wrong route count against the QB. TDs where it is a simple dump off that a RB or WR makes amazing runs on and score count for the QB. When a defense picks a ball off and gets it inside the 5, the QB throws an easy TD without any work counts for the QB.

Too many other things really to justify that stat.

Another example. Eli called runs at the 1 yard line 2x last game and we got 2 ruhing TDs, not counting for Eli. I saw the Pats game after where Brady called play action 2x in a row at the 1 yard line to Gronk for TDs. Stat padders.

The eye test doesnt lie though. Eli is a very good QB who is GREAT in the clutch. Romo is a good QB who is great at improvising.

No issue with what you've said. Sometimes it is the receivers fault, sometimes it's the QBs. Typically, the numbers balance out and the QB throws enough bad balls that his interception total remains where it is. Here's a link that further explains:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2012/adjusted-interceptions-2011

That said TD-INT ratio is a bit overrated, but at the same time I don't think anyone judges turnover prone QBs by their TD--INT ratio. It's more by INTs per attempt, and outside of this season and the post season, Eli hasn't been very good in that regard.

Drez
10-25-2012, 11:35 AM
lol, i find it funny people love to play this "5 int" on Romo. yeah he gets stuck with that label cause he's the qb but any realistic football person knows he didnt "throw 5 ints" in that game. like Nt says, it was more of a 2 int game. and a fumble. still nothing to be bragging on but at least get realistic about that "5 ints". the tyree catch....are you serious? lolololol. moron If that's case, then Eli didn't throw 25 picks in '10.

GameTime
10-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Romo.....better at scrambling and throwing on the run.
Eli......better QB hands down

end of discussion

tcseacliff
10-27-2012, 07:29 PM
I still to this day think Romo is statistically better than Eli game in an game out. His TD-INT ratio is almost always better than Eli's.

The thing about Romo is he's the anti-clutch. Something always happens (sometimes it's not even his fault, it could be his defense) to de-rail the Cowboys. And more often than not, he gets the blame.

And that's what I love about Eli, it might not be pretty, but he gets the job done in the clutch. I wouldn't trade Eli for Romo or even Brady.

when do you separate the stats from the man? Eli has it! Romo doesn't! there is just something about the excitement level , the twists and turns of a football game with Eli at the helm? many of the games he wins don't have the numbers Romo has , but is that the deciding factor who is a better QB? maybe on paper , but not on the field or in the locker room! Eli has it, took him awhile, but he is the better QB!

kudos to you guys,tuck you and NteGrsae96 etc, for all those stats which, I would have a headache and be blind by now if i had to compile them, I do learn stuff from them! how do you guys do that!???WOW!

NASTI-D-AWSUM-O
10-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Is there anyone in the football world discusssing the possibility that Eli is the best QB in the NFL? YUUUUUUUP!!!
How about Romo? NOOOOOOOOPE!!!! Conversation over.............................................. .......

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Is there anyone in the football world discusssing the possibility that Eli is the best QB in the NFL? YUUUUUUUP!!!
How about Romo? NOOOOOOOOPE!!!! Conversation over.............................................. .......Just this morning Terry Bradshaw stated that he thinks it is a big possibility that if Eli keeps playing this way he will get the MVP for the league! BTW, They also proclaimed Eli as "MR.Clutch". While I am happy for them to finally recognize our QB in this manner.......it is all a day late and a dollar short. We have known this for many seasons now.

Kez Simpson
10-28-2012, 02:03 PM
No issue with what you've said. Sometimes it is the receivers fault, sometimes it's the QBs. Typically, the numbers balance out and the QB throws enough bad balls that his interception total remains where it is. Here's a link that further explains:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2012/adjusted-interceptions-2011

That said TD-INT ratio is a bit overrated, but at the same time I don't think anyone judges turnover prone QBs by their TD--INT ratio. It's more by INTs per attempt, and outside of this season and the post season, Eli hasn't been very good in that regard.

I'm glad he is good in the regard of winning GAMES, not TD crowns or passer rating, or any of those stats that don't necessary translate to wins. Romo is a stat padder, doesn't win big games and that's how he'll be remembered. Sure he'll win regular season games, move around in the pocket, make some plays, pad his stats, post a great passer rating. He is the new-age wannabe Marino who never made it to the superbowl.

Kez Simpson
10-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Romo is in the second-tier of QBs, don't know why he is being discussed with Eli.

michael76354
10-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Lifetime quarterback ratings (entire "life" of quarterback):

1. Romo 4th in NFL (entire history of NFL) 95.9

2. Eli tied for 32nd 82.8

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

Sarcasman
10-28-2012, 03:38 PM

Sssshhhh, you. The men are talking.

Sarcasman
10-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Lifetime quarterback ratings (entire "life" of quarterback):

1. Romo 4th in NFL (entire history of NFL) 95.9

2. Eli tied for 32nd 82.8

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

I've already stated my opinion in this thread so I won't re-engage now, but as long as we're using made up statistics like passer rating (I have no idea what a "Lifetime quarterback rating" is nor do I even know where to find that stat) Let's not also forget to throw QBR, QER, and QSQB in there as well.

In a couple of weeks I"m sure there will be a few more to add to this.

NYfanatic
10-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Over or under Romo will throw 25 picks this year?

Out of Exile
10-29-2012, 11:20 PM
I only like a few Cowboys players and Romo is one of them. I can't believe how un-clutch he has been at times. Some games he looks great, some he just straight up sucks. It's pretty weird.

Out of Exile
10-29-2012, 11:23 PM
I've already stated my opinion in this thread so I won't re-engage now, but as long as we're using made up statistics like passer rating (I have no idea what a "Lifetime quarterback rating" is nor do I even know where to find that stat) Let's not also forget to throw QBR, QER, and QSQB in there as well.

In a couple of weeks I"m sure there will be a few more to add to this.

QBR is the dumbest stat of ALL TIME. It proves nothing. It puts a high emphasis on completion percentage and picks. WAY TOO MUCH emphasis.

SLUNK(three)AM
10-30-2012, 02:05 AM
The only good QB rating that matters is "WINS"

TheAnalyst
10-30-2012, 10:43 AM
The only good QB rating that matters is "WINS"

And to be honest, the only one the fans should care about is CHAMPIONSHIP WINS. Isn't that all that matters anyway? I'm not to proud of Eli's 8-8 season where he didnt make the playoffs or the 2000 Giants who came in 2nd place. It doesn't matter.

Sarcasman
11-02-2012, 08:33 PM
QBR is the dumbest stat of ALL TIME. It proves nothing. It puts a high emphasis on completion percentage and picks. WAY TOO MUCH emphasis.

All the made up stats are pointless and skewed. It's just a matter of which direction.

East Coast Bias
11-02-2012, 08:46 PM
One thing they're both great at is winning games in the 4th quarter.
Only problem is Romo usually wins them for the opponent