PDA

View Full Version : Paterno and PSU

THE_New_York_Giants
07-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Okay so what JoePa did was despicable, but half of everything on campus there is named after him. Are they going to rename everything he donated for?

Roosevelt
07-17-2012, 11:26 PM
They should take a flame-thrower to his place.

GMENAGAIN
07-17-2012, 11:31 PM
They should take a flame-thrower to his place.
</P>

+1</P>

FBomb
07-23-2012, 05:37 PM
$60,000,000 fine and 4 years with no bowl games...........they got off easy.

Kase-1
07-23-2012, 05:42 PM
I cant believe I was a PSU fan for YEARS..... UGH, F'n DISGUSTING!!!!

tonyt830
07-23-2012, 05:44 PM
agreed FBomb. Plus the loss of scholarships for the next 4 years and all wins vacated from 98-2011. The NCAA basically said that no football program is bigger than life, the victims etc. I think that what the NCAA decided today may be worse off then if they got the death penalty for a year or 2.

tonyt830
07-23-2012, 05:46 PM
I cant believe I was a PSU fan for YEARS..... UGH, F'n DISGUSTING!!!!kase, I too rooted for them as a program and Jo Pa did visit my high school in 87 or 88 to recruit a top notch RB we had. I feel bad for the victims of course and for the current and future student athletes there now.

sharick88
07-23-2012, 06:07 PM
My only problem with it all is the amount of money that Penn St had to pay. I think they should pay 60 million per year of their post season ban instead of just 60 million this year. I think the money should all be distrubuted to the victims to be used at their disposal. Other than that, Penn St football got dealt with. The current players and commits can all go somewhere else if they want to. Therefore, they aren't punished. The rest of those *** clowns that covered this up have pending perjury charges as well. Penn St football is finished for at least the next 10 years and you can take that to bank.

miked1958
07-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Sad but I think they did right thing

giantyankee1976
07-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Time will help ease the pain, but removing visible reminders also helps.

the sanctions also will hurt that school's athletics programs. Penn State football was the life's blood to that University's athletics department.

this stain will have long term effects with respect to recruiting and maybe, maybe overall attendance. maybe.

PSU_GMEN
07-23-2012, 09:22 PM
As a Penn Stater today is a very sad day. I feel some of these needed to be handed down, but WHY the wins? Those kids went out there and played hard to get those wins, they never violated any NCAA rules. I think the punishment would have been alright, but taking the wins away is just mind boggling. Those wins have NOTHING to do with what all those student athletes did every week to get them.

giantyankee1976
07-23-2012, 09:28 PM
i'm thinking they wanted to go very heavy-handed with this issue.

zimonami
07-23-2012, 10:09 PM
As a Penn Stater today is a very sad day. I feel some of these needed to be handed down, but WHY the wins? Those kids went out there and played hard to get those wins, they never violated any NCAA rules. I think the punishment would have been alright, but taking the wins away is just mind boggling. Those wins have NOTHING to do with what all those student athletes did every week to get them.
I have a lot of problems with the entire NCAA decisions.
First, your point about vacating the past record.
I have to make an analogy to make my point...
Let's say, in 1998 the Head of the mathematics Dept. discovers that one of his teachers is a pedophile, and has evidently been 'assaulting' the young boys in one of the Math dept. classrooms.
You make him retire. The top 3 administrators in the college know all. You all decide to keep mum.
It finally unravels 14 years later... the teacher is prosecuted successfully.
Should all degrees in math be vacated from 1998 ro present? Punish the math students? 4
Pumish all the players who won those games? Punish coaches who didn't know?
Now, since the Big NCAA Gods in the Sky cannot punish the math Dept... what happens? Who sanctions the school?
Decrease the number of Math Scholarships?

Now, the (3) administrators who knew all this about Sandusky since 1998 should be fried.
I think, as most do, that Paterno damn near willed himself to die quickly. I would have to say that he led a good life, was a model coach and man... and, made a most heinous decision to cover up for a croney's sickness. The good things Paterno did in life are moot, or non-noteworthy anymore, and never will be.

What bothers me the most about the entire scenario is that the (3) admins, and Paterno, didn't force Sandusky to terminate all contact with the youth organizations he was active in. I can just see a contrite Sandusky, after he is caught... "Yes, I'm horrible. I will never do it again. To prove it I will help all the young men that I can. That's OK with you guys... right?""
And those 4 men fed heroin to the heroin addict...
that is unfathomable.

NYG12589
07-26-2012, 02:58 PM
WOW.... I've kept my peace about this Penn. State disgrace, but I really feel the need to state my opinion... I can't stand the fact that people are sticking up for Joe Pa! ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? You're telling me he did his part by going to a "higher authority"? That's its? let is go "I did my part" WHATTT I'm sorry, but Idc if its one of my good friends or a complete stranger committing this I'm doing more then going to my "higher superior" then brushing it under the carpet! I'm taking action first action would be confront that dirt bag and probably knocking him on his *** then go to the cops Joe Pa didn't do ****!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you forget these are young innocent children!!! It's just mind blowing that people are even making an argument of of this! THESES ARE YOUNG INNOCENT CHILDREN HELLOOoOoOoO! I'm not saying he's the only one at fault here, but his hands aren't clean thats for sure! I'm so sick of hearing about this disgrace they are forever tarnished Penn. needs to forget them and move forward or there forever going to be tarnished! The proof is in the pudding there is no defending that disgrace! Next time you defend Joe Pa think try and put yourself in the victims shoes (which you'll never know how they feel )... wouldn't you want someone to defend and protect you instead of brushing it under the carpet? My heart goes out to all the victims and I feel bad for all the students who attend that school now because the experience just isn't going to be the same its a shame.

Just thought I'd share my opinion with the true blue crew

Joe Morrison
07-26-2012, 03:21 PM
WOW.... I've kept my peace about this Penn. State disgrace, but I really feel the need to state my opinion... I can't stand the fact that people are sticking up for Joe Pa! ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? You're telling me he did his part by going to a "higher authority"? That's its? let is go "I did my part" WHATTT I'm sorry, but Idc if its one of my good friends or a complete stranger committing this I'm doing more then going to my "higher superior" then brushing it under the carpet! I'm taking action first action would be confront that dirt bag and probably knocking him on his *** then go to the cops Joe Pa didn't do ****!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you forget these are young innocent children!!! It's just mind blowing that people are even making an argument of of this! THESES ARE YOUNG INNOCENT CHILDREN HELLOOoOoOoO! I'm not saying he's the only one at fault here, but his hands aren't clean thats for sure! I'm so sick of hearing about this disgrace they are forever tarnished Penn. needs to forget them and move forward or there forever going to be tarnished! The proof is in the pudding there is no defending that disgrace! Next time you defend Joe Pa think try and put yourself in the victims shoes (which you'll never know how they feel )... wouldn't you want someone to defend and protect you instead of brushing it under the carpet? My heart goes out to all the victims and I feel bad for all the students who attend that school now because the experience just isn't going to be the same its a shame.

Just thought I'd share my opinion with the true blue crew
Glad you got that off your chest, kick a dead man, no one will ever know who made the decisions to hide it under the carpet once they learned about it. Couple of emails voicing concern about the football program and what the impact would be to Penn State. Joe did not make the decision for the coverup, it went above him and the real people will never be known. Let the man RIP, we all know who holds the record for most wins in college, Joe and his players, and no committee will take that away, maybe on paper.

NYG12589
07-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Glad you got that off your chest, kick a dead man, no one will ever know who made the decisions to hide it under the carpet once they learned about it. Couple of emails voicing concern about the football program and what the impact would be to Penn State. Joe did not make the decision for the coverup, it went above him and the real people will never be known. Let the man RIP, we all know who holds the record for most wins in college, Joe and his players, and no committee will take that away, maybe on paper.

I'm not "kicking a dead man" I think the dead man kicked these innocent children in the face by not helping them! He may not have made the decision for the cover up, but here sure went along with it! Your telling me that's okay? How could you let that go and how could you sleep at night? Please... He even admitted to being wrong!

Joe Morrison
07-26-2012, 04:03 PM
I'm not "kicking a dead man" I think the dead man kicked these innocent children in the face by not helping them! He may not have made the decision for the cover up, but here sure went along with it! Your telling me that's okay? How could you let that go and how could you sleep at night? Please... He even admitted to being wrong!
Your right, he admitted he was wrong to go ahead with someone elses decisions, he was man enough to admit it, there is way more to the story than we will ever know about, and it goes way higher than Joe.
The real people will never be known, they will slowly fade away without any embarrassment.

sharick88
07-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Personally, everyone involved with covering this up are scum. I don't care about anything else they have done or accomplished. Ask the victims how they feel about what happened at that university.

GMENAGAIN
07-26-2012, 04:18 PM
How exactly do you know that "Joe did not make the decision for the cover up"?

NYG12589
07-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Personally, everyone involved with covering this up are scum. I don't care about anything else they have done or accomplished. Ask the victims how they feel about what happened at that university.

I completely agree! I feel like some people are overlooking these innocent children because of some accomplishments. I'm a huge sports fan, but those accomplishments me nothing absolutely nothing compared to the children that were affected. "He wasn't the one to make the decision to cover it up" UH everyone who covered it up made there own damn decision to keep it that way! COME ON!!!

NYG12589
07-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Your right, he admitted he was wrong to go ahead with someone elses decisions, he was man enough to admit it, there is way more to the story than we will ever know about, and it goes way higher than Joe.
The real people will never be known, they will slowly fade away without any embarrassment.

"Man enough to admit it" ARE YOU SERIOUS! If he was such a man he would have stopped this mess long long ago... We know he wasn't the only one involved, but we also know he was someone who definitely knew now if your a real "man" and know something like that your just not gonna let it go. DO you realize you are defending a person who defended child molestation???

zimonami
07-26-2012, 06:37 PM
I agree with you... no one will ever know about the decisions made 14 years ago.

What bothers me more than those decisions to cover up what had already happened was that the (3) Adminisrrators and Joe Pa did nothing to keep Sanduskey away from young men AFTERWARDS. He should have been told to cease all contact with the Youth organizations, or they go public.

They allowed him to continue his sickness!!

giantyankee1976
07-27-2012, 08:24 AM
I agree with you... no one will ever know about the decisions made 14 years ago.

What bothers me more than those decisions to cover up what had already happened was that the (3) Adminisrrators and Joe Pa did nothing to keep Sanduskey away from young men AFTERWARDS. He should have been told to cease all contact with the Youth organizations, or they go public.

They allowed him to continue his sickness!!

there it is.

You let this animal continue to have access to his victims.

If anything they should have "released him" under some made-up BS excuse jsut to distance themselves.

Instead I bet they felt they were a mighty Big 10 school, that would be able to weather this storm...

No one is bigger than the Law and when morality and ethical thinking is cast aside for public perception and ego; well what else need be said?

GMENAGAIN
07-27-2012, 08:45 AM
there it is.

You let this animal continue to have access to his victims.

If anything they should have "released him" under some made-up BS excuse jsut to distance themselves.

Instead I bet they felt they were a mighty Big 10 school, that would be able to weather this storm...

No one is bigger than the Law and when morality and ethical thinking is cast aside for public perception and ego; well what else need be said?

Plus, they allowed him continued access to the school and football facilities, where they knew he had previously molested children . . . . .