PDA

View Full Version : 5 things for Eli to improve on to be a top QB in the nfl

Harooni
07-11-2012, 03:58 PM
good article , some very good points

Click here LINK (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1249104-5-improvements-eli-manning-can-make-to-be-best-qb-in-nfl)

Neverend
07-11-2012, 04:04 PM
The only thing I agree with is the INTs. He did throw an interception in 8 straight games last year. But you have to take the good with the bad. The Giants were arguably the NFL's most explosive passing offense last year. Brees threw like 11 interceptions in a 6 game stretch last year. Hell the year before Brees threw at least 1 interception in 12 straight games. It happens when you're leading a very explosive and aggressive downfield passing game, which the saints and giants do

All those other perceived "flaws" I think Eli's already improved upon or is just untrue

burier
07-11-2012, 04:05 PM
bleacher report....bwahahahahahahahahaha!

Edit: to save everyone time. Poorly written and offers next to nothing as far as insight.

favorite quote: "If Eli wants to be the best quarterback in the NFL he needs to throw a tighter spiral." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Harooni
07-11-2012, 04:13 PM
the 6th thing would be no khaki pants while wearing a jersey.

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/eli-kahkis-2.jpg

oh boy ,a fashion nightmare

Neverend
07-11-2012, 04:13 PM

Edit: to save everyone time. Poorly written and offers next to nothing as far as insight.

favorite quote: "If Eli wants to be the best quarterback in the NFL he needs to throw a tighter spiral." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Its as if this was written post-2008, when Eli got into a little late season slump that year. This piece is mostly BS

GMENAGAIN
07-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Eli's not already a "top QB in the NFL"?</P>

</P>

Harooni
07-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Eli's not already a "top QB in the NFL"?</p>

</p>
I think the media is shy about proclaiming that because eli gets hot and cold at times.

i do feel personally he turned that corner as i saw a man out there instead of the awkward boy of the past. very impressed by his 49er playoff game.

btw congrats on 10,000 posts coming soon for you.

GMENAGAIN
07-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Eli's not already a "top QB in the NFL"?</P>

</P>

I think the media is shy about proclaiming that because eli gets hot and cold at times.

i do feel personally he turned that corner as i saw a man out there instead of the awkward boy of the past. very impressed by his 49er playoff game.

btw congrats on 10,000 posts coming soon for you.
</P>

I think that he is already A top QB in the league and that any further improvement will put him in the running for THE top QB in the league.</P>

Thanks for the congrats . . . . man, do I need a hobby . . . . </P>

dezzzR
07-11-2012, 04:45 PM

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/eli-kahkis-2.jpg

oh boy ,a fashion nightmare
Khakis go with everything!

MikeIsaGiant
07-11-2012, 04:46 PM
I think the most important is just keeping the ball down and that's about it.

I don't really think he forces anything that much anymore.

Last year he was actually pretty good

Harooni
07-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Khakis go with everything!

its an absolute shower

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/eli-kahkis-1.jpg

jax5338
07-11-2012, 04:51 PM

Its as if this was written post-2008, when Eli got into a little late season slump that year. This piece is mostly BS

this article honestly has the insight of a middle schooler.

in order to get better eli should throw less picks and try to be more accurate? duhhh. it doesnt offer many solutions as to how.

throw a tighter spiral? peyton throws just as many if not more ducks than eli and he seems to be fine in many people eyes.

sounds like pam oliver wrote this after one of her terribly insightful halftime interviews.

"well joe in order for the giants to win, tom coughlin says they need to play good offense and defense and score more points than the other team"

slipknottin
07-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Surely this article was written before last year, right?

Harooni
sounds like pam oliver wrote this after one of her terribly insightful halftime interviews.

"well joe in order for the giants to win, tom coughlin says they need to play good offense and defense and score more points than the other team"

lmao worst is when they ask a coach at halftime when he losing by 30 if he will make adjustments , the coach just looks so annoyed

jakegibbs

Click here LINK (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1249104-5-improvements-eli-manning-can-make-to-be-best-qb-in-nfl)

Total BS: He's already got a ticket punched to being the top ranked NYG QB in History and a HOF QB all but sown up so what else does he need to improve on?

There's an old saying Harooni... "Don't try and Fix something that Ain't Broke"... that apply's in this case.

Harooni
07-11-2012, 05:00 PM

Total BS: He's already got a ticket punched to being the top ranked NYG QB in History and a HOF QB all but sown up so what else does he need to improve on?

There's an old saying Harooni... "Don't try and Fix something that Ain't Broke"... that apply's in this case.
i dont like bleacher report much they slam tiki also.

i'm not so sure hof is locked up i think warner may be right in saying eli will need a league mvp first.

burier
07-11-2012, 05:02 PM

this article honestly has the insight of a middle schooler.

in order to get better eli should throw less picks and try to be more accurate? duhhh. it doesnt offer many solutions as to how.

throw a tighter spiral? peyton throws just as many if not more ducks than eli and he seems to be fine in many people eyes.

When I clicked the link and saw Bleacher Report I felt like I had been rickrolled.

jakegibbs
07-11-2012, 05:03 PM

i'm not so sure hof is locked up i think warner may be right in saying eli will need a league mvp first.

A friend of mine, BAMA graduate, writes articles in the bleacher report. Heck Harooni you could even write an article about Tiki in it if you wanted too. He was one of the best there for a while.

slipknottin
07-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Heck Harooni you could even write an article about Tiki in it if you wanted too.

Im sure that article would be fabulous.

Harooni
07-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Heck Harooni you could even write an article about Tiki in it if you wanted too.

we did not know his name , coach said 21 get in there, it was 3rd and 9 , he ran a sweep and picked up the first, that kid was Tiki Barber.

thats how id start it

giantsfan420
07-11-2012, 05:41 PM

i dunno. every multiple sb mvp winner is in the HOF, granted its only 4 of em and eli makes 5 iirc, dont think that changes with eli.

he has more than enough even if he were to retire today;

1 of 6 qbs all time to throw for 3k and 20 td or more 7 straight seasons (iirc could be 5 qbs all time)
record 4th quarter td passes in a season
most passer yards postseason history
6th most passing yards for reg season in nfl history
most road/neutral site postseason victories all time
like 2nd all time post season come from behind gw drives (he was tied for 3rd or 4th with 4 before the SB 46 come back)

I mean, i know around here the love is tempered bc it does go overboard quite often, but eli has had a storied career when u factor in 2 sb mvps, brother of peyton, the whole trade to NY thing...HOF voters are sports writers, and they love stories like Eli's...hes a lock to get HoF, right now he prob could get first ballot with a league mvp or a couple seasons that threaten the td and yards in a season record

edit- were eli to completely suck the rest of his career (which wont happen), then i wouldnt think he'd make the HoF...but that aint gonna happen. he's only gonna get better

Harooni
07-11-2012, 05:50 PM
i dunno. every multiple sb mvp winner is in the HOF, granted its only 4 of em and eli makes 5 iirc, dont think that changes with eli.

1 of 6 qbs all time to throw for 3k and 20 td or more 7 straight seasons (iirc could be 5 qbs all time)
like 2nd all time post season come from behind gw drives (he was tied for 3rd or 4th with 4 before the SB 46 come back)

I mean, i know around here the love is tempered bc it does go overboard quite often, but eli has had a storied career when u factor in 2 sb mvps, brother of peyton, the whole trade to NY thing...HOF voters are sports writers, and they love stories like Eli's...hes a lock to get HoF, right now he prob could get first ballot with a league mvp or a couple seasons that threaten the td and yards in a season record

edit- were eli to completely suck the rest of his career (which wont happen), then i wouldnt think he'd make the HoF...but that aint gonna happen. he's only gonna get better
its pretty hard to get into the hall fans don't realize and with the pass friendly rule changes over the years you see more and more qb's hitting 4000-5000 yards and 30+ td's. remember 2sb parcells not in first ballot. its hard trust me.

buddy33
07-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Eli could win another Super Bowl and I think he would still not get his due. Yeah, I mentioned how he was a TO machine last year, but he got better. I also always said he was a smart player. He looks like he is getting better every year.

Right now I would say he is ranked 3rd best QB in his division and if RG3 has a good year Eli will be ranked 4th in the division. This according to the media.

Do I care? No. As long as he keeps doing his thing I think it burns the "experts" even more. It's like in the NFC Championship game. How much more do you think it got to the 49ers defense that they kept hitting Eli and he kept marching the ball down the field.

jjj45
07-11-2012, 05:52 PM

we did not know his name , coach said 21 get in there, it was 3rd and 9 , he ran a sweep and picked up the first, that kid was Tiki Barber.

thats how id start it
Gee that sounds great.

Make sure you get this person to co-write it.

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsyYLNOxki1CAoKbi0k2SGZ9L1BXo_1 qyhiUP_3a9WyiYyjfslEA

Harooni
07-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Gee that sounds great.

lol

I looked over in a crowded dining room during breakfast, where Tiki and I exchanged extended eye contact...

giantsfan420
07-11-2012, 06:08 PM

its pretty hard to get into the hall fans don't realize and with the pass friendly rule changes over the years you see more and more qb's hitting 4000-5000 yards and 30+ td's.* remember 2sb parcells not in first ballot. its hard trust me.

parcells didnt get first ballot bc of the grudges the voters (who r sports writers dont forget) for the way BP treated them.

Eli has been and will continue to be sportswriter gold...first, for all the trashing they did. then for the cinderella SB, and now bc of the success and skill he has. after his career is over, people will remember how hes peytons brother and the trade just as much as they will any stat. thats why the 2 sb mvps seal it for him imho...it just has all the makings of the legends sportswriters love, plus eli has always been respectful and although he's never the center of any drama, he still gives them plenty to write about bc of who he is, and what hes accomplished...

Toadofsteel
07-11-2012, 06:21 PM

Oh, come on, blue and khaki go well together...

http://www.qwertysqoncepts.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/billy-mays.png

slipknottin
07-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Gee that sounds great.

lol

I looked over in a crowded dining room during breakfast, where Tiki and I exchanged extended eye contact...

I would pay money to read this article. No joke.

Harooni
07-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Gee that sounds great.

lol

I would pay money to read this article. No joke.

....My life was beginning to make sense again, although I couldn’t say he was enjoying his new career. But my mind was clear, and my heart was not
constantly as heavy. Only when I thought about him staying. But I knew that
in time, I’d survive it. He would retire.
Eventually the heart repairs.....

Joe Morrison
07-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Old news, </P>

Eli of the now has a good completion percentage, has cut down his ints, has improved his accuracy dramaticaly, and will continue to take a shot and stick it in there for a big play that may lead to and int., that seperates the winners from losers, not to mention he has total control of the game mentally.</P>

There is always room for improvement and he is one of the most focused qb's in the league for attention to detail, and by the way, he beat Brady Twice, Brett Farve and Aaron Rodgers, will have to wait for his next shot at Brees if Drew doesn't take the year off.</P>

miked1958
07-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Old news,* </P>

Eli of the now has a good completion percentage, has cut down his ints, has improved his accuracy dramaticaly, and will continue to take a shot and stick it in there for a big play that may lead to and int., that seperates the winners from losers, not to mention he has total control of the game mentally.</P>

There is always room for improvement and he is one of the most focused qb's in the league for attention to detail, and by the way, he beat Brady Twice, Brett Farve and Aaron Rodgers, will have to wait for his next shot at Brees if Drew doesn't take the year off.</P>He hopefully gets that shot and beats the saints and out performs drew this yr.

miked1958
07-11-2012, 07:26 PM
As far as Eli over a y of the others ahead of him in top 4.. Wouldn't trade what Eli does even with some of the chances he takes to male big play. Sometimes like u said its a pick but more times then not he stickes it in there. And who would trade away what Eli does in the last minutes of a game for Rodgers, brady, Peyton or brees. I wouldnt

jjj45
07-11-2012, 10:58 PM
....My life was beginning to make sense again, although I couldn’t say he was enjoying his new career. But my mind was clear, and my heart was not
Harooni, you are Gold.

FBomb
07-12-2012, 12:00 AM

</P>

"good article"? Really?</P>

Harooni
07-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Harooni, you are Gold.

cheers [Y] I often thought about writing a book about being a giant fan and ups and downs , love and hate and some sizzling gypsy's thrown in.

BlueSanta
07-12-2012, 12:35 AM

I dunno bout the article, but the pictures sure would....

DragonSoul
07-12-2012, 04:46 AM
ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzZZ ZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZzzz

Diamondring
07-12-2012, 05:11 AM

</P>

"good article"?* Really?</P>I won't even bother to read that.

buffyblue
07-12-2012, 09:42 AM

Eli Manning is a first ballot hall of famer at this point. I don't see why he wouldn't be.

Jim Kelly was a first ballot Hall of Famer with very comparBle stats. Well, with one obvious exception.

GameTime
07-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Eli is already a top QB in the league. </P>

I like how the article in each catagory starts out with..</P>

"this was a problem he had earlier in his career"..</P>

Can Eli improve ??? No doubt. You know who thinks that more than any of us??</P>

Its Eli himself......</P>

</P>

Drez
07-12-2012, 11:41 AM

</P>

"good article"? Really?</P>

</P>

Seriously. That was one of the dumbestand most poorly written pieces of crap I've read in quite some time. </P>

Hey, Jeff Shull,2006 wants their analysis back.</P>

jomo
07-12-2012, 11:49 AM
<FONT color=#ff0000>He left out that Eli should run up the score on weak teams late in the 4th quater like Brees to pad his stats.</FONT>

Dorkasaurus
07-12-2012, 12:38 PM
i dunno. every multiple sb mvp winner is in the HOF, granted its only 4 of em and eli makes 5 iirc, dont think that changes with eli. he has more than enough even if he were to retire today; 1 of 6 qbs all time to throw for 3k and 20 td or more 7 straight seasons (iirc could be 5 qbs all time) record 4th quarter td passes in a season most passer yards postseason history 6th most passing yards for reg season in nfl history most road/neutral site postseason victories all time like 2nd all time post season come from behind gw drives (he was tied for 3rd or 4th with 4 before the SB 46 come back) I mean, i know around here the love is tempered bc it does go overboard quite often, but eli has had a storied career when u factor in 2 sb mvps, brother of peyton, the whole trade to NY thing...HOF voters are sports writers, and they love stories like Eli's...hes a lock to get HoF, right now he prob could get first ballot with a league mvp or a couple seasons that threaten the td and yards in a season record edit- were eli to completely suck the rest of his career (which wont happen), then i wouldnt think he'd make the HoF...but that aint gonna happen. he's only gonna get better
its pretty hard to get into the hall fans don't realize and with the pass friendly rule changes over the years you see more and more qb's hitting 4000-5000 yards and 30+ td's. remember 2sb parcells not in first ballot. its hard trust me.
</P>
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>Parcells WOULD HAVE been a first ballot hall of fame if it was not for the fact of how he treated some, threw his years he had upset some bridges, some of them who are voters.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>It was their way of sending a message.</P>
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></P>
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>Parcells will be in the hall of fame.</P>
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p></P>
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>To compare Eli's personality to that of Parcells is foolish. </P>

</P>

BeatYale
07-12-2012, 02:11 PM
The only thing I agree with is the INTs. He did throw an interception in 8 straight games last year. But you have to take the good with the bad. The Giants were arguably the NFL's most explosive passing offense last year. Brees threw like 11 interceptions in a 6 game stretch last year. Hell the year before Brees threw at least 1 interception in 12 straight games. It happens when you're leading a very explosive and aggressive downfield passing game, which the saints and giants do

All those other perceived "flaws" I think Eli's already improved upon or is just untrue

I wouldn't compare him to Brees in that regard, simply because Brees had 32 more touchdowns than interceptions. Eli only had 13 more touchdowns than interceptions. Even in the previous mentioned year he ended up with more touchdowns (only 2 more I know) and fewer ints than Eli.

I personally don't care. However, the TD-Int ratio stat line is pretty much the deciding factor in how rival fans and analysts rank QB's. It's hard for someone to seriously place Eli over other QB's when they have been more efficient than he has on a consistent basis.

Is anyone questioning whether Aaron Rodgers is elite? I doubt it. What if he put up 29 TD's and 16 Ints last season? No one would rank him as the top QB with those stats, even if he had 15 TD's in the 4th Q. On paper they will notice he wasnt' as efficient as a few other QB's in the league.

rebelfan1966
07-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Total waste of print.... The article is no longer relavent.

GCGiant
07-12-2012, 03:21 PM
It's hard for someone to seriously place Eli over other QB's when they have been more efficient than he has on a consistent basis.

More efficient at what? If capturing the overall big prize factors into the equation, then Eli has been more efficient than most at getting his team into the playoffs and beyond.

TrueBlue@NYC
07-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Eli is already a top QB in the league. </P>

I like how the article in each catagory starts out with..</P>

"this was a problem he had earlier in his career"..</P>

Can Eli improve ??? No doubt. You know who thinks that more than any of us??</P>

Its Eli himself......</P>

</P>

</P>

Yeah, while I agree with the article on Eli not being THE best in the league, alot it the points it makes are either invalid or pretty much apply to every QB in the league. </P>

"Throw Less INTs" - Well, yeah you could say that about any QB. </P>

And alot of the points the wrtier makes seem more about previous seasons than how Eli played last season. </P>