PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to New Message Boards!

Pages : [1] 2

NYGModerator
07-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Welcome to the New Giants.com Message Boards!

We hope the new boards will create an enviornment that allows all Giants Fans to come together and talk about the team they love!

Be sure to read our terms of service and also our privacy policy.

All users will need to reset their passwords to be able to logon.

You can reset your password HERE: http://boards.giants.com/login.php?do=lostpw

Few things of Note

1. Post Counts have carried over
2. We now have a full-time moderator who will be keeping things in order
3. You CAN NOT post entire articles on these message boards. It will lead to an automatic BAN. Any referenced articles must have a link to it.
4. You will need to re-upload your avatar (it did not carry over)

Thanks!

repeatchamps
07-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the New Giants.com Message Boards!

We hope the new boards will create an enviornment that allows all Giants Fans to come together and talk about the team they love!

Be sure to read our terms of service and also our privacy policy.

All users will need to reset their passwords to be able to logon.

You can reset your password HERE: http://boards.giants.com/login.php?do=lostpw

Few things of Note

1. Post Counts have carried over
2. We now have a full-time moderator who will be keeping things in order
3. You CAN NOT post entire articles on these message boards. It will lead to an automatic BAN. Any referenced articles must have a link to it.
4. You will need to re-upload your avatar (it did not carry over)

Thanks!

Just want to mention my old password still logged me in. Please allow me to keep it that way, thanks.

G-Men Surg.
07-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Nice, Thanks RF !

davepc
07-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Somehow I was able to recover my old username from the last time the boards switched. Go figure. Everything looks awesome.

fletch842
07-23-2012, 06:36 PM
my account also logged right in with my existing password, just needed to relog, didn't have to change anything.

AsianGiant
07-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Enjoy the new boards!

Please let us know if you have any issues....

derekunion28
07-23-2012, 07:08 PM
finally in all types of probs

davepc
07-23-2012, 07:10 PM
There should be a link back to the main giants.com page somewhere on the main forum view.

keyofgmen
07-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Old password worked for me also. Just gotta do the avatar/sig thing I guess. Will take a little gettin used to.

Eli TO Shockey
07-23-2012, 07:27 PM
alrighty!!

GiantWarfare
07-23-2012, 07:39 PM
new boards look awesome!

Eli TO Shockey
07-23-2012, 07:51 PM
how to post a linky? anyone?

jomo
07-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Great job boys. Thanks for taking the extra time to get it right!
Those few days of down time would have been unbearable if they turned into a few weeks of down time heading into training camp.
Go Blue!!

moo
07-23-2012, 08:32 PM
how to post a linky? anyone?

Just paste the link, it'll embed automatically.

Delicreep
07-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Not sure what the overall goal was for the change, but you really have a pretty fast, responsive and shockingly easy to navigate (I'm old) new board here.

Very nice work across the board (no pun intended)

Eli TO Shockey
07-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Not sure what the overall goal was for the change, but you really have a pretty fast, responsive and shockingly easy to navigate (I'm old) new board here.

Very nice work across the board (no pun intended)

agreed, easy on the eyes too!!

juice33s
07-23-2012, 08:54 PM
seeing if my pic is still up

titwio
07-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Beautiful but it needs more blue...too much white.

Delicreep
07-23-2012, 09:02 PM
agreed, easy on the eyes too!!

Eli to Shockey,

You're a junior member too I see...it took me 6 years to get to 3,700+ posts; you're better than a grand higher than me and still a junior?

I am never gonna be a senior member!!

Wow...auto save is sweet, I already feel my rage level dropping.

Editing a previous post was easy
2nd edit

titwio
07-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Are we allowed to have signatures on these new boards? If so how I do I upload mine...

gumby74
07-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Hate to be a pain in the ***, but I can't seem to recall which email my gumby742 account was attached to. Anyway I can find out? :)

IamGiantsfan
07-23-2012, 09:19 PM
I made it :D

miked1958
07-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Toearly to tell yet still have to play around with it to see what is new

BigBlue1971
07-23-2012, 09:39 PM
its great to get to the boards from a foreign country (UK). had problems getting in but read and re-read instructions for success. the boards are nice.

giantsfanatic23
07-23-2012, 09:49 PM
So if someone could give me a hand, that would be much appreciated. I'm not sure where this username came from but it says that this is the one registered to my email. For some reason, my real account, WR4life, is not registered to my email address? I saw that some of you didn't have to reset your password for your accounts but it figures that I did. Can someone help me because I'd much rather get back on my old account and don't want to get stuck with this one.

krygny
07-23-2012, 09:49 PM
WHOA!!

I haven't been here in a few weeks and everything is different. It's about time.

Now, what did I do with my old avatar? It might still be on an old computer I threw out.

Found it. But why TF am I a "Junior Member"? I've been here since the Polo Grounds.

manning to shockey
07-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Just testing.

derekunion28
07-23-2012, 10:18 PM
u can just be a member'''' also

moo
07-23-2012, 10:26 PM
But why TF am I a "Junior Member"? I've been here since the Polo Grounds.
The ranking is based on post count, not join date. Same as the last boards.

egyptian420
07-24-2012, 02:48 AM
Are we allowed to have signatures on these new boards? If so how I do I upload mine...
I'm having the same issue, well, I think I can upload normal ones, but I don't think I'm allowed to upload an animated signiture (gif) like the old forum....is there any way around that?

titwio
07-24-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm having the same issue, well, I think I can upload normal ones, but I don't think I'm allowed to upload an animated signiture (gif) like the old forum....is there any way around that?

I figured it out but my sig is much smaller now...I've seen some people with bigger sigs and animated ones but they use alternate sites to upload them.

I haven't figured it totally out yet.

repeatchamps
07-24-2012, 12:23 PM
The ranking is based on post count, not join date. Same as the last boards.

Yup, but the board before the last was based on join date. This is why I put Advanced Member in my Sig even though I only have something slightly over 4000 posts since the first post I made on the very first message boards we had. As my sig says, I posted as anonymous on the original board the day after the loss in Super Bowl 35 but I created my user name during the 01-02 season but that old board had no join date tracker and I never posted again after that fateful day after Super Bowl 35. My join date was a random day of two message board versions before this one where I had to recreate my repeatchamps user name anyway. When we moved to the board prior to this one they had to give me a new join date of May 2006. March 2002 was when I officially joined the 1st message boards that tracked Join Date. The 2002 boards tagged you with Advanced Member at some nominal time after your join date. Maybe it was at the 3 year mark.

keyofgmen
07-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Test 1234567

OK Avatar..but no sig

keyofgmen
07-24-2012, 01:02 PM
last test for now

SUPERBOWL/BOUND/GIANTS
07-24-2012, 01:44 PM
nice lay out

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Posting it here for now, and maybe in my signature but

I am MikeIsAGiant for those who don't know. Starting fresh with new posts. I don't care about posts numbers, and I joined in October 2010

Mod_C
07-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Posting it here for now, and maybe in my signature but

I am MikeIsAGiant for those who don't know. Starting fresh with new posts. I don't care about posts numbers, and I joined in October 2010

You could include that info in you sig if you want.

gmen46
07-24-2012, 04:57 PM
To Mod_C, or other Mod: I'm guessing you are aware of this, but just in case--the time/date on the posts are off. For example, the post before mine here in this thread says "Today 7:47 PM", when in reality it is now 2:50 PM MST (4:50 PM IN New York). Not a big deal, at all, but since this is a break-in period for the new MB, I'm pointing it out.

Otherwise I am liking the new format. I'm just getting used to it but can already see many features made easier to access.

FBomb
07-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Still having trouble replying to threads other than Quick Reply. Also my sig is not appearing,

FBomb
07-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Part of sig now working apparently....but still no picture

RoanokeFan
07-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Part of sig now working apparently....but still no picture

Where is the object you want to import? If it's on your computer, click on Edit Signature and browse for it. If it's a link, copy and paste into Option 1.

It took me a few tries. I finally moved it to photobucket and that solved the problem

SUPERBOWL/BOUND/GIANTS
07-24-2012, 06:45 PM
I dont like how my screen name is too long to fit on one line.. so it says GIANT
S

FBomb
07-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Where is the object you want to import? If it's on your computer, click on Edit Signature and browse for it. If it's a link, copy and paste into Option 1.

It took me a few tries. I finally moved it to photobucket and that solved the problem

It's on my computer....did the whole browse deal a few times. Oh well.

Mod_C
07-24-2012, 06:51 PM
It's on my computer....did the whole browse deal a few times. Oh well.

try bracketing with ?

Moving it to photobucket isn't a big deal, even if you have to create an account.

titwio
07-24-2012, 06:53 PM
try bracketing with [img} [/img} ?

I had problems too but saw someone mention using [sig pic] [/sig pic]

It helped me.

AsianGiant
07-24-2012, 07:06 PM
To Mod_C, or other Mod: I'm guessing you are aware of this, but just in case--the time/date on the posts are off. For example, the post before mine here in this thread says "Today 7:47 PM", when in reality it is now 2:50 PM MST (4:50 PM IN New York). Not a big deal, at all, but since this is a break-in period for the new MB, I'm pointing it out.

Otherwise I am liking the new format. I'm just getting used to it but can already see many features made easier to access.

It's in your profile settings. You have to choose Eastern Time....

gumby74
07-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Can giggles come back? Haha.

gumby74
07-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Question: How can I tell if a thread is recently updated. Like, say if I log off. And between then and when i log back, there have been additional posts to that thread. How can I tell? I'm having problems telling what a blue envelope icon vs the red envelope icon are .. and also when those icons are "filled" and when they are not.

Thanks!

moo
07-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Question: How can I tell if a thread is recently updated. Like, say if I log off. And between then and when i log back, there have been additional posts to that thread. How can I tell? I'm having problems telling what a blue envelope icon vs the red envelope icon are .. and also when those icons are "filled" and when they are not.

Thanks!
Just click the "What's New" button at the top of the page.

You can also subscribe to threads you wish to keep track of. This will make them appear on your control panel (http://boards.giants.com/usercp.php).
You can also elect to receive email notifications when a thread is updated.

giantsandyanks1
07-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Smooth Transition

GiantVibes
07-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Can anyone tell me why there is such a large space between my post content and my sig? I don't want to take up so much room on the page...

moo
07-25-2012, 12:38 AM
Can anyone tell me why there is such a large space between my post content and my sig? I don't want to take up so much room on the page...
Your signature begins where your profile info ends. That isn't a new feature.

GiantVibes
07-25-2012, 12:50 AM
Your signature begins where your profile info ends. That isn't a new feature.

Ah thanks. I'll have to resize my avatar and sig pic.

moo
07-25-2012, 03:10 AM
Ah thanks. I'll have to resize my avatar and sig pic.
I don't think it's too much of an issue, but I could place the text on the image if you'd like.

gumby74
07-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Just click the "What's New" button at the top of the page.

You can also subscribe to threads you wish to keep track of. This will make them appear on your control panel (http://boards.giants.com/usercp.php).
You can also elect to receive email notifications when a thread is updated.

Cool Thanks

gumby74
07-25-2012, 08:43 AM
having nested "quotes" in your posts don't seem to work either. So like if i reply with quote to a post that already has a quote in there, My post won't include all of the quote blocks, but it will only include the latest post.

I only bring this up because there is a "multi quote this message" button that doesn't seem to do anything

Thanks!

Morehead State
07-25-2012, 09:45 AM
To any Mod.....One of my MB pals can't sign on to the new boards. I had the same problem and I honestly can't remember how I did it. When he tries to register with his current screen name it tells him that its currently in use and he can't use his current password. Can I tell him exactly what the process is?
Let me know.

GiantsFootball
07-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Well, this is going to take some time to get used to...

TheAnalyst
07-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Is there a way to adjust the thread page so that the new posted in threads are up top? Mine are all scrambled and it is tough to view new posts. I have noticed you can sort it but then you navigate away, and it goes to the same as it was. Thanks

barran21
07-25-2012, 12:35 PM
So the new forums gonna have a links to the main website? because that was one of the things i loved about the old forum...

Mod_C
07-25-2012, 12:43 PM
To any Mod.....One of my MB pals can't sign on to the new boards. I had the same problem and I honestly can't remember how I did it. When he tries to register with his current screen name it tells him that its currently in use and he can't use his current password. Can I tell him exactly what the process is?
Let me know.

Which of your two friends is it? ;)

Have him or her email me nygmodc@gmail.com

Mod_C
07-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Is there a way to adjust the thread page so that the new posted in threads are up top? Mine are all scrambled and it is tough to view new posts. I have noticed you can sort it but then you navigate away, and it goes to the same as it was. Thanks

Yes, that's annoying

crushthemall
07-25-2012, 01:17 PM
I have an issue.
I'm an old member, ny06; and I can't seem to get an email verification to set up my old profile. I filled everything out and still have yet to receive an email for my new password on my old account. I used my old password and it doesn't recognize it. Can I get any help please...

bandwgn86
07-25-2012, 01:38 PM
I have an issue.
I'm an old member, ny06; and I can't seem to get an email verification to set up my old profile. I filled everything out and still have yet to receive an email for my new password on my old account. I used my old password and it doesn't recognize it. Can I get any help please...crush the mall? odd choice my freind

Weygand
07-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the assist with the password Mod N.
New boards look nice!! Befitting a Superbowl Champion, to be sure.

crushthemall
07-25-2012, 01:46 PM
crush the mall? odd choice my freind

Silly Canadian.
Crush them all
And thanks for the much needed feedback, maybe you can use your Canadian reasoning to get my old account back up ;)

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the assist with the password Mod N.
New boards look nice!! Befitting a Superbowl Champion, to be sure.

Hey Weygand, I remember you from the Giants chat room!

Weygand
07-25-2012, 01:47 PM
There's a general password they just reset with it with. I was able to use it to login because of my PW being roundfiled when they moved ova and don't have access to the email I used to setup my account here.

crushthemall
07-25-2012, 01:49 PM
There's a general password they just reset with it with. I was able to use it to login because of my PW being roundfiled when they moved ova and don't have access to the email I used to setup my account here.
What's the general password?
Because I have yet to receive any type of email.

Weygand
07-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Hey Mike.....good to see you here. I pretty much got busy with life after the superbowl (part of my pact with our maker re: my slacking off) and forgot about the upcoming migration to the new boards. Hopefully SouthernGiant will have the chat room going again as you guys make the games twice, nay, thrice as fun as were I to watch them with the toddler, cats and wife (yes, in that order too).

Weygand
07-25-2012, 01:52 PM
You have credit card?

j/k...

'giants'

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Hey Mike.....good to see you here. I pretty much got busy with life after the superbowl (part of my pact with our maker re: my slacking off) and forgot about the upcoming migration to the new boards. Hopefully SouthernGiant will have the chat room going again as you guys make the games twice, nay, thrice as fun as were I to watch them with the toddler, cats and wife (yes, in that order too).

Yeah it was pretty cool actually. If not, I might even post in the GDT this year being that the new boards makes it a little easier to actually post and see "what's new" on the forum

crushthemall
07-25-2012, 01:56 PM
You have credit card?

j/k...

'giants'
Thanks, still doesn't accept that password.
Am I doing something wrong?
I clicked the link of lost password, and put my email address in. And have yet to receive an email. Damn these new boards..... lol

yoeddy
07-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Testing....

Weygand
07-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Whatever's clever. I didn't get to spend as many days in the chat room as I would have liked last year and will probably be there for most but not all again this year. The GDT is too 'G' rated for salty rantings and cheerleader catcalling that goes on in the chat room. I'd get booted after the first advertisements.

Anyhoo...good to see you and I'm sure we'll catch up in 'A' Giants chat room if SouthernGiant doesn't have one again....

Weygand
07-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Yesterday my password wasn't working...today I just logged in using my ID and 'giants' and *bam*, I was vandalizing this thread before I knew it....

bandwgn86
07-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Silly Canadian.
Crush them all
And thanks for the much needed feedback, maybe you can use your Canadian reasoning to get my old account back up ;)

whatever JUNIOR member :)

they have to reset your password.. samething happened to me (Mod C is my new favourite Mod, forget that Mod M guy)

crushthemall
07-25-2012, 02:15 PM

they have to reset your password.. samething happened to me (Mod C is my new favourite Mod, forget that Mod M guy)

That's why I made this account, to ask for help from any mod on here. It must be a glitch or something.
Since you and him are bff's ask him to help me.

bandwgn86
07-25-2012, 02:20 PM
That's why I made this account, to ask for help from any mod on here. It must be a glitch or something.
Since you and him are bff's ask him to help me.i sent you a pm sir

Morehead State
07-25-2012, 02:36 PM

I was under the impression that the new boards were going to be "Canadian free".
Oh well!!!!

Joe Morrison
07-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Have you found out where there is a page with the most recent posts like the old page? Used to like seeing what was active and where I last posted to follow up.

Morehead State
07-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Have you found out where there is a page with the most recent posts like the old page? Used to like seeing what was active and where I last posted to follow up.
Just hit "Whats New" near the top.

bandwgn86
07-25-2012, 03:21 PM
I was under the impression that the new boards were going to be "Canadian free".
Oh well!!!!

so angry tsk tsk.. anything to do with Sox being in last place?

Morehead State
07-25-2012, 03:33 PM
so angry tsk tsk.. anything to do with Sox being in last place?
My football team is World's Champs!!!

bandwgn86
07-25-2012, 03:39 PM
My football team is World's Champs!!!
so is mine..current world champs to i may add

Morehead State
07-25-2012, 03:42 PM
so is mine..current world champs to i may add
How are your Ti Cats doing?

titwio
07-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Where's the link that takes you to the Giantsdotcom homepage? It used to be the big NY at the top but not the case anymore...

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Testing new signature

Urgh.

rxc999
07-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Want to give a shout out the Mods..thanks for fixing my password reset issue. i got the email and was able to reset it and now i can login!!!!! Thanks....

BigBlue2010
07-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Like the look of the boards. I will be honest though, I am dissappointed they don't have the same mobile viewer as the new phi or dal boards. Most of my viewing is on my phone now and those boards view so effortlessly.

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Like the look of the boards. I will be honest though, I am dissappointed they don't have the same mobile viewer as the new phi or dal boards. Most of my viewing is on my phone now and those boards view so effortlessly.

Well hopefully the Mods put this on Tapatalk or ForumRunner APP so it can be easily downloadable and it'll look nice and clean.

smoovej15
07-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Hey all.. Nice look.

Able to generate a random password for my existing account but how the heck do I change my password to something I will remember?? any help is appreciated.. thx!!

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Hey all.. Nice look.

Able to generate a random password for my existing account but how the heck do I change my password to something I will remember?? any help is appreciated.. thx!!

Settings> Edit Profile> Edit email and password should be at the very top.

You just type in the requirements

smoovej15
07-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Settings> Edit Profile> Edit email and password should be at the very top.

You just type in the requirements

Thank you soo much!! ;)

OsiTuck27
07-25-2012, 05:07 PM
yeah yeah yeah

IrishHothead
07-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Hey guys - It looks good.

sharick88
07-25-2012, 05:22 PM
I think these new boards are great. There are a few spam bots around though. I am sure you all have seen their posts and threads.

needmyusername
07-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Help! This is bELIeve_in_Giants. I was unable to log on under my user name even when I reset my password and copy and pasted exactly from the email sent to me. I had to re-register with my work email and I don't wish to keep this account. How do I log in with my old user name?

derekunion28
07-25-2012, 06:16 PM
i had tons of probs myself,,,first two days gota do new avatar and sig no rush hope they get the phone viewing fixed

titwio
07-25-2012, 06:20 PM
where's the link that takes you to the giantsdotcom homepage? It used to be the big ny at the top but not the case anymore...

bump.........

Neverend
07-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Question - How do you make the boards show the most recently replied threads in order, instead of when they were chronologically created?

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Question - How do you make the boards show the most recently replied threads in order, instead of when they were chronologically created?

There's a 'what's new tab' at the top of the screen near "forums". Hit that and it should show up

needmyusername
07-25-2012, 06:40 PM

I clicked on the "last post by" header and it re-arranged them.

needmyusername
07-25-2012, 06:43 PM
I can't figure out how to contact an administrator for help getting my user name back either. Said it was blocked from receiving private messages.

titwio
07-25-2012, 06:45 PM
bump.........

Ok, I'll ask in a different way. Is there any navigation button or link that takes you directly to the Giants.com homepage like the last forum had? :mad:

keyofgmen
07-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Thread display options? It keeps reverting to something I don't want. Can we set a default?

needmyusername
07-25-2012, 07:53 PM
I think the problem might be that my previous user name is too long for the new boards. I don't mind changing it, but I want my old stats if possible.

nhpgiantsfan1
07-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Can a mod possibly help me? I had to create a new account because I could not activate my old one. I believe it is because I can't remember the email address that my old account was attached to. My old name was NHPGIANTSFAN. I have created a new account just adding a 1 to the end of it. Is there any way that I can get my old name back. I have been a member since 2006.

Joe Morrison
07-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Not really overwhelmed with the new board, can't get my profile picture to post / not thrilled that we have to scroll through these tiny windows to read a post, still working at it, maybe there are adjustments to make, not giving up yet.

RoanokeFan
07-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Can a mod possibly help me? I had to create a new account because I could not activate my old one. I believe it is because I can't remember the email address that my old account was attached to. My old name was NHPGIANTSFAN. I have created a new account just adding a 1 to the end of it. Is there any way that I can get my old name back. I have been a member since 2006.

Send an email to giantsboards@gmail.com

crushthemall
07-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Send an email to giantsboards@gmail.com
Thanks, I sent an email asking to get my old password from ny06. Still haven't heard from them yet.

FlyingTruck
07-26-2012, 12:18 AM
****ING FINALLY! I've been trying to get my old account back for days now! After trying to send the "password renewal" email to my Yahoo account like 15 times, one finally went through! I almost gave up on it....anyway HI!

bigjeep
07-26-2012, 07:02 AM
Board super slow. I post a new thread and nothing shows on the board?

nycsportzfan
07-26-2012, 07:25 AM
finally got logged in. What a pain in the but.. Hopefully, these new boards are better then what i've seen early on.. Seems like it was alot easier to find threads and see everything going on, on the old boards.. But, i just started on here, so we shall see...

nycsportzfan
07-26-2012, 07:26 AM
****ING FINALLY! I've been trying to get my old account back for days now! After trying to send the "password renewal" email to my Yahoo account like 15 times, one finally went through! I almost gave up on it....anyway HI! Ya, same here.. I just about gave up myself...

nhpgiantsfan
07-26-2012, 08:08 AM

Thank you Roanoke Fan for your assistance!!

TheAnalyst
07-26-2012, 09:23 AM
There's a 'what's new tab' at the top of the screen near "forums". Hit that and it should show up

Thats cool and all, but it shows ALL FORUM POSTS. Is there a way to just get the newest "Talk About Giants Football" threads sorted perminantly?

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Thats cool and all, but it shows ALL FORUM POSTS. Is there a way to just get the newest "Talk About Giants Football" threads sorted perminantly?

Nope, don't think so. Just go to the ones that were recently updated or search the TAGF.

It shouldn't be that difficult. It's much easier than the last forum actually

lamas
07-26-2012, 09:56 AM

For me the in TAGF, threads are sorted in alphabetical order by Title as a default. If you click "Last Post By" in the blue header, you can sort by that field. It's really annoying to do this every time and should be changed.

I also agree that we need a link to giants.com at the top somewhere.

sethm
07-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Thanks for admins assistance and Im liking the new forum

TheAnalyst
07-26-2012, 11:23 AM

For me the in TAGF, threads are sorted in alphabetical order by Title as a default. If you click "Last Post By" in the blue header, you can sort by that field. It's really annoying to do this every time and should be changed.

I also agree that we need a link to giants.com at the top somewhere.

Exactly. If they want it to be user friendly to navegate easier, they would make a swich to default with the most rescent threads posted in, like the old fomat. This sorting is whack IMO.

TheAnalyst
07-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Nope, don't think so. Just go to the ones that were recently updated or search the TAGF.

It shouldn't be that difficult. It's much easier than the last forum actually

How so? The old forum was already sorted this way. Here, you have to click a last posted in button, then click it again to sort from most recent. Eh, I guess Im just never happy. Thats the only thing that Im not so thrilled with so far though. The rest looks very solid.

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-26-2012, 11:26 AM
No idea what that even means to be honest. All I need is a "whats new" tab to tell me who posted where and then I can click one button to go see who the last person who commented was and what he commented.

lamas
07-26-2012, 11:32 AM
How so? The old forum was already sorted this way. Here, you have to click a last posted in button, then click it again to sort from most recent. Eh, I guess Im just never happy. Thats the only thing that Im not so thrilled with so far though. The rest looks very solid.
I'm thinking this will get fixed eventually. They probably have their hands full with trying to get people signed in and everything. I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

georgeknj
07-26-2012, 08:51 PM
I can't get on with my old Username! Any Ideas?

M00KIE
07-27-2012, 07:08 AM
Yeah I can't either. 5th time I''ve had to create a new username here....My poor post count...:mad:

lamas
07-27-2012, 08:27 AM
I can't get on with my old Username! Any Ideas?
Click the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

FBomb
07-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Every time I sign on the threads are listed alpabetically until I change it. How do I change this?

FBomb
07-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Ok........here's the issues I have so far with the new boards. Sometimes I can't reply to a thread at all unless I double click on "reply with quote" Sometimes I am able to quick reply by just clicking in the box but no every time. The tabs labled "Reply to Thread" "Post Quck Reply" and "Reply" do not work AT ALL. If I click on one of those I can't do anything else until I move out of the thread all together and come back to it.

Also....any time I sign into TAGF forum or come back to it from another forum, ie. Smack talk it defaults to listing the threads alphabetically. I have to go to the bottom of the page and change the settings.

I can't post pictures in the text of my post, nor can I add a picture to my signature

So far this board is significantly less user friendly than the old board.

sharick88
07-27-2012, 01:30 PM
The only real issue I have with the new forums is the amount of spam that is coming in. It seems like every forum you go to, there's a spam thread or spam post. I think you guys know what I am talking about.

georgeknj
07-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Click the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

I responded to the "Contact Us", let's see if I get anything'

Mod_C
07-27-2012, 05:15 PM
I responded to the "Contact Us", let's see if I get anything'

We didn't get your message or you didn't receive our reply. We are handling these issues as they come in. If you haven't gotten a reply, email giantsboards@gmail.com

titwio
07-27-2012, 05:26 PM
We didn't get your message or you didn't receive our reply. We are handling these issues as they come in. If you haven't gotten a reply, email giantsboards@gmail.com

Is there a link in the forum that takes us to the Giants.com homepage like the boards used to have?

Mod_C
07-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Is there a link in the forum that takes us to the Giants.com homepage like the boards used to have?

Not that I'm aware of, yet.

G-G-GMen420
07-27-2012, 10:19 PM
overall i like the new boards

GiantVibes
07-27-2012, 11:12 PM
To all annoyed by the post order in TAGF, just bookmark the following link:

http://boards.giants.com/forumdisplay.php?7-Talk-About-Giants-Football!&sort=lastpost&order=desc

4th&goal
07-28-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm in. thanks mods.

BigBlue1971
07-28-2012, 01:38 PM
mods - without signing off the boards i watched videos on giants.com for a while. once back i attempted to reply to a post but was told i couldnt cuz i hadnt signed in.

if one is not on the boards for a while is it necessary to signin again as i was instructed?

casvdry
07-28-2012, 03:41 PM
My suggestion to change current Pagination.

Current:
http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/610/0733323501.png

Mine:
http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/610/4463649642.png

CSS Changes:

.pagination span.selected a {
background: url("images/buttons/newbtn_middle.png") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #0E2C48;
border: 1px solid #0E2C48;
color: #FFFFFF;
font-weight: bold;
height: 15.99px;
margin-left: 1px;
padding: 2px 4px;
}

.pagination span a {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
border: 1px solid #0E2C48;
color: #0E2C48;
font: 13px Tahoma,Calibri,Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif;
height: 15.99px;
margin-left: 1px;
padding: 2px 4px;
text-decoration: none;
}

SportsFan13
07-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Really like the new look!

FBomb
07-29-2012, 10:17 AM
All of my issues (board issues, anyway) have been addressed.....thanks fellas.

fourth&forever
07-29-2012, 12:16 PM
check, check, 1-2, 1-2

RoanokeFan
07-29-2012, 01:01 PM
check, check, 1-2, 1-2

rodge dodger, over and under

giants8493
07-29-2012, 01:30 PM
I don't like these boards. Can we go back to the old one?

titwio
07-29-2012, 01:37 PM
I don't like these boards. Can we go back to the old one?

Is this a real queston? ...lol

Kase-1
07-29-2012, 06:06 PM
I dont mind the boards cept there's not a 'My Posts' feature so you can see the threads that you posted in

giants8493
07-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Is this a real queston? ...lolYeah. I prefer the other one. Just saying.....

byron
07-29-2012, 06:28 PM
I dont mind the boards cept there's not a 'My Posts' feature so you can see the threads that you posted in yeah that was a good feature...you can go to your profile and look up your posts there bit of a pain but its all I could find
oh yeah and if you look to the left of the thread title there is a green arrow that notes you posted in the thread and how many times ....

eLi MusT gO dEEp
07-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Giants.COM MBs upgrade...?? Is it the seventh sign of the apocalypse or what?

NYG12589
07-29-2012, 07:17 PM
All of my issues (board issues, anyway) have been addressed.....thanks fellas.

uheemm ladies too!

giantsfan420
07-29-2012, 09:31 PM
I just wanna thank the webmaster who answers emails. I had an issue with resetting my password and was going to create a new name. But the guy, whoever he is, helped me out. We got good guys running these boards. Thanks to whoever the webmaster is, props.

ryan12
07-30-2012, 03:00 PM
how to i get my signature picture on my signature

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-30-2012, 03:02 PM
how to i get my signature picture on my signature

Get your picture URL, and put them in between this.

And then paste that into the white box under edit signature in the settings.

ryan12
07-30-2012, 03:04 PM
what happend to you old username?

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-30-2012, 03:15 PM
what happend to you old username?

Hated it. For now, I'm keeping that on my sig (might be awhile though seeing that people still probably dn't know me).

I like this better only because it defines me (italian heritage and I live in Brooklyn)

ryan12
07-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Hated it. For now, I'm keeping that on my sig (might be awhile though seeing that people still probably dn't know me).

I like this better only because it defines me (italian heritage and I live in Brooklyn)

i liked your posts even though you were new two boards like me. i have picture in my sig but i cant get it into the box that you were talking about

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-30-2012, 03:19 PM
i liked your posts even though you were new two boards like me. i have picture in my sig but i cant get it into the box that you were talking about

Thanks man, but it was time for a change in the username. I hated it.

Send me the URL of the picture or something, and I'll get it for you.

ryan12
07-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks man, but it was time for a change in the username. I hated it.

Send me the URL of the picture or something, and I'll get it for you.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/759/787/137574112_crop_exact.jpg?

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Not working lol, weird.

ryan12
07-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Not working lol, weird.

should i try a diffrent picture

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-30-2012, 03:34 PM
That would be better actually. I think you can't even get a URL for that that works for posting it in between the IMG tags

ryan12
07-30-2012, 03:52 PM
That would be better actually. I think you can't even get a URL for that that works for posting it in between the IMG tags

finally figured it out thanks bro.

giants8493
07-30-2012, 04:03 PM
What's the general password?
Because I have yet to receive any type of email.not even in your spam? thats where i got mine

giants8493
07-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Oh well!!!!at least its $free$ unlike the old one......

blue kills slowly
07-30-2012, 04:44 PM
same thing here davepc...lost my last account and back to my old one..lost my post counts as well....

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-30-2012, 04:52 PM
finally figured it out thanks bro.

No problem man, any time.

blue kills slowly
07-30-2012, 05:37 PM
my newest account is not working (blueomaha)...i would like to be able to use it...help please...thanx in advance....

RoanokeFan
07-30-2012, 05:40 PM
same thing here davepc...lost my last account and back to my old one..lost my post counts as well....

Have you sent an email to: giantsboards@gmail.com? They've been working on restoring old usernames and have been pretty successful.

fourth&forever
07-31-2012, 12:38 AM
red fonts available? (mac user)

and a pic attempt

davepc
07-31-2012, 12:40 AM
have embedded videos been disabled?

fourth&forever
07-31-2012, 12:50 AM
red this time?

nygfanmaybe
07-31-2012, 07:31 AM
testing 1 2 3

blue kills slowly
07-31-2012, 12:10 PM
Have you sent an email to: giantsboards@gmail.com? They've been working on restoring old usernames and have been pretty successful.no i haven't RoanokeFan...thanx for the heads up...i'll give it a shot later...blueomaha....

RoanokeFan
07-31-2012, 12:16 PM
my newest account is not working (blueomaha)...i would like to be able to use it...help please...thanx in advance....

Click on Contact Us at the bottom of the screen

dan1552
07-31-2012, 06:01 PM
When was the old site closed? I have'nt been her in a couple months. All my links on pc and phone were dead. Man I got a little nervous

bigjeep
07-31-2012, 06:57 PM
Board still un-stable for me.

byron
07-31-2012, 08:17 PM
this thing hangs up constantly for me I have checked my pc for viruses with up to date Norton's and it comes clean ....I also get logged out randomly ....didn't have these problems with the old board.....I,m at a loss for what might be wrong.....windows 7..... ms explorer 9 any help would be appreciated perhaps Norton antivirus is causing the problem...

I just tryed to post and got a message are you sure you want to leave this page instead of posting and had to rewrite this message

shockeyg
08-01-2012, 07:25 PM
I got the same thing Byron , I clicked to leave and it posted .I figured that's the way it was lol

shockeyg
08-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Ok that time it didn't ask me.

byron
08-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Ok that time it didn't ask me. strange goings on it wouldn't post for me and it doesn't happen all the time....only thing I can think of is my anti virus program is set to protect my broswer for malware and such...may be causing the issues.....

edit: this posted fine

fourth&forever
08-01-2012, 10:19 PM
The forum page could use a link to the giants.com front page.

Providence
08-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Test test test

DOGS OF WAR-56
08-02-2012, 04:52 PM
I used to be FIFTY6G-MAN, but was unable to restore my acct. What can I do since the last email acct I had with this username is no longer available to me? I tried just logging in using FIFTY6G-MAN and my old password but it stated my password was incorrect. There used to be a phone number to get things like this corrected. Any help would be awesome!! Mods????

RoanokeFan
08-02-2012, 05:27 PM
I used to be FIFTY6G-MAN, but was unable to restore my acct. What can I do since the last email acct I had with this username is no longer available to me? I tried just logging in using FIFTY6G-MAN and my old password but it stated my password was incorrect. There used to be a phone number to get things like this corrected. Any help would be awesome!! Mods????

Click on contact us at the bottom of the page

embeshAtYa
08-03-2012, 05:57 AM
test test test

GMENAGAIN
08-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Is anyone else finding these new boards to be EXTREMELY slow?? I've experienced it on 2 different computers, so I don't think that it is my computer(s).

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing . . . . .

RoanokeFan
08-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Is anyone else finding these new boards to be EXTREMELY slow?? I've experienced it on 2 different computers, so I don't think that it is my computer(s).

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing . . . . .

I think they're fine compared to the old boards.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-03-2012, 02:41 PM
More old users :) YAY!

GMENAGAIN
08-03-2012, 02:44 PM
I think they're fine compared to the old boards.

Hmmm . . . maybe it is my computers then.

byron
08-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Hmmm . . . maybe it is my computers then. I've having quite a bit of trouble with hang ups ...I've scanned this pc for problems with Norton's antivirus and its found nothing wrong....I had zero problem with the old board and thing were fine the first couple day on this new one.....Norton's has a browser protection mode that I just shut off to see if that makes any difference...its the only thing I can think off.....this pc is only a year I'd like to think its not the pc.....do you use an anti-virus program ?.... just wondering...

BklynBlue
08-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Finally back on. Had some problems logging in, but finally was able to re-set password and here I is!

BillTheGreek
08-04-2012, 07:40 AM
How do I start a new Thread ?

Joe Morrison
08-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Board definetly has issues, slow and contsantly have to refresh, what's up?

cva14
08-04-2012, 08:47 PM
test test test

byron
08-04-2012, 09:33 PM
for what its worth I have ms iexplorer 9...I turned the "smartscreen filter off... in the tools menu and it seems to have helped a lot.....

Blue_15
08-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Just joined.. OHAMA ! OMAHA !!

Mod_C
08-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the new boards

bigjeep
08-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Yes, board still slow at times. Frustrating! When the games start, could be a big problem. I think changing the board right at the start of the season is bad timing!!

VegasGmen
08-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Welcome to the new boards
Thanks for the help!

Diamondring
08-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Are there going to be more pages on the Talk About Giant's Football Screen?

jomo
08-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Received help from GameTime via PM to help me get my red font working.
Sarcasm is back, now if we could just load a robust set of smiley's.
Thanks GameTime!

gmen0820
08-06-2012, 05:17 PM
This board needs to be optimized for mobile users. Typing lags, badly. Whatever thread you hit, takes you to the thread above it. Really annoying/nerve-racking.

byron
08-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Are there going to be more pages on the Talk About Giant's Football Screen? you can change the default in the thread desplay options at the bottom of the page ..there is a drop down that says "show threads from the last day" change last day to what you want

SEC105
08-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Anybody have the link on how to get my avatar back? I saw thread about it right after the new MB came on line........can't seem to find Thanks in advance

byron
08-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Anybody have the link on how to get my avatar back? I saw thread about it right after the new MB came on line........can't seem to find Thanks in advance
here you go Sec
http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?13712-Avatar-fix&daysprune=14

SEC105
08-07-2012, 08:06 PM
here you go Sec
http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?13712-Avatar-fix&daysprune=14
Thanks Byron........will try it
any idea how to post random pics used to be able to just pick any off Google.... just copy and paste....that way is not working on new MB

Thanks again Big "B" SEC105

byron
08-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks Byron........will try it
any idea how to post random pics used to be able to just pick any off Google.... just copy and paste....that way is not working on new MB

Thanks again Big "B" SEC105 only thing I can think of is click on setting top of the page becide the logout button....in the next window on the left side of the page scroll down to where it says my account and click on general settings.....in the next window under Miscellaneous Options select...Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing....save changes at the bottom of the page and try that ......I can copy and paste sec and thats how I'm set up....good luck

Rudyy
08-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Did anyone else have to re-register? I did.
I used to be Rudyy from the old message board, however it didn't transfer over to the new boards. Oh well. Go Giants!

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Mod C is the bomb!!! Thanks to RO and MOD C!!!

BergenCountyJC
08-08-2012, 12:03 PM
test, test, test

BigJ
08-08-2012, 10:49 PM
How do I add a picture????

bigjeep
08-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Still very slow on and off! I have to add that the "emotions" are really bad! The last board we had was better, but not as good as the first board!

Giantslb66
08-09-2012, 03:34 PM
I lost everything ............

Mod_C
08-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I lost everything ............

What exactly did you lose?

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Did you lose your soul

byron
08-09-2012, 05:58 PM
maybe this is a stupid question at the bottom of the page is posting permissions mine looks like this