PDA

View Full Version : Any updates about RR

Malin
07-17-2012, 11:26 PM
Reuben Randle. I have high hopes for him as he doesn't have that number 1 or 2 pressure. But is there any updates how he's doing so far?

Drez
07-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Reuben Randle. I have high hopes for him as he doesn't have that number 1 or 2 pressure. But is there any updates how he's doing so far?
Nope. No updates since there hasn't been any kind of OTA or minicamp for a while now.

All I know is that it's been reported that he's done well earlier, but still a rookie if you know what I mean.

SweetZombieJesus
07-17-2012, 11:55 PM
I'm sure there will be growing pains -- at least 1/2 a season to learn the playbook and competently run routes (and that's assuming he gets significant playing time with injuries to Nicks and/or Cruz). How long did it take Nicks? It took Manningham almost 3 years. Randle somehow didn't take the Wonderlic so I don't know how smart he is.

07-18-2012, 12:25 AM
the last report was a good one...Out of all the guys at rookie camp and OTAs he stood out as a serious -looking contender to be the real deal

RagTime Blue
07-18-2012, 12:50 AM
Yea I may have been one of the few who wasn't too high on him as a pick, but I've heard some very positive things. Most of them alluding to the notion that he plays with smarts and savvy.

And not saying interviews mean much but he seems very mature and focused, and takes pride in his work, and that can't be a bad thing.

I don't think he's ever been part of a feared passing attack, and I'm interested as well to see how he reacts to it.

gmen46
07-18-2012, 04:52 AM
I'm sure there will be growing pains -- at least 1/2 a season to learn the playbook and competently run routes (and that's assuming he gets significant playing time with injuries to Nicks and/or Cruz). How long did it take Nicks? It took Manningham almost 3 years. Randle somehow didn't take the Wonderlic so I don't know how smart he is.

To answer your question re "how long did it take Nicks" to get going--

I'd say it was Game 4 his rookie year, vs Chiefs when virtually his first play was for a 40-50 yd TD down the left sideline before the half, but after Eli hurt his foot. At least that's how I remember it.

And that was after Nicks missed a couple games due to an injured foot / ankle.

SweetZombieJesus
07-18-2012, 08:17 AM
To answer your question re "how long did it take Nicks" to get going--

I'd say it was Game 4 his rookie year, vs Chiefs when virtually his first play was for a 40-50 yd TD down the left sideline before the half, but after Eli hurt his foot. At least that's how I remember it.

And that was after Nicks missed a couple games due to an injured foot / ankle.

It seemed to take Cruz about 4-6 weeks to eliminate the mental mistakes in what was essentially his rookie season -- remember Gilbride calling him out? But he studied hard and applied himself.

buddy33
07-18-2012, 09:02 AM
I don't know about that. Cruz was tearing it up all year. The 3rd game of the season he had 2 long scores.

buddy33
07-18-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm not giving up on any of the WR's, but Randle is probably the going to be the #3. I think with his experience, Hixon might be his toughest competition. With Nicks out for a while Randle should get some good experience in the pre season.

lamas
07-18-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm sure there will be growing pains -- at least 1/2 a season to learn the playbook and competently run routes (and that's assuming he gets significant playing time with injuries to Nicks and/or Cruz). How long did it take Nicks? It took Manningham almost 3 years. <font size="4">Randle somehow didn't take the Wonderlic so I don't know how smart he is.</font>

You ever fail a test in your life SZJ? What if that test was the only measurement that the world used to "know how smart" you are? It's a ridiculous premise. The wonderlic is just another tool that teams use to evaluate players. That is all. I'm glad he doesn't have a result. Hopefully we won't have to listen to "smart" people bash Randal like we did with Manningham. Let his play decide how good/smart/coachable he is.

sharick88
07-23-2012, 03:48 PM
No news is good news.