giantyankee1976
12-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Cowboys : I hate ya but nothing but respect to you

Eagles : eat ****

NYGFaninILL
12-12-2011, 03:14 AM

I feel the same way, I have an honorable rivalry respect for the Cowboys, but hate the Eagles with every joint in my body.

miked1958
12-12-2011, 08:28 AM

Yep... And I think even the players feel that way. U don't see that hatred u see like when we play eagles. Mutual respect is what I saw last night.

At times it was a comedy of errors for both teams but enjoyable game for fans not of our teams to watch....

The 8 lead changes made it very entertaining to friends of mine watching that could care less about either team

tonyt830
12-12-2011, 08:37 AM
I too have a healthy hatred towards the Eagles and most of their fans.

My hatred is not as strong towards the Cowboys, but in a couple weeks an Eagles win over the Boys could be of great benefit to the Giants. That is as long as the Giants take care of their own business vs the Skins and Jets.

Then the last game vs the Cowboys at home will not mean anything when it comes to winning the division.

But ugh---its hard for me to root for the Eagles at anytime, makes me sick to my stomach!

jhamburg
12-12-2011, 12:19 PM

I feel the same way, I have an honorable rivalry respect for the Cowboys, but hate the Eagles with every joint in my body.

I feel that way, but only on the message board. The Cowboys fans I see in real life are without exception, obnoxious morons. But then again I live in NY so anyone who's a Cowboys fan here is probably a frontrunner from the Smith/Aikman days.

RugDaniels
12-12-2011, 03:28 PM
I hate the Eagles but need them to beat the Jets so they have something to play for against Dallas. If they can beat Dallas I hope they lose the following week and ruin all the Eagles fans Christmas.

NYfanatic
12-12-2011, 04:25 PM
I want the iggles to go on and whoop them jets and cowgirls.
Really would be nice to see them take out perhaps two teams playoff chances.

appletree943
12-13-2011, 02:27 PM
if that happens we might be fighting for our own playoff hopes comes week 17

jhamburg
12-13-2011, 03:35 PM

And if not you guys can always just disappear from GMB again for another year or so

giantyankee1976
12-13-2011, 07:26 PM

And if not you guys can always just disappear from GMB again for another year or so

which is why I'm rooting the jets...can't let the egirls get a glimmer of hope

dax
12-20-2011, 02:17 PM
I'm an Eagles fan, who just had to visit to see your thoughts given the status of the NFC East. Had no intention of posting until I saw this thread.

I would be disappointed if Giants fans didn't loathe the Eagles. I certainly detest your team. But how can anyone respect the Cowboys and like them more than any other NFC East team? People want to complain about the "Dream Team" comment describing the Eagles this season, but what about the "America's Team" crap that we've been subjected to for the past 50 years? The story about the hole in the roof at Texas Stadium so God can watch his team play? The blatant horrible calls throughout the years that always go in Dallass' favor? Jimmy Johnson? Michael Irvin? Deion Sanders? Jerry Jones? Not to mention all the fans who've never even been to Texas? Around here in eastern PA, there are so many Cowboys fans, it's unbelievable! They also happen to be Lakers fans during basketball season and either RedSox or Yankees fans during baseball season. How can you respect that? At least we root for our hometown teams rather than the most recent Champions.

If the Eagles are eliminated, I'll certainly be rooting for the Giants over the Cowboys to win the NFC East. That said, I'll also be rooting for the Falcons or Lions to kick your sorry butts in the playoffs! But the Cowboys and their fans? C'mon!

jjj45
12-20-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm an Eagles fan,

dont worry, I already knew that by your username.

appletree943
12-20-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm an Eagles fan,

dont worry, I already knew that by your username.
lol

Ntegrase96
12-20-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm an Eagles fan...

That's why you wouldn't get it.

Cowboys fans may be annoying but Philadelphia fans have the reputation for being down right disgusting, vile individuals. Yes I know there are a lot of classy Philly fans, like Appletree who has posted in this thread, but for the most part when you think of Philly you think of...

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/local_sports/041610-worst-philly-sports-fans-moments

Anyway I think he was speaking of respect for the Cowboys squad of this year. Not much you can dislike about them. No 'criminals' or 'thugs' or 'showboaters'. They've just gone out and played tough football to the best of their abilities. Dealt with injury, didn't whine to the media about hits, didn't make excuses because of time zones, didn't have a WR quit on their team only for their coach to make excuses for him, etc. In fact, even the few times where they've fallen flat on their face the past few years they didn't do anything of the kind.

Rob Ryan is probably the only person you can really dislike on the team.

jjj45
12-20-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm an Eagles fan...

Cowboys fans may be annoying but Philadelphia fans have the reputation for being down right disgusting, vile individuals. Yes I know there are a lot of classy Philly fans, like Appletree who has posted in this thread, but for the most part when you think of Philly you think of...

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/local_sports/041610-worst-philly-sports-fans-moments

Anyway I think he was speaking of respect for the Cowboys squad of this year. Not much you can dislike about them. No 'criminals' or 'thugs' or 'showboaters'. They've just gone out and played tough football to the best of their abilities. Dealt with injury, didn't whine to the media about hits, didn't make excuses because of time zones, didn't have a WR quit on their team only for their coach to make excuses for him, etc. In fact, even the few times where they've fallen flat on their face the past few years they didn't do anything of the kind.

Wow you make the cowboys sound quite likable, but we shan't be tricked!

lol Down with Dallas!

GMENAGAIN
12-20-2011, 05:34 PM
The Eagles will destroy the Cowboys this weekend . . . .

Ntegrase96
12-20-2011, 06:33 PM

Maybe. They're hitting their stride now. But, won't really matter since you guys lost to the Redskins.

Sarcasman
12-20-2011, 07:51 PM

Maybe. They're hitting their stride now. But, won't really matter since you guys lost to the Redskins.

Agree. If the Boys were smart they'd stack the line and cut off all running options. I know the Dallas secondary sucks but you have to make VIck beat you with this arm. 9 times out of 10 he can't.

Also, the only reason the Eagles are hitting their stride now is because there's no pressure.

Bread
12-20-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm an Eagles fan...

Anyway I think he was speaking of respect for the Cowboys squad of this year. Not much you can dislike about them. No 'criminals' or 'thugs' or 'showboaters'. They've just gone out and played tough football to the best of their abilities. Dealt with injury, didn't whine to the media about hits, didn't make excuses because of time zones, didn't have a WR quit on their team only for their coach to make* excuses for him, etc. In fact, even the few times where they've fallen flat on their face the past few years they didn't do anything of the kind.

ESPN did a poll last year on the most annoying fanbases and the Cowboys overwhelmingly came in 1st (Jets was a distant 2nd). We do have a lot of annoying fans but you have no right to be condesending, as a Cowboys fan, with all due respect.

Ntegrase96
12-21-2011, 12:58 AM
I'm an Eagles fan...

ESPN did a poll last year on the most annoying fanbases and the Cowboys overwhelmingly came in 1st (Jets was a distant 2nd). We do have a lot of annoying fans but you have no right to be condesending, as a Cowboys fan, with all due respect.

Didn't I just acknowledge that? There are many Cowboys fans who are annoying-- bandwaggoners, the guys that talk about the 5 superbowl rings, etc etc. Along with Yankees fans. Lakers fans. And a ton of other sports teams.

But Eagles fans (for the most part) are in a class all of their own and are known for just being flat out classless, lowlives of the sports world, with numerous stories to back it up.

One is worse than the other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2isksLw0jW8

giantyankee1976
12-21-2011, 07:39 AM
this season's Cowboys team is remarkably low key with the usual braggadocio missing in action.

that's kind of scary.

on the other hand there was the "Dream Team"

granted coined by one Vince Young but...

in my lifetime the Boys fans I've encountered were primarily not them found in the state of Texas. They hailed from any state other than Texas and not even Oklahoma. States like Illinois, Indiana, Arizona, Virginia, Jersey, Jersey???
ergo, bandwagoners etc.
typically more of a Cowboys "historian" rather than what I'd consider a true fan.

When I served, I served beside a few native Texans, there was ribbing and the like BUT I also served beside a number of native Pennsylvanians (sp) ? AND what a difference. (Steelers or Eagles for that matter)

I liked them (3 South Philly dudes and one North Philly cat) well enough but all of our relationships were far more antagonistic than that of the Boys' fans. (I shudder to think if I was a raging Mets fan to boot)

I loved the year you guys went to the SB and Brady & Co. won.
My dude even bought this ginormous TV and invited me over to watch the Eagles rise to the throne as it were.
Good Times in the Company LOL

seriously, it seems like eagles fans relish in their identity as trash talking, rude, beat your *** in the parking lot "types."

tonyt830
12-21-2011, 08:27 AM
The Eagles will destroy the Cowboys this weekend . . . .I hope not. I'm more of an Eagles hater than Cowboys hater. I would like week 17 to come down to the Giants/Cowboys for the division.

I dont want any glimmer of hope for the Eagles. I would love to see that Eagles trophy case to stay empty and dusty!

RugDaniels
12-21-2011, 09:12 AM
I guess there really was an NFL lockout this year...for Eagles fans. We're approaching week 16 and we're finally hearing from Eagles fans on this board.

This season hasn't been great for anyone in the NFC East, including the Cowboys. Ntegrasse and other Cowboys fans have been mixing it up in this forum all season.

THAT is all I need to know when deciding which is my most hated team in football.

I really don't care about the Eagles / Cowboys game on Saturday. I just want the Giants to beat the Jets. If they can do that the late game won't mean a thing.

GMENAGAIN
12-21-2011, 10:11 AM
The Eagles will destroy the Cowboys this weekend . . . .I hope not. I'm more of an Eagles hater than Cowboys hater. I would like week 17 to come down to the Giants/Cowboys for the division. I dont want any glimmer of hope for the Eagles. I would love to see that Eagles trophy case to stay empty and dusty!</P>

I'm with you on that, but they are playing very well right now with Vick back and healthy . . . . somehowTHEY were able to fix some of their problems on defense . . . . </P>

appletree943
12-21-2011, 02:10 PM

Agree. If the Boys were smart they'd stack the line and cut off all running options. I know the Dallas secondary sucks but you have to make VIck beat you with this arm. 9 times out of 10 he can't.

Also, the only reason the Eagles are hitting their stride now is because there's no pressure. no pressure? lol this isnt Arizona or Seattle

we GOT to finish 8-8 and let it come down to the giants cowboys game or ppl might lose their jobs

Eagles played like this earlier in the year when we made it to 3-4 and everybody jumped back on our bandwagon im just looking for consistency cuz one day we look like one of the best teams in the league then the next we're getting crushed by seattle and losing to buffalo and arizona *shrugs*

to the other poster our defense has never been THAT bad this season funny enough Giants have a way worst run D than us on avg

appletree943
12-21-2011, 02:18 PM

And if not you guys can always just disappear from GMB again for another year or so i wasnt talking smack at the start this year no reason for me to hide lol

dax
12-21-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm with you on that, but they are playing very well right now with Vick back and healthy . . . . somehowTHEY were able to fix some of their problems on defense . . . .

Not only is Vick healthy, but Maclin, DJax, and the Oline is also healthy. The offense hasn't been on the field together and healthy very much this season. When they were, they moved the ball with ease. The problem has been turnovers, which are absolute killers!

I'll believe the Eagles have fixed their defense if they contain Dallass. We are only three weeks away from giving up 38 to Tavaris Jackson and Seattle. The last two weeks have been against poor to average QBs in Miami and the Jets. One thing they're doing is tackling better, which will be key against Romo and his receivers.

Still can't believe any NFC East fans would prefer Dallass with Jerry Jones over any other NFC East rival. But to each his own. As for fan behavior, you can point out whatever you want about Philly fans but the same thing applies to a lot of other fans too.

RugDaniels
12-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Here's what I don't understand about Eagles fans...They relish in their portrayal as tough fans who intimidate any other fans who show up to home games, but as soon as any national media calls them on their bad behavior they are offended. You can't have it both ways.

dax
12-21-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm not offended. I'm just bored hearing about it especially from the national mediots!

Niners fan was out on the field after one of the blackouts on Monday night. Camera was on Big Ben who said, "where's Harrison when you need him?" and everyone had a good laugh about it. Not another word about it. Let a Philly fan run onto the field, and it's poor fan behavior and you never hear the end of it. Only diff was the Niners fan got caught quickly by security. The Philly fan kept avoiding security until a cop tasers his butt, and rightfully so. Now it's a national story.

San Fran also had some drunk run over a kid and put him in the hospital for months. LA and Oakland fans beat an opposing fan into a concussion. Still doesn't get the play that Philly gets for booing Santa Claus, cheering Irvin's injury, and throwing snowballs at Jimmy Johnson. You telling me Giants fans never throw snowballs and wouldn't love to target Jimmy Johnson or Rex Ryan or any Eagle? How many postings on here suggest the Giants take out Vick? You telling me Giants fans wouldn't cheer if he went down and never got back up? Would have done the same if Irvin went down at the Meadowlands. As for booing the big guy, from what I heard, it wasn't the real Santa so no harm, no foul.

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 04:45 PM

Also, the only reason the Eagles are hitting their stride now is because there's no pressure. no pressure? lol this isnt Arizona or Seattle

we GOT to finish 8-8 and let it come down to the giants cowboys game or ppl might lose their jobs

Eagles played like this earlier in the year when we made it to 3-4 and everybody jumped back on our bandwagon im just looking for consistency cuz one day we look like one of the best teams in the league then the next we're getting crushed by seattle and losing to buffalo and arizona *shrugs*

to the other poster our defense has never been THAT bad this season funny enough Giants have a way worst run D than us on avg

Yes, no pressure.

When no one expects anything out of you, there's no pressure.

At this point, if the Eagles do anything at all this season, it's gravy.

Which - as I said before - is the perfect position for them since they tend to go the opposite way when the pressure is highest, like the playoffs.

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm with you on that, but they are playing very well right now with Vick back and healthy . . . . somehow*THEY were able to fix some of their problems on defense . . . . *

Not only is Vick healthy, but Maclin, DJax, and the Oline is also healthy.* The offense hasn't been on the field together and healthy very much this season.* When they were, they moved the ball with ease.* The problem has been turnovers, which are absolute killers!

I'll believe the Eagles have fixed their defense if they contain Dallass.* We are only three weeks away from giving up 38 to Tavaris Jackson and Seattle.* The last two weeks have been against poor to average QBs in Miami and the Jets.* One thing they're doing is tackling better, which will be key against Romo and his receivers.

Still can't believe any NFC East fans would prefer Dallass with Jerry Jones over any other NFC East rival.* But to each his own.* As for fan behavior, you can point out whatever you want about Philly fans but the same thing applies to a lot of other fans too.

Yeah, I agree with this.

I don't care which team goes if the Giants don't. I"m a Giant fan but I generally don't root against any teams...not even the Jets. If my team isn't there, I don't care.

Plus whomever wins the NFC Least is going nowhere in the postseason anyway. The division is who sucks the least contest this year.

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 04:53 PM
How many postings on here suggest the Giants take out Vick?* You telling me Giants fans wouldn't cheer if he went down and never got back up?* Would have done the same if Irvin went down at the Meadowlands.* As for booing the big guy, from what I heard, it wasn't the real Santa so no harm, no foul.

Not me.

VIck on the field gives us a better chance than the backup.

Of course for the Giants that's true of every team. They make all backup QBs look like Joe Montana.

Ntegrase96
12-21-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm not offended. I'm just bored hearing about it especially from the national mediots!

Niners fan was out on the field after one of the blackouts on Monday night. Camera was on Big Ben who said, "where's Harrison when you need him?" and everyone had a good laugh about it. Not another word about it. Let a Philly fan run onto the field, and it's poor fan behavior and you never hear the end of it. Only diff was the Niners fan got caught quickly by security. The Philly fan kept avoiding security until a cop tasers his butt, and rightfully so. Now it's a national story.

San Fran also had some drunk run over a kid and put him in the hospital for months. LA and Oakland fans beat an opposing fan into a concussion. Still doesn't get the play that Philly gets for booing Santa Claus, cheering Irvin's injury, and throwing snowballs at Jimmy Johnson. You telling me Giants fans never throw snowballs and wouldn't love to target Jimmy Johnson or Rex Ryan or any Eagle? How many postings on here suggest the Giants take out Vick? You telling me Giants fans wouldn't cheer if he went down and never got back up? Would have done the same if Irvin went down at the Meadowlands. As for booing the big guy, from what I heard, it wasn't the real Santa so no harm, no foul.

It's not just the fans of the Eagles. It may be unfair but Eagles fans are going to get lumped in with Phillies fans, Flyers fans and so far the 76ers fans seem to have been quiet. Yes other things happen in other parts of the sports world, but Philly continually churns out incidents of classlessness.

Bored of it? I'm bored of people complaining about Jerry Jones face exposed on TV, calling us bandwagon fans, getting pissy every time the Cowboys are covered on ESPN over better stories. It comes with the territory. Can't control it just like you can't control the image of your fanbase.

However, I'm fair to individual Philly fans on an individual basis. It just depends on how they present themselves. You seem like you have your head on straight, as do a lot of people who post about the Eagles, so I'll treat you with respect. I don't think you're vile. I don't think you're going to intentionally throw up on a pre-teen girl at a game. You're just a fan.

I can respect you and have intelligent conversations about football.

Ntegrase96
12-21-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm with you on that, but they are playing very well right now with Vick back and healthy . . . . somehowTHEY were able to fix some of their problems on defense . . . .

Not only is Vick healthy, but Maclin, DJax, and the Oline is also healthy. The offense hasn't been on the field together and healthy very much this season. When they were, they moved the ball with ease. The problem has been turnovers, which are absolute killers!

I'll believe the Eagles have fixed their defense if they contain Dallass. We are only three weeks away from giving up 38 to Tavaris Jackson and Seattle. The last two weeks have been against poor to average QBs in Miami and the Jets. One thing they're doing is tackling better, which will be key against Romo and his receivers.

Well they contained Dallas pretty well the first time. Having Miles Austin back may not mean that much, but Romo is far healthier this time as well.

Not having Demarco Murray is a concern. He played well against you guys last time, but things got out of hand so quickly, he had to take a back seat.

I think this game can go two ways.

Cowboys get the ball first and the game is competitive.

Or the Eagles get the ball first, force Dallas to play from behind again and blow them out. Garrett gets one dimensional way too fast and if he's down 10-0 or more in the first, he'll be passing the ball like crazy and the wide 9 actually has a shot to work.

Bread
12-21-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm an Eagles fan...

Anyway I think he was speaking of respect for the Cowboys squad of this year. Not much you can dislike about them. No 'criminals' or 'thugs' or 'showboaters'. They've just gone out and played tough football to the best of their abilities. Dealt with injury, didn't whine to the media about hits, didn't make excuses because of time zones, didn't have a WR quit on their team only for their coach to make* excuses for him, etc. In fact, even the few times where they've fallen flat on their face the past few years they didn't do anything of the kind.

Didn't I just acknowledge that? There are many Cowboys fans who are annoying-- bandwaggoners, the guys that talk about the 5 superbowl rings, etc etc. Along with Yankees fans. Lakers fans. And a ton of other sports teams.

But Eagles fans (for the most part) are in a class all of their own and are known for just being flat out classless, lowlives of the sports world, with numerous stories to back it up.

You can sugarcoat it all you want but Cowboys fans (for the most part) have a repuatation for being fairweather, clueless, babbling, loud, obnixious, fat, scumbag, worthless idiots with stories (and polls) to back it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ByeipzRBSw

RoanokeFan
12-21-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm an Eagles fan, who just had to visit to see your thoughts given the status of the NFC East. Had no intention of posting until I saw this thread.

I would be disappointed if Giants fans didn't loathe the Eagles. I certainly detest your team. But how can anyone respect the Cowboys and like them more than any other NFC East team? People want to complain about the "Dream Team" comment describing the Eagles this season, but what about the "America's Team" crap that we've been subjected to for the past 50 years? The story about the hole in the roof at Texas Stadium so God can watch his team play? The blatant horrible calls throughout the years that always go in Dallass' favor? Jimmy Johnson? Michael Irvin? Deion Sanders? Jerry Jones? Not to mention all the fans who've never even been to Texas? Around here in eastern PA, there are so many Cowboys fans, it's unbelievable! They also happen to be Lakers fans during basketball season and either RedSox or Yankees fans during baseball season. How can you respect that? At least we root for our hometown teams rather than the most recent Champions.

If the Eagles are eliminated, I'll certainly be rooting for the Giants over the Cowboys to win the NFC East. That said, I'll also be rooting for the Falcons or Lions to kick your sorry butts in the playoffs! But the Cowboys and their fans? C'mon!

Fair question. Name one other franchise that had to install a jail and courtroom "on premises" due to assaults and other crimes committed against visiting teams' fans?

Bread
12-21-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm an Eagles fan, who just had to visit to see your thoughts given the status of the NFC East.* Had no intention of posting until I saw this thread.

I would be disappointed if Giants fans didn't loathe the Eagles.* I certainly detest your team.* But how can anyone respect the Cowboys and like them more than any other NFC East team?* People want to complain about the "Dream Team" comment describing the Eagles this season, but what about the "America's Team" crap that we've been subjected to for the past 50 years?* The story about the hole in the roof at Texas Stadium so God can watch his team play?* The blatant horrible calls throughout the years that always go in Dallass' favor?* Jimmy Johnson?* Michael Irvin?* Deion Sanders?* Jerry Jones?* Not to mention all the fans who've never even been to Texas?* Around here in eastern PA, there are so many Cowboys fans, it's unbelievable!* They also happen to be Lakers fans during basketball season and either RedSox or Yankees fans during baseball season.* How can you respect that?* At least we root for our hometown teams rather than the most recent Champions.

If the Eagles are eliminated, I'll certainly be rooting for the Giants over the Cowboys to win the NFC East.* That said, I'll also be rooting for the Falcons or Lions to kick your sorry butts in the playoffs!* But the Cowboys and their fans?* C'mon!

Fair question.* Name one other franchise that had to install a jail and courtroom "on premises" due to assaults and other crimes committed against visiting teams' fans?

I would agree that the Vet was crazy and that we have a lot of meatball and loser fans, but in 2011, we are not as bad as some other fanbases (Oak, NYJ, SF, SD, Pitt). Also, I wouldnt expect a bunch of Giants fans to be able to get this, but the media is mostly New York based. New Yorkers hate Philadelphia. There is a stabbing at every Oak-SD game and it gets mentioned once and swept under the rug but if someone pisses on a tree outside of the Linc, its a national news story. The NFL changed their beer laws based on an incident at a Jets game, yet no one talks about that. Giants fans threw beer bottles at Desean Jackson after the Miracle at Metlife incident, yet no one talks about that. Giants fans also are featured in a video on Youtube destroying the expensive car of an opposing fan after a tough loss but no one talks about that. A child was attacked at a Browns game and Bears fans shouted racial slurs at a injured Packers player but no one talks about any of those things. All of the above incidents happened in the last 2 or 3 years but all people talk about is us having a jailcell in our stadium in the 90s or us booing Santa Claus in the 60s. Giants and Cowboys fans like to bring up fan incidents but the only reason you guys even know about them is because New York based BSPN blows it up but as I said, I wouldnt expect a bunch of New Yorkers to process any of this information.

Ntegrase96
12-21-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm an Eagles fan...

You can sugarcoat it all you want but Cowboys fans (for the most part) have a repuatation for being fairweather, clueless, babbling, loud, obnixious, fat, scumbag, worthless idiots with stories (and polls) to back it up.

I don't mind the occasional drunkard who makes an *** of his or herself. Every team has fans like that. Have you never been to an away game in your life? Seriously. Type in drunk (insert team here) fan and you'll get the same amount of results.

What doesn't happen from many other team's fans are the things like I posted in the 'worst moments for Philly fans'-- at least not as frequent of the combined efforts of fans in Philadelphia.

I'm not saying the Cowboys have an admirable fan base, but they're no different from many in other sports. They're consistently ranked amongst the top in annoying fans, but Philly takes the cake. Your fans are the only disliked fans that haven't won anything in forever.

http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/201104/worst-sports-fans-in-america?slide=2#slide=14

I'm done with this conversation. I don't have much else to say that I haven't already said and repeated, and frankly it's putting me in a sour mood.

Bread
12-21-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm an Eagles fan...

I don't mind the occasional drunkard who makes an *** of his or herself. Every team has fans like that. Have you never been to an away game in your life? Seriously. Type in drunk (insert team here) fan and you'll get the same amount of results.

What doesn't happen from many other team's fans are the things like I posted in the 'worst moments for Philly fans'-- at least not as frequent of the combined efforts of fans in Philadelphia.

I'm not saying the Cowboys have an admirable fan base, but they're no different from many in other sports.* They're consistently ranked amongst the top in annoying fans, but Philly takes the cake. Your fans are the only disliked fans that haven't won anything in forever.

http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/201104/worst-sports-fans-in-america?slide=2#slide=14

I'm done with this conversation. I don't have much else to say that I haven't already said and repeated, and frankly it's putting me in a sour mood.

Philly takes the cake? Not according to the national poll last year. Success on the field has nothing to do with it. Face it, people hate Dallas and their fans more than any other fanbase and with good reason. And I'm done with this conversation too. You're pissed off and I'm rapidly getting pissed off so lets just drop the whole damn thing.

jjj45
12-21-2011, 08:50 PM
I would agree that the Vet was crazy and that we have a lot of meatball and loser fans, but in 2011, we are not as bad as some other fanbases (Oak, NYJ, SF, SD, Pitt). Also, I wouldnt expect a bunch of Giants fans to be able to get this, but the media is mostly New York based. New Yorkers hate Philadelphia. There is a stabbing at every Oak-SD game and it gets mentioned once and swept under the rug but if someone pisses on a tree outside of the Linc, its a national news story. The NFL changed their beer laws based on an incident at a Jets game, yet no one talks about that. Giants fans threw beer bottles at Desean Jackson after the Miracle at Metlife incident, yet no one talks about that. Giants fans also are featured in a video on Youtube destroying the expensive car of an opposing fan after a tough loss but no one talks about that. A child was attacked at a Browns game and Bears fans shouted racial slurs at a injured Packers player but no one talks about any of those things. All of the above incidents happened in the last 2 or 3 years but all people talk about is us having a jailcell in our stadium in the 90s or us booing Santa Claus in the 60s. Giants and Cowboys fans like to bring up fan incidents but the only reason you guys even know about them is because New York based BSPN blows it up but as I said, I wouldnt expect a bunch of New Yorkers to process any of this information.Do Eagles fans keep a bible of every other minor fan incident across the NFL to try and make themselves seem less scumbagish?

Bread
12-21-2011, 08:53 PM
I would agree that the Vet was crazy and that we have a lot of meatball and loser fans, but in 2011, we are not as bad as some other fanbases (Oak, NYJ, SF, SD, Pitt). Also, I wouldnt expect a bunch of Giants fans to be able to get this, but the media is mostly New York based. New Yorkers hate Philadelphia. There is a stabbing at every Oak-SD game and it gets mentioned once and swept under the rug but if someone pisses on a tree outside of the Linc, its a national news story. The NFL changed their beer laws based on an incident at a Jets game, yet no one talks about that. Giants fans threw beer bottles at Desean Jackson after the Miracle at Metlife incident, yet no one talks about that. Giants fans also are featured in a video on Youtube destroying the expensive car of an opposing fan after a tough loss but no one talks about that. A child was attacked at a Browns game and Bears fans shouted racial slurs at a injured Packers player but no one talks about any of those things. All of the above incidents happened in the last 2 or 3 years but all people talk about is us having a jailcell in our stadium in the 90s or us booing Santa Claus in the 60s. Giants and Cowboys fans like to bring up fan incidents but the only reason you guys even know about them is because New York based BSPN blows it up but as I said, I wouldnt expect a bunch of New Yorkers to process any of this information.Do Eagles fans keep a bible of every other minor fan incident across the NFL to try and make themselves seem less scumbagish?

Yes we do.

Ntegrase96
12-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Philly takes the cake? Not according to the national poll last year. Success on the field has nothing to do with it. Face it, people hate Dallas and their fans more than any other fanbase and with good reason. And I'm done with this conversation too. You're pissed off and I'm rapidly getting pissed off so lets just drop the whole damn thing.

I'm fine with other fans hating Dallas and I'm well aware of it. I think the poll you were talking about listed Dallas as the least favorite of all fans in the NFL and Green Bay as the favorite.

The Cowboys are the most polarizing team in the NFL. I've known that for years.

Bread
12-21-2011, 09:15 PM

I'm fine with other fans hating Dallas and I'm well aware of it. I think the poll you were talking about listed Dallas as the least favorite of all fans in the NFL and Green Bay as the favorite.

Nope. It was a poll on the most disliked fanbase. They even had former players up there to comment on it. If its any consolation, most of the players that were up there said the Jets had the most annoying fans.

The list went like this

1. Cowboys
2. Jets
3. Pats
4. Steelers
5. Raiders
6. Eagles
7. Seahawks (Dont get that one)
8. Giants
9. Saints
10. Niners

Ntegrase96
12-21-2011, 09:17 PM

Nope. It was a poll on the most disliked fanbase. They even had former players up there to comment on it. If its any consolation, most of the players that were up there said the Jets had the most annoying fans.

The list went like this

1. Cowboys
2. Jets
3. Pats
4. Steelers
5. Raiders
6. Eagles
8. Giants
9. Saints
10. Niners

Hm. Interesting. Link? Or do you remember which show it was featured on?

edit: that doesn't surprise me. There are a lot of us and we're annoying. The Saints one surprises me a bit though. Although I think it's justified-- but I have to share close quarters with them and they think we're rivals so my view is a bit skewed.

Bread
12-21-2011, 09:23 PM

The list went like this

1. Cowboys
2. Jets
3. Pats
4. Steelers
5. Raiders
6. Eagles
8. Giants
9. Saints
10. Niners

Hm. Interesting. Link? Or do you remember which show it was featured on?

edit: that doesn't surprise me. There are a lot of us and we're annoying. The Saints one surprises me a bit though. Although I think it's justified-- but I have to share close quarters with them and they think we're rivals so my view is a bit skewed.

Dont have a link but the show was Sportsnation.

dax
12-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Bored of it? I'm bored of people complaining about Jerry Jones face exposed on TV, calling us bandwagon fans, getting pissy every time the Cowboys are covered on ESPN over better stories. It comes with the territory. Can't control it just like you can't control the image of your fanbase.

If you're from Texas, I ain't talkin' 'bout you! But there are so many Cowboys fans around here (eastern PA) it's not even funny. I can see being a Steelers fan, even a Giants or Jets fan because there are so many transplants from those areas living here. But being a Cowboys fan is absurd!

Name another owner who gets as much face time as Jerry Jones. Granted he's also GM or whatever he calls himself, but you hardly ever see other owners. Doubt anyone outside the NFC East even knows what Eagles owner Jeff Lurie looks like. And he's being interviewed every week. Give me a break!

That said, I have a pretty cool Jerry Jones story for you. Occurred a couple years back when the Eagles killed the Cowboys something like 44-7 to make the playoffs in week-17. It was one of those rare 60 degree winter days. Friend and I are heading down to the game and decide to go to Pats for a cheesesteak before heading to the stadium. Got lucky and found a spot right next to the place. As we're getting out of the truck, there sitting at one of the outside tables about 15 feet from us is Jerry Jones and an older woman, I assume was his wife. Couple henchmen types at a couple other tables. See a couple black Cadillac Escalades double parked with Philly cops around them. Exchange a couple "hey, how you doin'?" with the Joneses and go get our sandwiches. When we get back to the truck, a homeless guy comes over to us and starts cleaning our windshield. Give him a couple bucks to leave the car alone and then we tell him there's Cowboys owner Jerry Jones sitting over there. The guy goes over to Jerry saying, "Mr. Jones how are you sir?" and extends his hand to shake. We fully expected the henchmen to pounce. But Jerry Jones stands up, walks over towards the man and says, "My hands are too greasy from the cheesesteak to shake hands, but it's a pleasure to meet you. Let's just bump elbows." And there we see a billionaire and a homeless guy bumping elbows, both of them with smiles on their faces. Couldn't believe it! Very cool thing for him to do. While leaving I asked him if I could take a picture to prove I saw him. He asks if I'd like to get in the picture with him and he has one of his henchman snap a photo of us with my cell. That was so cool of JJ, but I still detest his football team!

RugDaniels
12-24-2011, 12:32 PM
As I have to travel during the latter portion of the Giants game I'm trying to figure out how to wear my Giants gear and dress up for my Christmas Eve dinner...

It's the one time I envy Eagles fans to whom wearing their jerseys IS dressing up.

Philadelphia Tuxedo = DeSean Jackson jersey w/ a backward Phillies cap.

michaelkhan3
12-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Big Thanks to Jason Babin for Hopefully knocking out Romo for next weeks game.

TroyArcher
12-25-2011, 04:48 PM
It is pretty equal. I can't stand the America's Team crap. They haven't won a playoff game in 20 years. What the hell does that say about America.

Sarcasman
12-25-2011, 06:05 PM

I wouldn't celebrate that.

THe Giants get a backup QB In the game they immediately let down. I'd rather that Romo play.

jjj45
12-25-2011, 07:19 PM

I wouldn't celebrate that.

THe Giants get a backup QB In the game they immediately let down. I'd rather that Romo play.Whats even better is if Romo plays, his hand will hopefully handicap him all game.

Ntegrase96
12-26-2011, 12:35 AM
It is pretty equal. I can't stand the America's Team crap. They haven't won a playoff game in 20 years. What the hell does that say about America.

Or we've won 1 in the last 2 years...

BigBlue2010
12-26-2011, 01:52 PM
I don't know where to post this and I don't know if it has been posted either, but

I read on eagles board that because of their victory over DAL, if the Eagles win next week they will finish ahead and more importantly pick after of the loser of DAL-NYG.

Ntegrase96
12-26-2011, 02:45 PM
I don't know where to post this and I don't know if it has been posted either, but

I read on eagles board that because of their victory over DAL, if the Eagles win next week they will finish ahead and more importantly pick after of the loser of DAL-NYG.

I don't think this is right.

First off, the Eagles still have to win against the redskins. But since that seems to be a given, I'll describe the scenario following that.

Strength of schedule is the first tie breaker.

If the Giants lose and end up 8-8, they'll finish 3rd in the division, but will have to draft later than the Eagles because of the strength of schedule. New York finished with the same record with a tougher strength of schedule, thus they had the 'better year'.

Dallas on the other hand had an easier strength of schedule because of the Bucs. Which means if they tie the Eagles at 8-8, they would have had a worse year. They would draft before the Eagles.

But I could be mistaken.

BigBlue2010
12-26-2011, 05:24 PM

You know Ntegrase, thanks for correction. I think you might be right. I guess tie-break logic for standings don't apply to draft.

I don't think this is right.

First off, the Eagles still have to win against the redskins. But since that seems to be a given, I'll describe the scenario following that.

Strength of schedule is the first tie breaker.

If the Giants lose and end up 8-8, they'll finish 3rd in the division, but will have to draft later than the Eagles because of the strength of schedule. New York finished with the same record with a tougher strength of schedule, thus they had the 'better year'.

Dallas on the other hand had an easier strength of schedule because of the Bucs. Which means if they tie the Eagles at 8-8, they would have had a worse year. They would draft before the Eagles.

But I could be mistaken.

flamethrower
12-26-2011, 10:29 PM

Funniest thing there is the fact that the Cowgirl fans act like Arlington did something special. They did nothing. The Giants were the team that Eliminated the Eagles. Not the Cowgirls. But, the Cowgirl trolls think that they are the better team. Even thou they got swept by Philly, and might get Swept by the Giants this week.

dax
12-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Funniest thing there is the fact that the Cowgirl fans act like Arlington did something special. They did nothing. The Giants were the team that Eliminated the Eagles. Not the Cowgirls. But, the Cowgirl trolls think that they are the better team. Even thou they got swept by Philly, and might get Swept by the Giants this week.

Actually the Eagles eliminated themselves with their poor play early in the season. The Eagles were 1-4 and eventually 3-6, which should have enough to eliminate them from the playoffs. It's only because the NFC East is so bad that the Birds were even alive going into week-16 action. Philly's 5-1 division record and 3-7 record outside the NFC East are testament to that (assuming Eagles beat Skins on Sunday).

As for team's final records, the head-to-head and division tie-breaker only apply for division standings and playoffs. Strength of schedule, as the previous poster correctly explained, is the determining factor when it comes to the draft.

Sarcasman
12-27-2011, 05:52 PM

Actually the Eagles eliminated themselves with their poor play early in the season.* The Eagles were 1-4 and eventually 3-6, which should have enough to eliminate them from the playoffs.* It's only because the NFC East is so bad that the Birds were even alive going into week-16 action.* Philly's 5-1 division record and 3-7 record outside the NFC East are testament to that (assuming Eagles beat Skins on Sunday).

As for team's final records, the head-to-head and division tie-breaker only apply for division standings and playoffs.* Strength of schedule, as the previous poster correctly explained, is the determining factor when it comes to the draft.

I think you're selling the Eagles a bit short here. They sucked much further into the season than just the early part. I don't think anyone would consider 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through the early part of the season.

tx11
12-28-2011, 03:33 AM
Yo ***thrower,the funny think is how irrelevant you Toxin fans and your so called team has been since joining the leauge back in 02. I swear, the few fans your little team has spend more time hating on the Cowboys than rooting for your team and thanking the Man up stairs that Peyton Manning missed this year so they could fInally get over 500 and win the worst division in the nfl. Face it, your little team is second class citizens in TX and always will be. Now go enjoy your first ever playoff game and getting beat by whom ever it is you play first.

flamethrower
12-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Yo ***thrower,the funny think is how irrelevant you Toxin fans and your so called team has been since joining the leauge back in 02. I swear, the few fans your little team has spend more time hating on the Cowboys than rooting for your team and thanking the Man up stairs that Peyton Manning missed this year so they could fInally get over 500 and win the worst division in the nfl. Face it, your little team is second class citizens in TX and always will be. Now go enjoy your first ever playoff game and getting beat by whom ever it is you play first.
Really? I was sure that in 2009 Houston won 9 games and only lost 7 that year. And I could swear that 9 wins are more than 8. Also I love how these cowgirl trolls think that they can predict the future. I hear the same Bull Crap each, and every season when it starts. The Cowgirls will win the Super Bowl because they have done it 5 times in the past. You forgot 1 small detail. You forgot to show how many games it took for the Cowgirls to win their first ever game vs How many it took Houston to win its first ever one also. Cowgirls had to wait til 1961 to win for the first time in Franchise history. 0-11-1 in 1960. 4-9-1 in 1961. That is 4-20-2
Houston's first 2 seasons. 4-12 in 2002. And 5-11-0 for the 2003 season. That is 9-23. Gee 5 more wins in the time frame. and only 3 more losses. Yet the current Season Houston is in the Playoffs, and is hosting a game. While the Cowgirls have a lousy divisional record, and have only 1 playoff win in the last 14 seasons. That ain't nothing to brag about.

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Really? I was sure that in 2009 Houston won 9 games and only lost 7 that year. And I could swear that 9 wins are more than 8. Also I love how these cowgirl trolls think that they can predict the future. I hear the same Bull Crap each, and every season when it starts. The Cowgirls will win the Super Bowl because they have done it 5 times in the past. You forgot 1 small detail. You forgot to show how many games it took for the Cowgirls to win their first ever game vs How many it took Houston to win its first ever one also. Cowgirls had to wait til 1961 to win for the first time in Franchise history. 0-11-1 in 1960. 4-9-1 in 1961. That is 4-20-2
Houston's first 2 seasons. 4-12 in 2002. And 5-11-0 for the 2003 season. That is 9-23. Gee 5 more wins in the time frame. and only 3 more losses. Yet the current Season Houston is in the Playoffs, and is hosting a game. While the Cowgirls have a lousy divisional record, and have only 1 playoff win in the last 14 seasons. That ain't nothing to brag about.

Nobody cares about who sucked more their first 3 seasons. You could also say we had 3 conference championships in our first 10 years, while you're just making your first playoff appearance (and most likely one and done) in your 9th.

Stop pining to be our rival.

MattMeyerBud
12-28-2011, 12:43 PM

or you've won 1 in the past 16 years

MattMeyerBud
12-28-2011, 12:46 PM

Actually the Eagles eliminated themselves with their poor play early in the season. The Eagles were 1-4 and eventually 3-6, which should have enough to eliminate them from the playoffs. It's only because the NFC East is so bad that the Birds were even alive going into week-16 action. Philly's 5-1 division record and 3-7 record outside the NFC East are testament to that (assuming Eagles beat Skins on Sunday).

As for team's final records, the head-to-head and division tie-breaker only apply for division standings and playoffs. Strength of schedule, as the previous poster correctly explained, is the determining factor when it comes to the draft.

omg

its like ur trying to say because you guys suck - it means your really good

MattMeyerBud
12-28-2011, 12:48 PM

dude- 9 wins is nothing to brag about. Trust me, after this week we're going to have 9 wins. I mean sure we're going to brag to Cowboy, Philly, and Jets fan because we got in the playoffs while knocking them all out - but we're not going to brag about hte 9 wins...

I agree. **** Dallas - but you guys just don't have the resume to fight this battle

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 01:55 PM

Which is more relevant?

MattMeyerBud
12-28-2011, 01:57 PM

Which is more relevant?

i'd say once in the past 16 years when your owner is the same knucklehead

MattMeyerBud
12-28-2011, 02:21 PM
ask the mods at trueblue if they will unban me for the week lol

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 02:39 PM
ask the mods at trueblue if they will unban me for the week lol

hahaha. You know I would, but I don't post there... I don't even think I have an account there. Cowboyszone for me or my personal fav, AbsoluteCowboys with all the other pessimists and anything goes.

dax
12-28-2011, 04:04 PM
omg

Don't know how you came up with that, but take it as you like. All I'm saying is that the Giants didn't eliminate the Eagles from the playoffs. The Eagles eliminated themselves with the way they played especially early in the season. Good teams don't start the season 1-4 or 3-6. Good teams don't finish the season 7-9 or 8-8. The Eagles were not a good team in 2011. The fact that they were in the division race until week-16 should tell you that the entire NFC East isn't that good. You don't agree with that?

How good are the Giants if they lost 5 of 6 and were only a timeout away from losing 6 straight? How good are the Giants if they lost to the Eagles with Vince Young at QB? Especially if the Eagles suck? Your Giants are one game away from a third consecutive season of missing the playoffs after a fast start. So really how good is your team?

Sarcasman
12-28-2011, 04:48 PM
* The fact that they were in the division race until week-16 should tell you that the entire NFC East isn't that good.* You don't agree with that?

How good are the Giants if they lost 5 of 6 and were only a timeout away from losing 6 straight?* How good are the Giants if they lost to the Eagles with Vince Young at QB?* Especially if the Eagles suck?* Your Giants are one game away from a third consecutive season of missing the playoffs after a fast start.* So really how good is your team?

I agree that the NFC East is pretty crappy this year, it's impossible to argue otherwise.

As far as how good the Giants are, they're good and they're inconsistent. So, are they a top team in the NFC This year? I don't think so.

Certainly they are better than the Eagles, but as you have already pointed out, that's not saying a whole lot.

MattMeyerBud
12-28-2011, 05:16 PM
omg

Don't know how you came up with that, but take it as you like. All I'm saying is that the Giants didn't eliminate the Eagles from the playoffs. The Eagles eliminated themselves with the way they played especially early in the season. Good teams don't start the season 1-4 or 3-6. Good teams don't finish the season 7-9 or 8-8. The Eagles were not a good team in 2011. The fact that they were in the division race until week-16 should tell you that the entire NFC East isn't that good. You don't agree with that?

How good are the Giants if they lost 5 of 6 and were only a timeout away from losing 6 straight? How good are the Giants if they lost to the Eagles with Vince Young at QB? Especially if the Eagles suck? Your Giants are one game away from a third consecutive season of missing the playoffs after a fast start. So really how good is your team?

well the Giants didn't physically eliminate the Eagles in week 16 during a game. Did somebody say that? Last time I checked we BEAT you early in the season - are you going to cue an excuse as to how u guys just lost that game and we didn't beat you?

A timeout away from losing 6 straight? Please explain

If you want to play that woulda coulda shoulda game, did you actually
WATCH when we played GB? NFL came out and said the wrong call was made
on a TD that would of won us the game, or at least changed the
complexion. Your lucky its even this close.

We had the hardest schedule in the NFL and while you got to play a
sleeping Falcons team and mediocre Bears team we had to play GB and NO
Bottom line is if we do win, we are in. I guess it makes a huge
difference what a game makes.

Giants DEF let down this year vs the Eagles n 2nd game, but we also let down to Todd Collins in 07 and then won the superbowl. You guys lost to Joe Webb and Jon Kitna last year. I could poke theories into all of your points.

MattMeyerBud
12-28-2011, 05:21 PM
The fact that they were in the division race until week-16 should tell you that the entire NFC East isn't that good. You don't agree with that?

I agree that the NFC East is pretty crappy this year, it's impossible to argue otherwise.

As far as how good the Giants are, they're good and they're inconsistent. So, are they a top team in the NFC This year? I don't think so.

Certainly they are better than the Eagles, but as you have already pointed out, that's not saying a whole lot.

actually its not clear that hes pointing that out

his comments are actually inconsistent. He says that they aren't a good team, but then references that they are a good team that just let down early in the year.

MattMeyerBud
12-28-2011, 05:22 PM

Nobody cares about who sucked more their first 3 seasons. You could also say we had 3 conference championships in our first 10 years, while you're just making your first playoff appearance (and most likely one and done) in your 9th.

Stop pining to be our rival.

lol we know the feeling - we have Jets fans

but this is more like Buffalo fans who cry that they are the TRUE NY team

dax
12-28-2011, 06:29 PM

If Dallass wins on Sunday, both the Eagles and Giants will be 8-8 with each team winning once on the other team's field. I don't know how you could say the Giants are certainly better than the Eagles.

Sarcasman
12-28-2011, 06:34 PM

If Dallass wins on Sunday, both the Eagles and Giants will be 8-8 with each team winning once on the other team's field.* I don't know how you could say the Giants are certainly better than the Eagles.

Because as of right now the Eagles are done and the Giants aren't.

I realize that saying the Giants are better than the Eagles right now is damning them with faint praise and the truth is that we're cutting it pretty fine here since once the off season starts who really cares which team lasted longer in the regular season?

But it is what it is.

RIght now, today, the Giants are better. It's not really debatable.

dax
12-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Last time I checked we BEAT you early in the season - are you going to cue an excuse as to how u guys just lost that game and we didn't beat you?

Yeah, you beat us early in the season. We beat you later in the season with our backup QB when you could have truly eliminated us from the NFC East race. The Eagles were not a good football team this year. No excuses.

A timeout away from losing 6 straight? Please explain

We had the hardest schedule in the NFL and while you got to play a
sleeping Falcons team and mediocre Bears team we had to play GB and NO
Bottom line is if we do win, we are in. I guess it makes a huge
difference what a game makes.

Dallass made a last second FG to tie the game against the Giants and send it into OT. Coughlin called one of those bogus last microsecond timeouts right before the snap. Rekick was blocked, and Giants won. Had the game gone into OT, who knows what would have happened but you could have ended up with your sixth straight loss.

We played a Falcons team coming off a 13-3 season in their dome. Last I checked, they're a playoff team. We also played a hot Chicago team with a healthy Forte and Cutler. They will end up with a mediocre record, but they were destined for the playoffs until those two got hurt.

Green Bay and New Orleans are two of the best, but you also played and lost to Washington twice, and Seattle. Don't act like you would have beaten Atlanta and Chicago as if they were JV squads.

dax
12-28-2011, 07:02 PM
his comments are actually inconsistent. He says that they aren't a good team, but then references that they are a good team that just let down early in the year.

There's nothing inconsistent with my comments. The Eagles were not a good football team this season. They did get off to a horrible start, which should have eliminated them from any serious chance at the playoffs. But because the NFC East was so bad this year, it actually took until week-16 before they were finally eliminated. Even with a win over the Skins and a 4-game win streak to end the season, I would not label the Eagles anything better than mediocre this season. Never did I say nor did I even hint that the Eagles were good in 2011.