PDA

View Full Version : What's your biggest question/concern heading into training camp?

JMFP2
07-16-2012, 09:09 PM
For me, without a doubt, it's the offensive line.

KATKAVAGE75
07-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Agreed. We will only be as good as the O line. We need them to be healthy, agile, mobile, & hostile as my old coach used to say.

bLuereverie
07-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Offensive line.

Lesser extent backup safety and TEs. Maybe our STs gunner.

Roxersboxers
07-16-2012, 09:28 PM
my biggest concern is nicks. I know he should be ready by week 1, but i dont think he will be the hakeem were used to seeing until a couple of weeks after that.

miked1958
07-17-2012, 06:42 AM
my biggest concern is nicks. I know he should be ready by week 1, but i dont think he will be the hakeem were used to seeing until a couple of weeks after that.Nicks and that 3 rd WR spot. Who ever gets it HAS TO BE ABLE TO BEAT SINGLE COVERAGE!!!

buddy33
07-17-2012, 09:31 AM
I think they have a very good team especially if they stay healthy and guys he lost last year can come back at full strength.

I think the OL and TE are he most obvious areas of concern.

Not to concerned as of now, but some other areas of concern are CB, WR, and DT.

GMENAGAIN
07-17-2012, 09:38 AM
OL, particularly RT.</P>

</P>

gumby742
07-17-2012, 09:50 AM
defense. our offense was still pretty good with no running game last year. our defense for the most part was absolute ****e. Granted, we had some injuries, but my faith in Fewell to adjust accordingly if we have injuries again is nil.

Diamondring
07-17-2012, 10:12 AM
I have no worries. The only thing I might have a little problem is Nicks and even with our new wr, I'm still happy.

MikeIsaGiant
07-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Offensive line/Tight end.

I'm hoping Bennett will actually step up and lose weigh too.

I'm worried O-line can't hold our RBs.

I think with the loss of Jacobs I'm also concerned.

Bradshaw, Wilson, DJ ware, Scott, Brown.

Not too confident in them with a crappy o-line

BJacobs aka The Problem
07-17-2012, 11:32 AM
for me, in this order

OL - Consistency will be the key, if these guys can play at a high level, our offense will be very dynamic.

CB - TT coming off an injury that usually takes a year to get back into form. Will Prince be able to step up this year and how will our depth hold up?

WR - Nicks is hurt and we lost our #3 to FA last year.

Those are my biggest concerns. OL will always take precedence because the game is won and lost in the trenches. CB is second because if our CB's can't cover in the first few seconds, our pass rush will get eaten up alive with quick slants and short routes. WR is final concern because we lost our #3 who at times made some dumb route decision but for the most part, was an excellent receiver. Granted we have a QB that can make WR's look real good, but the depth there and the lack of experience worries me.

G-Man67
07-17-2012, 11:37 AM
Nicks

O-line

TEs

now, NIcks has proven to be a fast healer, so i'm still confident he will get back, at worst, sometime in September ... plus, i don't anticipate a setback with him

O-line, well we have it covered, but we need to have above average O-line play and that is a question mark at this point

TEs ... last i read, Pascoe was leading the competition, which is fine, but his old role would have to be filled by someone ... maybe Hynoski ... having said that Bennett should be recovered from his hammy problems and he is down to 275, so he will be fighting to start based on his preseason performance

yoeddy
07-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Injuries, as always...

JMFP2
07-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Injuries, as always...

I'm incredibly superstititous about this subject....I won't even mention it directly.

JMFP2
07-17-2012, 04:33 PM
defense.* our offense was still pretty good with no running game last year.* our defense for the most part was absolute ****e.* Granted, we had some injuries, but my faith in Fewell to adjust accordingly if we have injuries again is nil.

This was my biggest worry until late last season, when suddenly, they were able to put things together.

I really think adding Blackburn last season was a catalyst.....just having someone who knew what the **** was going on was a huge upgrade.

yoeddy
07-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Injuries, as always...

I'm incredibly superstititous about this subject....I won't even mention it directly.

The Giants have had big injury problems when I haven't mentioned it, and they've had big injury problems when I have mentioned it. And I said something good about Eli's durability before last season with no negative repercussions...so I am feeling ok about talking about it freely with no fear of superstition...

JesseJames
07-17-2012, 05:59 PM
the biggest concern for me right now is the LT position. Beatty has still got a lot to prove and isn't healthy enough right now to prove anything, so if he can't go do we move Diehl back there and watch him suffer through everybody's speed rushers or put in Locklear or Brewer. Thats my concern right now the rest of the team looks fine to me...

G-Men Surg.
07-17-2012, 06:23 PM

Agree and close second in direct relation the running game.

giantyankee1976
07-17-2012, 08:58 PM
two words

Offensive Line.

They're just plain offensive. meh

Kase-1
07-17-2012, 09:30 PM
I have a few, but my main one is how is our OL gonna do. More specifically how will Beatty do after his eye injury and who's gonna play RT??

How will T2 come back from his injury??
How will Prince play after a full training camp and a bunch of games under his belt??
Who is our MLB??
Where is Keith Rivers gonna play??

I cant wait until football starts!!!!!

[:D]