PDA

View Full Version : Foreign fan going to DC on the Fall, would love to watch a Giants game

Aukh
07-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Okay, so I might be going to D.C. in late September/early October and I would like to watch a Giants game. On the schedule thereís a game in Philly on the 30th and one in New York on the 7th. The Philly game might be more complicated because that day is going to be pretty busy so Iím focusing on the game in New York against the Browns.

Since this would be my first time in the U.S. Iím a little lost so I would really appreciate if you guys could lend me your expertise to a fellow Giants fan.

First, is it actually viable to travel to New York from D.C. via train or bus for the game? What would be my best option regarding traveling?

Second, what is the best way to buy tickets?

Third, while just being able to watch a game at the stadium would be a dream coming true, Iím only able to afford the cheapest tickets. So howís the view from the cheap seats?

Thatís all I can think about for now. Do you guys have any tips that I forgot to ask for?

BlueBlooded1979
07-17-2012, 01:15 AM
First. The commute from DC to the NYC area is actually pretty easy. Roughly 3 hours on Amtrak to MetroPark NJ (or NYC depending on timing/cost). Either of those to Giants Stadium is about 40min on NJ transit trains.

Second. TicketExchange if possible.

Third. I have heard that they aren't bad. I have gotten decent seats in the corner areas of the lower deck for decent prices. No matter what seat you get they are nothing compared to what you see on TV. Going to the game is about the energy and experience.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-17-2012, 01:30 AM
Okay, so I might be going to D.C. in late September/early October and I would like to watch a Giants game. On the schedule thereís a game in Philly on the 30th and one in New York on the 7th. The Philly game might be more complicated because that day is going to be pretty busy so Iím focusing on the game in New York against the Browns.

Since this would be my first time in the U.S. Iím a little lost so I would really appreciate if you guys could lend me your expertise to a fellow Giants fan.

First, is it actually viable to travel to New York from D.C. via train or bus for the game? What would be my best option regarding traveling?

Second, what is the best way to buy tickets?

Third, while just being able to watch a game at the stadium would be a dream coming true, Iím only able to afford the cheapest tickets. So howís the view from the cheap seats?

Thatís all I can think about for now. Do you guys have any tips that I forgot to ask for?
If you go in philly, don't wear blue unless you are with 10 other people, or else you won't have a head by the third quarter. The fans there are worse people than the drug lords in the favelas of Rio de Janeiro. The commute from DC to East Rutherford is pretty reasonable. There are some Chinatown busses that go there that are probably around $40 round trip.
Here are good bus tix for you.
http://search.gotobus.com/bus/bus.do?option=Select&st=0&nm=3838&bus_from=Washing ton,%20DC&bus_to=New%20York,%20NY&sbus_from=Washin gton,%20DC&sbus_to=New%20York,%20NY&filter_date=20 12-10-07&date=&quantity=1&roundtrip=1&return_date=2012-10-07&operator=&gid=3838 I'd recommend catching the 7AM one and arriving at Penn station. Then I think there is a train to Giants stadium from there... but I usually go take the Port Authority bus station bus though and that isnt far from Penn Station. Round trip from PABS to Giants stadium is $10. So transportation to and from NYC plus getting to Giants stadium is $50. As for tix to the actual game... idk.