PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to see be our 3rd WR Barden, Randle or JJ?

Eliscruzzz
07-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Personally I would love to see Randle get the position cause he's bigger then JJ and faster then Barden with surer hands. He'll be what Barden was supposed to be for us lol.

MikeIsaGiant
07-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Whoever does the job right.

Neverend
07-24-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm in support of all 3, instead wanting the other two receivers to fail and not be apart of this offense

But for all three to be included, they need to be in on certain packages. If cruz is aligned in the slot, would love to see randle out-wide. Maybe on run-heavy formations get Barden out there on the edge blocking safeties or defensive backs. Perhaps he can be a decent red zone option as well (but that may be an overrated concept). Jernigan can be on certain sub-packages as well, kid was a great talent in college. Maybe get him out there on some screens, reverses, on those quick breaking routes, hell.. you get the idea. I don't think its mainly about who wins the 3rd WR job (esp. since the staff is still planning on cruz being the in the slot often) but rather which wide receiver will be on the field in certain packages and circumstances. I believe it will be a rotation of all 3, with barden seeing the field probably the least.

rainierjef
07-24-2012, 03:25 PM
i would really like barden to step up and utilize his size/speed to create mis matches. but i would settle for either of them to help take some pressure off of cruz and nicks in the 3wr sets.

GMENAGAIN
07-24-2012, 03:29 PM
I want to see one of them actually grab hold of the position and make it theirs.

I'm guessing that Randle is the most likely to do that, and that Barden is probably the least likely . . . . .

Eliscruzzz
07-24-2012, 03:30 PM
I never said I wanted anyone to fail I just want Randle to get the job cause to he is the best physical abilities of the three I think he is a combination of the two I still think there is a place for JJ at KR, PR him or Barden can be on the field when we spread teams out. I agree with JJ on screens and stuff like that but the Giants don't really run that many screens to begin with I don't know if that is because of the o-line or not but that is a good idea. I also think you really have to have a certain and definitive #3 cause you need to Eli and that receiver on the same page when Mario was here he was our #3 and Eli knew that so there was chemistry with the two rotating the 3 I think will just be to many mistakes let one whoever go through the growning pains with Eli.

Neverend
07-24-2012, 03:30 PM
i would really like barden to step up and utilize his size/speed to create mis matches. but i would settle for either of them to help take some pressure off of cruz and nicks in the 3wr sets.

If only he had speed.

Eliscruzzz
07-24-2012, 03:32 PM
I want to see one of them actually grab hold of the position and make it theirs.

I'm guessing that Randle is the most likely to do that, and that Barden is probably the least likely . . . . . +1 That's is exactly what I'm saying you have get that chemistry going with the #3 and Eli

GameTime
07-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Barden wont even make the end of camp. Randle will most likely be the 3rd. But the Gmen usually bring in a an old vet with year left or so. You will see that as well.

egyptian420
07-24-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm happy with whoever proves to be the best in camp, but as for my personal hunch, I'd want it to be Randle. But it could be anyone's job, Barden, Hixon, JJ....I'm just happy with the best man for the job

Eliscruzzz
07-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Whoever does the job right. dude it's just a question for a debate who's better for the team.I know Tom Coughlin will put the right man for the job I was asking our fans who they want to see.

SweetZombieJesus
07-24-2012, 03:35 PM
JJ and Barden had an opportunity slammed shut in their face with Cruz's ascension.

My money's on Randle, I think he'll be Nicks Jr.

Neverend
07-24-2012, 03:38 PM
+1 That's is exactly what I'm saying you have get that chemistry going with the #3 and Eli

I suppose, but I just can't see it. Randle's a rookie, the staff loves & is loyal to Hixon, Jernigan's a 3rd round draft pick so you want to see what you got in this guy, etc.

I see a rotation of all the receivers, with more or less either randle/hixon getting a good percentage of those snaps 3-wide. Can't see one of these guys just dominating the competition and keeping other receivers off the field. Randle is probably the most talented, but hes still really young and inexperienced. Hixon has a huge advantage over him in that area to the point where they would want to probably bring randle along slowly early on.

Eliscruzzz
07-24-2012, 03:42 PM
JJ and Barden had an opportunity slammed shut in their face with Cruz's ascension.

My money's on Randle, I think he'll be Nicks Jr. Me too I think Randle will surprise a lot of people this year not to the extent that Cruz did but I'm expecting great things from him look what he did with Jordan Jefferson as his QB I mean really. Speaking of Jordan Jefferson what happen with him?

SUPERBOWL/BOUND/GIANTS
07-24-2012, 03:46 PM
I saw Barden at a celeb basketball game in Vegas, and he was killing on the court, dunking and all that... do is a giant for real. I hope he makes the team.. but I think Hixon is gonna be the 3rd wr

GameTime
07-24-2012, 03:51 PM
I saw Barden at a celeb basketball game in Vegas, and he was killing on the court, dunking and all that... do is a giant for real. I hope he makes the team.. but I think Hixon is gonna be the 3rd wr
what does that have to do with his performance or lack there of on the football field???

Eliscruzzz
07-24-2012, 03:51 PM
I suppose, but I just can't see it. Randle's a rookie, the staff loves & is loyal to Hixon, Jernigan's a 3rd round draft pick so you want to see what you got in this guy, etc.

I see a rotation of all the receivers, with more or less either randle/hixon getting a good percentage of those snaps 3-wide. Can't see one of these guys just dominating the competition and keeping other receivers off the field. Randle is probably the most talented, but hes still really young and inexperienced. Hixon has a huge advantage over him in that area to the point where they would want to probably bring randle along slowly early on. You know what I forgot about Hixon you would love to see him as a Giants fan get #3 because he is a true Giants and a respectable guy but when you get a talent like Reuben Randle in the 2nd round you have to see what the kid's got imo. Personally I would like to see Hixon and Randle on the field with Cruz and Nicks I know we usually run 3 wr sets but hell why not go with a spread em out 4wr set no huddle offense that is when Eli is at his best I don't get why Gilbride doesn't do this more.

juice33s
07-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Randle, according to his draft status he should be the most talented of the three. JJ was brought in to be a slot guy, but that's no longer necessary and Barden has yet to show the ability to separate and get open at the NFL level (He's had 3 years now and not even a glimpse...)

I do think initially it will be Hixon while Randle learns the offense.

Eli TO Shockey
07-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Personally I would love to see Randle get the position cause he's bigger then JJ and faster then Barden with surer hands. He'll be what Barden was supposed to be for us lol.

you forget about hixon? Granted, hes coming off a 2nd ACL. Out of JJ, Randle, Barden.... Hixon is the most NFL proven WR. Can he stay healthy or be the same player he was before is an entirely different conversation.

BigBlue1971
07-24-2012, 04:06 PM
i think Randle will be the 3rd receiver. Barden says hes ready but hes got to provce it.

JJ imo has a better chance than Barden.

Eli TO Shockey
07-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Randle, according to his draft status he should be the most talented of the three. JJ was brought in to be a slot guy, but that's no longer necessary and Barden has yet to show the ability to separate and get open at the NFL level (He's had 3 years now and not even a glimpse...)

I do think initially it will be Hixon while Randle learns the offense.

Barden is a bust. he'll be lucky to hit the 53. especially since hes useless on special teams

Eli TO Shockey
07-24-2012, 04:09 PM
what does that have to do with his performance or lack there of on the football field???

LOL. Dunking and catching is the same thing dude. get with it :P

mcillo
07-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Personally I would love to see Randle get the position cause he's bigger then JJ and faster then Barden with surer hands. He'll be what Barden was supposed to be for us lol.Randle is not exactly a sure handed receiver - Barden hasn`t dropped one that I can remember, given his few chances.

Eliscruzzz
07-24-2012, 04:45 PM
you forget about hixon? Granted, hes coming off a 2nd ACL. Out of JJ, Randle, Barden.... Hixon is the most NFL proven WR. Can he stay healthy or be the same player he was before is an entirely different conversation. What I meant was I got caught up in his injury and had forgotten he is back most talk I've been hearing from the media that Randle has been lighting it up and also JJ has been doing very good also so I wasn't even thinking about Hixon. He may be the most proven but to me he is also the most injured prone

Kase-1
07-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Randle is not exactly a sure handed receiver - Barden hasn`t dropped one that I can remember, given his few chances.He hasnt dropped any because he's only seen a handful of throws his way since the dude cant get separation. Im not a hater, hell I really had high hopes for him when he got drafted with us, but on the real he makes Sinorice Moss look like Randy Moss

Eliscruzzz
07-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Randle is not exactly a sure handed receiver - Barden hasn`t dropped one that I can remember, given his few chances. When you got Jordan Jefferson throwing you the football you would have some drops too. and Also Barden has not caught everything thrown his way either. So what makes you think that Barden is going to be different this year from his unproven other 3. It's also not that hard to be sure handed when you get 2 catches every 4 games are you for real?

GMENAGAIN
07-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Randle is not exactly a sure handed receiver - Barden hasn`t dropped one that I can remember, given his few chances.

lol . . . Randle has yet to have a ball thrown to him in the NFL, and he is already "not a sure handed receiver"???

Eliscruzzz
07-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Randle is not exactly a sure handed receiver - Barden hasn`t dropped one that I can remember, given his few chances. Not to pile on your sure handed comment but here is RB"s highlights and lowlights from his giants career http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Cq5YTOcQM

RoanokeFan
07-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Whoever does the job right.

We have to remember that a quick transition into the NFL is not a given, especially for receivers on the GIANTS. This is the right answer, but we can't overlook Hixon in this equation especially early on in the season. He is liked and appreciated by the coaching staff.

Amani Toomer took 2 years to catch on.

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-24-2012, 05:09 PM
We have to remember that a quick transition into the NFL is not a given, especially for receivers on the GIANTS. This is the right answer, but we can't overlook Hixon in this equation especially early on in the season. He is liked and appreciated by the coaching staff.

Of course. That's why my comment was so general. We have no idea who will succeed in preseason or TC right now. We have to wait a little bit.

Eli TO Shockey
07-24-2012, 05:40 PM

sinorice moss took 5. oh wait.... :)

titwio
07-24-2012, 06:09 PM
I want to see Jernigan turn into the legit weapon I know he's capable of becoming...I feel he could be better than Mario and for the people saying he's too small, he's 5lbs heavier than Mario, faster and stronger than many here think. I also get an impression that Gilbride likes him by the way he subtly mentions the competition for Manninghams replacement.

Rueben's size and frame though make him likely to be the guy with best opportunity but I'm not writing off JJ for the role yet. Can't wait till camp begins.

mcillo
07-24-2012, 06:23 PM
He hasnt dropped any because he's only seen a handful of throws his way since the dude cant get separation. Im not a hater, hell I really had high hopes for him when he got drafted with us, but on the real he makes Sinorice Moss look like Randy Moss The handful of throws is something I included - I looked at a handful of throws at Randle at LSU and he dropped a few nice balls - don`t think anyone should be calling him more surehanded then Barden. As far as the dude`s seperation - it`s quite over rated. When you`re 6 `6 and position yourself well it`s far more usefull then speed. Just ask Plax, or hell , you saw it all last year with our walk on TE that we wish we had back. That guy`s speed was about a Good Humor truck.

mcillo
07-24-2012, 06:30 PM
lol . . . Randle has yet to have a ball thrown to him in the NFL, and he is already "not a sure handed receiver"??? maybe you should read the original post, but based on LSU football, he`s had a few easy catches get away. Point was that someone refered to him as more surehanded than Barden - which is quite a stretch. If you want to say faster, I wouldn`t argue, but not more sure handed. Who can really say at this point.

Eliscruzzz
07-24-2012, 06:38 PM
maybe you should read the original post, but based on LSU football, he`s had a few easy catches get away. Point was that someone refered to him as more surehanded than Barden - which is quite a stretch. If you want to say faster, I wouldn`t argue, but not more sure handed. Who can really say at this point. How is it a stretch that I said RR is more sure handed then RB did you see the youtube video I showed you make it sound like he catches everything the fact every receiver has drop but it matters when and how you do it look at Barden drops either lead to a pick or was in the endzone I don't think your giving Randle that much credit for playing with a QB that threw ducks have the time and the other half he has to get used to lee's and the short passing game, no need to get your panties in a bundle. We just disagree with each other. Just remember who is throwing Barden the ball.

rainierjef
07-24-2012, 06:49 PM
If only he had speed. lol he should have enough to out run some linebackers; corners not so much lol

barran21
07-24-2012, 06:52 PM
If Barden doesn't shine this preseason he's all but done and the Spot will be given to Randle...

jomo
07-24-2012, 06:55 PM
If Barden doesn't shine this preseason he's all but done and the Spot will be given to Randle...If by some unexpected stroke, Barden pulls down #3, that would be huge because Hixon and Randle are better than him right now and it means that he elevated his game.

SUPERBOWL/BOUND/GIANTS
07-24-2012, 07:28 PM

Not much, other than the fact that he was hurt last year, and looks completely healthy now, I got to talk to him, he was in good spirits and he came off as if he was ready to take it to the next level, he seemed confident and acted almost like he had wanted to remain as a unknown threat, but ready.

buts we all know that basketball takes some skills that can transcend onto the football, using your body and size to box out and position your self for passes on the court.

RoanokeFan
07-24-2012, 07:28 PM
If by some unexpected stroke, Barden pulls down #3, that would be huge because Hixon and Randle are better than him right now and it means that he elevated his game.

I'm guessing you're not making any bets on Barden :cool:

jomo
07-24-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm guessing you're not making any bets on Barden :cool:Affirmative RF but I do feel good about Randle and Hixon. Even JJ could surprise and he is a much better ST player than Barden.............but Ramses sure is tall (red)(wink). I need to find the red ink lol.

Captain Chaos
07-24-2012, 08:12 PM
If by some unexpected stroke, Barden pulls down #3, that would be huge because Hixon and Randle are better than him right now and it means that he elevated his game.

Not to disagree, but I do how can Randel be better right now, he hasn't even played in a pre-season game? Randle is no burner either, I'm thinking he will have to work to win this job...

rainierjef
07-24-2012, 08:48 PM
i think barden has only been limited by injuries, with his off-time learning the play book its just a matter of applying the book to the field and getting in a grove with eli. he has the talent to create mismatches; we saw a glimpse of what he can do, granted it came against a dismal cowboys secondary but still it was something to see. good luck to the guy i hope he sticks

mcillo
07-24-2012, 08:55 PM
How is it a stretch that I said RR is more sure handed then RB did you see the youtube video I showed you make it sound like he catches everything the fact every receiver has drop but it matters when and how you do it look at Barden drops either lead to a pick or was in the endzone I don't think your giving Randle that much credit for playing with a QB that threw ducks have the time and the other half he has to get used to lee's and the short passing game, no need to get your panties in a bundle. We just disagree with each other. Just remember who is throwing Barden the ball. I`ve got to ask this, but are you the sports fan formerly known as " Young Giant " ? If no , then it`s a stretch based on no facts , experience or criteria. You have no data set to say one vs. the other. I say let them compete and may the best man win. As far as " ducks " go - I`ve seen a few here and there prior to the 2011 season - I think they roosted at the old Giants Stadium.

jomo
07-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Not to disagree, but I do how can Randel be better right now, he hasn't even played in a pre-season game? Randle is no burner either, I'm thinking he will have to work to win this job...I can say that about Randle because I have seen Barden play lol. Just having some fun with it. Barden has had 3 years and shown, shall we say, absolutely nothing. He couldn't even hold down a ST job in the second half of last season. That shows me a lack of toughness. Listen, I want everyone to excel because that makes us better but wouldn't you place a bet on Randle over Barden right now? Keepin' it light.:)

rainierjef
07-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Not to disagree, but I do how can Randel be better right now, he hasn't even played in a pre-season game? Randle is no burner either, I'm thinking he will have to work to win this job...

Randel can play all thre receiver positions, hes smart enough to know how to play the option, he might not be a speed guy but speed doesn't always make a better receiver. he to me is in the mold of hakeem nicks beats you with running great routes.

Eliscruzzz
07-24-2012, 09:11 PM
I`ve got to ask this, but are you the sports fan formerly known as " Young Giant " ? If no , then it`s a stretch based on no facts , experience or criteria. You have no data set to say one vs. the other. I say let them compete and may the best man win. As far as " ducks " go - I`ve seen a few here and there prior to the 2011 season - I think they roosted at the old Giants Stadium. I actually did give you a video of all of RB catches and non catches I'll give you one of RR too just to make you happy and no I'm not a "young Giant" I bet I've been a Giants fan longer then you have Not trying to argue with cause we rout for the same team so don't question my loyalty to the Giants cause I said I would rather have Randle. Your going to sit there and tell me that Eli threw more ducks then Jordan Jefferson? Get real man, but hey you gave some real hard core facts with Randle is not sure handed statement I gave as many stats as you gave mr. statman that's the problem with stat boys and fantasy football scum like you your all about stats so I'm sure you think Romo is better then Eli also. Your an effing joke man.

rainierjef
07-24-2012, 09:30 PM
new boards lets not start this. they are both good receivers, barden has the 1 up right now cause of his knowledge of the system and the play book, this is a good problem to have, we have depth. randle will get some opportunities during the season to shine and i think he will. if he flats out beat the comp for the 3rd receiver out of practice and pre season then thats great news. barden will still be used in situational circumstances.

Eliscruzzz
07-24-2012, 09:40 PM
new boards lets not start this. they are both good receivers, barden has the 1 up right now cause of his knowledge of the system and the play book, this is a good problem to have, we have depth. randle will get some opportunities during the season to shine and i think he will. if he flats out beat the comp for the 3rd receiver out of practice and preseason then that's great news. barden will still be used in situational circumstances. I agree I want the best guy to win the job too but I also would like to see Randle make it I made a statement that I think is accurate that RR does and is sure handed it's just mo and this me tells me to bring him facts for mo's I mean come man and attacks my loyalty to the Giants I've been a fan since 1983. I just find it funny that stats have to be put with opinionated statements I could see if I was trying to make factual statement but I'm not I also did look up for how many drop passes for both players couldn't find that stat anywhere. Sorry to put you through the BS i hate arguing with Giant fans cause they are my team too.

mcillo
07-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Note to self : Listen to Roanoke Fan`s advice

rainierjef
07-24-2012, 10:16 PM
I agree I want the best guy to win the job too but I also would like to see Randle make it I made a statement that I think is accurate that RR does and is sure handed it's just mo and this me tells me to bring him facts for mo's I mean come man and attacks my loyalty to the Giants I've been a fan since 1983. I just find it funny that stats have to be put with opinionated statements I could see if I was trying to make factual statement but I'm not I also did look up for how many drop passes for both players couldn't find that stat anywhere. Sorry to put you through the BS i hate arguing with Giant fans cause they are my team too.

welcom to GMB. there will be many that will rub you the wrong way on here, call you emotional or anything else to rile you up. some people are stuck in their ways. just take the high road; i like a good debate/argument like any other but its just a message board at the end of the day we all love the giants we all want one similar goal. beat the girls and the egirls who cares about the foreskins but beat them too.

Eliscruzzz
07-24-2012, 10:26 PM
welcom to GMB. there will be many that will rub you the wrong way on here, call you emotional or anything else to rile you up. some people are stuck in their ways. just take the high road; i like a good debate/argument like any other but its just a message board at the end of the day we all love the giants we all want one similar goal. beat the girls and the egirls who cares about the foreskins but beat them too.+1 I agree can't wait for the season to start

juice33s
07-24-2012, 11:27 PM
I also like Brandon Collins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88HV-Q9R8jw) as a darkhorse to knock Barden off the roster. Supposedly he impressed at mini camp:

"I think Brandon Collins has looked really, really impressive in practices. That has been fun to see, because I didn't know much about him," Gilbride said Thursday after mini-camp concluded. "I have seen better quickness than anything. That is what I have seen; great quickness, great speed; more quickness than speed. Good speed, great quickness, but also picking up the offense pretty quick."

He was kicked off of Texas as a sophomore for his involvement in an armed robbery

gmen0820
07-25-2012, 12:06 AM
It'll probably be Randle, but I hope it's Jernigan. Jernigan is just so explosive, if he can translate that to the pro game, we add a scary aspect to our offense. I tend to forget about him, but it'd be nice to see if his skills in that bowl game can translate to the NFL.

Barden, I've given up on him. Had high hopes for him when we drafted him, but he just couldn't keep me on his bandwagon -- especially when Nicks, Ham, and Smith were looking pretty good on '09 and '10.

MattyD21
07-25-2012, 01:02 AM
Highlights of:
Rueben Randle : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGQDY4BbBWU&feature=plcp ( thanks to http://www.youtube.com/user/NYGiantsCentral)

Ramses Barden : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Cq5YTOcQM&feature=plcp ( thanks to http://www.youtube.com/user/NYGiantsCentral)

Jerrel Jernigan : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDzmBNxDZn4 (highlights from GMAC Bowl)

Sorry in advance if not clickable

Eliscruzzz
07-25-2012, 01:23 AM
Highlights of:
Rueben Randle : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGQDY4BbBWU&feature=plcp ( thanks to http://www.youtube.com/user/NYGiantsCentral)

Ramses Barden : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Cq5YTOcQM&feature=plcp ( thanks to http://www.youtube.com/user/NYGiantsCentral)

Jerrel Jernigan : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDzmBNxDZn4 (highlights from GMAC Bowl)

Sorry in advance if not clickable Thanks this is what I tried to show my friend before but he wouldn't compare the film

titwio
07-25-2012, 01:30 AM
Sorry in advance if not clickable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGQDY4BbBWU&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Cq5YTOcQM&feature=plcp

titwio
07-25-2012, 01:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDzmBNxDZn4

jomo
07-25-2012, 08:55 AM
It'll probably be Randle, but I hope it's Jernigan. Jernigan is just so explosive, if he can translate that to the pro game, we add a scary aspect to our offense. I tend to forget about him, but it'd be nice to see if his skills in that bowl game can translate to the NFL.

Barden, I've given up on him. Had high hopes for him when we drafted him, but he just couldn't keep me on his bandwagon -- especially when Nicks, Ham, and Smith were looking pretty good on '09 and '10.This is true regarding Jernigan. I also think that guys from small schools like Troy (where Jernigan went) were especially hurt by last year's short training camp. Go Blue!

GiantVibes
07-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Best man for the job clearly is the best option, but aside from that I'd like to see what JJ is capable of. 3rd round picks should see the field eventually.

Sovereign
07-25-2012, 11:58 PM
It's not going to be Randle. How many first year WR's in Gilbride's offense do anything? Only Nicks and he "only" managed 700 yards. And he was described as a great route runner with great polish. R282 needs route running work. He won't come out of the gate. Maybe after the bye he'll be the 3rd WR but I doubt before.

It'll be Hixon until injury occurs. Then maybe Barden. JJ12 is a slot guy so it'll be tough to get him in the mix since Cruz claimed it for his own.