PDA

View Full Version : Justin Tuck's Facemask

hungrrrry
07-15-2012, 09:08 PM
I gotta say, I don't like it...looks like a hockey helmet facemask. Not sure why he needs to change the style of the facemask, nor why the NFL let him do that. Is this helping to protect against a certain hazard of the game?

I don't think a player should be given the priviledge of the changes to be different...if that is all it is about.

lastly...it must be front heavy which could affect his play which is something the team should be concerned about...maybe I am wrong

Rudyy
07-15-2012, 09:10 PM
According to him, it would be a lot harder for players to grab and yank it.

miked1958
07-15-2012, 09:16 PM
This is old news. Threads about this have already been done. Also with pics on it

jomo
07-15-2012, 09:18 PM
I gotta say, I don't like it...looks like a hockey helmet facemask. Not sure why he needs to change the style of the facemask, nor why the NFL let him do that. Is this helping to protect against a certain hazard of the game? I don't think a player should be given the priviledge of the changes to be different...if that is all it is about. lastly...it must be front heavy which could affect his play which is something the team should be concerned about...maybe I am wrongI pretty much disagree with everything you say here but I sure do support your right to say it lol.</P>

Specifically</P>

I like it, it looks cool and it may very well help him protect that neck by having less yanks on the new cage.</P>

It doesn't remind me of a hockey helmet</P>

Changing styles in facemasks have been going on for as long as there have been facemasks, why is now any different?</P>

If it is protecting him against a hazard of the game, that should be a good thing right? If it isn't, then he's just styling which is his perogative.</P>

Since when is changing facemasks a priviledge to be different? Like I said, it's been going on forever.</P>

With a full helmet and only partial cage, maybe the old helmet was "back heavy" and this will balance it out. Either way, shouldn't we just leave that one to the GM, coached and the player. I don't know enough about this stuff to make that call but seemingly you do.</P>

PS, He thinks it will protect him from hits to the face and OL grabbing the more traditional wide open grid. Why would you want to deprive a man the use of improved personal protective equipment while doing his job?</P>

Flip Empty
07-15-2012, 10:31 PM
I don't understand why anyone would have an issue with it. It's for Tuck's benefit, not the fans'

Anyway, it's made its way into Madden 13

http://i.imgur.com/rEMlB.jpg

bLuereverie
07-16-2012, 12:27 AM
The mask is titanium, not conventional steel. So it's lighter.

I just hope he can see out of that thing. That and I hope our Olineman don't break their fingers on it during contact drills.

bLuereverie
07-16-2012, 12:27 AM

I just hope he can see out of that thing. That and I hope our Olineman don't break their fingers on it during contact drills.

C1010
07-16-2012, 02:23 AM

The eye area is exactly like his previous masks. I personally think its an awesome mask. It has aggressive looks but its extremely function. I think its going to cut down on injury.

greenca190
07-16-2012, 04:45 AM
It's a god damn face mask, who cares.

Captain Chaos
07-16-2012, 06:03 AM
I gotta say, I don't like it...looks like a hockey helmet facemask. Not sure why he needs to change the style of the facemask, nor why the NFL let him do that. Is this helping to protect against a certain hazard of the game? I don't think a player should be given the priviledge of the changes to be different...if that is all it is about. lastly...it must be front heavy which could affect his play which is something the team should be concerned about...maybe I am wrongI pretty much disagree with everything you say here but I sure do support your right to say it lol.</P>

Specifically</P>

I like it, it looks cool and it may very well help him protect that neck by having less yanks on the new cage.</P>

It doesn't remind me of a hockey helmet</P>

Changing styles in facemasks have been going on for as long as there have been facemasks, why is now any different?</P>

If it is protecting him against a hazard of the game, that should be a good thing right? If it isn't, then he's just styling which is his perogative.</P>

Since when is changing facemasks a priviledge to be different? Like I said, it's been going on forever.</P>

With a full helmet and only partial cage, maybe the old helmet was "back heavy" and this will balance it out. Either way, shouldn't we just leave that one to the GM, coached and the player. I don't know enough about this stuff to make that call but seemingly you do.</P>

PS, He thinks it will protect him from hits to the face and OL grabbing the more traditional wide open grid. Why would you want to deprive a man the use of improved personal protective equipment while doing his job?</P>

I'm with you Jomo; he has a right to his opinion I simply disagree.

MikeIsaGiant
07-16-2012, 10:27 AM
I don't understand why anyone would have an issue with it. It's for Tuck's benefit, not the fans'

Anyway, it's made its way into Madden 13

http://i.imgur.com/rEMlB.jpg

It looks pretty sweet to me honestly. I like it, and it looks pretty cool in madden.

Jiffy Jeff
07-16-2012, 10:59 AM
I gotta say, I don't like it...looks like a hockey helmet facemask. Not sure why he needs to change the style of the facemask, nor why the NFL let him do that. Is this helping to protect against a certain hazard of the game?

I don't think a player should be given the priviledge of the changes to be different...if that is all it is about.

lastly...it must be front heavy which could affect his play which is something the team should be concerned about...maybe I am wrong

This was talked about a lot on these boards a couple weeks ago or so. I believen the weight is said not to be an issue because the facemask is titanium or something or other.