PDA

View Full Version : Shianco to the Pats??!!

redbeardxxv
07-24-2012, 08:54 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/24/patriots-sign-visanthe-shiancoe/

S (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/24/patriots-sign-visanthe-shiancoe/)hianco signed with the Pats- seems like a team full of TE's.... now the Eagles may have to settle on Shockey.... Wow.. former GIANTS TE's are a hot commodity today..

***oops.... meant to put this in GENERAL SPORTS, not SMACK TALK..

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-24-2012, 10:05 PM
How is possible that they have Gronk, Aaron, Shiancoe, and Ballard?

Something must be up

gmen0820
07-25-2012, 12:00 AM
They still only have two starting TEs.

GMENAGAIN
07-25-2012, 07:42 AM
How is possible that they have Gronk, Aaron, Shiancoe, and Ballard?

Something must be up
Well, Ballard is probably not going to play this year and Schiancoe signed only a one year deal. So it looks like they have two starting TE's and a quality backup for this year.

I would have liked for us to get Schiancoe for $400K guaranteed. Good veteran insurance in case of an injury.

SweetZombieJesus
07-25-2012, 01:13 PM
When they signed Ballard I figured it was insurance for the day when they can't afford to keep Gronk & Hernandez at once. Shaincoe is insurance for this year.

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Well, Ballard is probably not going to play this year and Schiancoe signed only a one year deal. So it looks like they have two starting TE's and a quality backup for this year.

I would have liked for us to get Schiancoe for $400K guaranteed. Good veteran insurance in case of an injury.

Good point; then the whole Ballard thing was weird to me still if they only signed him for 1 year.

Toadofsteel
07-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Most pats fans seem to think that Hernandez will be converted to a wideout to replace the aging Welker. If either that happens or he's a cap casualty, Ballard would step in as TE 2 in 2013. Belicheck is not one to let butthurt guide his roster decisions. And since he's really stacking up at TE, I can't see his plan as something to spite the Giants. If he *really* wanted to do that, he'd try and lure Mike Pope away from the Giants instead of any of the TE's he's developed over the ages..

PS: I for one hope the Eagles pick up Shockey. All the locker room destabilization, none of the talent now with his age... he'd probably end up in a fight with Vick before the end of the season...

moo
07-25-2012, 11:54 PM
The Pats' offense is centred around their TEs. There's nothing up at all.

derekunion28
07-28-2012, 07:20 PM
yeah whats up with that pats really gona ride this te thing