PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia to hold victory parade

Red Dog
07-11-2012, 05:05 PM
According to ESPN "The winner of the offseason? The Philadelphia Eagles" Redskins and Cowboys get B's Giants c-
Philly should have a an off-season victory ticker-tape parade for another smashing victory of meaningless non-count talking-heads wins. There should be an "Off-Season Victory Trophy" so the Eagles could have something to win every year before the start of the season and something for the Cowboys to shoot for. Redskins? Year after year they remain like everyone else in DC, befuddled and apathetic

slipknottin
07-11-2012, 05:07 PM
the redskins have won every other offseason.

TennGiant13
07-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Thats their problem. The try too hard to win during the off-season that they can't win during the regular season.

I like our strategy.

buddy33
07-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Still, they have the Giants number. I'll take another split this year and eliminating them from the playoffs if possible.

MikeIsaGiant
07-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Any excuse for Reid to eat

miked1958
07-11-2012, 06:35 PM
I like winning when it counts.. Philly championship Starved since 1960 will take winning however they can get it. Lol

appodictic
07-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Winners get victor cruz autographed chunky soup can.

ShakeNBake
07-11-2012, 08:05 PM
funny thing is the bengals had a pep rally after their 9-7 season, and charged season ticket holders $10 a pop

Mercury
07-12-2012, 12:20 PM
My favorite part about their victory is that it is mostly based on their off-season moves last year, which can't fail to finally pay off this year. (At least, that's what some people think.)

Mercury
07-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Oh, and I'll bet they are all thinking about who is going to be protecting Vick this year. (Philly is really going to miss Peters this year.) I hope Vick has his kevlar bodysuit ready, he's going to need it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82917fca/article/eagles-lt-jason-peters-ruptures-his-achilles-again

easterbeast
07-12-2012, 12:53 PM
eagle fans were so desperate for a championship they were all cheering for a racehorse because he was born near philly

jimsgints
07-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Even if it was the Jets vs the Eagles in the SB I'd take the Jets all day. But that would mean the fancy pats wouldn't have made it. Ha!

jomo
07-12-2012, 01:31 PM
According to ESPN "The winner of the offseason? The Philadelphia Eagles" Redskins and Cowboys get B's Giants c- Philly should have a an off-season victory ticker-tape parade for another smashing victory of meaningless non-count talking-heads wins. There should be an "Off-Season Victory Trophy" so the Eagles could have something to win every year before the start of the season and something for the Cowboys to shoot for. Redskins? Year after year they remain like everyone else in DC, befuddled and apathetic<FONT color=#ff0000>"dream team baby!"</FONT>

Pakman
07-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Even if it was the Jets vs the Eagles in the SB I'd take the Jets all day. But that would mean the fancy pats wouldn't have made it. Ha!

Anyone who would root for the Eagles in that scenario ...has issues.

appletree943
07-12-2012, 04:03 PM
how? all 3 teams made more moves than us *shrugs*

pino
07-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Instead of visiting the White House, they get to visit our trophy room.

JJC7301
07-12-2012, 10:42 PM
According to ESPN "The winner of the offseason? The Philadelphia Eagles" Redskins and Cowboys get B's Giants c-
Philly should have a an off-season victory ticker-tape parade for another smashing victory of meaningless non-count talking-heads wins. There should be an "Off-Season Victory Trophy" so the Eagles could have something to win every year before the start of the season and something for the Cowboys to shoot for. Redskins? Year after year they remain like everyone else in DC, befuddled and apathetic
And the Giants will continue to keep getting a "C" when it comes to the offseason because we draft well and sign our own very good players who are expensive. Our opponents who earn "A's" are making "sexy" and expensive moves because they feel that they need to in order to cover the holes that they have at key positions.

That goes for the draft as well -- our opponents are drafting WR's, CB's, QB's and DE's, but the Giants are already stocked and seasoned at those positions. We generally don't need to fill those sexy positions because we've already got them covered.

A QB like Eli is expensive and worth the money compared to Vick, Romo, and an unproven rookie named RGIII.

We spend money on DE's, which are key, and they are expensive.

CW is one of the best CB's in the league. Expensive.

We've spent expensive money on Canty, Rolle, and Baas, but not quite as expensive as some of the other players that the other teams have signed (i.e. Asomghua).

Plus, we've got to watch it with our caps and contracts over the next few years with Nicks, Tuck, JPP, and Cruz needing to be extended.

Point is, we draft well and spend our money on keeping our home grown talent at key positions like QB, DE, WR, and CB. I can't say that for the other teams.

But I will say that the Eagles are a dangerous team and if Vick is healthy, then watch out. Still, while they always have our #, I will always like our chances over the long haul.

FBomb
07-12-2012, 10:46 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_fi8nWMyOVJELA-Tvb7pqfqt2_qXDRJl7bRnysK5xE_c698wH</P>

FBomb
07-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Here's the trophy....</P>

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsvB83zxVVsZ89cZWgdyXV42u0UYxvw sjWvto66a_FvvRJU9iAfw</P>

G-Men Surg.
07-13-2012, 02:39 AM
Michael Lombardi picks Redskins to win NFC East - DC Sports ...
Former team executive and current analyst joins Rex Grossman in predicting a division title for Washington.
www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/michael... - Cached
More results from washingtonpost.com

This article from last offseason is really funny !