PDA

View Full Version : anybody going to camp this weekend?

MattMeyerBud
07-24-2012, 12:07 PM
me and wifey just got a hotel room in albany for Sat night...

going to be at practice sat and sunday, but will be drinking sat night..

Drez
07-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Unfortunately, I have a wedding to go to on Saturday and have to work a double on Sunday. No camp for me. Makes me sad as I literally work about 3 minutes away from campus, lol.

Morehead State
07-24-2012, 02:20 PM

going to be at practice sat and sunday, but will be drinking sat night..
No one wants to be around you. Hahahaha!!!!

Neverend
07-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Would love too, but dont want to get any worse of a sunburn as I already have.

I also think the lockout elimanted those two-a-day practices so its pretty much all practices shortly after noon

scoopscj
07-24-2012, 03:17 PM
I would go but cant justify hotel expense for just 2 hours a day. Eliminating 2 a days sealed it for me. Wonder If it hurts Albany economy.

Drez
07-24-2012, 03:46 PM
I would go but cant justify hotel expense for just 2 hours a day. Eliminating 2 a days sealed it for me. Wonder If it hurts Albany economy.
We'll see. I actually think it'll help my restaurant. With practices at 1:30, I think we'll see more people coming in for lunch before practice starts.

Either way, it'll hurt the economy here less than when camp wasn't here, lol.

Kase-1
07-24-2012, 03:51 PM
I would go but cant justify hotel expense for just 2 hours a day. Eliminating 2 a days sealed it for me. Wonder If it hurts Albany economy.WOW they eliminated 2-A-Days!?!?!

Guess me and my buddies arent gonna make the trip up from LI, its really not worth it for 2hrs a day just like you said. Other than training camp I have no idea what else goes on in Albany that would be a good tourist attraction or at least something to do to justify the trip

MattMeyerBud
07-24-2012, 04:27 PM
yea man, new CBA

the good thing is the GIants have 1 to 3:30 practices on Sat and Sunday.

Then 3:30-5:00 is autograph day. So we're going to make it for all of that and go boozin sat night

MattMeyerBud
07-24-2012, 04:27 PM
No one wants to be around you. Hahahaha!!!!

and i promise everybody that i won't bring Moorehead along

Drez
07-24-2012, 04:35 PM
WOW they eliminated 2-A-Days!?!?!

Guess me and my buddies arent gonna make the trip up from LI, its really not worth it for 2hrs a day just like you said. Other than training camp I have no idea what else goes on in Albany that would be a good tourist attraction or at least something to do to justify the trip There's the Race Track (horses) up in Saratoga, but that's about a 45 minute drive from Albany. If you're the cultured type, there's the NYS Museum. Then there's your typical malls and shopping, but that's not much different than LI, really. Also in Saratoga, there's SPAC, an awesome outdoor venue. What's great is that if there's a concert there that you want to see while you're up here you can get "lawn" seats for $15 usually. The lawn seats are in the venue, just not in the amphitheater, but they're still good seats. This weekend, Santana and the Allman Brothers Band are playing on Friday and OAR is Saturday. You can check out spac.org for the full calendar. There's also the normal variety of clubs and bars in the area that have live music. There's also lots of camping nearby, too, if you're into that kind of thing.

MattMeyerBud
07-24-2012, 04:38 PM
hmmm forgot Saratoga was so close

Drez
07-24-2012, 04:45 PM
And Lake George isn't much further. There's even a Six Flags Park up there called, The Great Escape.

Eli TO Shockey
07-24-2012, 04:52 PM
word on the street is that Eli will be there

MattMeyerBud
07-24-2012, 05:12 PM
how bout shockey?

Eli TO Shockey
07-24-2012, 05:37 PM
that would be fabulous

Morehead State
07-24-2012, 05:42 PM
and i promise everybody that i won't bring Moorehead along
Then who's gunna want to come?

tonyt830
07-25-2012, 08:31 AM

going to be at practice sat and sunday, but will be drinking sat night..Well Matt, you and the little lady enjoy yourselves! Please give my best to the Giants!

We somehow always go on vacation before training camp, but thats how it works out due to our work schedules etc.

gumby74
07-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Ah, the perks of having a Giants fan for (as?) your wife. I don't even get to watch Giants games in their entirety anymore.

MattMeyerBud
07-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Ah, the perks of having a Giants fan for (as?) your wife. I don't even get to watch Giants games in their entirety anymore.

thanks

and lol, no comment to the second part

MattMeyerBud
07-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Well Matt, you and the little lady enjoy yourselves! Please give my best to the Giants!

We somehow always go on vacation before training camp, but thats how it works out due to our work schedules etc.

well it is the most common vacationing time

Giantamy
07-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Do they sell Giants Jerseys, hats and stuff at the training camp? If not, where can I find some in Albany! My dad and I are going there on August 1st. Do you have suggestions for a good restaurant while we are there? Do you know which position will be giving autograph on this date? (I heard they will rotate each day)...

gumby74
07-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Yeah we agreed that we wouldn't let the kids watch TV when they were younger. I might have to bend that rule some because not watching Giants games is making gumby very grumpy.

GiantVibes
07-25-2012, 02:43 PM
A guy I know just arrived

http://www.sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/564536_10151142644298455_1676599592_n.jpg

rxc999
07-25-2012, 03:12 PM
i wish i could..live too far from Albany...but will be going to the MNF game against deadskins in DC...

Drez
07-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Do they sell Giants Jerseys, hats and stuff at the training camp? If not, where can I find some in Albany! My dad and I are going there on August 1st. Do you have suggestions for a good restaurant while we are there? Do you know which position will be giving autograph on this date? (I heard they will rotate each day)... Yeah, they have a merch tent sent up to buy gear. Of course, the prices are jacked up. There's a couple malls close by, so you can always go to a sports store in one of them for gear if you don't find the prices to your liking at camp.

As far as restaurants are concerned, there's a ton of the big chains nearby... And there's a ton of good local eateries, too. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

Save for Autograph Day, there's no guarantee on getting one... There's usually a pathway that players walk down before and after practice where you might be able to snag some.

Giantamy
07-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Yeah, they have a merch tent sent up to buy gear. Of course, the prices are jacked up. There's a couple malls close by, so you can always go to a sports store in one of them for gear if you don't find the prices to your liking at camp.

As far as restaurants are concerned, there's a ton of the big chains nearby... And there's a ton of good local eateries, too. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

Save for Autograph Day, there's no guarantee on getting one... There's usually a pathway that players walk down before and after practice where you might be able to snag some.

thanks! can't wait to go there!

Captain Chaos
07-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Strong desire, no ability to get there. I'll have to live vicariously through your posts!

MattMeyerBud
07-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Yeah, they have a merch tent sent up to buy gear. Of course, the prices are jacked up. There's a couple malls close by, so you can always go to a sports store in one of them for gear if you don't find the prices to your liking at camp.

Does every player participate in autograph day? I got a poster of like 6 diff guys I want to get signed

derekunion28
07-25-2012, 06:33 PM
gl guys post some pics when my girls get older i will do the trip wit my boys....

Drez
07-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Does every player participate in autograph day? I got a poster of like 6 diff guys I want to get signed As far as I'm aware all players are mandated to sign on Autograph Day, though I don't know for how long they're required to sign. Amazingly enough, I've never gone on autograph day.

bobnyg
07-25-2012, 07:46 PM
will be going to camp on saturday

YATittle1962
07-25-2012, 11:15 PM
I'll be up there at some point

this weekend is too busy though

bill2000
07-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Heading down from Maine with my son. Will be there for Saturday, Sunday and Monday before I need to get back to work. I'm pretty psyched to be seeing my first training camp.

EnragedYouth85
07-26-2012, 10:18 PM
I would love to go but being stationed all the way out in California, my chance of going is ZERO! I'm hoping to make the SF game though! :)

MattMeyerBud
07-27-2012, 07:53 AM
I think I'm going to cancel. It's suppose to rain all day sat and sun in albany.

Morehead State
07-27-2012, 08:20 AM
I think I'm going to cancel. It's suppose to rain all day sat and sun in albany.
Your not going to melt Matt.

MattMeyerBud
07-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Your not going to melt Matt.

Thanks for the input pappy but it's more along the lines of me not wanting to drive 5 hours round trip and pay for a hotel room do I can just be in Albany while the players are in a closed practice in an inside facility

MattMeyerBud
07-27-2012, 09:40 AM
ps - i think its messed up that the new boards refer to you as a senior member. Just becuase you get discounted movie theater tickets, doesn't mean that giants.com should out you like that.

Morehead State
07-27-2012, 01:44 PM
ps - i think its messed up that the new boards refer to you as a senior member. Just becuase you get discounted movie theater tickets, doesn't mean that giants.com should out you like that.\
Dark Meyerbud!

Macattack428
07-27-2012, 08:42 PM
I hear if it rains they practice inside and we go home.... Bummer if you gotta drive 3+ hours...