PDA

View Full Version : Just copied my Rituals Thread from 6 months ago

miked1958
07-17-2012, 05:36 AM
I don't want to mess anything up when new season starts. So due to TE new Boards arriving Monday I felt it necessary to have a copy if the list of crazy stuff my family and I did prior during and after Games. Thread will be gone forever after Wednesday.

miked1958
07-17-2012, 05:39 AM
That brings me to another point. Their are some CLASSIC Threads on here. Many, many, many great ones ( "Did You Know") to many to mention here.

Anyway of preserving any of them? To be able to carry them forward?

JimC
07-17-2012, 08:12 AM
That brings me to another point. Their are some CLASSIC Threads on here. Many, many, many great ones ( "Did You Know") to many to mention here.

What makes you think that they wont be?

Flip Empty
07-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Yeah, it's an upgrade not a do-over. They said they'll be transferring over a lot of data; I assume that'll include threads and whatnot.

miked1958
07-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Yeah, it's an upgrade not a do-over. They said they'll be transferring over a lot of data; I assume that'll include threads and whatnot.okay so they are carring forward old threads. great. Someone told me that all your old stuff is wiped out. I assume now he was speaking of Post Counts

Flip Empty
07-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Yeah, it's an upgrade not a do-over. They said they'll be transferring over a lot of data; I assume that'll include threads and whatnot.okay so they are carring forward old threads. great. Someone told me that all your old stuff is wiped out. I assume now he was speaking of Post Counts
Well I'm not sure, it's just a guess. I've seen forums go through updates and retain their data.

Did they actually say that post counts would be wiped? If so then yeah, that probably does mean that the threads would go with them...
I guess we'll know soon enough.

Cindy in INdy
07-17-2012, 01:00 PM
OMG this place has been EPIC

miked1958
09-06-2014, 04:19 PM

What makes you think that they wont be?I was in a thread Sharick88 started that had old threads going back to dec2011. On that and advanced search can only get back to 12/2011. So all those great old threads were lost from 07 for example and one I was looking for this morning when talking to a couple fellow posters about a thread just prior to the GB regular season game inn 2011.

Unless theres an Archives area I'm not aware of?