PDA

View Full Version : Cruz's statement on Nicks progress a little disappointing

JesseJames
07-14-2012, 05:38 PM
I just read this statement by Cruz on Nicks progress and I was a little disappointed. I was under the impression he would be ready to go by summer camp:

"He looks good. He's walking again on his own so that's definitely a good sign," Cruz said at the Queens Theatre at a Time Warner Cable event to promote his memoir "Victor Cruz: Out of the Blue," which is schedule to be released July 17. "He told me he'll be ready and he told me he'll take training camp to continue rehabbing and continue to get his foot back right, but I definitely expect him to be ready by game one."
Nicks' original diagnosis was 12 weeks, which meant he was due to return August 17. That is still a possibility, but his prediction of the start of training camp isn't.

slipknottin
07-14-2012, 05:41 PM
I thought week 1 was pushing it to the max.

Training camp was never going to be possible.

JesseJames
07-14-2012, 05:56 PM

Training camp was never going to be possible.the original diagnosis was to return by the middle of august and now it looks like the first week of Sept, if thats true he will need a lot of conditioning before he can play ..

FBomb
07-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Where did your read that? Everything I've read since it happened has said he'd be questionable for the start of the season.

miked1958
07-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Better off he stays out till real games. Can't have a season ending injury in a preseason game of you are in rehab

Neverend
07-14-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm very confused about all this as well

I had thought week 1 was worst case scenario...

now Nicks supposedly told cruz thats his target? I thought in all likelihood he mid-camp he would be good to go

Damn.

bLuereverie
07-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Even if he were "capable" of running midcamp, I wouldn't have objected to still shutting him down for preseason.

The more time he spends off the foot, the better it looks for Week 17 and after, not week 1.

GmenFan1980
07-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Even if he were "capable" of running midcamp, I wouldn't have objected to still shutting him down for preseason.

The more time he spends off the foot, the better it looks for Week 17 and after, not week 1.

I really liked your sig lol. why did Photobucket have to make it so I cant see it now :/

RoanokeFan
07-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Injuries happen and then we see who's the "next man up." The timing is a plus since we have all of the young bucks eager to take advantage of Nick's reps. We will be better off in the long term.

SweetZombieJesus
07-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Heck I'm fine easing him in in October.

buddy33
07-14-2012, 10:21 PM
I believe from the time of his surgery, 12 weeks would have been just 3 weeks before the 1st game.

NYGRealityCheck
07-14-2012, 11:19 PM
Injuries happen and then we see who's the "next man up."* The timing is a plus since we have all of the young bucks eager to take advantage of Nick's reps.* We will be better off in the long term.

I can't imagine the team using Victor Cruz too much in preseason with Nicks' injury. This will be a good preseason to see all the rest of the WRs on the Giant's roster.

Hixon, Randle, Barden, Jernigan, DePalma, B. Collins, D. Douglas, I. Stanback, J. Talley.

G-Man67
07-15-2012, 03:11 PM
yeah i felt the same way ... i would have preferred he said that he feels like he could go in a few weeks, but the team decided to target week 1 ... instead he kinda said he is only hoping for week 1 after being overly positive at first

either way, we find ways to win and the Boys have being finding ways to lose .. Hixon is a gutsy player and the rook is very talented ... plus Barden should contribute, so we will be OK ... can't wait for the season !!!!

mikeq672
07-16-2012, 08:45 PM

Training camp was never going to be possible.the original diagnosis was to return by the middle of august and now it looks like the first week of Sept, if thats true he will need a lot of conditioning before he can play ..

Youre confusing the "original diagnosis" with what Nicks was hoping for.