PDA

View Full Version : When can I dig my gnome up (if ever)?!?!?!?!

BlueJayC
07-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Poor little guy has beenburied upside down in the dirt since the first Dallasgame last year......</P>

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/jasonjcollins/GnomeSign2.jpg</P>

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/jasonjcollins/FeartheGnome3.jpg</P>

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/jasonjcollins/BradyGnome.jpg</P>

MikeIsaGiant
07-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Never, let it rest in peace where it belongs. Sorry Gnomey, but you are the best

Drez
07-13-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm not superstitious at all, but if I were, I'd wait until we are eliminated from post-season play. Until then, the Gnome serves as a guardian for our post-season hopes and dreams.

Mercury
07-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Gnomes belong underground. Just leave him there.

RoanokeFan
07-13-2012, 12:12 PM
He's serving a noble purpose right where he is.

pino
07-13-2012, 12:15 PM
If you bring the gnome up now, it may never forgive you. It knows what it must do.

gumby742
07-13-2012, 12:21 PM
I'd bring up him up. I hear gnomes have limited amounts of magic to work. Give him some rest and only use him when we really need it! Like come playoff time!</P>

Just make sure to give him truffles or whatever the hell gnomes eat. I'm in a really strange mood.</P>

jomo
07-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Change nothing, water liberally, fertilize occaisionally. Revere the gnome!

egyptian420
07-13-2012, 12:41 PM
I'd bring up him up. I hear gnomes have limited amounts of magic to work. Give him some rest and only use him when we really need it! Like come playoff time!</p>

Just make sure to give him truffles or whatever the hell gnomes eat. I'm in a really strange mood.</p>
hmm....I was going to say change nothing, but this brings up a good point

Giantsin04
07-13-2012, 12:57 PM
That Gnome needs to stay in his final resting place. I suggest buying a new Gnome for the next season. Treat him well, very well, and when playoff time comes, bury that guy deep. Right next to his legendary cousin who won the superbowl. If he is as successful as his cousin, he too can rest peacefully in his home in the ground.

SweetZombieJesus
07-13-2012, 01:37 PM
I love it! Make him a skylight.

Kendo15
07-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Gnome is where the heart is.

BigBluePoint
07-13-2012, 02:02 PM
I am ground zero, the first Giants fan to bury his gnome.

I am. I really am.

Of course, it was my wife who gave me the idea after I cussed the little fellow out when he didn't work his magic right out of the box (we lost a game).

The legions here who followed my lead were fantastic. You guys really outdid yourselves and had me in stitches and beaming with pride when this semi-odd movement took root. (By the way, your pix and posts were hilarious). They still bring a huge grin to my face.

But you can't argue with success. We won a Super Bowl with the little rascas buried upside down in our yards.

Mine, too, is still there. Plus, I've planted a Giants flag on a pole right next to him to add to the shrine's power.

I will personally be forever indebted to my gnome for making last season one to remember forever.

He shall remain buried feet pointed to heaven until I feel his magic is waning.

Maybe it could only last for one magical season. Maybe he has an expiration date. Maybe some other strange tradition will take hold and help us win this season.

But one thing is for sure...last year, the gnome certainly brought it home!

Thanks, my fine, bearded and very dirty friend!

G-Man67
07-13-2012, 06:35 PM
that lucky gnome should never rome alone

your only excuse would be if an 8+ chick went "ewwww what is that" even after a complete explanation

Diamondring
07-14-2012, 08:31 AM
I'd bring up him up.* I hear gnomes have limited amounts of magic to work.* Give him some rest and only use him when we really need it!** Like come playoff time!</P>

Just make sure to give him truffles or whatever the hell gnomes eat.** I'm in a really strange mood.</P>I would have to agree cause I don't know anything about them. Yet are they like batteries and can they last for many years?

bLuereverie
07-14-2012, 08:55 AM
I say you dump a nice layer of concrete on top.

Diamondring
07-14-2012, 09:14 AM
I say you dump a nice layer of concrete on top.That would mess up the balance.

miked1958
07-14-2012, 10:05 AM
I'd say leave him where he is for now?

By the way.. I have my own list of rituals I did all last season that's an arm long. I posted a thread here after the SB win. Guys got a kick out of it... Will bump that thread up soon

miked1958
07-14-2012, 10:06 AM
I am ground zero, the first Giants fan to bury his gnome.

I am. I really am.

Of course, it was my wife who gave me the idea after I cussed the little fellow out when he didn't work his magic right out of the box (we lost a game).

The legions here who followed my lead were fantastic. You guys really outdid yourselves and had me in stitches and beaming with pride when this semi-odd movement took root. (By the way, your pix and posts were hilarious). They still bring a huge grin to my face.

But you can't argue with success. We won a Super Bowl with the little rascas buried upside down in our yards.

Mine, too, is still there.* Plus, I've planted a Giants flag on a pole right next to him to add to the shrine's power.

I will personally be forever indebted to my gnome for making last season one to remember forever.

He shall remain buried feet pointed to heaven until I feel his magic is waning.

Maybe it could only last for one magical season. Maybe he has an expiration date. Maybe some other strange tradition will take hold and help us win this season.

But one thing is for sure...last year, the gnome certainly brought it home!

Thanks, my fine, bearded and very dirty friend!
YOU SIR I Need to Thank personally!! If not for you and your quick thinking we'd have been sunk last year. So I tip my hat to you. Keep up the good work this season!

chasjay
07-14-2012, 12:13 PM
I think there is some logic in bringing him up for training camp and pre-season, and then returning him to his hallowed ground the day the game 45 roster is announced for the kickoff against Dallas.

But it was your foresight that got us SB XLVI, so take my suggestions with a large grain of salt.

SEC105
07-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Legend has it took 11 MEN to dig this "little fella" up after the Giants won the 1934 sneaker Championship game.....for those of you not in the know.....thats a 6 stockade fence behind......</P>

"THE GNOME"http://www.weirdus.com/states/new_york/roadside_oddities/sphinx/1_small.jpg</P>

</P>

JJC7301
07-14-2012, 11:52 PM
Let him rest, but get another one and start putting him in the ground when the new season starts.

ShakeNBake
07-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Let him rest, but get another one and start putting him in the ground when the new season starts.

He should bury the new one right on top of the old one, personally I would never dig up the first gnome

GiantSinceBirth78
07-15-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm not superstitious at all, but if I were, I'd wait until we are eliminated from post-season play. Until then, the Gnome serves as a guardian for our post-season hopes and dreams. This is the best course of action. It's been said, the Gnome stays underground until we are eliminated from post-season play.

Jiffy Jeff
07-16-2012, 10:05 AM
I'd bring up him up.* I hear gnomes have limited amounts of magic to work.* Give him some rest and only use him when we really need it!** Like come playoff time!</p>

Just make sure to give him truffles or whatever the hell gnomes eat.** I'm in a really strange mood.</p>
hmm....I was going to say change nothing, but this brings up a good point

Gnomes eat Necco Wafers.