PDA

View Full Version : Phil Simms: Joe Flacco awesome on Ravens, not good

Toadofsteel
07-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a8ffc1/article/phil-simms-joe-flacco-awesome-on-ravens-not-good?module=HP11_headline_stack)

Count former NFL quarterback and current CBS analyst Phil Simms among those who considers Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco to be a franchise quarterback.

"Joe Flacco has had a lot of success, not some," Simms said in a Saturday story by Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times. "I never look at Joe's completion percentage and say he's inaccurate. I look at him as a guy who makes great throws, not good ones, every single game. If someone gets open, he hits them. He moves around well. He's a giant of a man and can throw the football with basically anybody in the NFL. If that's not a franchise quarterback, I don't know what one is. All the experts and the networks can continue to debate Joe because he hasn't won the big one and of course that completion percentage."

Flacco's career completion percentage is actually a respectable 60.8 percent during the regular season. It's the 54.3 percent figure in nine playoff games (including a 54.3 percent completion percentage in the Ravens' five playoffs win with Flacco at quarterback) and his penchant for holding onto the ball for too long in the pocket that keep Flacco from currently ascending to the next level of NFL quarterbacks.

"It's really amazing," Simms continued. "Put Joe Flacco on a football team where it's all about the quarterback and the offense and he will put up staggering numbers. He plays for a coach that's not worried about the glorification of his quarterback. Joe Flacco is a big part of them winning, but personal success and glory might elude him. He may only get it through victories.

"Even then, he might not get the credit that he deserves. I don't think he's good, I think he's awesome. I know I'm right. I don't need your stamp of approval."</p>

Toadofsteel
07-15-2012, 05:45 PM
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY NOW MOREHEAD

lawl
07-15-2012, 06:02 PM
1. This isn't Giants related.</P>

2. Joe Flacco has had a damn good start to his career.</P>

Toadofsteel
07-15-2012, 06:09 PM
It is if you consider that now even Simms has turned against Eli...

jomo
07-15-2012, 06:14 PM
lol, obviously Phil missed the game against Jacksonville last year where Flacco blew me out of my suicide pool by completing 3 or 4 passed the whole game. I have heard a few pundits gushing about Flacco's arm strength during this pre-season. If arm strength were the measure of greatness, Joe Gilliam would be in the hall of fame.

lawl
07-15-2012, 06:21 PM
It is if you consider that now even Simms has turned against Eli...</P>

Eli isn't mentioned.</P>

GmenFan1980
07-15-2012, 08:09 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIAJSe0g39Y3p0CmsXCn0DS8OUHNPa5 kelRsiroW5FFaOfGnvD

FBomb
07-15-2012, 08:15 PM
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY NOW MOREHEAD</P>

</P>

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReT_qhN1-h3NEDLmvSnYML2mIQUhEiV-2E4PmXuDAZBqyRBuqS_g</P>

jomo
07-15-2012, 09:01 PM
It is if you consider that now even Simms has turned against Eli... https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIAJSe0g39Y3p0CmsXCn0DS8OUHNPa5 kelRsiroW5FFaOfGnvDWe have just entered the Twilight Zone. lol</P>

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdGp3tRsM7tXPgFogh4784lDWvz0bPo p_-_QPDa8EgVnTKY1ye</P>

miked1958
07-15-2012, 09:11 PM
I was wondering the same thing. A tv Analyst is is pd to give his opinion on all 32 QBs. Just because he is giving a favorable report on a QB that's at on the giants doesn't make Hun anti eli

yatitle
07-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Not a shock that Phil would support a Qb that holds onto the ball too long. It was something that haunted Phil his whole career.

Roosevelt
07-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Not a shock that Phil would support a Qb that holds onto the ball too long. It was something that haunted Phil his whole career.

What are you smoking?

Roosevelt
07-15-2012, 09:29 PM

This is classic. I'd love to respond to this....

jomo
07-15-2012, 09:30 PM

What are you smoking?

Simms and Romo are two quarterbacks aboutas different in style as you will ever find. We need to get into camp fast so that we've something real to talk about Rosey.

GmenFan1980
07-15-2012, 09:37 PM

What are you smoking?

Simms and Romo are two quarterbacks about*as different in style as you will ever find. We need to get into camp fast so that we've something real to talk about Rosey.

Romo? I thought this thread was about Flacco lol.

This thread is so confusing :P

Edit- Injuries, plagued Simms career from what I hear.

yatitle
07-15-2012, 09:42 PM

What are you smoking?

Simms and Romo are two quarterbacks about*as different in style as you will ever find. We need to get into camp fast so that we've something real to talk about Rosey.

It is about Flacco and that what my response about Simms referred to. All these Simms loving CBS employees who post on here don't even borrow to read the threads.

jomo
07-15-2012, 10:08 PM

What are you smoking?

Simms and Romo are two quarterbacks aboutas different in style as you will ever find. We need to get into camp fast so that we've something real to talk about Rosey. Romo? I thought this thread was about Flacco lol. This thread is so confusing :P Edit- Injuries, plagued Simms career from what I hear. It is about Flacco and that what my response about Simms referred to. All these Simms loving CBS employees who post on here don't even borrow to read the threads.Nice try with the slight of hand my friend but it was you who took this thread off the rail with a shot a Simms that defied all logic and fact. </P>

PS last time I looked, neither Rosey nor I work for CBS. And where did that come from anyway? I think Rosey may have asked the operative question here.</P>

Roosevelt
07-15-2012, 10:11 PM

What are you smoking?

Simms and Romo are two quarterbacks aboutas different in style as you will ever find. We need to get into camp fast so that we've something real to talk about Rosey.

It is about Flacco and that what my response about Simms referred to. All these Simms loving CBS employees who post on here don't even borrow to read the threads.

Tell me genius how Simms holding onto the ball too long haunted his career.

Phil was an amazingly accurate passer who would hold the ball and deliver it into the tightest of spots.

jomo
07-15-2012, 11:20 PM

What are you smoking?

Simms and Romo are two quarterbacks aboutas different in style as you will ever find. We need to get into camp fast so that we've something real to talk about Rosey. Romo? I thought this thread was about Flacco lol. This thread is so confusing :P Edit- Injuries, plagued Simms career from what I hear. It is about Flacco and that what my response about Simms referred to. All these Simms loving CBS employees who post on here don't even borrow to read the threads.

Phil was an amazingly accurate passer who would hold the ball and deliver it into the tightest of spots.

Since we are setting the record straight here for those on the board who may not have seen Phil in his prime, let me add the following. He was the most courageous QB I have ever seen in staring down a pass rush in order to deliver a pass to one of his receivers. He threw an amazing seam pass to his tight ends, most notably Bavaro and threw the deep out as well as anyone playing at the time. This was particularly impressive playing in the cold and WIND of Giants Stadium. He held the ball, waiting for his receivers to come open and I never remember a single person saying that his inclination that way let to interceptions, fumbles or unnecessary sacks......................until I read this thread. <FONT color=#ff0000>Hmmm amazing whatone can learn here</FONT>.

GmenFan1980
07-16-2012, 12:24 AM

What are you smoking?

Simms and Romo are two quarterbacks about*as different in style as you will ever find. We need to get into camp fast so that we've something real to talk about Rosey. Romo? I thought this thread was about Flacco lol. This thread is so confusing :P Edit- Injuries, plagued Simms career from what I hear. It is about Flacco and that what my response about Simms referred to. All these Simms loving CBS employees who post on here don't even borrow to read the threads.

Since we are setting the record straight here for those on the board who may not have seen Phil in his prime, let me add the following. He was the most courageous QB I have ever seen in staring down a pass rush in order to deliver a pass to one of his receivers. He threw an amazing seam pass to his tight ends, most notably Bavaro and threw the deep out as well as anyone playing at the time. This was particularly impressive playing in the cold and WIND of Giants Stadium. He held the ball, waiting for his receivers to come open and I never remember a single person saying that his inclination that way let to interceptions, fumbles or unnecessary sacks......................until I read this thread. <FONT color=#ff0000>Hmmm amazing what*one can learn here</FONT>.

So....<FONT color=#ff0000>basically what you're saying is Alex smith is the best quarterback ever right?</FONT>

lol, this is an odd thread and I apologize for not taking it too seriously Jomo :)

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRodQAYifLzSyIwzBPpHMpuN1hVxaEoK jZww_Lyn0IfeviOlgeaUA

Roosevelt
07-16-2012, 03:38 PM

What are you smoking?

Simms and Romo are two quarterbacks aboutas different in style as you will ever find. We need to get into camp fast so that we've something real to talk about Rosey. Romo? I thought this thread was about Flacco lol. This thread is so confusing :P Edit- Injuries, plagued Simms career from what I hear. It is about Flacco and that what my response about Simms referred to. All these Simms loving CBS employees who post on here don't even borrow to read the threads.

Since we are setting the record straight here for those on the board who may not have seen Phil in his prime, let me add the following. He was the most courageous QB I have ever seen in staring down a pass rush in order to deliver a pass to one of his receivers. He threw an amazing seam pass to his tight ends, most notably Bavaro and threw the deep out as well as anyone playing at the time. This was particularly impressive playing in the cold and WIND of Giants Stadium. He held the ball, waiting for his receivers to come open and I never remember a single person saying that his inclination that way let to interceptions, fumbles or unnecessary sacks......................until I read this thread. <font color="#ff0000">Hmmm amazing whatone can learn here</font>.

lol. It is nice isn't Jomo that we can learn so much from our members here? We must keep in mind that some of our members are getting up in years where senility is setting in. So I'm sure there is no intent to try to rewrite history.

Mod_C
07-16-2012, 03:42 PM

# 1, DO NOT call out other posters

# 2, where is Eli mentined

#3, moving this to General Sports

jomo
07-16-2012, 11:54 PM

What are you smoking?

Since we are setting the record straight here for those on the board who may not have seen Phil in his prime, let me add the following. He was the most courageous QB I have ever seen in staring down a pass rush in order to deliver a pass to one of his receivers. He threw an amazing seam pass to his tight ends, most notably Bavaro and threw the deep out as well as anyone playing at the time. This was particularly impressive playing in the cold and WIND of Giants Stadium. He held the ball, waiting for his receivers to come open and I never remember a single person saying that his inclination that way let to interceptions, fumbles or unnecessary sacks......................until I read this thread. <FONT color=#ff0000>Hmmm amazing whatone can learn here</FONT>.

lol. It is nice isn't Jomo that we can learn so much from our members here? We must keep in mind that some of our members are getting up in years where senility is setting in. So I'm sure there is no intent to try to rewrite history.
I'm with you Rosey and frankly I don't know how to respond to some of these people who just make stuff up?