PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Talent Busting Out Of The Seams

BlueBlitzer
07-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Last year question marks, injuries, and signing math teachers off the couch ( sorry chase ) . This year ? Heck our training camp fodder would probobly make a lot of rosters in the League.

jomo
07-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Last year question marks, injuries, and signing math teachers off the couch ( sorry chase ) . This year ? Heck our training camp fodder would probobly make a lot of rosters in the League.Agreed, deeper at DB, deeper at LB and as fiece as ever on the DL. Can;t wait to get started.

fourth&forever
07-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Final cuts will be TOUGH.

rainierjef
07-15-2012, 05:49 PM
theres a LB jake muasau that played a hybrid LB/DE role in college i hope he makes the cut somehow. i think he can shine in a year or two

TuckYou
07-15-2012, 06:03 PM
theres a LB jake muasau that played a hybrid LB/DE role in college i hope he makes the cut somehow. i think he can shine in a year or two
</P>

I like everything I have heard about this kid, but Im not sure he will stick. Our hybid LB / DE's are probably Kiwi and Tracy. </P>

fourth&forever
07-15-2012, 06:04 PM

I've heard some good things about him. I will be sure to follow #43 when I'm at camp. He's up against steep competition though. Most likely that he could get a ride on the practice squad if he shows something. I wish him the best.

rainierjef
07-15-2012, 06:17 PM
</p>

I like everything I have heard about this kid, but Im not sure he will stick. Our hybid LB / DE's are probably Kiwi and Tracy. </p>

your probably right, i think they are working him in the middle as well.

rainierjef
07-15-2012, 06:19 PM

I've heard some good things about him. I will be sure to follow #43 when I'm at camp. He's up against steep competition though. Most likely that he could get a ride on the practice squad if he shows something. I wish him the best.

yeah the LB core is deep this year, hope he makes it not at the expense of someone else getting injured but with talent and determination.

VegasGmen
07-15-2012, 09:13 PM
</P>

I like everything I have heard about this kid, but Im not sure he will stick. Our hybid LB / DE's are probably Kiwi and Tracy. </P>
Agree and its time for Tracy to step up big. Kid has some talent. He has paid his dues the last couple of years

BigBlue1971
07-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Last year question marks, injuries, and signing math teachers off the couch ( sorry chase ) . This year ? Heck our training camp fodder would probobly make a lot of rosters in the League.</P>

</P>

should be interesting....training camp! </P>

i hope we have a few postive surprises!</P>

Cool Papa B.
07-16-2012, 02:18 PM

+1...

I see a lot of potential in Muasau. Fewell spoke highly of him during rookie camp/OTA's. And he has been working him at MLB.

I've mentioned this in several threads, the linebacker positions is the most intrigueing battle this year. And IMO it will be the most improved area on the Giants this year.

GMENAGAIN
07-16-2012, 02:52 PM
If Muasau makes a real run at making the 53 man roster, I think that Greg Jones could be in trouble . . . . .

Cool Papa B.
07-16-2012, 03:39 PM
If Muasau makes a real run at making the 53 man roster, I think that Greg Jones could be in trouble . . . . .

Him or Paysinger IMO. They've been working out Jones at the SAM during OTA's. And they like his special teams play.

GiantPride27
07-16-2012, 04:25 PM

Him or Paysinger IMO. They've been working out Jones at the SAM during OTA's. And they like his special teams play.

I love Jones. but Paysinger was our best special teamer, next to JWill.

zimonami
07-16-2012, 04:34 PM

+1...

I see a lot of potential in Muasau. Fewell spoke highly of him during rookie camp/OTA's. And he has been working him at MLB.

I've mentioned this in several threads, the linebacker positions is the most intrigueing battle this year. And IMO it will be the most improved area on the Giants this year.
Most improved on Defense, yes... the only question then becomes how long it will take for them to work well together.

JesseJames
07-16-2012, 05:39 PM
I like Muasau too and I just hope the team doesn't cut him and keep Clint Sintim..

JMFP2
07-16-2012, 08:08 PM

+1...

I'm really interested to see how the LB's shake out.

JJC7301
07-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Agreed, but I pray that we don't get hit by the injury bug yet again.

If they're relatively healthy throughout the season, they could be one of the most dominant defenses.

miked1958
07-17-2012, 12:16 AM
Don't even mention that word on these boards this year

RagTime Blue
07-17-2012, 12:23 AM
DB's are a big question mark in my mind.

How good is Prince?
What can T2 do?
Are Phillips' health concerns a thing of the past?
Who's our third safety. . .Sash?? Can he play D?

Not saying we can't be great there, but just is a lot of grey matter in my book at the moment.

G-Man67
07-17-2012, 05:37 AM
i'm excited about the D as well

but, we have to be a little careful buying into unknown players and i include draft picks and FAs in the unknown

remember, there is so much being written about the teams these days ... that just about every "unknown" player on the roster will get one of those "feel good" articles ... Joe Martinek being a great example (i know offense, but ...) ... local kid ... lot of positive press, but the reality is he is a long shot to make the NFL

finally and i hate to oversimplify things, but our pass rush and our health will play a huge role in what the D can do ... we saw teams kinda have their way with us when we weren't healthy and we weren't firing on all cylinders ... conversely, we saw how we could totally dominate when we got more healthy and started clicking

another good thing is that it is the 3rd year in the Fewell system, so our guys should be playing entirely on instinct and without hesitation, since they know their assignments cold now

shockeyg
07-17-2012, 07:11 AM
Is it still a 53 man roster this year , or did that number go up ?</P>

JesseJames
07-17-2012, 10:14 AM
if we can stop the run this year and get off the field stopping 3rd down plays we'll be fine....

GMENAGAIN
07-17-2012, 10:19 AM
I like Muasau too and I just hope the team doesn't cut him and keep Clint Sintim..</P>

I think that Sintim is a goner . . . . . </P>

bafzel
07-17-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm excited but also very nervous of all the unavoidable injuries that will come during preseason.
I'm just hoping we will be off to a better start than last year when our first and second round pick were out before our first game.

I'm very excited to see the linebackers and cornerbacks and the battle of the third WR-spot but it will also be fun to see what David Wilson and Marvin Austin can do.

Overall I think the team looks better than last year and especially on the defensive side!

giantman8493
07-17-2012, 10:37 AM
I like Muasau too and I just hope the team doesn't cut him and keep Clint Sintim..</P>

I think that Sintim is a goner . . . . . </P>I think YOUR a goner

nycsportzfan
07-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Last year question marks, injuries, and signing math teachers off the couch ( sorry chase ) . This year ? Heck our training camp fodder would probobly make a lot of rosters in the League. I couldent agree more.. Could u imagine a guy like Jaquain Williams coming off the yr he had last yr as a Rookie being a Bench player still on other teams? U got tons of upside guys like Keith Rivers(mostly injured, if healthy alot of upside), Herzlich, Austin, Amukumura..etc U got guys who are all ready performing extremely well and have not even hit there peak like Linval Joseph and Jason Pierre Paul.. U got quality proven vets likeBoley, Rolle, TT, and Canty.. U got stars like Tuck, Webster, and Osi.. U got sleepers like Adrian Tracy and Janzen Jackson.. I mean, this defense litteraly has it all.. </P>

</P>

nycsportzfan
07-17-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm excited but also very nervous of all the unavoidable injuries that will come during preseason. I'm just hoping we will be off to a better start than last year when our first and second round pick were out before our first game. I'm very excited to see the linebackers and cornerbacks and the battle of the third WR-spot but it will also be fun to see what David Wilson and Marvin Austin can do. Overall I think the team looks better than last year and especially on the defensive side! As a draft nut, i can tell u, alot of these players that will play if to many injurys occur have some talent.. Most notably, Adrian Tracy, Mark Herzlich, Greg Jones, and Tyler Sash.. Janzen Jackson has about as much upside as any UDF, in my opinion.. Guy could become a Earl Thomas type FS in this league, with the skill set he has.. of coure alot has to go right, but he has that kinda talent.. Just gots to keep his head on straight...

GMENAGAIN
07-17-2012, 10:56 AM

I think YOUR a goner</P>

Ah, the good old "I know you are but what am I?" retort . . . . . </P>

Instead of replying like a 6 year-old, why don't you tell me what you have seen from Sintim to indicate that he will make the team and/or be a significant contributor? While you're at it, why don't you tell us who should be cut so that Sintim can make the team?</P>

JesseJames
07-17-2012, 04:48 PM

don't understand your response it makes no sense..unless you think we should cut a good player to keep Sintim....

zimonami
07-17-2012, 08:42 PM

don't understand your response it makes no sense..unless you think we should cut a good player to keep Sintim....
When we made the Sintim pick I thought he was going to be another impact LB for us. \
There's only so much patience in a body, and he's worn his welcome thin. I'd rather cut bait and see what other warm body can fill his void.

JJC7301
07-17-2012, 11:36 PM
DB's are a big question mark in my mind.*

How good is Prince?
What can T2 do?
Are Phillips' health concerns a thing of the past?
Who's our third safety. . .Sash??* Can he play D?

Not saying we can't be great there, but just is a lot of grey matter in my book at the moment.

IMO it's no more, and probably less, grey matter than most teams regarding our secondary.

CW is one of the best CB's; Prince was a highly regarded "steal" in the draft who will be entering his 1st full season; and T2 has already shown what he can do when healthy. Plenty of teams have to deal with players coming back from injuries, so we're not unique.

At safety, Rolle is a solid player and leader and doesn't seem to get hurt (knock on wood); Phillips played all of last season (as far as I recall) and got progressively better; and Holsey could be a steal. We'll see about Safety, but how many teams out there don't have to worry about the quality of their depth in their secondary? IMO the Giants have lots of relative depth in the secondary.

giantman8493
07-18-2012, 12:19 AM

don't understand your response it makes no sense..unless you think we should cut a good player to keep Sintim....Or you can take it how it was meant. Literally. I think he is a goner. Duh.
I hope he gets cut for a poster that can contribute a little more on special teams...
obviously this fool dosent actually play. that part was a joke. HAHA!

But seriously... I do hope he gets cut for someone that is competent. The new boards are a perfect time to cut posters

giantman8493
07-18-2012, 12:21 AM

I think YOUR a goner</P>

Instead of replying like a 6 year-old, why don't you tell me what you have seen from Sintim to indicate that he will make the team and/or be a significant contributor? While you're at it, why don't you tell us who should be cut so that Sintim can make the team?</P> I see my intent went right over your head huh?

How am I not surprised.

GMENAGAIN
07-18-2012, 06:17 AM

I think YOUR a goner don't understand your response it makes no sense..unless you think we should cut a good player to keep Sintim....Or you can take it how it was meant. Literally. I think he is a goner. Duh. I hope he gets cut for a poster that can contribute a little more on special teams... obviously this fool dosent actually play. that part was a joke. HAHA! But seriously... I do hope he gets cut for someone that is competent. The new boards are a perfect time to cut posters</P>

You realize that jokes are supposed to be funny, right?</P>

GMENAGAIN
07-18-2012, 06:21 AM

I think YOUR a goner</P>

Instead of replying like a 6 year-old, why don't you tell me what you have seen from Sintim to indicate that he will make the team and/or be a significant contributor? While you're at it, why don't you tell us who should be cut so that Sintim can make the team?</P>

I see my intent went right over your head huh? How am I not surprised.</P>

Yes.I can tell byyour spelling that you are obviously operating ona much higher intellectual level than I could ever hope to reach . . . . . </P>

</P>