PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Collins UDFA Will make the Giants

juice33s
07-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Highlights

S (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88HV-Q9R8jw)upposedly he really impressed at OTA's so it should be interesting to see if he can carry that momentum in to training camp:

"I think Brandon Collins has looked really, really impressive in practices. That has been fun to see, because I didn't know much about him," Gilbride said Thursday after mini-camp concluded. "I have seen better quickness than anything. That is what I have seen; great quickness, great speed; more quickness than speed. Good speed, great quickness, but also picking up the offense pretty quick."

Note:Collins (5'11" 180lbs, was kicked off of Texas as a Sophomore for his involvement in an armed robbery)

juice33s
07-25-2012, 11:24 AM
He'll probably enter training camp 7th on the depth chart behind Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Randle, Barden and Jernigan
So I think it will probably either come down to him or Barden

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-25-2012, 11:33 AM
I'd like to see what he's about. There's a lot of depth at that position right now so he really needs to battle hard.

Jppallday
07-25-2012, 12:20 PM
I think it's going to be Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Jernigan, Hixon, Barden, and how about Dan Depalma. Heard nothing but good things about him during the playoff run from the players

Toadofsteel
07-25-2012, 12:26 PM
I think Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Randle, Jernigan, DePalma, Collins. Barden is out. The order of Hixon, Randle, and Jernigan can be shuffled up real fast though...

juice33s
07-25-2012, 12:47 PM
I think it's going to be Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Jernigan, Hixon, Barden, and how about Dan Depalma. Heard nothing but good things about him during the playoff run from the players
It does look like he brings something to the table special teams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6cqn-4AiMk)wise which I don't think either Collins or Barden can match and usually thats what it takes to make the team when you're low on the depth chart.

Admittedly I haven't seen much of Depalma till about five minutes ago, but I like what I see (stronger then Collins, faster then Barden).

Eitherway it appears Barden's free ride is over. If either of these guys flash in the pre season Barden will most likely be shown the door

Jppallday
07-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Could not agree more. With the pick the Giants used on him, and his production up to this point, the Giants organization owe Barden nothing, and will earn his spot if he stays

titwio
07-25-2012, 02:03 PM
I read up Collins a while ago and found out he recorded a 45 inch vertical at his pro day. That is completely insane...That's 2 inches more than Calvin Johnson's insane number.

rainierjef
07-25-2012, 04:17 PM
personally i think the only guarntees are jerrnigan, nicks, cruz , randle. hixon and barden can lose their jobs. so he had a good chance; 5'11 - 6'0-6'1 in cleets 4:39 40 and a 45 inch vert. if he can get this playbook down, and be productive on special teams i think he makes it.

Jahh
07-25-2012, 04:17 PM
I'd like to see what he's about. There's a lot of depth at that position right now so he really needs to battle hard.

It feels like we have depth but without Nicks or Cruz and I'm feeling a little worried.

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-25-2012, 04:20 PM
It feels like we have depth but without Nicks or Cruz and I'm feeling a little worried.

Just worried because our running game is unknown.

If our running game was like 07-08, I'd be 100% okay

Captain Chaos
07-25-2012, 06:29 PM
personally i think the only guarntees are jerrnigan, nicks, cruz , randle. hixon and barden can lose their jobs. so he had a good chance; 5'11 - 6'0-6'1 in cleets 4:39 40 and a 45 inch vert. if he can get this playbook down, and be productive on special teams i think he makes it.

With those numbers if I were Jernigan I would be getting worried, speed and leaping ability...

derekunion28
07-25-2012, 06:55 PM
i know nothing about this dude butt robberey

Robz
07-25-2012, 08:32 PM

i think hixon is really gonna win that 3 spot, with randle still learning the playbook.

Sovereign
07-25-2012, 11:10 PM

Lol Hixon is a guaranteed stay.

rainierjef
07-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Lol Hixon is a guaranteed stay.
Two acl tears? he is not guaranteed a spot. if tuelly, collins or depalma can provide to be better receivers or returners including hosley who can take on that job with jernnigan. i have doubts hixon makes the cut, i like the guy, good character good player i want him to make it but the odds are against him this time around.

dannyboomboom1
07-26-2012, 11:33 AM
I think Dan DePalma has a much better chance of making the team then Collins. Am routing for Dan too.

JesseJames
07-26-2012, 05:30 PM
He'll probably enter training camp 7th on the depth chart behind Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Randle, Barden and Jernigan
So I think it will probably either come down to him or Barden

at this point in time Collins might not have to show too much to beat out Barden and I had high hopes for Barden at one time but you only get so many chances to show what you have and his might be gone now