PDA

View Full Version : if the eagles offered you "x" amount of dollars to switch teams and root for them, would you?

giantsfan420
07-17-2012, 12:14 AM
Bored. somehow this thought formed from another thread(toadsofsteel thanks pal). Could you pull the opposite of what NFL players do when going for the money and saying goodbye to loyalties?

do you guys have a breaking point on an amount of money to root for philly and hate the giants?

that is a tough tough question...lol like a million dollars I guess. i honestly think it would have to be hundreds of thousands of dollars, tax free cash, for me to even entertain it...

and spare me any down talking, i'm bored and thought this could be a fun topic.

gmen0820
07-17-2012, 12:19 AM
I can't say we just root for the Giants, I think we do so because we have a GENUINE love for the team. I haven't been watching football long, but as soon as I did, I always felt this bit of happiness when I saw the Giants uniform, our players, our coaches, our stadium, everything.

I would switch over for anything, because ultimately I don't think any amount could ultimately change my love for the Giants, the Giants themselves would have to spite me personally in some way for me to ever lose my loyalty towards them. I don't think an outside source could achieve that.

Interesting topic.

giantsfan420
07-17-2012, 12:22 AM
I can't say we just root for the Giants, I think we do so because we have a GENUINE love for the team. I haven't been watching football long, but as soon as I did, I always felt this bit of happiness when I saw the Giants uniform, our players, our coaches, our stadium, everything.

I would switch over for anything, because ultimately I don't think any amount could ultimately change my love for the Giants, the Giants themselves would have to spite me personally in some way for me to ever lose my loyalty towards them. I don't think an outside source could achieve that.

Interesting topic.

lets just say there was some sort of technology where it could make you remember everything, but just look back on it and feel anger lol...like you couldnt hold a positive thought about the giants in any way...hypothetical of course and i dont know if that even reflects what happens when players sign with new teams.

they often still have homes and stuff in the original towns and still hold good feelings for it.
but for the sake of this point, is there an amount that could switch you to the dark side ha...and if u want to expand on the idea in whatever way go for it

Drystt
07-17-2012, 12:27 AM
Blasphemy.

Roosevelt
07-17-2012, 12:31 AM
I, like all of you would make the switch for nothing if Eli was an Eagle.

[;)]

gmen0820
07-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Football has become such a big part of my life that it'd hurt to root for a loser, **** franchise like Philly. To root for Philly, would be my equivalent to giving up football, and that'd take a lot for me to budge, and a price really doesn't come to mind. It'd have to be an outstanding amount, really.

But I guess the sooner the better. The more years I add to my football count, the harder it'd be, so like fine wine, my price would increase with time.

egyptian420
07-17-2012, 12:35 AM
No amount of money, even in the Billions....could make me Genuinely like another team, much less a team like the eagles.

I'm not saying I wouldn't take the money if the offer came up, but it would be impossible for me to follow through with the promise and have a legitimate love for another team the same way I do for the Giants.....that's simply impossible.

EJ Blue
07-17-2012, 12:35 AM
If I got a lifetime of free premium seat tickets, free jerseys/apparel, free NFL Sunday ticket/ other variant, I'd go over to the dark side in a heartbeat because my main priority is watching some good football and they play good football. I'm not going to lie and make some rah rah stuff.

However, if the Eagles were substituted for a team like the Jets.... then I'd have to rethink this entire scenario.

egyptian420
07-17-2012, 12:37 AM

[;)]

As much as I hate to say something like this, even though it would never happen.....if Eli was on the Eagles, I'd want JPP to sack the #### out of him and force a fumble and send him home packing with a loss.

As much as I love Eli or any single Giants player, the team always comes first.

Btw I know that you're joking (or atleast I hope you are)

Toadofsteel
07-17-2012, 12:42 AM
You stole this from my post in the Cruz book thread :P

And doing such would be akin to selling my soul... so, no.

giantsfan420
07-17-2012, 12:44 AM
You stole this from my post in the Cruz book thread :P

And doing such would be akin to selling my soul... so, no.

fixed, and i agree but cmon. 500,000 cash in front of u right now...?

giantsfan420
07-17-2012, 12:44 AM
If I got a lifetime of free premium seat tickets, free jerseys/apparel, free NFL Sunday ticket/ other variant, I'd go over to the dark side in a heartbeat because my main priority is watching some good football and they play good football. I'm not going to lie and make some rah rah stuff.

However, if the Eagles were substituted for a team like the Jets.... then I'd have to rethink this entire scenario.

then rethink it. its the jets.

take the topic and run with it, any variation or other idea, ask away

BurnerNYG
07-17-2012, 12:52 AM
Nah F the Eagles! They can pay me some money to put my kids through school, set me up for life, build a nice house in NC and root for the Panthers though.

Martyr
07-17-2012, 12:55 AM
The only way I'd become a fan is if I was to own the Eagles franchise.

miked1958
07-17-2012, 01:13 AM
I wouldn't do it

Manstache
07-17-2012, 02:19 AM
Bored. somehow this thought formed from another thread(toadsofsteel thanks pal). Could you pull the opposite of what NFL players do when going for the money and saying goodbye to loyalties?

do you guys have a breaking point on an amount of money to root for philly and hate the giants?

that is a tough tough question...lol like a million dollars I guess. i honestly think it would have to be hundreds of thousands of dollars, tax free cash, for me to even entertain it...

and spare me any down talking, i'm bored and thought this could be a fun topic.naw bruh, my soul has no price tag.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-17-2012, 02:39 AM
I'd kill myself before I cheered for the only true terrorists on the planet.

greenca190
07-17-2012, 03:34 AM
More than Nine Hundred Dollars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssDICRX_rK8)

giantsfan420
07-17-2012, 03:41 AM
More than Nine Hundred Dollars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssDICRX_rK8)

hah that show is hilarious, but its getting close to being stale...its always sunny, that is a classic

G-Man67
07-17-2012, 06:23 AM
it's easier to switch women than to switch teams

miked1958
07-17-2012, 06:46 AM

and spare me any down talking, i'm bored and thought this could be a fun topic.Never!

fansince69
07-17-2012, 07:33 AM
there is NO amount of money that could make me root for anyone but the Giants or Yankees.....It is a part of who I am.......A tougher question would be....If your son was drafted and played for a different team could you root for them?Ive often told my son ....I would root for you to do well but could not root for your team....but that would be tougher than the money issue

giantyankee1976
07-17-2012, 07:45 AM

never had a beef with you before so forgive me if I come across like a A-hole or something.

I can't imagine rooting agianst the Giants. Ever.

seriously no soap box speech or nothing but, I have lived in another major city now for close to 23 years now and I am the oddball in all my spheres of life.

Work, Church, Neighborhood etc.

I am that guy that's wearing NY this, NY that; Giants, Yankees and Knicks in the city of Bears, Cubs/Chisox and Bulls.

Even if money was offered I couldn't do Benedict Arnold. I put up with a lot of "it-talking" as is.

It sucks being solo for dolo out here but I don't know any other way.

there is NO amount of money that could make me
root for anyone but the Giants or Yankees.....It is a part of who I
am.......A tougher question would be....If your son was drafted and
played for a different team could you root for them?Ive often told my
son ....I would root for you to do well but could not root for your
team....but that would be tougher than the money issue

+1

I
have 3 sons and if any of them played for the Red Sox, Eagles, Cowboys,
Skins etc It would be hard to swallow but my love for my sons
out-weighs anything else.

I'd only buy their jersey for example
but nothing else. Of course I'd appear to be a sell-out until I
explained the "son" angle...

Dorothy
07-17-2012, 08:10 AM
You should be banned from these boards for at least a year, for starting this.

gumby742
07-17-2012, 09:48 AM
it woudl be a lot easier to do ifI were paid on a per game basis for every Eagles win. If it was a lump sum, it'd be practically impossible for me. I'd say 5k-10k per win minimum for me to switch.</P>

But then again, that switch would be temporary - until I stopped getting paid.</P>

gumby742
07-17-2012, 09:49 AM

[;)]
</P>

Haha.</P>

SweetZombieJesus
07-17-2012, 09:59 AM
As fans we go through the equivalent of free agency when our team is down and other teams have success. That's where the bandwagon jumpers come in, they just follow whoever is successful or popular and switch allegiances with no thought. Or they hedge their bets and claim they are Green Bay/SF/Dallas/New England/Pittsburgh fans all at the same time.

Not us, we're here through good and bad.

I'm in it for the character of this franchise -- see my sig. Whether they just won a championship or are in the middle of a 30 year drought. There are very few other teams I could root for, and they are the ones who share these traits and show character and integrity. The Eggholes would not make this list.

Diamondring
07-17-2012, 10:10 AM
You should be banned from these boards for at least a year, for starting this.It makes no sense to even be a fan of the Giants if one was going to except the eagles offer and I agree with you.

yoeddy
07-17-2012, 11:42 AM

How long are we talking about? 1 season? Forever? The amounts would be different depending on the circumstances...

ashleymarie
07-17-2012, 12:11 PM
When I see the Giants on the field I see my loving grandmother, now deceased, smiling so broadly at every win, or even a score. It would be impossible for me to ever cheer for any team but the Giants as I love this team as much as I love my grandmother. If I took money from the Eagles to cheer for them to win it would be under FALSE PRETENSES. My heart is with Big Blue.

MikeIsaGiant
07-17-2012, 12:29 PM
A lot of money, especially enough to cover insurances.

Over there, they'll beat me up just for wearing a different color eagles hat

RoanokeFan
07-17-2012, 12:38 PM
NO ****ING WAY! You'd have a better chance at seeing little green monkeys crawl out of my ***!

giantsfan420
07-17-2012, 12:53 PM
When I see the Giants on the field I see my loving grandmother, now deceased, smiling so broadly at every win, or even a score. It would be impossible for me to ever cheer for any team but the Giants as I love this team as much as I love my grandmother. If I took money from the Eagles to cheer for them to win it would be under FALSE PRETENSES. My heart is with Big Blue.

nice post. dont get me wrong, i am as die hard a fan as they come. i aint changing teams or would even do it i think, it was brought up in another thread how we wondered if fans would talk the talk and walk the walk and not take the money to go to another team (like players who sign with another team for more money). it was just a hypothetical, like if you were offered a million dollars to switch to rooting for the eagles, and having to hate the giants, could u do it?

i dunno, a mill is a lot of money. the fact that most of us wouldnt do it for anythingbc of the fond memories goes to show you how priceless the giants are to us in a lot of ways, it is a time in this hectic world to get with ur family and tune everything out, and watch some football for 4 hours...but a mill is a mill, lol

giantsfan420
07-17-2012, 12:55 PM
A lot of money, especially enough to cover insurances.

Over there, they'll beat me up just for wearing a different color eagles hat

lol so true.

coincidentally, if you ask eagles fans this proposition, they'd switch to rooting for the giants for a philly cheese steak and a penicilin shot.

yoeddy
07-17-2012, 01:06 PM

I think that is obvious...

B&RWarrior
07-17-2012, 01:56 PM
$500K thats the price for switching teams. Would you do it? I would do it for 5 years for $500K.

If we're talking about a lifetime commitment than that may be too difficult. I grew up on Giants football. It's a part of me it's who I am. The money won't make it easier. You can yell rah rah Eagles until your lings burst, but on the inside you will still have a warm spot for the Giants- rooting for them silently.

It's like if you asked me become homosexual for 10 million dollars. I might wear a dress in public form that day on, but it will be a mountainous task for me to actually change my sexual preference for women.

kory da man
07-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Id rather die getting sodomized and burned to death slowly than to root for the Philadelphia Eagles and dislike New York Giants.

gmen46
07-17-2012, 03:45 PM
For this, and only for this, would I consider this proposed abomination.

http://youtu.be/cf7uJDhVZIE

giantsfan420
07-17-2012, 04:09 PM
For this, and only for this, would I consider this proposed abomination.

http://youtu.be/cf7uJDhVZIE

lol nicely done

gmen0820
07-17-2012, 04:17 PM
I think the better question would be how much it'd take to block you from ANY access to football. Because let's say for the sake of the thread you actually could be..."hypnotized" (let's say) to the point where you couldn't hold a positive thought about the Giants, it'd only feel natural to root for the Eagles. It wouldn't be any effort on your part, and in addition to recieving money you'd subsequently be entrenched into the Eagle fan mindset.

But consciously, losing all access to football -- to me, at least -- would be absolutely devastating. Always aware that there is a sport that captivated you at a point, and that you sold away for X amount of dollars. The sport still exists, captivating millions of diehards, such as you were, but that you can't ever hear of, see of, know of etc. Complete detachment.

I don't know if there is a number I could put on that.

BurnerNYG
07-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Yeah right, some of y'all are lying y'all *****es off. I love The Giants just like the next man does but money makes the world go round and creates lavish vacations with the best liquor and beautiful women. I'm too much of a realistic person to play pretend. I might not root for the Eagles but somebody can offer me a few mil this season to go do a job where I'll miss the whole next 2 seasons and they'll have a deal.

Toadofsteel
07-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Yeah right, some of y'all are lying y'all *****es off. I love The Giants just like the next man does but money makes the world go round and creates lavish vacations with the best liquor and beautiful women. I'm too much of a realistic person to play pretend. I might not root for the Eagles but somebody can offer me a few mil this season to go do a job where I'll miss the whole next 2 seasons and they'll have a deal.

Oh sure, that one is actually easy. It would also be easy to accept money to root for a whole bunch of teams... Packers, Steelers, Patriots, Panthers, Bears, Broncos, 49ers... hell even the Cowboys I could accept money to root for (though it would have to be at least 7 figures on that one). But rooting for the Eagles is tantamount to selling my soul to the Devil. I cannot do it for all the money in the world.

JMFP2
07-17-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm thinking it would take at least $100, probably more, for me to switch teams.

$100 and a George Foreman Grill would pretty much get me into a Vick jersey.

NYGinIN
07-17-2012, 04:31 PM
There was a time when I'd say no way, but given the obscene amount of debt I've found myself in after graduating, I'd almost be inclined to do it.

BurnerNYG
07-17-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm thinking it would take at least $100, probably more, for me to switch teams.

$100 and a George Foreman Grill would pretty much get me into a Vick jersey.Lol

zimonami
07-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Home is where the heart is. You can't force your heart to root for something it doesn't care about. You could pay me to stand and cheer for the beagles, but my heart would know I was a hypocrite

slipknottin
07-17-2012, 05:04 PM
anything over $12 and we are in business

kory da man
07-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Well i know your not talking to me bro.i was the best man at my best friends wedding and didnt go because the giants were playing the falcons in 2004..eli's first start!wouldnt miss that for the world

BurnerNYG
07-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Well i know your not talking to me bro.i was the best man at my best friends wedding and didnt go because the giants were playing the falcons in 2004..eli's first start!wouldnt miss that for the worldThere's a big difference between going to a wedding and making a few million. I'll record those games bruh.

Gmen2005
07-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Even if I accepted the money, I don't think I'd be able to actually change my allegiance. I could probably appreciate the eagles if paid enough, but I couldn't actually like/love them.

egyptian420
07-17-2012, 07:03 PM
this is a lot like asking me if I were paid would I associate with terrorists?......no matter how much money is given to me, how can I like people that I have a genuine hatred for? It's impossible...money can't change what I feel in my heart

kory da man
07-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Well i know your not talking to me bro.i was the best man at my best friends wedding and didnt go because the giants were playing the falcons in 2004..eli's first start!wouldnt miss that for the worldThere's a big difference between going to a wedding and making a few million. I'll record those games bruh.Im just making a point to u..under NO circumstances would i ever miss a game and even for that matter root for the Philadelphia Eagles at any expense!period! !!

ashleymarie
07-17-2012, 07:16 PM
I agree. Money can't change the heart. But circumstances can disrupt it.

It's easy to sit in our comfortable homes or apartments and say what we think we would do. But if circumstances were different, say we were penniless, homeless, living in our vehicle with our children, no food to feed these children, thats when our loyalties to the Giants may have to be jettisoned. Hope nothing like that ever happens to anyone of us.

ShakeNBake
07-17-2012, 07:17 PM

[;)]

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/2/0/9/8/7/a2276751-72-stirring-the-pot.jpg?d=1231817562

kory da man
07-17-2012, 07:20 PM

It's easy to sit in our comfortable homes or apartments and say what we think we would do. But if circumstances were different, say we were penniless, homeless, living in our vehicle with our children, no food to feed these children, thats when our loyalties to the Giants may have to be jettisoned. Hope nothing like that ever happens to anyone of us.yeah you're exactly right my loyalty is to nyg my hard earned money goes into my season tickets havent missed a game since 1996 vs Washington a 31-23 loss in rfk

GOBIGBLUE52
07-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Simply put, no.

The only way I'd ever change allegiance from the giants is if the owners move the team to another place far away (like LA), rename them, and disassociate themselves, think what Art Modell did with Cleveland in 96.

And if that happened, I'd probably become a patriots fan, bills fan, or jets fan, no way I'd ever pull for philly.

ashleymarie
07-17-2012, 07:59 PM

It's easy to sit in our comfortable homes or apartments and say what we think we would do. But if circumstances were different, say we were penniless, homeless, living in our vehicle with our children, no food to feed these children, thats when our loyalties to the Giants may have to be jettisoned. Hope nothing like that ever happens to anyone of us.yeah you're exactly right my loyalty is to nyg my hard earned money goes into my season tickets havent missed a game since 1996 vs Washington a 31-23 loss in rfk

I love your loyalty to the Giants.

SweetZombieJesus
07-17-2012, 08:00 PM

LOL you're a "realist" but you're entertaining this idiotic notion that someone would pay millions of dollars for you to root for a different team in the first place?

That only happens if you're one of these guys

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lQVO9-Xjf84/RvFMNj9zB6I/AAAAAAAAAL0/Q2aKLuQelLc/s400/Football_Referee.jpg

THE_New_York_Giants
07-17-2012, 08:11 PM
I would castrate myself and bathe in sulfuric acid before I would cheer for the Eagles.

fansince69
07-17-2012, 08:17 PM

I love your loyalty to the Giants.

I hav en't missed a game since Fran was QB back in the 70s (yes on tv)As I Stated earlier there is no amount of money......I am not a football fan I am a Giant fan....I do not watch football for most part unless the Giants are playing....although since I have become involved in fantasy.....I do pay more attention to other players....but I avoid players on the Giants schedule cause I cant divide my loyalties

As far as I'm concerned anyone that did name a price other than the sarcastic ones I noticed are not truly fans

BurnerNYG
07-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Well i know your not talking to me bro.i was the best man at my best friends wedding and didnt go because the giants were playing the falcons in 2004..eli's first start!wouldnt miss that for the worldThere's a big difference between going to a wedding and making a few million. I'll record those games bruh.Im just making a point to u..under NO circumstances would i ever miss a game and even for that matter root for the Philadelphia Eagles at any expense!period! !!Well you must live in a fantasy world or got a real lenient job. I miss like 2-3 games a season due to work. I got a DVR and I would've made it to my friend's wedding too. Priorities bro, priorities...but that's just me.

BurnerNYG
07-17-2012, 08:26 PM
I went to the parade but I requested that day way ahead of time. I might miss the season opener because I traveled to Baltimore in back to back months to help a relative. I own a home and I got a family and they come before the Giants lol.

fansince69
07-17-2012, 08:34 PM
I went to the parade but I requested that day way ahead of time. I might miss the season opener because I traveled to Baltimore in back to back months to help a relative. I own a home and I got a family and they come before the Giants lol.

I have a home a full time job and have raised 4 boys...I have never had to really choose...If something(very rare )does conflict I just tivo and I keep my self from situations where I might hear the score before I watch the game.Btw 3 of my 4 boys would never miss a game either.I have made it work since the 70s

BurnerNYG
07-17-2012, 08:34 PM

LOL you're a "realist" but you're entertaining this idiotic notion that someone would pay millions of dollars for you to root for a different team in the first place?

That only happens if you're one of these guys

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lQVO9-Xjf84/RvFMNj9zB6I/AAAAAAAAAL0/Q2aKLuQelLc/s400/Football_Referee.jpgYeah I'm playing around but at least I'm being honest with my answer.

BurnerNYG
07-17-2012, 08:39 PM

I have a home a full time job and have raised 4 boys...I have never had to really choose...If something(very rare )does conflict I just tivo and I keep my self from situations where I might hear the score before I watch the game.Btw 3 of my 4 boys would never miss a game either.I have made it work since the 70s
I'm a truck driver and sometimes the weather and holidays conflict with our schedule.

kory da man
07-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Well im a single man that lives alone and has no other responsiblies so i can aford to go to games and my 2 jobs are on weekdays have weekends off.each person has their responsiblities but you cant sit hear and criticize anyones loyalty to their team.i told my boy i wasnt comming and why. Dont regret it at all.

BurnerNYG
07-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Well im a single man that lives alone and has no other responsiblies so i can aford to go to games and my 2 jobs are on weekdays have weekends off.each person has their responsiblities but you cant sit hear and criticize anyones loyalty to their team.i told my boy i wasnt comming and why. Dont regret it at all.Lol I got a fam and I can afford to go to games. Who said they can't afford it?

kory da man
07-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Well im a single man that lives alone and has no other responsiblies so i can aford to go to games and my 2 jobs are on weekdays have weekends off.each person has their responsiblities but you cant sit hear and criticize anyones loyalty to their team.i told my boy i wasnt comming and why. Dont regret it at all.Lol I got a fam and I can afford to go to games. Who said they can't afford it?you said priorities ...i dont have any obligations but myself homie..im a diehart fan bro

1986Bavaro
07-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Never!!!!!!

BlueSanta
07-23-2012, 05:46 PM
If the gave me "X" amount of dollars, X being the price it takes to completely banktrupt that organization out of existence. I would consider it because I would then need a new team since mine was defunct. Then I would choose the Giants.

Neverend
07-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Answering this, yes... yes I would. But does that I mean I would successfully be able to do it? Probably not

But if I get money up front, ill take it. If I can secure myself and my entire family for life and generations to follow, I can't honestly say I wouldn't do it. If it were that I get money after having to prove my fandom and devotion to the eagles, I'd probably fail because im too anti-philly