PDA

View Full Version : Martellus bennett officially down to 275 pounds now

Neverend
07-13-2012, 08:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPJN7-E5Ac&feature=relmfu

I wasn't a huge fan of this guy based on his reputation of bad character, that stuff on hard knocks, and underachieving in 2009 when the cowboys intended a larger role for him on offense

but it seems, according to that video, this dude is really busting his *** off. He looks very determined to have the year of his career. That video is highly recommended for anyone who still has any qualms about him after he ballooned to 296 pounds (according to what the trainer said) because of the hamstring injury, weight lifting, and eating.

again.. highly recommend anyone watching that. its rather long, but its very informative and I enjoyed it. He worked a ton of catching drills too... definitely helps him in the receiving game to some extent

TuckYou
07-13-2012, 08:10 PM
Thanks for posting. Didn't watch all 30min but saw enough. I wad stoked when we signed this dude. He is going to be a beast. 1 year contract with all that athletic ability. He will turn heads this year.

Neverend
07-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks for posting. Didn't watch all 30min but saw enough. I wad stoked when we signed this dude. He is going to be a beast. 1 year contract with all that athletic ability. He will turn heads this year.

If he turns into a beast as you say, I'm wondering if we can afford to give this guy a guaranteed contract with lots of money. I think the cap stays flat next year

if ends up surpassing some people's expectaions (like my own)... hell we may not even have the guy in 2013 lol

Rat_bastich
07-13-2012, 08:18 PM
I was watching the Giants.com feature on the new guys and Bennett is a big guy. Not fat, but big. If he was 290+ in that feature then I don't see a problem with him carrying that weight unless it is slowing him down.

TuckYou
07-13-2012, 08:19 PM

If he turns into a beast as you say, I'm wondering if we can afford to give this guy a guaranteed contract with lots of money. I think the cap stays flat next year

if ends up surpassing some people's expectaions (like my own)... hell we may not even have the guy in 2013 lol

Doubt it. 1 year rental. We will get Ballard back, develop Robinson. He is looking to cash in off this year and knows Eli will find him if he gains his trust and stays in shape and healthy. I'm thinking 800 yards, 7-9 tds, and some great blocking. That's a great year for a te in our system.

fourth&forever
07-13-2012, 08:20 PM

Right. We won't overpay for this guy next year. Some youngsters will be waiting to take his spot by next year. Maybe even this year. Pope is a magician.

egyptian420
07-13-2012, 08:26 PM
He's certainly not "fat".......and even if he doesn't turn out to be the best pass catching TE, he can definitely help the run game, that's for sure

Toadofsteel
07-13-2012, 08:43 PM

Doubt it. 1 year rental. We will get Ballard back, develop Robinson. He is looking to cash in off this year and knows Eli will find him if he gains his trust and stays in shape and healthy. I'm thinking 800 yards, 7-9 tds, and some great blocking. That's a great year for a te in our system.

We'd have to give up a draft pick for Ballard though, since Belicheck is pretty much holding him hostage for ransom now...

fourth&forever
07-13-2012, 09:11 PM

We'd have to give up a draft pick for Ballard though, since Belicheck is pretty much holding him hostage for ransom now...
this is really ****ed up.

giantsfan420
07-13-2012, 09:24 PM
i dont think its any secret that i was and am a huge proponent of signing bennett. pretty much the second the SB ended, I was counting down to hear what happened with him. My sig for a while was "dream situation: sign bennett"...

i believe he is going to have a phenomenal year. he is a physical beast. he has all the tools. and he is a ready made blocker, a dam good one too...i have no doubt eli will turn this guy loose and he'll be a nightmare for defenses. i also think his kinda personality will mesh well with eli.

fourth&forever
07-13-2012, 09:43 PM
i dont think its any secret that i was and am a huge proponent of signing bennett. pretty much the second the SB ended, I was counting down to hear what happened with him. My sig for a while was "dream situation: sign bennett"...

i believe he is going to have a phenomenal year. he is a physical beast. he has all the tools. and he is a ready made blocker, a dam good one too...i have no doubt eli will turn this guy loose and he'll be a nightmare for defenses. i also think his kinda personality will mesh well with eli.
Glad to hear he is a blocker first. Maybe he will be a good match. We need O-line support in the worst way.

NYG 5
07-13-2012, 09:50 PM

800 yards? thats a tall order for such a big TE in an offense that doesn't really has them stretching the field to begin with. for example, Shockey's best year was about 800 yards. the TD numbers sound right.

btw how big did Howard Cross ever get?

Rat_bastich
07-13-2012, 10:53 PM

800 yards? thats a tall order for such a big TE in an offense that doesn't really has them stretching the field to begin with. for example, Shockey's best year was about 800 yards. the TD numbers sound right.

They had Howard Cross at 6'5" and 270 lbs. but I think in his later years he was much heavier..and not solid heavy.

miked1958
07-13-2012, 11:22 PM

We'd have to give up a draft pick for Ballard though, since Belicheck is pretty much holding him hostage for ransom now...Does he become an URFA after next season? That would mean he can visit and sign with any team included the giants

JJC7301
07-14-2012, 01:00 AM
Didn't he say that his weight gain had been muscle? If so, is he know shedding muscle?

THE_New_York_Giants
07-14-2012, 01:33 AM
Didn't he say that his weight gain had been muscle? If so, is he know shedding muscle?

muscle, water, fat. His BMI was around 11 I think. He is probably down to 7 or 8 now. Low enough to mess up the menstrual cycle of a woman.

G-Man67
07-14-2012, 02:08 AM
if he has twice his weight in receiving yards, then i will be satisfied

greenca190
07-14-2012, 02:08 AM
Martellus just likes to have fun while he's bustin' his ***.

I honestly feel like if he was a woman, he would be on Maury every week trying to collect child support. But I sure as hell hope he can play tight end.

greenca190
07-14-2012, 02:13 AM
The white guy seems to have absolutely no trouble during the drills. Why don't we sign him?

egyptian420
07-14-2012, 02:54 AM

muscle, water, fat. His BMI was around 11 I think. He is probably down to 7 or 8 now. Low enough to mess up the menstrual cycle of a woman.

Are you outta your mind??? There is no way on earth he's under 20 on the BMI. Even olympic runners who don't have a gram of fat in their body are around 10-15.

Rat_bastich
07-14-2012, 05:08 AM

muscle, water, fat.* His BMI was around 11 I think.* He is probably down to 7 or 8 now.* Low enough to mess up the menstrual cycle of a woman.

Are you outta your mind??? There is no way on earth he's under 20 on the BMI. Even olympic runners who don't have a gram of fat in their body are around 10-15.

I think even Michael Phelps is at 22 and the man is nothing but lean muscle and Subway sandwiches.

Captain Chaos
07-14-2012, 05:49 AM
I think 600 yds 7-8 tds would be a great year. If he exceeds that and builds some chemestry he will signs back with the giants next year.

Toadofsteel
07-14-2012, 09:11 AM

We'd have to give up a draft pick for Ballard though, since Belicheck is pretty much holding him hostage for ransom now...Does he become an URFA after next season? That would mean he can visit and sign with any team included the giants

No, from what I remember he's going to be restricted rather than unrestricted... the new CBA extends the RFA timeframe one extra year. The Pats could sign him for a ridiculous amount (preventing other teams from signing him) and try to trade him...

juice33s
07-14-2012, 10:32 AM
The guy's garbage. I also watched this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgLTw6zCdw0&feature=relmfu) and it looks to me like this guy is severely lacking in the fire and intensity department. He doesn't know what hard work is, he does everything in slow motion and it translates to the playing field where he also plays slow.

He also sucks at taking direction. I don't know how many times the trainer told him to do something correctly and MB just continued to do it wrong. With that said the trainer also sucks for not MAKING him do it correctly.....I put my 20 pound Beagle through tougher workouts.

Pa1jintfan
07-14-2012, 10:42 AM
I agree with the one year rental. I think we have huge plans for the rook Robinson. He is pretty similar to Bennett in size and ability. He will learn a lot this year, and be Antonio gates next year...... Hoping......

giantsfan420
07-14-2012, 10:56 AM
I agree with the one year rental. I think we have huge plans for the rook Robinson. He is pretty similar to Bennett in size and ability. He will learn a lot this year, and be Antonio gates next year...... Hoping......

the thing that jr doesnt get enough credit for is that he can take a player who is roughly as talented as a top round pick, but without the whole dive attitude. Robinson has elite TE measurables imo. but bc he didnt do much in college, and is relatively unknown, he doesnt have that big head that can often come with those highly skilled players (and in many instances, ruin their career)

I look at our drafts going back befoe he was even named GM, and I see players taken in latter rounds, who didnt have huge collegiate careers or they had issues with off field stuff, that have ended up contributing as much as 1rst rounders...

i expect robinson to develop and contribute for much of his rookie contract, and to do so without any drama.

Diamondring
07-14-2012, 11:07 AM
With the wrs we have, Bennet should be real good for us if he can block well wich we need a lot. Extra blockers and receivers in one can really help the Giants right folks?

bLuereverie
07-14-2012, 11:30 AM

muscle, water, fat.* His BMI was around 11 I think.* He is probably down to 7 or 8 now.* Low enough to mess up the menstrual cycle of a woman.

He meant body fat percentage.

Diamondring
07-14-2012, 11:31 AM

He meant body fat percentage.Damn, he having all that body fat isn't a good thing. I hope he can get a little slimmer.

slipknottin
07-14-2012, 11:39 AM
]Damn, he having all that body fat isn't a good thing. I hope he can get a little slimmer.

11 on body fat percentage is very low. Generally linemen in football are somewhere between 15-20%, while the skill position guys are 9-12%.

Anything below 5% is unhealthy

B&RWarrior
07-14-2012, 11:44 AM
]Damn, he having all that body fat isn't a good thing. I hope he can get a little slimmer.

11 on body fat percentage is very low. Generally linemen in football are somewhere between 15-20%, while the skill position guys are 9-12%.

Anything below 5% is unhealthy

I he can't catch or block I could care less about his physique. So far he has proven neither watching his game film.

bafzel
07-14-2012, 11:49 AM
The guy's garbage. I also watched this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgLTw6zCdw0&feature=relmfu) and it looks to me like this guy is severely lacking in the fire and intensity department. He doesn't know what hard work is, he does everything in slow motion and it translates to the playing field where he also plays slow.

He also sucks at taking direction. I don't know how many times the trainer told him to do something correctly and MB just continued to do it wrong. With that said the trainer also sucks for not MAKING him do it correctly.....I put my 20 pound Beagle through tougher workouts.
Sometimes the negativity and ignorance of some people just amazes me. And you obviously did not watch the first video.
I saw nothing wrong with the video you posted. It's a gym work out..hes lifting weights. What do you expect?

slipknottin
07-14-2012, 11:51 AM
I he can't catch or block I could care less about his physique. So far he has proven neither watching his game film.

He has been one of, if not the, best blocking TE in the league the past couple seasons.

Maybe you should improve your game film watching abilities first.

DVision
07-14-2012, 11:52 AM

Our offense does stretch the field with the TE. Ballard had the highest avg yards per play of all TE's with 10+ receptions. He also had 600+ yards in 13 starts. Bennett is the same size, but faster. If you haven't noticed Eli has improved and our offense has evolved since the Shockey years.

Also due to rule changes handcuffing defenses, TE's have become even more of a weapon nowadays.

B&RWarrior
07-14-2012, 11:53 AM

Sometimes the negativity and ignorance of some people just amazes me. And you obviously did not watch the first video.
I saw nothing wrong with the video you posted. It's a gym work out..hes lifting weights. What do you expect?

I'm taking a wait and see approach. Al he has to do is beat one on one coverage. At 6'5" 275 he doesn't even need that much separation. I hope he can produce.

DVision
07-14-2012, 11:59 AM

I'm taking a wait and see approach. Al he has to do is beat one on one coverage. At 6'5" 275 he doesn't even need that much separation. I hope he can produce.

If he was REALLY lacking in the fire and intensity department, he would not be spending this time in NJ working out. He'd be on vacation like a lot of other players are right now.

juice33s
07-14-2012, 12:49 PM

<font size="5">Sometimes the negativity and ignorance of some people just amazes me</font>. And you obviously did not watch the first video.
Same here buddy, and yes I watched the entire 32 minute video.

Its little things like when he says hes going to going to get a drink of water and walks slow as molasses to the water source. And then when the trainer tells him to "fully extend" or bring the bar to his chest multiple times and MB does nothing of the sort, it leads me to believe he's either un coachable, deaf, or just plain ******ed.

I'm a United States Marine and everything we do is done with speed and intensity. Loud, fast and vicous......This guy wouldn't last 2 seconds in the corps because he'd either get himself killed or 20 other guys

FBomb
07-14-2012, 12:56 PM
The guy's garbage. I also watched this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgLTw6zCdw0&amp;feature=relmfu) and it looks to me like this guy is severely lacking in the fire and intensity department. He doesn't know what hard work is, he does everything in slow motion and it translates to the playing field where he also plays slow.

<FONT size=5>Sometimes the negativity and ignorance of some people just amazes me</FONT>. And you obviously did not watch the first video. I saw nothing wrong with the video you posted. It's a gym work out..hes lifting weights. What do you expect?

Its little things like when he says hes going to going to get a drink of water and walks slow as molasses to the water source. And then when the trainer tells him to "fully extend" or bring the bar to his chest multiple times and MB does nothing of the sort, it leads me to believe he's either un coachable, deaf, or just plain ******ed.

I'm a United States Marine and everything we do is done with speed and intensity. Loud, fast and vicous......This guy wouldn't last 2 seconds in the corps because he'd either get himself killed or 20 other guys
</P>

I guess it's a good thing he's only playing a game instead of defending our country. Thank you for your service, but this is not the same thing. Not everyone has the mindset a Marine does.......sometimes it has to be taught. </P>

How about giving the kid a chance under new leadership.......we ARE talking about the most undisciplined coaching staff and ownership he was playing for.</P>

FBomb
07-14-2012, 12:56 PM
The guy's garbage. I also watched this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgLTw6zCdw0&amp;feature=relmfu) and it looks to me like this guy is severely lacking in the fire and intensity department. He doesn't know what hard work is, he does everything in slow motion and it translates to the playing field where he also plays slow.

<FONT size=5>Sometimes the negativity and ignorance of some people just amazes me</FONT>. And you obviously did not watch the first video. I saw nothing wrong with the video you posted. It's a gym work out..hes lifting weights. What do you expect?

</P>

I guess it's a good thing he's only playing a game instead of defending our country. Thank you for your service, but this is not the same thing. Not everyone has the mindset a Marine does.......sometimes it has to be taught. </P>

How about giving the kid a chance under new leadership.......we ARE talking about the most undisciplined coaching staff and ownership he was playing for.</P>

juice33s
07-14-2012, 01:05 PM

<font size="5">Sometimes the negativity and ignorance of some people just amazes me</font>. And you obviously did not watch the first video. I saw nothing wrong with the video you posted. It's a gym work out..hes lifting weights. What do you expect?

</p>

I guess it's a good thing he's only playing a game instead of defending our country. Thank you for your service, but this is not the same thing. Not everyone has the mindset a Marine does.......sometimes it has to be taught. </p>

How about giving the kid a chance under new leadership.......we ARE talking about the most undisciplined coaching staff and ownership he was playing for.</p>
True, Coughlin will either make him or break him

giantsfan420
07-14-2012, 01:25 PM
i actually think hes way more driven than he's given credit for. hearing him talk about how he was behind witten whom he dubbed one of the greatest te's of all time, how he saw all the work witten put in and thats why led to his success and how he wanted to step out from behind witten and prove himself just as effective. and how the best chance for that was with the giants.

i respect those taking the wait and see approach, i just know he is going to be lethal for us. im 100% confident that he's going to break out and prove his worth, which is, a potentially top 5 te

bafzel
07-14-2012, 02:21 PM

<font size="5">Sometimes the negativity and ignorance of some people just amazes me</font>. And you obviously did not watch the first video.

I respect your service (i'm from sweden so I can't really thank you for it).
I agree that Bennet probably would not make it in the army but on the other hand, a lot of marines would probably not make it in the NFL either.
In the NFL you could come a long way with physical talent. Bennet has worked a lot on his hands this summer as you could see in the video and he is already a gifted blocker. With his physicality he could absolutely make an impact this season. Cruz, Nicks and the third receiver will get a lot of attention and that will open up Bennet in the middle.
Don't count him out just because he looked a bit sloppy in some of the gym drills.

rainierjef
07-14-2012, 02:45 PM

maybe not the marines but damn sure in the air force.... sigh* that really bothers me.

i am reserved on him i was pro-against him being here as everything that i've read and seen has lead me to believe he is not pro ready or coach-able. i am not buying the him behind witten story either as the cowboys wanted to run a 2011 patriots system with two tight ends. it all comes down to work ethic and hes trying to cast aside that stigma that has followed him and painted him as a lazy, egotistical individual.

so i say what coughlin says when it comes to bennett shut up and play. and if he can do that and be productive then i as and individual fan of this organization can accept his services.

slipknottin
07-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Again, Bennett is one of the best blocking TEs in the league.

That doesnt happen without work ethic.

rainierjef
07-14-2012, 03:16 PM
i hear you but that's one dimensional. i was one dimensional once and i sat the bench all season, and became multifaceted the next. that's what i'm talking about, if you okay with jut being a good blocking TE then you don't belong on this team. his work ethic is going to have to be renewed and restructured to become the a better all around player at his position

juice33s
07-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Again, Bennett is one of the best blocking TEs in the league.

That doesnt happen without work ethic.
All's you gotta look at is what his market level was in free agency. Currently the value of a the TE is the highest its ever been in league history, yet MB could only muster a one year prove it deal. That right there shows me the NFL is far from sold on what he brings to the table.

slipknottin
07-14-2012, 03:31 PM
That right there shows me the NFL is far from sold on what he brings to the table.

He very well could have had multiple multi-year deals on the table.

He may have preferred a one year deal because if he can show more as a receiver, he can get a much much larger deal.

giantsfan420
07-14-2012, 04:33 PM
i hear you but that's one dimensional. i was one dimensional once and i sat the bench all season, and became multifaceted the next. that's what i'm talking about, if you okay with jut being a good blocking TE then you don't belong on this team. his work ethic is going to have to be renewed and restructured to become the a better all around player at his position

witten. he was behind witten. not many targets going to the backup te. its not that hes one dimensional, its that dallas already had their pass catching TE, and it wasnt bennett...and ur asssrtion he needs a new work ethic is wrong imo. did u watch that clip? dude spends 6 days a week doing nothing but trying to get stronger and faster and better technique. he saw firsthand the commitment required to play at the highest levels by being wittens backup. like bennett said in the clip, now he wants to prove he can be as good a player...i for one believe that to be true.

rainierjef
07-14-2012, 04:57 PM

witten. he was behind witten. not many targets going to the backup te. its not that hes one dimensional, its that dallas already had their pass catching TE, and it wasnt bennett...and ur asssrtion he needs a new work ethic is wrong imo. did u watch that clip? dude spends 6 days a week doing nothing but trying to get stronger and faster and better technique. he saw firsthand the commitment required to play at the highest levels by being wittens backup. like bennett said in the clip, now he wants to prove he can be as good a player...i for one believe that to be true.

Sigh* i don't like responding to you but let me make somethings clear.

1. it was clear cut that the cowboys wanted to run a two tight end system, meaning two tight ends that can catch and block which is something that witten is good at and martellus is only half good at.

2. he was given opportunities in this dual TE system to be a target for romo. he never lived up to it. i know you feel you know alot about the happenings in dallas during his tenure, and while i dont as well; i have spoken to many cowboys fans and read alot of articles about this guy, they wanted to incorporate him into a spread TE offense that was the goal but he never lived up to that mold. blocking was all that he was good at.

3. a 32 minute clip of someone working out tells me nothing i can go to the gym right now and max some reps for 32 minutes tape it and call it an everyday thing, what happens or happened on the field is what i am concerned about.

4. he has done nothing to date with his athleticism, size, speed in the receiving game compared to nfl TE standards. all i hear about from fans is hes a great blocker that sounds about one dimensional to me. unless there is a different meaning to ONE dimensional?

Neverend
07-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Rainer's right about the cowboys wanting to make bennett a part of their passing offense with 2 TEs

However, that was way back in 09. when t.o left, prior to the rise of miles austin, etc. Bennett in some ways disappointed. had some drops and a ton of mental lapses in 2009 as i skimmed thru some of his targets

In 2010 and 2011, they had no intention to use him in the receiving game like they did in 09. Who knows, maybe during these 2 years he matured/got better. Perhaps he just wasnt ready headed to his 2nd year

beatty was the same way. before 2010 coughlin declared competition between he and diehl for that LT spot and beatty couldn't take it. He played like horses*** during the preseason and diehl kept the job. It happens. beatty went on to start a bunch games the following next year

FBomb
07-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Well.......at least the guy that people have decided to write off BEFORE he takes a snap as a Giant used to be a Cowboy.</P>

I think I'll wait to pass judgment on him. He won't be coddled here......he'll have to come strong or go home.</P>

rainierjef
07-14-2012, 05:58 PM
i dont think i am writing him off; like you i am on a wait and see basis. i just don't understand some posters that are ready to declare out TE core great or better than last year's or the year before because we signed a physically gifted player that's still unproven to nfl standards

and to neverend: in my opinion i think they didn't use him in 2010-2011 cause of what he didn't show the coaching staff or romo wasn't comfortable with him. but seeing as he is a great blocker and its widely known that the cowboys O-Line was trash, why not keep him on the field to do what hes great at

giantsfan420
07-14-2012, 06:53 PM

Sigh* i don't like responding to you but let me make somethings clear.

1. it was clear cut that the cowboys wanted to run a two tight end system, meaning two tight ends that can catch and block which is something that witten is good at and martellus is only half good at.

2. he was given opportunities in this dual TE system to be a target for romo. he never lived up to it. i know you feel you know alot about the happenings in dallas during his tenure, and while i dont as well; i have spoken to many cowboys fans and read alot of articles about this guy, they wanted to incorporate him into a spread TE offense that was the goal* but he never lived up to that mold. blocking was all that he was good at.

3. a 32 minute clip of someone working out tells me nothing i can go to the gym right now and max some reps for 32 minutes tape it and call it an everyday thing, what happens or happened on the field is what i am concerned about.

4. he has done nothing to date with his athleticism, size, speed in the receiving game compared to nfl TE standards. all i hear about from fans is hes a great blocker that sounds about one dimensional to me. unless there is a different meaning to ONE dimensional?

lol. i can understand why u dont like responding to me, its bc i have no issue pointing out logical flaws. such as number 1. it was clear cut eh? hmmm, guess the fact they ran out of a 3 wr set way more than a 2 te set makes ur assertion dead wrong.

i've also read cowboys fans comments. that has absolutely no bearing on him as a player, especially AFTER leaving dallas. I've also read statistical analysis of bennett, as well as nfl analysts, and his blocking is great, and his athleticism is great. the amount of targets, were not.
its actually quite funny, bc theres an article that displaces the myth that you are acting its truth. bennett actually had an excellent % of receptions to targets. it was actually like among and better than many of the leagues best. again, just not enough targets.

and i'm confused, you say "it was cleare clut dallas wanted a two te system" yet then u say "they wanted to incorporate him into a spread te offense..." um, make up your mind.

ur 3 assertion follows the previous two, incorrect. it isnt 32 min real time, its an edited 32 min of one day of his workouts that he does for 6 days a week including physical therapy. had you watched the clip instead of commenting like you had, you'd have realized that. and the workouts he does are great at increasing his speed, power, and technique.

well at least ur consistent. 4 is like the others. he has done plenty with that; become one of the leagues best blocking te's, who also has one of the highest %'s of receptions to targets. i dunno if ur trying to just not understand, but JASON WITTEN lol...

remember that back up TE we used to have behind Shockey? Visante Shiancoe? He was a blocking TE, who didnt get hardly any targets...although he had all the tools. he goes to minny and has a great year with favre. not saying bennett will be shaincoe or using shiancoe as 100% proof bennett will succeed, just saying, you have an example from our own team to help open your mind up

rainierjef
07-14-2012, 07:22 PM
this is why i hate having dialogue with you.... smh
i really don't have time to explain X's and O's to you
so....
your right... im wrong

giantsfan420
07-14-2012, 07:40 PM
so....
your right... im wrong

i know. and i doubt very much you could even explain them. at least given the context from your last post that was sheer make beleive. not one claim you made was based on any legitimate information or fact.

rainierjef
07-14-2012, 08:01 PM
so....
your right... im wrong

i know. and i doubt very much you could even explain them. at least given the context from your last post that was sheer make beleive. not one claim you made was based on any legitimate information or fact.

lol sure. you obviously know alot about bennett and the cowboys than me to dispel what multiple other cowboys fans have stated about their team. no disrespect but you must be a closet cowgirls since your obviously more knowledgeable on the subject? but like i said we will see when the season begins and ends; have a good one.

giantsfan420
07-14-2012, 09:10 PM
so....
your right... im wrong

lol sure. you obviously know alot about bennett and the cowboys than me to dispel what multiple other cowboys fans have stated about their team. no disrespect but you must be a closet cowgirls since your obviously more knowledgeable on the subject? but like i said we will see when the season begins and ends; have a good one.

wait, so bc i know more about a particular subject than you, it makes me a closet cowboys fan? eh. at least your consistent with your logic.
and we will see when the season starts, that you are correct on.

appodictic
07-14-2012, 09:35 PM
It would be great if he could catch, but with oine just having a solid blocker is a godsend.

I saw his training video he already dropped a lot of weight so he will be in ideal shape for the season I think.

giants-_-
07-14-2012, 09:46 PM

lol....you could only gain 8-10 pounds of muscle max with great training and diet a year...everything else you need the 100% Florida orange juice you know what i am saying

rainierjef
07-15-2012, 12:31 AM
so....
your right... im wrong

wait, so bc i know more about a particular subject than you, it makes me a closet cowboys fan? eh. at least your consistent with your logic.

smh i think you either don't care to understand or you're too simple to i wanted to write out this essay as to why you are incorrect but here just read what

NTegrase96 a COWBOYS fan!!! said on this post the last one.

http://boards.giants.com/forums/7/2573506/ShowThread.aspx

yeah these stats are extremely impressive on a yearly average you know so much guy.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11295/martellus-bennett

i know your in love with the guy already, were you not the one that had a sig dream offseason sign bennett, so everything that comes out of his mouth is a golden wanker, but i will not believe that the cowboys only got him to be a blocking TE, you can buy that crap all you want. they wanted to build a spread offense using two TE's that was their goal. they spent a high round pick on him and he had a monster combine he had the physical attibutes to make mismatches over the middle taking some coverages off witten, he saw alot of single LB/CB coverages and still didn't take advantage. <font color="#FF0000">but whatever dude you clearly know alot smfh </font>

giantsfan420
07-15-2012, 01:18 AM
so....
your right... im wrong

smh i think you either don't care to understand or you're too simple to i wanted to write out this essay as to why you are incorrect but here just read what

yeah these stats are extremely impressive on a yearly average you know so much guy.

i know your in love with the guy already, were you not the one that had a sig dream offseason sign bennett, so everything that comes out of his mouth is a golden wanker, but i will not believe that the cowboys only got him to be a blocking TE, you can buy that crap all you want. they wanted to build a spread offense using two TE's that was their goal. they spent a high round pick on him and he had a monster combine he had the physical attibutes to make mismatches over the middle taking some coverages off witten, he saw alot of single LB/CB coverages and still didn't take advantage. <font color="#FF0000">but whatever dude you clearly know alot smfh </font>

ok. ur commenting on my intelligence, all the while citing a cowboys fan for ur basis of reasoning? lmfao.

secondly, as I already had explained, Bennett has a higher % of completion per target than many of the best te's in the league today. he just didnt get near the targets of those other te's. he's among the league leaders in regards to the % tho. and i think you gloss over that or dont understand it. it means, he catches a higher % of passes thrown his way than many of the other te's. but even with that positive stat, there just isnt gonna be enough targets for any TE playing behind witten. you could put gates behind witten, and he would have the same issue bennett is...u act like thats no big deal. "eh, outplay witten and get more targets." well, doesnt always work like that, especially when factoring in romo and witten are best friends, and that witten has been up there in receptions for the entire nfl, not just for te's, but wr's too...that offense goes thru witten to a large extent. i dont know how some one could claim to understand football and not get that...

and u can spin this into what I think of Bennett, but thats not the issue. the issue was what YOU thought of him which is fine, but when you start concocting bogus claims about any player, and commit logical fallacies, I'm gonna call it out if i see it.

lmfao, im well aware of what ntegrase96 has said about bennett. im not exactly expecting rave reviews from a cowboys fan concerning a player that LEFT THEM TO PLAY FOR THEIR RIVALS.

you made the claims hes done nothing with his athleticism and talent, you made the claim he's done nothing to be considered an nfl caliber te, u made the claim he has bad work ethic and drive and that it needs to be redone, u made the claim that dallas was a two te team, and then that they are a spread TE offense (whatever that means)...basically, every thing you have said about bennett has been incorrect. thats just the truth. you can turn that into trying to bait this convo into whatever history we've had or whatever it is you try to do to take focus off the actual subject.

you should try refuting my response to your 1-4 post and focus on that. bc citing a cowboys fan and going "see" isnt getting you anwyhere nor should it, its a logical fallacy.

and those yearly stats ARE BEHIND JASON WITTEN...lmfao! you truly do not get it huh. again, for the last time, bennett has a higher completion % on passes thrown to him than many of the best te's in the league and has iirc a top 5 or 3 % in that regard. so, it'd actually be much more correct, and ya know (wait no you don't) factual to say bennett has done the most with what hes had to work with; becoming one of the best blocking te's bc there werent enough targets to go around after witten gets his.

and although i'm extremely optomistic, i'm still waiting to see. notice how theres a trend here with you and the MB and aquired players? like rivers? and now bennett? i've seen multiple posters question why your writing them off before they've even played a snap. re: rivers, people wondered how you could actually question JR on the aquisition which you did...

if u dont think a player will make the grade, perfectly cool. just dont go using made up bs as your reasoning like he has a bad work ethic and it needs to be restructured...

rainierjef
07-15-2012, 02:46 AM
so....
your right... im wrong

ok. ur commenting on my intelligence, all the while citing a cowboys fan for ur basis of reasoning? lmfao.

secondly, as I already had explained, Bennett has a higher % of completion per target than many of the best te's in the league today. he just didnt get near the targets of those other te's. he's among the league leaders in regards to the % tho. and i think you gloss over that or dont understand it. it means, he catches a higher % of passes thrown his way than many of the other te's. but even with that positive stat, there just isnt gonna be enough targets for any TE playing behind witten. you could put gates behind witten, and he would have the same issue bennett is...u act like thats no big deal. "eh, outplay witten and get more targets." well, doesnt always work like that, especially when factoring in romo and witten are best friends, and that witten has been up there in receptions for the entire nfl, not just for te's, but wr's too...that offense goes thru witten to a large extent. i dont know how some one could claim to understand football and not get that...

and u can spin this into what I think of Bennett, but thats not the issue. the issue was what YOU thought of him which is fine, but when you start concocting bogus claims about any player, and commit logical fallacies, I'm gonna call it out if i see it.

lmfao, im well aware of what ntegrase96 has said about bennett. im not exactly expecting rave reviews from a cowboys fan concerning a player that LEFT THEM TO PLAY FOR THEIR RIVALS.

you made the claims hes done nothing with his athleticism and talent, you made the claim he's done nothing to be considered an nfl caliber te, u made the claim he has bad work ethic and drive and that it needs to be redone, u made the claim that dallas was a two te team, and then that they are a spread TE offense (whatever that means)...basically, every thing you have said about bennett has been incorrect. thats just the truth. you can turn that into trying to bait this convo into whatever history we've had or whatever it is you try to do to take focus off the actual subject.

you should try refuting my response to your 1-4 post and focus on that. bc citing a cowboys fan and going "see" isnt getting you anwyhere nor should it, its a logical fallacy.

and those yearly stats ARE BEHIND JASON WITTEN...lmfao! you truly do not get it huh. again, for the last time, bennett has a higher completion % on passes thrown to him than many of the best te's in the league and has iirc a top 5 or 3 % in that regard. so, it'd actually be much more correct, and ya know (wait no you don't) factual to say bennett has done the most with what hes had to work with; becoming one of the best blocking te's bc there werent enough targets to go around after witten gets his.

and although i'm extremely optomistic, i'm still waiting to see. notice how theres a trend here with you and the MB and aquired players? like rivers? and now bennett? i've seen multiple posters question why your writing them off before they've even played a snap. re: rivers, people wondered how you could actually question JR on the aquisition which you did...

if u dont think a player will make the grade, perfectly cool. just dont go using made up bs as your reasoning like he has a bad work ethic and it needs to be restructured...

not reading all that man, but a cowboys fan would know more than you on the matter.
deuces!

giantsfan420
07-15-2012, 02:49 AM
so....
your right... im wrong

not reading all that man, but a cowboys fan would know more than you on the matter.
deuces!

awe, the old "i dont want to read" cop out that really stands for "i dont want to read something that points out mistakes I made"

you should look up logical fallacies...it'd help you out quite a bit. he could be a cowboys fan for 100 yrs, and itd still not mean he knows more about bennett than me in any way...

rainierjef
07-15-2012, 03:53 AM
so....
your right... im wrong

deuces!

awe, the old "i dont want to read" cop out that really stands for "i dont want to read something that points out mistakes I made"

you should look up logical fallacies...it'd help you out quite a bit. he could be a cowboys fan for 100 yrs, and itd still not mean he knows more about bennett than me in any way...
you sound like a kid.
cause i have no intentions of reading something that long that probably highlights indepth something you already stated over and over like a broken record means i'm copping out, well if your dreams are better at night by you thinking that then dream on sandman i won't tell you no different.
and he will and does know more than you on the subject he has been watching analyzing and breaking down in the same manner you have for longer seeing as it is his team. and its not someone that just talks out of his *** he is knowledgeable of his team from the many conversations he has had on the matter or other matter of his team... i emphasize his team.
this is why i hate responding to you or even reading what you comment on any other thread cause its mostly moronic, and you think you are the most logical person on here "you should look up logical fallacies." LMAO try that nonsense on somebody with a GED or on your level

THE_New_York_Giants
07-15-2012, 04:02 AM
so....
your right... im wrong

deuces!

you sound like a kid.
cause i have no intentions of reading something that long that probably highlights indepth something you already stated over and over like a broken record means i'm copping out, well if your dreams are better at night by you thinking that then dream on sandman i won't tell you no different.
and he will and does know more than you on the subject he has been watching analyzing and breaking down in the same manner you have for longer seeing as it is his team. and its not someone that just talks out of his *** he is knowledgeable of his team from the many conversations he has had on the matter or other matter of his team... i emphasize his team.
this is why i hate responding to you or even reading what you comment on any other thread cause its mostly moronic, and you think you are the most logical person on here "you should look up logical fallacies." LMAO tray that nonsense on somebody with a GED or on your level

I got the brats and the beer and the camera. One of you guys gotta bring the grill because i broke mine. You two name a time and a place to duke it out and we will be there.

rainierjef
07-15-2012, 06:49 AM
so....
your right... im wrong

deuces!

you sound like a kid.
this is why i hate responding to you or even reading what you comment on any other thread cause its mostly moronic, and you think you are the most logical person on here "you should look up logical fallacies." LMAO tray that nonsense on somebody with a GED or on your level

I got the brats and the beer and the camera. One of you guys gotta bring the grill because i broke mine. You two name a time and a place to duke it out and we will be there.

i go to military jail if i hit him.

NY_Eli
07-15-2012, 10:10 AM
That right there shows me the NFL is far from sold on what he brings to the table.

He very well could have had multiple multi-year deals on the table.

He may have preferred a one year deal because if he can show more as a receiver, he can get a much much larger deal.

Agreed. Add to that the there isn't a better situation he could be in right now. A super bowl winning team with a HUGE hole at the TE position due to two freak injuries. Plus a renowned TE coach.

An opportunity like that for a hungry young player may have been worth a one year deal.

mercurig
07-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Based on what I have seen, Bennett will be the beast and Ballard the bust. That's plus 2 for Giants over Pats. I don't see Ballard recovering completely within the next couple of years, if ever. A blocking TE needs healthy knees. To the Pats I say you broke him, you bought him.

fourth&forever
07-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Based on what I have seen, Bennett will be the beast and Ballard the bust. That's plus 2 for Giants over Pats. I don't see Ballard recovering completely within the next couple of years, if ever. A blocking TE needs healthy knees. To the Pats I say you broke him, you bought him.
I hope you are completely wrong. Why do you think Ballard cannot come back from this injury?
When we get Ballard back again (someday) he will hopefully continue where he left off.
To say Ballard will suck just because you hate the Pats is stupid.

FBomb
07-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Based on what I have seen, Bennett will be the beast and Ballard the bust. That's plus 2 for Giants over Pats. I don't see Ballard recovering completely within the next couple of years, if ever. A blocking TE needs healthy knees. To the Pats I say you broke him, you bought him. I hope you are completely wrong. Why do you think Ballard cannot come back from this injury? When we get Ballard back again (someday) he will hopefully continue where he left off. To say Ballard will suck just because you hate the Pats is stupid.</P>

Yeah I don't get that either. Guys play after that kind of injury all the time. That being said, I don't believe he will ever be a Giant again. When he does get healthy, BB is going to want to have him around when it comes down to having TWO pricey TE on the team.</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
07-15-2012, 01:37 PM
so....
your right... im wrong

deuces!

you sound like a kid.

Don't worry bro, i'll vouch for you.

giantsfan420
07-15-2012, 01:40 PM
so....
your right... im wrong

deuces!

you sound like a kid.
this is why i hate responding to you or even reading what you comment on any other thread cause its mostly moronic, and you think you are the most logical person on here "you should look up logical fallacies." LMAO tray that nonsense on somebody with a GED* or on your level

I got the brats and the beer and the camera.* One of you guys gotta bring the grill because i broke mine.* You two name a time and a place to duke it out and we will be there.

Don't worry bro, i'll vouch for you.*

lol. its actually kinda funny. rainier has issues with plenty of other posters when his view is proven wrong. some people just cannot handle being wrong. me, i have no issue with it, i've been wrong on many a thing. i wish i could act like rainier tho and act superior no matter what, even when he literally makes absurd statements, which also occurs quite often.

FBomb
07-15-2012, 01:46 PM
so....
your right... im wrong

wait, so bc i know more about a particular subject than you, it makes me a closet cowboys fan? eh. at least your consistent with your logic. and we will see when the season starts, that you are correct on.

i know your in love with the guy already, were you not the one that had a sig dream offseason sign bennett, so everything that comes out of his mouth is a golden wanker, but i will not believe that the cowboys only got him to be a blocking TE, you can buy that crap all you want. they wanted to build a spread offense using two TE's that was their goal. they spent a high round pick on him and he had a monster combine he had the physical attibutes to make mismatches over the middle taking some coverages off witten, he saw alot of single LB/CB coverages and still didn't take advantage. <FONT color=#ff0000>but whatever dude you clearly know alot smfh </FONT>
ok. ur commenting on my intelligence, all the while citing a cowboys fan for ur basis of reasoning? lmfao. secondly, as I already had explained, Bennett has a higher % of completion per target than many of the best te's in the league today. he just didnt get near the targets of those other te's. he's among the league leaders in regards to the % tho. and i think you gloss over that or dont understand it. it means, he catches a higher % of passes thrown his way than many of the other te's. but even with that positive stat, there just isnt gonna be enough targets for any TE playing behind witten. you could put gates behind witten, and he would have the same issue bennett is...u act like thats no big deal. "eh, outplay witten and get more targets." well, doesnt always work like that, especially when factoring in romo and witten are best friends, and that witten has been up there in receptions for the entire nfl, not just for te's, but wr's too...that offense goes thru witten to a large extent. i dont know how some one could claim to understand football and not get that... and u can spin this into what I think of Bennett, but thats not the issue. the issue was what YOU thought of him which is fine, but when you start concocting bogus claims about any player, and commit logical fallacies, I'm gonna call it out if i see it. lmfao, im well aware of what ntegrase96 has said about bennett. im not exactly expecting rave reviews from a cowboys fan concerning a player that LEFT THEM TO PLAY FOR THEIR RIVALS. you made the claims hes done nothing with his athleticism and talent, you made the claim he's done nothing to be considered an nfl caliber te, u made the claim he has bad work ethic and drive and that it needs to be redone, u made the claim that dallas was a two te team, and then that they are a spread TE offense (whatever that means)...basically, every thing you have said about bennett has been incorrect. thats just the truth. you can turn that into trying to bait this convo into whatever history we've had or whatever it is you try to do to take focus off the actual subject. you should try refuting my response to your 1-4 post and focus on that. bc citing a cowboys fan and going "see" isnt getting you anwyhere nor should it, its a logical fallacy. and those yearly stats ARE BEHIND JASON WITTEN...lmfao! you truly do not get it huh. again, for the last time, bennett has a higher completion % on passes thrown to him than many of the best te's in the league and has iirc a top 5 or 3 % in that regard. so, it'd actually be much more correct, and ya know (wait no you don't) factual to say bennett has done the most with what hes had to work with; becoming one of the best blocking te's bc there werent enough targets to go around after witten gets his. and although i'm extremely optomistic, i'm still waiting to see. notice how theres a trend here with you and the MB and aquired players? like rivers? and now bennett? i've seen multiple posters question why your writing them off before they've even played a snap. re: rivers, people wondered how you could actually question JR on the aquisition which you did... if u dont think a player will make the grade, perfectly cool. just dont go using made up bs as your reasoning like he has a bad work ethic and it needs to be restructured...

deuces!
awe, the old "i dont want to read" cop out that really stands for "i dont want to read something that points out mistakes I made" you should look up logical fallacies...it'd help you out quite a bit. he could be a cowboys fan for 100 yrs, and itd still not mean he knows more about bennett than me in any way...
you sound like a kid.

lol. its actually kinda funny. rainier has issues with plenty of other posters when his view is proven wrong. some people just cannot handle being wrong. me, i have no issue with it, i've been wrong on many a thing. i wish i could act like rainier tho and act superior no matter what, even when he literally makes absurd statements, which also occurs quite often.</P>

And you know what that would make you? BORING!!!![S]</P>

giantsfan420
07-15-2012, 01:49 PM
so....
your right... im wrong

deuces!

you sound like a kid.
this is why i hate responding to you or even reading what you comment on any other thread cause its mostly moronic, and you think you are the most logical person on here "you should look up logical fallacies." LMAO try that nonsense on somebody with a GED* or on your level

so bc you dont want to read, I sound like a kid? lmfao ooook. i got a couple nieces and nephews, and "thats too long, i dont wanna read" is something they say lol

and it needs to be repeated bc it doesnt sink in that skull of urs.

you can think that just bc he's a cowboy fan, he knows more than any giant fan possibly could. thats cool, it actually fits with ur reasoning. its just a logical fallacy.

and the reason i brought that up, is bc you make them over and over and over and over...and again, for what the 4th time, instead of focusing on the topic at hand, you try to change the subject to something else. but hey, i get it, moronic comments you made were called out, and you have no logical response to that subject, so by all means, focus on "LMAO" or "hate responding to me"...which again, I can understand, bc the only discourse between us is when you make an inaccurate statement, and I call you on it. Such as "Bennett has bad work ethic and needs to restructure it." its funny how u still havent responded to the post where i go through ur assertions 1-4 and explain why its not based on any solid reasoning. and if u want to do that, thats fine. just dont go using those illogical statements to try and state something about a player, otherwise, ull get called on it.

giantsfan420
07-15-2012, 01:51 PM
so....
your right... im wrong

wait, so bc i know more about a particular subject than you, it makes me a closet cowboys fan? eh. at least your consistent with your logic. and we will see when the season starts, that you are correct on.

i know your in love with the guy already, were you not the one that had a sig dream offseason sign bennett, so everything that comes out of his mouth is a golden wanker, but i will not believe that the cowboys only got him to be a blocking TE, you can buy that crap all you want. they wanted to build a spread offense using two TE's that was their goal. they spent a high round pick on him and he had a monster combine he had the physical attibutes to make mismatches over the middle taking some coverages off witten, he saw alot of single LB/CB coverages and still didn't take advantage. <FONT color=#ff0000>but whatever dude you clearly know alot smfh </FONT>
ok. ur commenting on my intelligence, all the while citing a cowboys fan for ur basis of reasoning? lmfao. secondly, as I already had explained, Bennett has a higher % of completion per target than many of the best te's in the league today. he just didnt get near the targets of those other te's. he's among the league leaders in regards to the % tho. and i think you gloss over that or dont understand it. it means, he catches a higher % of passes thrown his way than many of the other te's. but even with that positive stat, there just isnt gonna be enough targets for any TE playing behind witten. you could put gates behind witten, and he would have the same issue bennett is...u act like thats no big deal. "eh, outplay witten and get more targets." well, doesnt always work like that, especially when factoring in romo and witten are best friends, and that witten has been up there in receptions for the entire nfl, not just for te's, but wr's too...that offense goes thru witten to a large extent. i dont know how some one could claim to understand football and not get that... and u can spin this into what I think of Bennett, but thats not the issue. the issue was what YOU thought of him which is fine, but when you start concocting bogus claims about any player, and commit logical fallacies, I'm gonna call it out if i see it. lmfao, im well aware of what ntegrase96 has said about bennett. im not exactly expecting rave reviews from a cowboys fan concerning a player that LEFT THEM TO PLAY FOR THEIR RIVALS. you made the claims hes done nothing with his athleticism and talent, you made the claim he's done nothing to be considered an nfl caliber te, u made the claim he has bad work ethic and drive and that it needs to be redone, u made the claim that dallas was a two te team, and then that they are a spread TE offense (whatever that means)...basically, every thing you have said about bennett has been incorrect. thats just the truth. you can turn that into trying to bait this convo into whatever history we've had or whatever it is you try to do to take focus off the actual subject. you should try refuting my response to your 1-4 post and focus on that. bc citing a cowboys fan and going "see" isnt getting you anwyhere nor should it, its a logical fallacy. and those yearly stats ARE BEHIND JASON WITTEN...lmfao! you truly do not get it huh. again, for the last time, bennett has a higher completion % on passes thrown to him than many of the best te's in the league and has iirc a top 5 or 3 % in that regard. so, it'd actually be much more correct, and ya know (wait no you don't) factual to say bennett has done the most with what hes had to work with; becoming one of the best blocking te's bc there werent enough targets to go around after witten gets his. and although i'm extremely optomistic, i'm still waiting to see. notice how theres a trend here with you and the MB and aquired players? like rivers? and now bennett? i've seen multiple posters question why your writing them off before they've even played a snap. re: rivers, people wondered how you could actually question JR on the aquisition which you did... if u dont think a player will make the grade, perfectly cool. just dont go using made up bs as your reasoning like he has a bad work ethic and it needs to be restructured...

deuces!
awe, the old "i dont want to read" cop out that really stands for "i dont want to read something that points out mistakes I made" you should look up logical fallacies...it'd help you out quite a bit. he could be a cowboys fan for 100 yrs, and itd still not mean he knows more about bennett than me in any way...
you sound like a kid.
this is why i hate responding to you or even reading what you comment on any other thread cause its mostly moronic, and you think you are the most logical person on here "you should look up logical fallacies." LMAO tray that nonsense on somebody with a GED* or on your level

I got the brats and the beer and the camera.* One of you guys gotta bring the grill because i broke mine.* You two name a time and a place to duke it out and we will be there.

lol. its actually kinda funny. rainier has issues with plenty of other posters when his view is proven wrong. some people just cannot handle being wrong. me, i have no issue with it, i've been wrong on many a thing. i wish i could act like rainier tho and act superior no matter what, even when he literally makes absurd statements, which also occurs quite often.</P>

And you know what that would make you?* BORING!!!![S]</P>

with the things i've been called, boring is a compliment haha

THE_New_York_Giants
07-15-2012, 01:56 PM
so....
your right... im wrong

i know your in love with the guy already, were you not the one that had a sig dream offseason sign bennett, so everything that comes out of his mouth is a golden wanker, but i will not believe that the cowboys only got him to be a blocking TE, you can buy that crap all you want. they wanted to build a spread offense using two TE's that was their goal. they spent a high round pick on him and he had a monster combine he had the physical attibutes to make mismatches over the middle taking some coverages off witten, he saw alot of single LB/CB coverages and still didn't take advantage. <font color="#ff0000">but whatever dude you clearly know alot smfh </font>

deuces!
you sound like a kid.

lol. its actually kinda funny. rainier has issues with plenty of other posters when his view is proven wrong. some people just cannot handle being wrong. me, i have no issue with it, i've been wrong on many a thing. i wish i could act like rainier tho and act superior no matter what, even when he literally makes absurd statements, which also occurs quite often.</p>

And you know what that would make you? BORING!!!![S]</p>

I thought I was wrong once... but I was mistaken.

mercurig
07-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Receivers and CBs have enough problems coming back from torn ACLs. I would like to see him come back as he did a great job for the Giants last season, but he really had a severe injury to include torn cartilage and as a blocking TE there is a lot of stress on those knees.

giantsfan420
07-15-2012, 02:33 PM
so....
your right... im wrong

i know your in love with the guy already, were you not the one that had a sig dream offseason sign bennett, so everything that comes out of his mouth is a golden wanker, but i will not believe that the cowboys only got him to be a blocking TE, you can buy that crap all you want. they wanted to build a spread offense using two TE's that was their goal. they spent a high round pick on him and he had a monster combine he had the physical attibutes to make mismatches over the middle taking some coverages off witten, he saw alot of single LB/CB coverages and still didn't take advantage. <font color="#ff0000">but whatever dude you clearly know alot smfh </font>

deuces!
you sound like a kid.

lol. its actually kinda funny. rainier has issues with plenty of other posters when his view is proven wrong. some people just cannot handle being wrong. me, i have no issue with it, i've been wrong on many a thing. i wish i could act like rainier tho and act superior no matter what, even when he literally makes absurd statements, which also occurs quite often.</p>

And you know what that would make you?* BORING!!!![S]</p>

I thought I was wrong once... but I was mistaken.

lol nice

rainierjef
07-15-2012, 03:27 PM
see thats the difference between me and you i only have a problem with you and no one else i've only disagreed with two other people and its only been about 1 subject and thats Osi; other than that i'm cool. you have no idea how many posts of yours i skip, not read, to avoid a headache i even started my post saying i hate responding to you that should tell you smh. i've outlined what was stated by many you dispute it by calling it make believe so to even avoid you further i even go as far to tell you your right...that's me saying go away child, lol but nah like a whiny little brat you need your attention. i think if you re read what you said you would realize that you had the superior no matter what approach. you even claim to know more about the cowboys than a cowboys fan that's knowledgeable of his own team lol.

absurd statments? which one?
1. the cowboys wanted to run a two TE system?
2. he got opportunities to be a part of the passing game and he didn't take advantage, and that he's using being behind witten as a crutch?
3. that 32 minutes of him working out tells me nothing of his work ethic, and that it only matters when we see it translate unto the field?
4. that his work ethic is going to have to be renewed and restructured to become the a better all around player at his position - see how thats a subjective statement and a factual one? i said 'going to have to' meaning its up to him.
please tell me my absurd statements? want to bring up the osi ones? smfh look man save me the asprin for patients who really need it, we will always disagree.

giantsfan420
07-15-2012, 03:46 PM
see thats the difference between me and you i only have a problem with you and no one else i've only disagreed with two other people and its only been about 1 subject and thats Osi; other than that i'm cool. you have no idea how many posts of yours i skip, not read, to avoid a headache i even started my post saying i hate responding to you that should tell you smh. i've outlined what was stated by many you dispute it by calling it make believe so to even avoid you further i even go as far to tell you your right...that's me saying go away child, lol but nah like a whiny little brat you need your attention.* i think if you re read what you said you would realize that you had the superior no matter what approach. you even claim to know more about the cowboys than a cowboys fan that's knowledgeable of his own team lol.

*absurd statments? which one?
2. he got opportunities to be a part of the passing game and he didn't take advantage, and that he's using being behind witten as a crutch?
3. that 32 minutes of him working out tells me nothing of his work ethic, and that it only matters when we see it translate unto the field?
4.* that his work ethic is going to have to be renewed and restructured to become the a better all around player at his position - see how thats a subjective statement and a factual one? i said 'going to have to' meaning its up to him.
please tell me my absurd statements? want to bring up the osi ones? smfh look man save me the asprin for patients who really need it, we will always disagree.

yup. pretty much all of thats incorrect.

1. dallas doesnt run or want to run a two te system.
2. he DIDNT get opportunities in the pass game. JASON WITTEN...dont u wonder why ur the only one who doesnt grasp this? lol. he actually had a higher % of receptions to targets than even Witten IIRC. what that should tell you, is that bennett makes the most of the few opportunities he gets. Dallas runs their offense thru witten to a large extent. dont know how u cant understand that.
3. thats bc u didnt even watch the 32 min. if u did, u wouldnt have made the mistake of thinking it was 32 min real time of a work out when it was actually an edited down clip of an entire day of effecient working out. if u had watched it, u'd see that his own trainer held the myth you hold "he doesnt have good work ethic", and realized that wasnt even close to true.
4. lmfao. not only are u incorrect about his work ethic, you actually feel you have this knowledge that he needs to renew and restructure it, lmfao.

yup, pretty much they are all absurd statements. especially saying that bc ntegrase is a dallas fan, he must know more about bennett than a giants fan lmao and that his opinion AFTER BENNETT LEAVES DALLAS TO SIGN WITH THEIR RIVALS, that they're gonna be completely fair in their assessment. just last season ntegrase was prob talkin about how bennet was the future lol...

FBomb
07-15-2012, 03:47 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGkavvx11SUpEapF9Fr6FoWdG9Cr7ZY VJVFTeaNXvc3OCl-Xzm</P>

</P>

This board has the greatest arguements about absolutely nothing!!!</P>

giantsfan420
07-15-2012, 03:53 PM
even witten himself believes bennett is gonna be good with us and discusses all the ability bennett has and how "Few plays, his numbers were limited, so Iím sure thatís a part of it."

lets not believe witten tho, the guy with the best outlook of the situation.
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/04/post_26.html

http://www.giants101.com/2012/04/04/dallas-cowboys-jason-witten-believes-martellus-bennett-is-perfect-match-for-new-york-giants-offense/

rainierjef
07-15-2012, 04:10 PM
sigh* and i'm the one who feels like they are superior?
i think you need to go get laid or something with a woman, that's just my opinion. cause your man love for bennett is clouding your judgement on the matter of athlete vs. character.

call it what you want but i have no desire to continue this, continue on your own accord

giantsfan420
07-15-2012, 04:49 PM
sigh* and i'm the one who feels like they are superior?
i think you need to go get laid or something with a woman, that's just my opinion. cause your man love for bennett is clouding your judgement on the matter of athlete vs. character.

call it what you want but i have no desire to continue this, continue on your own accord

lmfao. what is that, the 6th time you try to change the subject (to an instigatory inflammatory nature/its also funny u manage to try to imply that you arent superior all the while making comments like "u need to get laid") bc your just flat wrong and can't continue the charade anymore...great response...no jk it was another logical fallacy.

u had no reason to continue from the get go, you have been wrong from jump street.

and i find ur quips hilariously ironic. the guy in the military is telling another guy he prob needs to get laid...lmfao.

and its not man love for bennett. its being able to simply make logical, correct statements. you werent able to do so, so i did.

and what I call it is you were wrong. and bc you have some sort of complex where being wrong means death in your mind, you have to make comments like the one above. its ok, some people can't handle being corrected bc they have a massive ego...

oh and btw, actually read the link (oh wait i forgot you literally said you dont want to read earlier lmao) if your going to comment on it. ya know, the opposite of what you did with the link to the clip. ill give u cliffs notes tho, jason witten said the opposite of what you have been saying. take that for what its worth, and good day.

lawl
07-15-2012, 05:06 PM
see thats the difference between me and you i only have a problem with you and no one else i've only disagreed with two other people and its only been about 1 subject and thats Osi; other than that i'm cool. you have no idea how many posts of yours i skip, not read, to avoid a headache i even started my post saying i hate responding to you that should tell you smh. i've outlined what was stated by many you dispute it by calling it make believe so to even avoid you further i even go as far to tell you your right...that's me saying go away child, lol but nah like a whiny little brat you need your attention. i think if you re read what you said you would realize that you had the superior no matter what approach. you even claim to know more about the cowboys than a cowboys fan that's knowledgeable of his own team lol.

absurd statments? which one?
4. that his work ethic is going to have to be renewed and restructured to become the a better all around player at his position - see how thats a subjective statement and a factual one? i said 'going to have to' meaning its up to him.

yup. pretty much all of thats incorrect. 1. dallas doesnt run or want to run a two te system. 2. he DIDNT get opportunities in the pass game. JASON WITTEN...dont u wonder why ur the only one who doesnt grasp this? lol. he actually had a higher % of receptions to targets than even Witten IIRC. what that should tell you, is that bennett makes the most of the few opportunities he gets. Dallas runs their offense thru witten to a large extent. dont know how u cant understand that. 3. thats bc u didnt even watch the 32 min. if u did, u wouldnt have made the mistake of thinking it was 32 min real time of a work out when it was actually an edited down clip of an entire day of effecient working out. if u had watched it, u'd see that his own trainer held the myth you hold "he doesnt have good work ethic", and realized that wasnt even close to true. 4. lmfao. not only are u incorrect about his work ethic, you actually feel you have this knowledge that he needs to renew and restructure it, lmfao. yup, pretty much they are all absurd statements. especially saying that bc ntegrase is a dallas fan, he must know more about bennett than a giants fan lmao and that his opinion AFTER BENNETT LEAVES DALLAS TO SIGN WITH THEIR RIVALS, that they're gonna be completely fair in their assessment. just last season ntegrase was prob talkin about how bennet was the future lol...</P>

</P>

One thing I will say is that you are wrong about Ntegrase. Guy knows his **** and is about as fair as it gets.</P>

giantsfan420
07-15-2012, 05:24 PM
see thats the difference between me and you i only have a problem with you and no one else i've only disagreed with two other people and its only been about 1 subject and thats Osi; other than that i'm cool. you have no idea how many posts of yours i skip, not read, to avoid a headache i even started my post saying i hate responding to you that should tell you smh. i've outlined what was stated by many you dispute it by calling it make believe so to even avoid you further i even go as far to tell you your right...that's me saying go away child, lol but nah like a whiny little brat you need your attention.* i think if you re read what you said you would realize that you had the superior no matter what approach. you even claim to know more about the cowboys than a cowboys fan that's knowledgeable of his own team lol.

*absurd statments? which one?
4.* that his work ethic is going to have to be renewed and restructured to become the a better all around player at his position - see how thats a subjective statement and a factual one? i said 'going to have to' meaning its up to him.

yup. pretty much all of thats incorrect. 1. dallas doesnt run or want to run a two te system. 2. he DIDNT get opportunities in the pass game. JASON WITTEN...dont u wonder why ur the only one who doesnt grasp this? lol. he actually had a higher % of receptions to targets than even Witten IIRC. what that should tell you, is that bennett makes the most of the few opportunities he gets. Dallas runs their offense thru witten to a large extent. dont know how u cant understand that. 3. thats bc u didnt even watch the 32 min. if u did, u wouldnt have made the mistake of thinking it was 32 min real time of a work out when it was actually an edited down clip of an entire day of effecient working out. if u had watched it, u'd see that his own trainer held the myth you hold "he doesnt have good work ethic", and realized that wasnt even close to true. 4. lmfao. not only are u incorrect about his work ethic, you actually feel you have this knowledge that he needs to renew and restructure it, lmfao. yup, pretty much they are all absurd statements. especially saying that bc ntegrase is a dallas fan, he must know more about bennett than a giants fan lmao and that his opinion AFTER BENNETT LEAVES DALLAS TO SIGN WITH THEIR RIVALS, that they're gonna be completely fair in their assessment. just last season ntegrase was prob talkin about how bennet was the future lol...</P>

*</P>

One thing I will say is that you are wrong about Ntegrase. Guy knows his **** and is about as fair as it gets.</P>

while that may be true, it isnt relevant. my point is a dallas cowboys fan doesnt automatically know more about a cowboys player just bc he's a fan of that team. thats illogical and inaccurate.
and i agree that he does know his stuff, but that still doesnt mean his opinion of bennett is more valid than any one elses. and if what rainier was saying was sourced from ntegrase, than i'd actually maintain he isnt very informed of bennett, but that isnt fair bc i dont know what ntegrase actually said.

rainierjef
07-15-2012, 06:25 PM
it was not but it was to show you that most cowboys fans who are knowledgeable of that matter all dispute what you say. i referenced him cause he is the only one on here that you can read and realize that what he says resonates throughout the dallas cowboys nation of fans. while some might be bias for losing a player to a rival others are objective based on what they see and Nteggrase has always been fair and knowledgeable in his assessment. i have no problem being wrong this is just a message board of a collection of egos at the end of the day but you have yet to prove that so until you show me otherwise you can stay withing the realm of your own thought on the matter doesn't mean its right. and i think you need to re read what a logical fallacy is.

sc_markt
07-16-2012, 09:38 PM
There's a big-time Dallas Cowboy fan at the gym where I work out and he has been laughing at me and the Giants ever since the Giants picked up Bennett.

giantsfan420
07-16-2012, 10:17 PM
well then tell him he's laughing at Witten too then bc Witten said he believes bennet will do very good with us and that hes extremely talented and athletic, but that there were just not enough plays to go around for him at dallas.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-17-2012, 12:27 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGkavvx11SUpEapF9Fr6FoWdG9Cr7ZY VJVFTeaNXvc3OCl-Xzm</p>

</p>

This board has the greatest arguements about absolutely nothing!!!</p>
its funny to egg people on haha

miked1958
07-17-2012, 05:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPJN7-E5Ac&feature=relmfu

I wasn't a huge fan of this guy based on his reputation of bad character, that stuff on hard knocks, and underachieving in 2009 when the cowboys intended a larger role for him on offense

but it seems, according to that video, this dude is really busting his *** off. He looks very determined to have the year of his career. That video is highly recommended for anyone who still has any qualms about him after he ballooned to 296 pounds (according to what the trainer said) because of the hamstring injury, weight lifting, and eating.

again.. highly recommend anyone watching that. its rather long, but its very informative and I enjoyed it. He worked a ton of catching drills too... definitely helps him in the receiving game to some extentHave a feeling Dallas is going to regret losing him

miked1958
07-17-2012, 05:50 AM
Same way we will regret losing MM. I see Mario as being the one break out guy that really does well and excels after leaving the giants. We all know there is a Hugh list of players that moved on to greener pastures and found out they were not so Green after all.. BJ is about to join that list

GMENAGAIN
07-17-2012, 06:32 AM
He very well could have had multiple multi-year deals on the table. He may have preferred a one year deal because if he can show more as a receiver, he can get a much much larger deal.</P>

I don't recall seeing a single report about him receiving any other offers.</P>

</P>

GMENAGAIN
07-17-2012, 06:38 AM
well then tell him he's laughing at Witten too then bc Witten said he believes bennet will do very good with us and that hes extremely talented and athletic, but that there were just not enough plays to go around for him at dallas.</P>

Witten is a class act. What would you expect him to say?</P>

It is undisputed that the guy did not live up to expectations in Dallas. We will find out this year if that was solely because of the Dallas offense and/or playing behind Witten.</P>

</P>

Diamondring
07-17-2012, 08:20 AM
Same way we will regret losing MM. I see Mario as being the one break out guy that really does well and excels after leaving the giants. We all know there is a Hugh list of players that moved on to greener pastures and found out they were not so Green after all.. BJ is about to join that listI say BJ will do well.

Diamondring
07-17-2012, 08:20 AM
Same way we will regret losing MM. I see Mario as being the one break out guy that really does well and excels after leaving the giants. We all know there is a Hugh list of players that moved on to greener pastures and found out they were not so Green after all.. BJ is about to join that listI say BJ will do well.

buddy33
07-17-2012, 08:35 AM
He is a very good blocker and the Giants need help in that department. He came cheap and if he doesn't produce it was still a good signing. What where the Giants other choices at TE?

GMENAGAIN
07-17-2012, 08:37 AM
He is a very good blocker and the Giants need help in that department. He came cheap and if he doesn't produce it was still a good signing. What where the Giants other choices at TE?</P>

I agree that it was virtually a risk-free move for the Giants.</P>

C1010
07-17-2012, 03:59 PM
I think Bennett catches a lot of flack because of the Hard Knocks show and the fact that Witten has outplayed him. I think he will be an awesome fit for the Giants. Awesome blocker, good pass catcher and is a physical specimen. Those workouts are impressive.

GMENAGAIN
07-17-2012, 04:53 PM
I think Bennett catches a lot of flack because of the Hard Knocks show and the fact that Witten has outplayed him. I think he will be an awesome fit for the Giants. Awesome blocker, good pass catcher and is a physical specimen. Those workouts are impressive.
</P>

I have to agree with juice . . . . it doesn't look to me like he's really busting it in this video. He certainly doen't look like a "physical specimen" . . . . . </P>

Justthe fact that he is working out on his own is encouraging though . . . . . </P>

G-Men Surg.
07-17-2012, 05:20 PM
I have to agree with some of the posters in here that he doesn't look like he is burning the practice field during that vid but that been said its encouraging seeing him working out, heck if he doesn't get it thru his head that this is " THE " chance he was looking for and the opportunity of a life time coming to a winner franchise then I don't know what will .

appodictic
07-17-2012, 10:10 PM
The last thing we need for him to do is go balls to the wall in practice and hurt himself. He the #1 and super critical so if i were him I might not go 110% at this point.

GMENAGAIN
07-17-2012, 10:32 PM
The last thing we need for him to do is go balls to the wall in practice and hurt himself. He the #1 and super critical so if i were him I might not go 110% at this point.
[:O]:confused:

BlueBlooded1979
07-23-2012, 03:00 PM

He needs to prove he can be a number 1 on the practice field before being handed the job. If Hopkins or another unproven kid outworks him for the job then that is how it is.

Mod_C
07-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Welcome back

njg85m
07-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the whole 'bad character' stigma attached to this guy solely because he voiced his opinion that John Kitna was a better QB than Romo?

I'm pretty certain after that the guy instantly became the black sheep of that "family".

tonyt830
07-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the whole 'bad character' stigma attached to this guy solely because he voiced his opinion that John Kitna was a better QB than Romo?

I'm pretty certain after that the guy instantly became the black sheep of that "family".I think some fans, even Cowboys fans, questioned his work ethic, that he was lazy.

I believe Bennett also made some rap video on youtube that offended some people--cant remember exactly what it entailed, but it happened a couple years back if Im not mistaken?

davepc
07-23-2012, 06:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPJN7-E5Ac&

Wow

GMENAGAIN
07-23-2012, 08:38 PM

I'm pretty certain after that the guy instantly became the black sheep of that "family".
Nah, go back and watch Hard Knocks from his rookie year. He came off real lazy and unmotivated . . . . .

njg85m
07-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. I think he has tremendous upside and hopefully that's what we get.