PDA

View Full Version : Why delete threads?

flamethrower
07-25-2012, 03:02 AM
Baldy came here to exchange smack. I understand the banning. But, why delete his threads? They were actually pretty funny.

gmen0820
07-25-2012, 03:07 AM
Smack talk, and disrespectful idiocracy are two different things. If you want a tangible reason, he was misspelling profanities to evade the filter.

I honestly don't care either way, but there are rules that will be enforced.

flamethrower
07-25-2012, 03:19 AM
Not saying that he was wrong. But, what he did was bring smack here. Well I guess I can leave. Because you just verified that my opinion of the New Jersey Giants message board has not changed. And Yes they play in New Jersey. And have since 1976. My avatar shows what their helmet should look like. They have nothing at all to do with New York state, or New York City. Except for Victory parades. And, 1975 was a long long long long time ago.
Oh and banning me will prove my point. I stopped posting here in the past. And, will no longer post here.

GMENAGAIN
07-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Baldy came here to exchange smack. I understand the banning. But, why delete his threads? They were actually pretty funny.
You thought that his jokes about Aurora were funny?

It's mind-boggling that anyone would think that idiot's posts were "funny" . . . . .

tonyt830
07-25-2012, 09:40 AM
You thought that his jokes about Aurora were funny?

It's mind-boggling that anyone would think that idiot's posts were "funny" . . . . .agreed GMENAGAIN, that former poster was classless in his posts regarding the shooting victims. Now someone like giggles had some funny posts, not classless.

That baldy guy, whatever his name was came in and tried to talk smack, but just spewed ignorance. He purposely was avoiding the profanity filter and had nothing to substantiate his "smack" talk.

tonyt830
07-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Not saying that he was wrong. But, what he did was bring smack here. Well I guess I can leave. Because you just verified that my opinion of the New Jersey Giants message board has not changed. And Yes they play in New Jersey. And have since 1976. My avatar shows what their helmet should look like. They have nothing at all to do with New York state, or New York City. Except for Victory parades. And, 1975 was a long long long long time ago.
Oh and banning me will prove my point. I stopped posting here in the past. And, will no longer post here.Hey its America, if you dont want to post, none of us will make you post. Thats your choice---personally I didnt care for some of that guys comments. He made a joke about a mass shooting where people died? Then all he did was spew ignorance and profanity and had nothing to back up what you call his smack talk.

Maybe you can find another messageboard that is ok with that type of poster---maybe you can go to the Titans messagboard and go debate with that Titans fan that tried to talk smack in here. What was his name? Bobby D or something like that?

By the way there are other sports teams that don't play in the city associated with their names--Cowboys, Bills, Jets, Wizards, Redskins, Coyotes, the Rays, Pistons, and lets not forget the whole Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. They are suburbs I know.

I'm from Jersey originally, and dont care if they are called the NY or NJ Giants--they are called the 4 time Superbowl Champs and 8 time overall world champs.

GMENAGAIN
07-25-2012, 10:02 AM
agreed GMENAGAIN, that former poster was classless in his posts regarding the shooting victims. Now someone like giggles had some funny posts, not classless.

That baldy guy, whatever his name was came in and tried to talk smack, but just spewed ignorance. He purposely was avoiding the profanity filter and had nothing to substantiate his "smack" talk.
Yup . . . IMO the guy was just testing how long it would take him to get banned . . . .

SweetZombieJesus
07-25-2012, 01:07 PM

If you want sewage, you can get it on R&R on the Egghole boards, but of course you already know that, Texican fan.

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Some of the stuff was funny, other stuff were pathetic. Other than that, I don't really care

joemorrisforprez
07-25-2012, 01:15 PM
I like Baldy....but at the same time, there are certain lines that shouldn't be crossed.

I didn't originally catch his comment about the Aurora shooting until a couple other people mentioned it. That's the type of comment that the mods are going to put the hammer down on. I can understand why.

I'd like to see the Smack Talk forum allow for non-Giants fans to come in and stir things up, but without crossing certain lines of decency. There is a difference between insults and a good ribbing.

joemorrisforprez
07-25-2012, 01:16 PM
If you want sewage, you can get it on R&R on the Egghole boards, but of course you already know that, Texican fan.

For what it's worth, Baldy has been banned by the Eagles mods as well from time to time.

And the comment about Aurora would not have flown over there, either.

As far as Flamethrower is concerned.....he's "taken his ball and gone home" so many times I've lost count.....not only here, but on the Eagles board as well.

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-25-2012, 01:18 PM
I like Baldy....but at the same time, there are certain lines that shouldn't be crossed.

I didn't originally catch his comment about the Aurora shooting until a couple other people mentioned it. That's the type of comment that the mods are going to put the hammer down on. I can understand why.

I'd like to see the Smack Talk forum allow for non-Giants fans to come in and stir things up, but without crossing certain lines of decency. There is a difference between insults and a good ribbing.

Sarcasm, banter, it's all pretty good to me

sharick88
07-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Personally, I would have preferred that he stuck around. Making that guy my ***** was actually fun. Well at least he has the EMB to fall back on. He accomplished his mission, which was to get banned ASAP. Now he can back there and brag about it

joemorrisforprez
07-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Personally, I would have preferred that he stuck around. Making that guy my ***** was actually fun. Well at least he has the EMB to fall back on. He accomplished his mission, which was to get banned ASAP. Now he can back there and brag about it

Frankly, I'd like to see more Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins fans on Smack Talk. Either that, or shut it down.

However, I agree.....that was a kamikaze mission. Which is too bad, because Baldy is alot better than that.

sharick88
07-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Frankly, I'd like to see more Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins fans on Smack Talk. Either that, or shut it down.

However, I agree.....that was a kamikaze mission. Which is too bad, because Baldy is alot better than that.

Honestly, I agree with you 100%. It's a smack talk forum for a reason. It can't operate properly without fans from other teams.

Die-Hard
07-25-2012, 05:26 PM
The problem we keep running into, especially from Eagles fans, is that they cant/don't talk football smack. Its all personal attacks, and most fo the time, its way over the line, like that moron who was banned yesterday. Maybe the Eagles board tolerates that kind of crap, but we don't. Again, football smack is fine. Blatant scumbaggery is not. I'd welcome fans of other teams here to run some smack about the games, but thats not what ends up happening.

Its why the Giants organization has been, and will always be, above the Eagles in every possible way.

joemorrisforprez
07-25-2012, 06:53 PM
The problem we keep running into, especially from Eagles fans, is that they cant/don't talk football smack. Its all personal attacks, and most fo the time, its way over the line, like that moron who was banned yesterday. Maybe the Eagles board tolerates that kind of crap, but we don't. Again, football smack is fine. Blatant scumbaggery is not. I'd welcome fans of other teams here to run some smack about the games, but thats not what ends up happening.

Its why the Giants organization has been, and will always be, above the Eagles in every possible way.

Baldy's not a bad guy. I hope he is unbanned, because he's a decent dude. He just crossed a line.

Frankly, I think a warning might help keep people in line, instead of an outright ban. Then, maybe some older fans could help self-moderate the forums.

Instead, we keep getting one-and-dones.

I'm speaking as someone who has been posting on this board since 2003. I've also been posting on the Eagles Board since 2005....and I haven't gotten a single warning from an Eagles Mod.

Die-Hard
07-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Coming in here and going around the profanity filter over and over from the very beginning, making pathetic remarks about the Aurora shootings, and blatantly attacking other posters without provocation of any kind...

Yeah, lets let him back in. He can't be a bad guy

The 'one and done' policy, as you called it, has been in place for some time now, and it was created specifically for guys like "Baldy". Anyone with half a brain knows you can't come into an official team forum, act like a complete idiot, and expect to be permitted to stick around. If thats how they do it on the Eagles board, then thats where he belongs, along with anyone else who can't control how stupid they allow themselves to act. Warnings, for the most part, rarely work in these kinds of cases. They just come back with an even greater level of stupidity and appear to take a serious amount of pride in it.

I'm not even sure how anyone could defend him, but to each his own. He'll never be unbanned, however, so let that one go.

joemorrisforprez
07-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Coming in here and going around the profanity filter over and over from the very beginning, making pathetic remarks about the Aurora shootings, and blatantly attacking other posters without provocation of any kind...

Yeah, lets let him back in. He can't be a bad guy

The 'one and done' policy, as you called it, has been in place for some time now, and it was created specifically for guys like "Baldy". Anyone with half a brain knows you can't come into an official team forum, act like a complete idiot, and expect to be permitted to stick around. If thats how they do it on the Eagles board, then thats where he belongs, along with anyone else who can't control how stupid they allow themselves to act. Warnings, for the most part, rarely work in these kinds of cases. They just come back with an even greater level of stupidity and appear to take a serious amount of pride in it.

I'm not even sure how anyone could defend him, but to each his own. He'll never be unbanned, however, so let that one go.

I'm not going to defend his comments

However, the Smack Talk Section is 99% Giants fans right now. So, I'll let the numbers do the talking.

That's all I've got to say on this subject.

derekunion28
07-25-2012, 08:54 PM
yeah they should be the nj giants guess u dont know there history and all the places they played at ...i dont or wont condone any of that stupid post stuff about any 911 or massacre or sad happpening in the usa i lost many family memebers from stuff and 911 it isnt a joke...people that joke about has not lost a friend or family member to it... he should try that garbage on the denver forums..... u guys remeber the people that tryed that on our site guys were quick to hack get there names adresss even posted there telephone numbers....trust me dont pisss of giants fans...or you will be calling guys back on the phone applogizing....

Die-Hard
07-25-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm not going to defend his comments

However, the Smack Talk Section is 99% Giants fans right now. So, I'll let the numbers do the talking.

That's all I've got to say on this subject.

Its not our fault that most opposing fans aren't capable of talking football smack. They'd rather get personal, and in the relatively short time I've been moderating this place, those personal attacks always escalate into something far worse than what they started off being, and none of us have the time or the inclination to sit around and wait for the next inevitable meltdown. Cleaning up the mess is not worth the trouble.

If you need someone to blame, look no further than the people on the Eagles board that were probably banned from here for doing just that. I wasn't around for any of it, but I'd wager that things probably got very out of hand, considering the level of intolerance that we now use as a guideline for personal attacks.

Its a shame. I agree that having opposing fans around would keep things interesting. Its just too bad that so few of them are capable of staying in line.

FBomb
07-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Oh and banning me will prove my point. I stopped posting here in the past. And, will no longer post here.

What he means to say is: "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

FBomb
07-25-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm not getting the defenders of "Baldy". The only way he's "funny" is if you are laughing at how pathetic and sad it is that someone with his obvious special needs isn't better supervised. Someone must have left the media room door unlocked at the middle school.

Either way, good riddance.

giants8493
07-25-2012, 11:42 PM
What he means to say is: "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Way to be a ****.

FBomb
07-25-2012, 11:47 PM
Way to be a ****.

Thank you!!

flamethrower
07-26-2012, 05:01 AM
yeah they should be the nj giants guess u dont know there history and all the places they played at ...i dont or wont condone any of that stupid post stuff about any 911 or massacre or sad happpening in the usa i lost many family memebers from stuff and 911 it isnt a joke...people that joke about has not lost a friend or family member to it... he should try that garbage on the denver forums..... u guys remeber the people that tryed that on our site guys were quick to hack get there names adresss even posted there telephone numbers....trust me dont pisss of giants fans...or you will be calling guys back on the phone applogizing....

Let's see. Nowhere did I make a joke about Sept 11. Nor would I ever do that.
And I do know the Giants history. I know that Since 1976 they have Fraudulently claimed New York State/City. Yet play in the State of New Jersey. You respect the City that you play in. If you don't like the City. You respect the State that you play in.
And seeing that you fools can't understand this.
Let's look at all New York city/ New Jersey teams, and Call them by their original names.
MLB Baseball
AL New York Yankees. Nope by the logic that the Giants are Bogusly in New York. They are the Baltimore Orioles. 1900-1902 they were
NHL New Jersey Devils. Nope by the stupid Logic. Kansas City Scouts.
NBA Brooklyn Nets. Nope New Jersey Nets
Can I find a Soccer Team? Yes I can. New York Red Bulls. Don't they play in New Jersey also? Yes they do.
And they don't have a Metropolitan area leader. I have never heard of one. I don't resided in the City of Dallas. Even thou the Cowgirls want the world to think they do. I resided in Arlington Texas. Along with The Cowgirls.
And don't think I forgot about the New Jersey Jets.
I know more than 2 Syllable words are brain strainers. Unless someone can show me a real map of the United States that shows East Rutherford in New York State, or Shows only 49 States, and shows a 49 star United States flag. You folks have no point at all. Because 1975 was so long long long long long long long long long ago. In fact almost 40 years ago.

tonyt830
07-26-2012, 07:08 AM
And I do know the Giants history. I know that Since 1976 they have Fraudulently claimed New York State/City. Yet play in the State of New Jersey. You respect the City that you play in. If you don't like the City. You respect the State that you play in.
Let's look at all New York city/ New Jersey teams, and Call them by their original names.
MLB Baseball
AL New York Yankees. Nope by the logic that the Giants are Bogusly in New York. They are the Baltimore Orioles. 1900-1902 they were
Can I find a Soccer Team? Yes I can. New York Red Bulls. Don't they play in New Jersey also? Yes they do.
And they don't have a Metropolitan area leader. I have never heard of one. I don't resided in the City of Dallas. Even thou the Cowgirls want the world to think they do. I resided in Arlington Texas. Along with The Cowgirls.
I know more than 2 Syllable words are brain strainers. Unless someone can show me a real map of the United States that shows East Rutherford in New York State, or Shows only 49 States, and shows a 49 star United States flag. You folks have no point at all. Because 1975 was so long long long long long long long long long ago. In fact almost 40 years ago.You have a real hard-on for the names of the cities attached to sports teams don't you? I mean you are a Texans fan right? You do know that the original Texans(Dallas) are now the Kansas City Chiefs. Does that anger you that your expansion team in Houston took the name of a former franchise that left the state of Texas? Does it anger you that the Oilers left Houston and have moved on to Tennessee and change their name to the Titans(another name of a former AFL team, now called the Jets)?

If you are a true fan of a team, whether its the Giants, jets, Cowboys, Bills, Lions(used to play in Pontiac MI), DC Area teams, Coyotes, Rays, Devils, Nets, Red Bulls, Pistons---does it matter that much what city that particular team plays in even if it is a suburb of said city? I just dont get it? Why does it bother you that much? Most teams are near a big metropolitan area anyway. I don't think geography, maps, and stars on a flag have anything to do with how a football team is run, nor how it is represented by a fanbase.

Have you ever thought of writing to these teams presidents/CEOs you mentioned, and ask why they don't change their names to the cities they actually play in? I wonder what their replies would be to you. Lets just enjoy rooting for our teams regardless of what city they play in. By the way, if the Texans did not play in Houston, but instead played in a suburb, and still used Houston in their name, would you still feel the same way?

Die-Hard
07-26-2012, 07:49 AM

Ahem...broke your promise already...

joemorrisforprez
07-26-2012, 12:48 PM
This board is a great way to get the latest information on the NY Giants, and I'm happy with the new upgrade....it looks great.

I'm hoping anyone reading this takes this as constructive criticism from a long time poster, because that is the intent.

Right now, the "Smack Talk" forum seems to be pretty useless, since the overwhelming majority of NFL Fans cannot handle themselves within the rules of behaviour, and the only corrective action options appear to be lifetime bans.

Personally, I think warnings would be very helpful.....or, if needed, one or two week bans.....but it seems like the only option is to get the death penalty for any offense. I can understand lifetime bans for posters who repeatedly break the rules. But a quick warning, or a one week suspension might send the proper message. I'd imagine the majority of people receiving a warning or short suspension would get the message.

Again, I'm not defending some of the things that are said here. And for the 5th time, I'm not going to defend Baldy......I told him directly that I thought he was foolish to do what he did. I'm done talking about Baldy, so I really don't want my comments to be misconstrued into a defense of him, because I'm talking in a much more general sense.

My comments are concerning what the mods expect from this (Smack Talk) forum, and the best practices to get there.

Because right now, as it stands, it's basically a one way street now.....Giants fans "talking smack" about other teams, and getting crickets in response. And that's pretty embarrassing, if you ask me.

Hopefully that will change during the season....we'll get some opposing fans coming in and mixing it up.

I visit a few boards, including the Eagles boards. I don't want the Giants board to be the Eagles board. However, I can tell you that the mods over there hand out warnings as well as bans, and it checks behaviour effectively. And I catch alot of heat from Eagles and Cowboys fans telling me "my board" (e.g., the Giants Board) banned them for life for seemingly minor infractions. Now, they might be giving me total BS, I have no clue. I'm just stating what I've picked up from other fans.

There are alot of funny people that love to talk football that can't do it on the Giants forum because they stepped over the line ONCE. How many posters here have been perfect 100% of the time? I know I haven't.

This new board looks great......Giants fans have thick skins, and great senses of humor. I'm not expecting the mods to allow offensive remarks to slide. I'm just saying that this board, including the Smack Talk section, could become the best board in the NFL.

FBomb
07-26-2012, 01:34 PM
MLB Baseball
I know more than 2 Syllable words are brain strainers. Unless someone can show me a real map of the United States that shows East Rutherford in New York State, or Shows only 49 States, and shows a 49 star United States flag. You folks have no point at all. Because 1975 was so long long long long long long long long long ago. In fact almost 40 years ago.

The point you continue to miss is that no one cares about this but you.

It's a game. Taking the fact that some teams home stadium doesn't reflect in thier name so seriously is a sign of mental distress, imho. OR, it could be that you're smack talk ability leaves a lot to be desired. Your arguement has no bearing on anything.....it's just weak.

And for the record......that part of NJ is considered in the NY Metropolitan Area. So, not only is your smack talk lame.....it's also wrong.

Come back when you have a point worth arguing about.

FBomb
07-26-2012, 01:43 PM
This board is a great way to get the latest information on the NY Giants, and I'm happy with the new upgrade....it looks great.

I'm hoping anyone reading this takes this as constructive criticism from a long time poster, because that is the intent.

Right now, the "Smack Talk" forum seems to be pretty useless, since the overwhelming majority of NFL Fans cannot handle themselves within the rules of behaviour, and the only corrective action options appear to be lifetime bans.

Personally, I think warnings would be very helpful.....or, if needed, one or two week bans.....but it seems like the only option is to get the death penalty for any offense. I can understand lifetime bans for posters who repeatedly break the rules. But a quick warning, or a one week suspension might send the proper message. I'd imagine the majority of people receiving a warning or short suspension would get the message.

Again, I'm not defending some of the things that are said here. And for the 5th time, I'm not going to defend Baldy......I told him directly that I thought he was foolish to do what he did. I'm done talking about Baldy, so I really don't want my comments to be misconstrued into a defense of him, because I'm talking in a much more general sense.

My comments are concerning what the mods expect from this (Smack Talk) forum, and the best practices to get there.

Because right now, as it stands, it's basically a one way street now.....Giants fans "talking smack" about other teams, and getting crickets in response. And that's pretty embarrassing, if you ask me.

Hopefully that will change during the season....we'll get some opposing fans coming in and mixing it up.

I visit a few boards, including the Eagles boards. I don't want the Giants board to be the Eagles board. However, I can tell you that the mods over there hand out warnings as well as bans, and it checks behaviour effectively. And I catch alot of heat from Eagles and Cowboys fans telling me "my board" (e.g., the Giants Board) banned them for life for seemingly minor infractions. Now, they might be giving me total BS, I have no clue. I'm just stating what I've picked up from other fans.

There are alot of funny people that love to talk football that can't do it on the Giants forum because they stepped over the line ONCE. How many posters here have been perfect 100% of the time? I know I haven't.

This new board looks great......Giants fans have thick skins, and great senses of humor. I'm not expecting the mods to allow offensive remarks to slide. I'm just saying that this board, including the Smack Talk section, could become the best board in the NFL.

To be honest, I have gotten the exact opposite impression about other teams boards. I feel our mods are the most liberal when it comes to smack talk. I've been banned from sites for just posting "Ha Ha"....... Baldy got banned because he violated numerous POSTED rules of the message board......and he did it SEVERAL times in SEVERAL posts.

Once the regular seasonn starts, I'm sure this portion of our boards will liven up.....but I fully support out mods when it comes to crossing the line.

Die-Hard
07-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Make no mistake. Many people were given repeated warnings, both directly, and in pinned threads. When someone comes in here acting like a complete tool from the get go, and with no regard for the rules(which they agreed to abide by when they registered), they don't deserve a warning, and will not get one. This is the problem we frequently encounter with opposing fans. They don't understand that we can't allow disgusting, profane content. Its a football message board, where football is the focus. If someone wants non-stop personal attack trash talk, there are plenty of other options. Google is a good place to start the search. I've never been to the Eagles' board, nor do I want to go there, but from what I've heard, it sounds like their fans are running the show, which speaks volumes about the kind of content they must be allowing.

The Giants' Front Office wants the board to be suitable for all audiences. They own them, they paid for them, and they entrust us to keep things in check. The forum description clearly states FOOTBALL SMACK, and anyone who can't respect that doesn't need to be here. Not every opposing fan who was banned was hit without warning. I've banned a grand total of 4 people since I've been here, and 2 of them were Giants fans who were warned at least half a dozen times for bad behavior. For some people, warnings are just a speed bump that only slow them down temporarily, and they get right back up to speed when they return. In that case, our hands are tied, and they're eventually gone for good.

joemorrisforprez
07-26-2012, 02:10 PM
To be honest, I have gotten the exact opposite impression about other teams boards. I feel our mods are the most liberal when it comes to smack talk. I've been banned from sites for just posting "Ha Ha"....... Baldy got banned because he violated numerous POSTED rules of the message board......and he did it SEVERAL times in SEVERAL posts.

Once the regular seasonn starts, I'm sure this portion of our boards will liven up.....but I fully support out mods when it comes to crossing the line.

I told him that was a suicide run....I don't want to use him as an example by any stretch.

joemorrisforprez
07-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Make no mistake. Many people were given repeated warnings, both directly, and in pinned threads. When someone comes in here acting like a complete tool from the get go, and with no regard for the rules(which they agreed to abide by when they registered), they don't deserve a warning, and will not get one. This is the problem we frequently encounter with opposing fans. They don't understand that we can't allow disgusting, profane content. Its a football message board, where football is the focus. If someone wants non-stop personal attack trash talk, there are plenty of other options. Google is a good place to start the search. I've never been to the Eagles' board, nor do I want to go there, but from what I've heard, it sounds like their fans are running the show, which speaks volumes about the kind of content they must be allowing.

The Giants' Front Office wants the board to be suitable for all audiences. They own them, they paid for them, and they entrust us to keep things in check. The forum description clearly states FOOTBALL SMACK, and anyone who can't respect that doesn't need to be here. Not every opposing fan who was banned was hit without warning. I've banned a grand total of 4 people since I've been here, and 2 of them were Giants fans who were warned at least half a dozen times for bad behavior. For some people, warnings are just a speed bump that only slow them down temporarily, and they get right back up to speed when they return. In that case, our hands are tied, and they're eventually gone for good.

If posters are receiving warnings, then I can understand if they are banned if those warnings are disregarded.