PDA

View Full Version : ESPYS

bELIeve_in_Giants
07-12-2012, 12:40 AM
I sat through the entire show to watch the Giants not get a thing. Oh well. Eli and Peyton both looked good wearing brown shoes with their suits ;)

Rudyy
07-12-2012, 12:42 AM
It's a popularity contest.

TheBookOfEli
07-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Can't believe the Heat won best team.

My hatred for them has officially surpassed the Eagles.

miked1958
07-12-2012, 01:53 AM
I sat through the entire show to watch the Giants not get a thing. Oh well. Eli and Peyton both looked good wearing brown shoes with their suits ;)Who got the best play award? Thought the Eli to MM play would be it for sure

rainierjef
07-12-2012, 02:58 AM
tim tebow and demarius thomas for that pass in the playoff game vs the steelers in overtime. that's the only award i agree with everything else was pretty stupid. leborn and the heat winning smh stupid

Rat_bastich
07-12-2012, 04:44 AM
Can't believe the Heat won best team.

My hatred for them has officially surpassed the Eagles.

You figure the Super Bowl was 5 months ago and the Miami Heat's win was only a couple of weeks. It is much more fresh in the minds of the voters.

dsd28
07-12-2012, 05:01 AM
i didnt watch it, but according to this article, Coughlin won best coach

"Coach/Manager of Year: Tom Coughlin, who won his second Super
Bowl in January, beating New England 21-17. Coughlin became the oldest
coach at age 65 to win a Super Bowl with the title."

http://espn.go.com/espys/story/_/id/8158208/lebron-james-justin-verlander-robert-griffin-iii-espy-nominees

miked1958
07-12-2012, 05:02 AM
tim tebow and demarius thomas for that pass in the playoff game vs the steelers in overtime. that's the only award i agree with everything else was pretty stupid. leborn and the heat winning smh stupid
Well I can agree it was a very impt play In OT I that huge upset. IMO though with just over 3 minutes left in the biggest game of all pinned on your own 12 losing to the Pats that was a huge throw placing the ball in like he did in the perfect spot. Tebow's theow in OT was much easier to make

miked1958
07-12-2012, 05:02 AM

Sorry this was double post from one right above it. Delete please

miked1958
07-12-2012, 05:05 AM
i didnt watch it, but according to this article, Coughlin won best coach

"Coach/Manager of Year: Tom Coughlin, who won his second Super
Bowl in January, beating New England 21-17. Coughlin became the oldest
coach at age 65 to win a Super Bowl with the title."

http://espn.go.com/espys/story/_/id/8158208/lebron-james-justin-verlander-robert-griffin-iii-espy-nominees

Wow. Okay. This is awesome of correct?

Just checked and it is true. Great!

miked1958
07-12-2012, 05:08 AM
Jermey Lin won breakout player.
Best game was Sf vs Saints. No surprise there

buddy33
07-12-2012, 08:44 AM
How was Cruz not break out player?

bELIeve_in_Giants
07-12-2012, 09:52 AM
They must not have given out best coach on the air.

The Tebow play was "best moment"

Best play was an Indiana basketball play. Eli and MM weren't nominated I don't think. Eli was up for best Championship performance, but that went to Lebron.

Victor wasn't even nominated for best breakout player - that went to jeremey Lin, btw.

MikeIsaGiant
07-12-2012, 10:20 AM
It's a popularity contest.

Yepp, exactly

gumby742
07-12-2012, 10:29 AM
How was Cruz not break out player? This I agree with. Or, at least he should be nominated. Or was he? Well, I'm a Lin fanboy so i don't mind. Completely undeserving thoughafter only playing 25 games. But whatever.

GiantPride27
07-12-2012, 10:33 AM
I sat through the entire show to watch the Giants not get a thing. Oh well. Eli and Peyton both looked good wearing brown shoes with their suits ;)

http://www.giants101.com/2012/07/12/new-york-giants-tom-coughlin-wins-espy-for-best-managercoach/

bELIeve_in_Giants
07-12-2012, 10:41 AM

http://www.giants101.com/2012/07/12/new-york-giants-tom-coughlin-wins-espy-for-best-managercoach/

Yeah, i saw that this morning. It wasn't part of the broadcast though.

giantsfan420
07-12-2012, 10:41 AM
How was Cruz not break out player?* This I agree with.* Or, at least he should be nominated.* Or was he?* Well, I'm a Lin fanboy so i don't mind.* Completely undeserving though*after only playing 25 games.* But whatever.

knicks forum this way, lin forum that way...just playing lol im a big lin fan myself and i too feel it was undeserving.
he beat out some actual break out players too, like legitimate nominees. with lins sample size i dont feel he was a legitimate nominee. and cruz wasnt even nominated for it.

it was a fan vote tho, and absolutely no offense or racism intended at all, but the asian community (which is huge) vote probably impacted the winner.

G-Stan
07-12-2012, 10:55 AM
I knew the Giants wasn't going to win because of The Heat's victory . They had the most recent win out of all the nominees so that's what's fresh on everyone's mind.

"What have you done lately?"

manning to shockey
07-12-2012, 11:02 AM
The Coach of the Year award to Coughlin was given out on air an hour before the ESPY's started.

gumby742
07-12-2012, 11:46 AM
How was Cruz not break out player? This I agree with. Or, at least he should be nominated. Or was he? Well, I'm a Lin fanboy so i don't mind. Completely undeserving thoughafter only playing 25 games. But whatever. knicks forum this way, lin forum that way...just playing lol im a big lin fan myself and i too feel it was undeserving. he beat out some actual break out players too, like legitimate nominees. with lins sample size i dont feel he was a legitimate nominee. and cruz wasnt even nominated for it. it was a fan vote tho, and absolutely no offense or racism intended at all, but the asian community (which is huge) vote probably impacted the winner.</P>

Lin is going to be an allstar and receive the most amoujnt of votes every year - like Yao Ming did.</P>

miked1958
07-12-2012, 11:48 AM
How was Cruz not break out player?Now I am a huge Knicks fan and love Lin. However I have to agree with u. Lin only did his thing in a small window of the season before he was injured and gone for the year.

CruZ on the other hand went wire to Eire for the Gmen helping them pull out games they needed all along the reg season and games they had to have just to make the playoffs. He then continued his Awesome play in the playoffs , in that NFCCG and on the biggest stage ever the SB. So IMO he should of won it hands down

yoeddy
07-12-2012, 11:49 AM
How was Cruz not break out player?* This I agree with.* Or, at least he should be nominated.* Or was he?* Well, I'm a Lin fanboy so i don't mind.* Completely undeserving though*after only playing 25 games.* But whatever. knicks forum this way, lin forum that way...just playing lol im a big lin fan myself and i too feel it was undeserving. he beat out some actual break out players too, like legitimate nominees. with lins sample size i dont feel he was a legitimate nominee. and cruz wasnt even nominated for it. it was a fan vote tho, and absolutely no offense or racism intended at all, but the asian community (which is huge) vote probably impacted the winner.</P>

Lin is going to be an allstar and receive the most amoujnt of votes every year - like Yao Ming did.</P>

Yao Ming eventually became the best player at his position in the league...hopefully the same will happen for Lin...

burier
07-12-2012, 11:50 AM
lol@ discussing the Knicks.

I acutally saw Ewing at CVS a few months ago. Looks like he could still play. The Nicks should give him a call.

titwio
07-12-2012, 11:54 AM

Yeah, i saw that this morning.* It wasn't part of the broadcast though.

Yeah it wasn't part of the show...It was like they erased anything credited to the Giants except the nomination for best team.

I knew the Giants were long shot to win anything but still...I was disappointed in the show overall. Especially since the ESPY award show in 2008 was so much better.

EliTE
07-12-2012, 06:17 PM
How was Cruz not break out player?him not even being nominated was ludicrous

miked1958
07-12-2012, 06:54 PM
How was Cruz not break out player?him not even being nominated was ludicrousOkay wait.. Not winning it is one thing. Not even being nominated for the award is a slap in the face

greenca190
07-12-2012, 06:57 PM
I knew the Giants wasn't going to win because of The Heat's victory . They had the most recent win out of all the nominees so that's what's fresh on everyone's mind.

"What have you done lately?"

I doubt the Kings game in second...

greenca190
07-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Berman had a good speech where he congratulated Eli.

Stop getting all huffy puffy about an awards show. I don't think anyone really cares about winning one of those things. Even if I managed to find one, I'd probably only be able to get like 25 bucks for it on Ebay.

"Rah rah rah, the media doesn't give us any credit, angry angry rah rah..."

rainierjef
07-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Well I can agree it was a very impt play In OT I that huge upset. IMO though with just over 3 minutes left in the biggest game of all pinned on your own 12 losing to the Pats that was a huge throw placing the ball in like he did in the perfect spot. Tebow's theow in OT was much easier to make

well ourt play wasn't even one of the nominations for that award. plus its tebow, eli will never beat out tebow as far as popularity is concerned. and also its tebow the horrible QB that made a good throw for a TD to beat a favorite. elis throw was great on a big scale and i agree with you but when it comes to that guy you just have to accept it for what it is

titwio
07-12-2012, 10:57 PM

Stop getting all huffy puffy about an awards show. I don't think anyone really cares about winning one of those things. Even if I managed to find one, I'd probably only be able to get like 25 bucks for it on Ebay.

I take it your responding to my comment since it was in reply to the number of my post.

First of all...where am I getting huffy and puffy...lol?? And all that rah rah rah BS doesn't apply at all to what I said.

You should save the speech for someone who gives a crap. I don't make comments about Giants lack of respect from ESPN or the other BS spewed in articles...I prefer the Giants stay under the radar.

But hey...feel free to assume, I guess.

greenca190
07-12-2012, 11:15 PM

I take it your responding to my comment since it was in reply to the number of my post.

First of all...where am I getting huffy and puffy...lol?? And all that rah rah rah BS doesn't apply at all to what I said.

You should save the speech for someone who gives a crap. I don't make comments about Giants lack of respect from ESPN or the other BS spewed in articles...I prefer the Giants stay under the radar.

But hey...feel free to assume, I guess.

No, you're just wrong from the beginning. I wasn't directing anything at you.

Carry on.

titwio
07-12-2012, 11:23 PM

Carry on.

Well if that's the case then I apologize. But your comment WAS in response to mine...just to let you know. You should watch whose comment you reply to.

2578687 in reply to 2578510

greenca190
07-12-2012, 11:46 PM

Carry on.

Well if that's the case then I apologize. But your comment WAS in response to mine...just to let you know. You should watch whose comment you reply to.

I always press reply from the last one posted. If I'm actually speaking to you I'll quote you.

Carry on.

titwio
07-12-2012, 11:50 PM

Carry on.

I always press reply from the last one posted. If I'm actually speaking to you I'll quote you.

Carry on.

That's not how it works.

Carry on.

greenca190
07-13-2012, 12:13 AM

Carry on.

Carry on.

That's not how it works.

Carry on.

I've been posting on here for years and you're the first one to say something. Maybe no one besides you gives a ****?

titwio
07-13-2012, 01:22 AM

Carry on.

Carry on.

That's not how it works.

Carry on.

I've been posting on here for years and you're the first one to say something. Maybe no one besides you gives a ****?

I already said I apologize when you said the comment wasn't aimed at me...Your the one who won't let it go with your condescending "carry on"... BS!

I'll leave much alone cause I'm sure you'll want me to "carry on"...So... peace bra.

greenca190
07-13-2012, 01:31 AM

Carry on.

Carry on.

That's not how it works.

Carry on.

I already said I apologize when you said the comment wasn't aimed at me...Your the one who won't let it go with your condescending "carry on"... BS!

I'll leave much alone cause I'm sure you'll want me to "carry on"...So... peace bra.

so emotional

titwio
07-13-2012, 01:35 AM

Carry on.

Carry on.

That's not how it works.

Carry on.

so emotional

lol...We done? Can we carry on?

greenca190
07-13-2012, 01:39 AM

Carry on.

Carry on.

That's not how it works.

Carry on.

so emotional

Me and you. You bring all your friends, I'll bring all mine.

You still got AIM? Or Skype?

titwio
07-13-2012, 01:45 AM

Carry on.

Carry on.

That's not how it works.

Carry on.

so emotional

Me and you. You bring all your friends, I'll bring all mine.

You still got AIM? Or Skype?

LMFAO