PDA

View Full Version : Madden '13

ELIte4MVP
07-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Has anyone been following the new features in this game? I was just curious if anyone was excited about the release of this game. I think the reason i can live with buying madden from year to year is i never have high expectations, and just enjoy it for entertainment purposes. It seems that people complain too much about it, and don't take it at face value: it's a game.

But I digress. I personally am very excited by connected careers, as i greatly enjoy doing a superstar, but after a few seasons get tired of it and switch to franchise, then get tired of that, and switch back. This allows you to stay in one "league" if you will, and hop in and out of modes within the same league. This honestly is perfect for me, so i am extremely excited for the mode. A lot of people are upset about it, but was curious if there are any madden fans or players that would jump in the convo. Also, i played the NCAA demo and they finally fixed the passing trajectories and the intercepting jumping 20 feet linebackers, and the corners jumping routes without turning around. This is going to be the same in Madden, so i am excited for that. Also, it seems like scouting and free agency will be much more like the game Head Coach, which is very exciting.

Any takers?

Giantz4Life
07-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I do not mind paying for the new annual Madden simply because I really do not buy or play any other games. People always complain about it saying it is the same game as the previous year, but I think that's lame since no one is forcing them to buy it.

I am definitely excited to see what this Madden offers.

I primarily play Madden Ultimate Team which is a sub-game within the game itself. You collect cards of players, and then you get to use them in the game to build your 'ultimate' team. It features many legends of the NFL such as Barry Sanders, John Elway, Jerry Rice, etc. and this year they are adding a bunch of new legends. If you pre-order the game from certain sites such as Amazon or GameStop you get certain players and coaches with the game. They came out with the Rookie cards for this year, so I have already played with our own David Wilson in Madden 12.

I can't wait to see the ratings for the Giants. Eli has consistently gotten screwed over in ratings in past Maddens, but this year I believe he will be a 95-96 overall. The Giants should be one of the better teams in the game, which makes me happy. Nicks and Cruz are going to be beasts!

ELIte4MVP
07-26-2012, 08:08 PM
I agree that the ratings will definitely be better. I believe after the superbowl Eli was a 93 or 94, which is fine by me. The only problem is this year they will not let you edit players, so we are stuck with crappy ratings, but thats not a huge dealbreaker for me, that just makes you play harder. Also, its awesome that they got rid of potential, so depending on your system and how hard you work a player/how well they do solely affects the players progression

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-26-2012, 08:19 PM
I only buy NHL and Madden games, and smetimes NBA for FIFA, so I don't mind spending money on Madden every year.

I can;t wait for it, and I'm hoping we can discuss custom sliders for difficulty as we go.

All -pro is usually too easy while All-madden is just way too difficult.

ELIte4MVP
07-26-2012, 08:25 PM
I only buy NHL and Madden games, and smetimes NBA for FIFA, so I don't mind spending money on Madden every year.

I can;t wait for it, and I'm hoping we can discuss custom sliders for difficulty as we go.

I completely agree. I liked the idea they had with the custom difficulty a few years ago, but it just was not practical. I honestly just want them to come out with a "realistic" difficulty. Because all-pro is probably the most realistic, but you can definitely get away with some plays that you should not. However, all-madden, even with the best o-line you get about 2 seconds to throw the ball, your best wide receivers drop easy catches, and the defense is way too good at intercepting passes. I just want it to be real, even if i lose every game, i don't want plays where i say that is stupid or would never happen. It seems that they make all-madden more "difficult" by just making it stupidly unrealistic: see nicks dropping 5 passes a game

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-26-2012, 08:27 PM
I completely agree. I liked the idea they had with the custom difficulty a few years ago, but it just was not practical. I honestly just want them to come out with a "realistic" difficulty. Because all-pro is probably the most realistic, but you can definitely get away with some plays that you should not. However, all-madden, even with the best o-line you get about 2 seconds to throw the ball, your best wide receivers drop easy catches, and the defense is way too good at intercepting passes. I just want it to be real, even if i lose every game, i don't want plays where i say that is stupid or would never happen. It seems that they make all-madden more "difficult" by just making it stupidly unrealistic: see nicks dropping 5 passes a game

I thought all-pro was way too easy though. On offense I would sometimes score points, but on defense it was way too easy IMO.

ELIte4MVP
07-26-2012, 08:30 PM
I thought all-pro was way too easy though. On offense I would sometimes score points, but on defense it was way too easy IMO.

I do agree with that, but if i were to pick one over the other i would pick all-pro just because they lack of realism in all-madden is way too frustrating. I like to keep my sliders very close to all-madden, but just knock it down a little, especially in wr catching and pass-blocking. everything else i usually keep the same or close to the same as all-madden

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-26-2012, 08:31 PM
Yes, same here. I went online and tried out a few custom sliders available by others online.

Maybe here we can share which ones we think are good, considering we both feel the same way with the sliders

ELIte4MVP
07-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Yes, same here. I went online and tried out a few custom sliders available by others online.

Maybe here we can share which ones we think are good, considering we both feel the same way with the sliders

I never tried online sliders, and i am totally game for sharing what we are using with other members here

Giantz4Life
07-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Do you guys primarily play online versus random opponents or versus the AI computer?

I rarely play vs. the computer.

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-26-2012, 09:42 PM
I hate online only because it lags a lot :/

Giantz4Life
07-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Hm that's strange. Mine does occasionally, but it is very rare.

I think the reason why I love playing online is the trash talking. I never instigate it, but if someone has a mic and they start talking ish, I love making them eat their words.

ELIte4MVP
07-26-2012, 09:58 PM
i never play online. idk why, but i always just love building the team up or doing superstar more than i enjoy playing 1 on 1

jax5338
07-26-2012, 09:59 PM

i agree. all pro isnt even challenging most of the time, and all-madden is just ridiculous. you cannot run the ball for anything and the interceptions the defense makes are ridiculous. the ball seems to get sucked into the defenders. i couldnt even finish a season last year because i just got so frustrated all the time.

ELIte4MVP
07-26-2012, 10:26 PM
i agree. all pro isnt even challenging most of the time, and all-madden is just ridiculous. you cannot run the ball for anything and the interceptions the defense makes are ridiculous. the ball seems to get sucked into the defenders. i couldnt even finish a season last year because i just got so frustrated all the time.

I am really hoping the madden gameplay is similar to the new ncaa gameplay. I played the ncaa demo, and the upgrade was freaking amazing. Finally you could put perfect touch on passes (back shoulder throws, throw in front of or behind, great fade throws), linebackers dont jump 20 feet, db's have to turn around to make a play on the ball and in doing so they slow down, and the quarterback dropping back there are 3, 5, 7 step drops, and they all work inside the pocket nicely. All you need to do is step up and throw or evade pressure, but otherwise you dont need the left stick in the pocket at all to drop back. Also, you can now pump to individual receivers, receivers icons become visible when they ran the route and are ready for the ball, and if you throw the ball before they are looking ( i had to once because of pressure) the play is usually incomplete and looks like eli and manningham when mario runs the wrong route. Further, play action finally works and you dont get sacked every time. All of these things were apparently fixed in madden as well, which hopefully will make all-madden much better and realistic. They definitely were fixed in the ncaa demo, and it was so amazing to play. I would recommend downloading that and giving it a shot

Martyr
07-27-2012, 02:58 AM
I want a more realistic franchise, they did upgrade it in last years madden. My biggest gripe is no matter how well or poor players do it seems predetermined how much their overall changes.

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-27-2012, 10:09 AM
I hate the whole scouting thing too.

And I think the franchise is a little weak IMO - too clunky and is not user-friendly. Someone like me who has trouble actually creating a franchise could use a little bit of help.

I suck with caps and everything

ELIte4MVP
07-27-2012, 01:34 PM

And I think the franchise is a little weak IMO - too clunky and is not user-friendly. Someone like me who has trouble actually creating a franchise could use a little bit of help.

oh i love the scouting, but i could see how if you don't know how to use it it would be confusing. i honestly used to just turn the cap off because for some reason they never figured out realistic salaries. If you drafted a top tackle or offensive lineman in the draft, when their contract was up you would have to sign them to qb money. i would just turn cap off and then not overspend on my own accord. hopefully they fixed that this year

moo
07-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Top 10 rated QBs in 'Madden 13' (http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/1406/top-10-rated-qbs-in-madden-nfl-13)

1. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers 99 overall
2. Tom Brady, New England Patriots 98 overall
3. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints 98 overall
4. Eli Manning, New York Giants 97 overall
5. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers: 95 overall
6. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos: 93 overall
7. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers: 92 overall
8. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions: 91 overall
9. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys: 90 overall
10. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles: 89 overall
Eli gets no respect, huh.

ELIte4MVP
07-30-2012, 11:16 PM
Eli gets no respect, huh.

WOW. i am surprised by that. madden had him at an 88/89 for like the past three seasons lol

BurnerNYG
07-31-2012, 05:29 AM
Yo add me on the 360 "DAM itz Ike" is my gamertag.

ryan12
07-31-2012, 12:23 PM
im 34 years old and im still a idiot and stand in line at midnight for the release it's me and a bunch of teens. i bring my 13 year old so i dont look to much like a db

ryan12
07-31-2012, 12:24 PM

i am a franchise junkie....

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-31-2012, 12:31 PM
i am a franchise junkie....

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to do it, but I suck at it lol

BurnerNYG
07-31-2012, 02:45 PM
im 34 years old and im still a idiot and stand in line at midnight for the release it's me and a bunch of teens. i bring my 13 year old so i dont look to much like a dbI'm 35 so don't feel bad. This is football, now if you're at the midnight release picking up the latest Spongebob game then you oughta be ashamed.

ELIte4MVP
07-31-2012, 02:47 PM
yeah im only 21 but i guarantee i will still be playing that game well into my 40's. my girlfriend makes fun of me now for playing so much, but like you said, its football baby

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-31-2012, 03:03 PM
This guy laughed at me at the game store I go to when I preordered and paid the game in full like 3 weeks ago LOL.

I'm 21, not that old, and I still love playing video games and Madden. There is nothing better than getting together with people and playing a nice Madden tournament for money.

CTsREVENGE
07-31-2012, 05:11 PM
I used to be into getting madden every year, since 2002-2008, than it just got to repetative for me. Now i wait it out. For example, I got 08 skipped 09, got 10 skipped 11, then got 12 and will most likly skip 13. I just dont think it is worth spending $60+tax each and every year when teams dont usually change all to much over a 1 year period. And if they do I would trade key free agents. In addition, I personally fell that the series is not as good as it used to be, 08 was my favorite because i believe that is when the new engine started. Still always a fun game to play.

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-31-2012, 05:15 PM
RGIII and Andrew Luck is not something you really can skip over. A lot of big changes were made, both in the rosters and in the game.

I work, so 60 bucks a year ain't that bad for me (120 actually considering I am getting NHL 13 this year)

ELIte4MVP
07-31-2012, 05:22 PM
I used to be into getting madden every year, since 2002-2008, than it just got to repetative for me. Now i wait it out. For example, I got 08 skipped 09, got 10 skipped 11, then got 12 and will most likly skip 13. I just dont think it is worth spending $60+tax each and every year when teams dont usually change all to much over a 1 year period. And if they do I would trade key free agents. In addition, I personally fell that the series is not as good as it used to be, 08 was my favorite because i believe that is when the new engine started. Still always a fun game to play.

i had 07 for the old xbox, and loved it. you could actually run players through drills before you drafted them and such. plus, the graphics were actually awesome if you had it set up right. i wish i didnt sell that game/system. i would probably still be playing it

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-31-2012, 05:24 PM
Any chance anyone know the answer to this.

During a game of madden, how to you do a quick substitute without pausing the damn game and arranging the depth chart? Some times I want to change my running backs. Can anyone let me know?

ELIte4MVP
07-31-2012, 05:27 PM

During a game of madden, how to you do a quick substitute without pausing the damn game and arranging the depth chart? Some times I want to change my running backs. Can anyone let me know?

you can set substitutions before a game. for example, this year i will want bradshaw and wilson to split carries. you can change the energy that bradshaw will get subbed out at, say 95, and energy he will be subbed back in at, say 99. this way he will get taken out after every 3 carries or so.

in the game, you can click something when you are at the play call screen. i havent played in a while so i forget what it looks like, but i believe under the playcall screen it says substitutions and you click the right bumper

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-31-2012, 05:28 PM
That whole energy thing sounds ridiculous and annoying. Not sure if I want to even do that lol.

Right bumper? Click it down?

CTsREVENGE
07-31-2012, 05:29 PM
RGIII and Andrew Luck is not something you really can skip over. A lot of big changes were made, both in the rosters and in the game.

I work, so 60 bucks a year ain't that bad for me (120 actually considering I am getting NHL 13 this year)

People probably said that about Russell and Quinn when 08 came out. ha

I may get NHL 13, never acutually purchased NHL I only played my cousin's. I'm more into shooters, resident evil 6 when it comes out, and when I get one I am usually occupied with it for a long time because I work on rank.

ELIte4MVP
07-31-2012, 05:30 PM
That whole energy thing sounds ridiculous and annoying. Not sure if I want to even do that lol.

Right bumper? Click it down?

next time i play i'll pm you. i forget off hand, havent played it in months

also, the energy thing is not too bad. i do it with the d-line also since there are so many good passrushers. you only need to do it once and it saves for the extent of your career coaching

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-31-2012, 05:30 PM
If you're going to get a sports game, NHL make good improvement, but virtually they both do IMO. Madden just adds nice game modes and all that. NHL actually changes the physics quite well.

Giantz4Life
07-31-2012, 07:32 PM

All you do is pick a formation and hit the RB, and your depth chart for the position you select will be up there.

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-31-2012, 07:45 PM
Yeah, just figured it out actually. Just did it. Pretty cool actually. Thanks

moo
07-31-2012, 10:12 PM
im 34 years old and im still a idiot and stand in line at midnight for the release it's me and a bunch of teens. i bring my 13 year old so i dont look to much like a db
You shouldn't worry. Games are no longer the domain of children, and they haven't been for quite some time. The average gamer is in his thirties now.

kbusch22
08-05-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm undecided on whether or not to get it this year. Connected Careers does look fun, and I imagine I'd have two going - one where I play as Coughlin (or maybe myself as the Giants' coach) and just stick with the Giants the whole time like I usually do in franchise. And then another where I pick a different player around the league each season and have a brand new experience every season.

I really hate that we can't edit players though. I don't need to edit ratings, that's cheap. But not being able to edit player appearances and even numbers is just dumb. I've had so many rookies that come out looking ridiculous compared to the real life players in the game. And the numbers thing bothers me. I always sort through my roster to make sure none of the Giants' retired numbers were given out.

BurnerNYG
08-05-2012, 10:47 PM
If you got the Kinect this yr's game is wIthout a doubt an absolute buy. Voice command on audibles and hot routes are a great new addition that got me hyped (pardon me, pardon me). Anyway, since I got the KInect, it sImply means no more button mashing and a different controller scheme from NCAA that be getting confusing when I don't play for awhile.

mattpl908
08-06-2012, 12:31 PM
yea i def dont mind shelling out the $ for madden each year..that and fifa..anyone play fifa here on ps3?

easterbeast
08-06-2012, 04:15 PM
i am interested in custom players and teams you can make...............i stopped buying the game a few years back because it made my players too realistic looking,

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-06-2012, 04:33 PM
I like creating teams like all-star teams - even better one than the AFC vs NFC

SportsFan13
08-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Do they give any reasons to pre-order it? Like last year they gave you 2 all-star teams or something like that.

Giantz4Life
08-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Do they give any reasons to pre-order it? Like last year they gave you 2 all-star teams or something like that.

They give you different players and coaches for Madden Ultimate Team depending on what store you buy it from.

dezzzR
08-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Hey guys, Iv picked up the new ncaa and im having some serious frame issues. Sometime when I hand it off to the back, floats out of the back field without turning his legs. Same with WRS on passing plays. Also when the qb throws the ball on a hard pass his arm doest even **** back, the ball just floats from the qb to the intended WR. This is all in dynasty mode. Anyone else experiencing this?

kbusch22
08-11-2012, 04:30 PM
They've started to release the full player ratings on a week-by-week basis. The ratings are particularly important this year because they can NOT be edited. No fixing EA's mistakes before jumping into franchise mode.

They did quarterbacks last week and running backs this week. So far here's what we have in store for the G-Men:

Quarterback:
Eli Manning - 97 overall, 65 speed, 95 awareness, 90 throw power, 96 deep accuracy
David Carr - 71 overall, 67 speed, 71 awareness, 88 throw power, 74 deep accuracy
Ryan Perrilloux - 55 overall, 76 speed, 28 awareness, 95 throw power, 65 deep accuracy

Halfback:
Ahmad Bradshaw - 88 overall, 92 speed, 96 acceleration, 68 strength, 76 trucking, 89 elusiveness
David Wilson - 74 overall, 94 speed, 90 acceleration, 65 strength, 74 trucking, 88 elusiveness
Da'Rel Scott - 63 overall, 96 speed, 94 acceleration, 62 strength, 65 trucking, 69 elusiveness
D.J. Ware - 63 overall, 84 speed, 86 acceleration, 71 strength, 83 trucking, 55 elusiveness
Andre Brown - 62 overall, 87 speed, 79 acceleration, 78 strength, 86 trucking, 50 elusiveness

Fullback:
Henry Hynoski - 74 overall, 69 speed, 75 acceleration, 84 strength, 74 trucking, 46 elusiveness

Giantz4Life
08-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Quarterback:
Eli Manning - 97 overall, 95 speed, 95 awareness, 90 throw power, 96 deep accuracy

Say whaaaaaaa!?!

LOL it's probably 59

kbusch22
08-12-2012, 12:29 AM
LOL my bad. It was 65, I had just typed his awareness twice for some reason. Although Eli replacing Vick as the new greatest Madden player of all time would be pretty fun.

Moke
08-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Yeah 95 speed. Who woulda thunk

greenca190
08-12-2012, 06:59 PM
if you got the kinect this yr's game is without a doubt an absolute buy. Voice command on audibles and hot routes are a great new addition that got me hyped (pardon me, pardon me). Anyway, since i got the kinect, it simply means no more button mashing and a different controller scheme from ncaa that be getting confusing when i don't play for awhile.

who do you work for?!?!

BurnerNYG
08-13-2012, 12:04 AM
who do you work for?!?!Huh? Why you ask?

BurnerNYG
08-14-2012, 02:14 PM
The demo is out for those who are interested.

moo
08-15-2012, 10:53 PM
David Carr - 71 overall, 67 speed, 71 awareness, 88 throw power, 74 deep accuracy
Carr is faster than that.. stronger, too.

wuzpapn
08-16-2012, 10:45 AM
I haven't bought Madden since '11, and even that I didn't play too much. Hearing good things about this years title. Already put down $25 towards it a couple months ago when I full paid for Black Ops II.

Moke
08-16-2012, 10:51 AM
I paid all of Madden 13 off already. Going to pay off NHL 13 when I go in to pick up madden 13.

I always loved call of duty games but not anymore lol.

ELIte4MVP
08-16-2012, 12:37 PM
anyone else loving the demo? i mean, its a little quirky, but it is leaps and bounds in the right direction. the physics engine has some weird moments for sure, but it is SO much better than years past. linebackers and corners dont jump routes that they should not be able to jump. giants nascar package is in there. seems that fatigue is much more realistic this year. i played ita few days ago so i forget other things i liked

NYG 5
08-16-2012, 10:25 PM
anyone else loving the demo? i mean, its a little quirky, but it is leaps and bounds in the right direction. the physics engine has some weird moments for sure, but it is SO much better than years past. linebackers and corners dont jump routes that they should not be able to jump. giants nascar package is in there. seems that fatigue is much more realistic this year. i played ita few days ago so i forget other things i liked

yeah, throwing the ball felt good. especially out of the backfield, in the gaps between linebackers, you can throw with confidence now. leading receivers feels really good too, you can really throw into space with good control. i think its about as good as its been done, like NFL 2k5, maybe even a little tighter.

one thing thats driving me insane is the replays, they are atrocious. a 1 second cut to when the QB is releasing the ball, then slow mo of the receiver already catching the ball. have they never heard of skycam, or showing the entire play? some cool plays happen and they just show nothing of any relevance to the play, and theres no instant replay to do it yourself on the demo. even if it was, it breaks up the flow of the game having to go into replay mode yourself.

the commentary is ok, its just generic as usual. sounds nice though. occasionally you will get a line that actually relates to the individual play. its amazing that they still can't be specific with their commentary, yet every other sports game has. "i don't like field goals, take more shots at the end zone". ok, would have been nice if Phil said "the 49ers.... have a 3rd and manageable down in the red zone, and they just play very conservative with a run off tackle. I don't like teams not even playing for the conversion, let alone taking a shot to score. 3 points is nice, but they keep the other team in the game, which is dangerous Jim. especially against an offense.... like the New York Giants." all they have to do is plug in the team specific titles at the beginning and end, and they can just run a generic line criticizing a conservative team. EA talks about them adding thousands of lines of dialogue to the game, and they always end up sounding like drawn out rambling.

but as far as the game goes, against the CPU, it felt good. didn't get irritated or felt cheated at all. the planting and locomotion for everyone running on the field still feels off, but its functional, and the passing game is functional now too. at last, i think there are no glaring issues with the gameplay. i just have gripes with the presentation, and the fact that they make Eli look like special Ed in every single game, they hate him. he has that giant brow and nose all the time, with this tiny helmet.

BurnerNYG
08-18-2012, 05:01 AM
I think the commentary and crowd noise is better than it's ever been. Instead of breaking down one player like that repetitive nonsense last year, they mix it up nicely breaking down several key players. I think the running game is solid... you gotta be patient, follow your blocks and mix in some jukes and stiff arms. Catching the ball seems a lil bit more realistic how the defenders break up the pass by either swatting it or laying a nice hit. The Kinect feature Is broken and I hope they patch it before the release but all in all, I love this year's Madden and I can finally say that EA has pleased this longtime, dIsgruntled 2K5 fan.

ELIte4MVP
08-18-2012, 01:06 PM
yeah, throwing the ball felt good. especially out of the backfield, in the gaps between linebackers, you can throw with confidence now. leading receivers feels really good too, you can really throw into space with good control. i think its about as good as its been done, like NFL 2k5, maybe even a little tighter.

one thing thats driving me insane is the replays, they are atrocious. a 1 second cut to when the QB is releasing the ball, then slow mo of the receiver already catching the ball. have they never heard of skycam, or showing the entire play? some cool plays happen and they just show nothing of any relevance to the play, and theres no instant replay to do it yourself on the demo. even if it was, it breaks up the flow of the game having to go into replay mode yourself.

the commentary is ok, its just generic as usual. sounds nice though. occasionally you will get a line that actually relates to the individual play. its amazing that they still can't be specific with their commentary, yet every other sports game has. "i don't like field goals, take more shots at the end zone". ok, would have been nice if Phil said "the 49ers.... have a 3rd and manageable down in the red zone, and they just play very conservative with a run off tackle. I don't like teams not even playing for the conversion, let alone taking a shot to score. 3 points is nice, but they keep the other team in the game, which is dangerous Jim. especially against an offense.... like the New York Giants." all they have to do is plug in the team specific titles at the beginning and end, and they can just run a generic line criticizing a conservative team. EA talks about them adding thousands of lines of dialogue to the game, and they always end up sounding like drawn out rambling.

but as far as the game goes, against the CPU, it felt good. didn't get irritated or felt cheated at all. the planting and locomotion for everyone running on the field still feels off, but its functional, and the passing game is functional now too. at last, i think there are no glaring issues with the gameplay. i just have gripes with the presentation, and the fact that they make Eli look like special Ed in every single game, they hate him. he has that giant brow and nose all the time, with this tiny helmet.

i actually think the commentary is an improvement. i agree with the replays, but at the end of the day, i can always just skip them. it'd be nice to have real replays, but it doesn't kill the game too much imo.

i love how the game seems "free" now. it's hard to explain, but it just seems like animations are gone completely. it feels like you throw the ball and the ball isn't on the same line every single time, that when you run the ball you dont feel like you are getting sucked in to anywhere. its a really weird feeling, but i love it.

giants8493
08-19-2012, 07:42 PM
just remember. things could always be worse

NYG 5
08-19-2012, 09:18 PM
just remember. things could always be worse

things could always be better. we could have had NFL 2k13 coming out

BurnerNYG
08-20-2012, 12:38 AM
things could always be better. we could have had NFL 2k13 coming outYeah some halftime shows and season highlights with Chris Berman would be nice. 2K5 was waaaay ahead of it's time.

BurnerNYG
08-26-2012, 04:02 PM
I had the game since Friday via EA early release. Anybody else got it?

Moke
08-26-2012, 06:38 PM
No, I'm so pissed off because the guy told me he'd have it but he didn't get it. Midnight release Monday, but I got school and I'm not in a hurry to get it with school and all. I'll wait for Tuesday

ryan12
08-28-2012, 03:19 PM
cruz does the salsa dance which is awesome

dezzzR
08-29-2012, 04:50 PM
cruz does the salsa dance which is awesome;)
just got it from gamefly. cant wait

Moke
08-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Game is OK.

I hate that there is no true franchise mode. I liked playing with multiple teams in franchise and not just one.

Oh well. I'll get over it.

easterbeast
08-29-2012, 05:18 PM
madden is just too slow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it takes 30 minutes to run down the field.

BRING BACK CYBERBALL!!

Moke
08-29-2012, 05:20 PM
madden is just too slow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it takes 30 minutes to run down the field.

BRING BACK CYBERBALL!!

Far from it. Actually, normal speed is actually ridiculous.... it's pretty fast. I had to tone down the speeds

NYG 5
08-29-2012, 06:23 PM
gameplay is pretty solid. the only glaring flaw i see now is runningbacks can change direction too effortlessly, a lot like NFL 2k4. and the OL/DL battle is underwhelming.

whats driving me nuts is that they gutted the old franchise mode for glitchy connected careers, where you can't use custom rosters, fantasy draft, can't edit players numbers and gear (see tons of repeat numbers on the same team), can't change players position. the menu looks like ****.

typical madden, take 1 step forward, 5 steps backward, still suckered me out of 60 dollars. at least they finally got the Giants colors right, although the away jersey is missing the stripes LOL.

still waiting for NFL 2Kx

Flip Empty
08-29-2012, 10:55 PM
still waiting for NFL 2Kx
The NFL license comes up for renewal next year, I hope the NFL decide to allow multiple licensees again.

TomCat_FIN
08-30-2012, 02:54 AM
My game will arrive today, but I didn't really like the demo that much.

Running seemed to be way too easy even on All-Pro whereas passing on All-Pro was too difficult and the CPU defense ended up intercepting passes out of the blue.

Thankfully I can play around with the sliders so maybe I'll find a balance in there somewhere, but my first impression is that the QB stats won't be realistic while a RB can break 150 yards easily. We'll see, maybe they fixed some of the bugs after the demo.

Flip Empty
08-30-2012, 03:13 AM
Running seemed to be way too easy even on All-Pro whereas passing on All-Pro was too difficult and the CPU defense ended up intercepting passes out of the blue.
Madden is an arcade game, not a simulation. It'll always be like that. Speed is the only stat that matters.

TomCat_FIN
08-30-2012, 03:37 AM
Madden is an arcade game, not a simulation. It'll always be like that. Speed is the only stat that matters.

I guess you're right, but it kind of kills the momentum of the game. It's pretty easy to convert a 3rd and 3, for instance, with a dive play. It works about 99% of the time.

I want a challenge when playing sports games and while Madden is nice, it still has a long way to go to match MLB The Show, for example.

BurnerNYG
08-30-2012, 04:24 AM
This is the best Madden yet... you dudes must can't play. I still gotta re-sharpen my skills back up since I barely played 11 & 12 but once I do, it's a wrap.

TomCat_FIN
08-30-2012, 05:25 AM
This is the best Madden yet... you dudes must can't play. I still gotta re-sharpen my skills back up since I barely played 11 & 12 but once I do, it's a wrap.

Well I don't know if it's about not knowing how to play or what not. It's just that the game glitchy and it's missing balance. Maybe the sliders will fix this, but the demo left me a bit unimpressed.

here's a review from someone who wraps up my thoughts pretty well (albeit with an annoying voice)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ONCPqmOg_FQ

wuzpapn
08-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Good game, I've only played about 3 matches, but they definitely stepped up the game engine this year. First game playing with Giants ended up getting a 3 TD game with Marty B.

Also for franchise, you have to do connected career coach offline.

BurnerNYG
08-30-2012, 10:35 AM
It scored a 9 on IGN... that's a pretty high score.

http://www.ign.com/games/madden-nfl-13/xbox-360-128097

dezzzR
08-30-2012, 12:10 PM
gameplay is pretty solid. the only glaring flaw i see now is runningbacks can change direction too effortlessly, a lot like NFL 2k4. and the OL/DL battle is underwhelming.

whats driving me nuts is that they gutted the old franchise mode for glitchy connected careers, where you can't use custom rosters, fantasy draft, can't edit players numbers and gear (see tons of repeat numbers on the same team), can't change players position. the menu looks like ****.

typical madden, take 1 step forward, 5 steps backward, still suckered me out of 60 dollars. at least they finally got the Giants colors right, although the away jersey is missing the stripes LOL.

still waiting for NFL 2KxSeriously. I was all excited last night only to find there was no franchise mode, instead its a coaches mode. Thats fine, its like ncaa, but the new point system is ******ed. Not being able to edit rosters is very frustrating. Webster is a 88 speed? Bradshaw is faster than him? Nicks is only a 91 speed, hmmm, tell that to the 5 dbs he burned against Atlanta in the playoffs. Its little things like this that drive me nuts and ruins the game. It ALWAYS something with EA.

dezzzR
08-30-2012, 12:12 PM
It scored a 9 on IGN... that's a pretty high score.

http://www.ign.com/games/madden-nfl-13/xbox-360-128097I like IGN but theyre usually biased when it comes to big games.

BurnerNYG
08-30-2012, 01:17 PM
I like IGN but theyre usually biased when it comes to big games.Not when it comes to Madden. The last few were rated 8's.

BurnerNYG
08-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Seriously. I was all excited last night only to find there was no franchise mode, instead its a coaches mode. Thats fine, its like ncaa, but the new point system is ******ed. Not being able to edit rosters is very frustrating. Webster is a 88 speed? Bradshaw is faster than him? Nicks is only a 91 speed, hmmm, tell that to the 5 dbs he burned against Atlanta in the playoffs. Its little things like this that drive me nuts and ruins the game. It ALWAYS something with EA.I think without a doubt that if 2K had a football game out, it'll be way ahead of EA as far as gameplay and presentation but due to the fact this is all we have, EA did a solid job. I see what your beef is but I mainly play online so I wouldn't notice what's new or what they left out as far as franchise is concerned.

Moke
08-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Well that's good for you Burner - they literally want everyone to play online at this point. Why? Because people can buy used games and of course buy the $10 stupid online pass, UNLESS you buy it new which they also want.

EA is pretty greedy, and no one really understands how they get you like this.

They are destroying the whole single player mode these days -
1.can't update rosters unless you're online
2. Buy it used? Screw you, you need to pay more money now to get the online pass and ROSTERS.
3. Let's take away all of the single player fun stuff so you are forced to play online, and guess what? You have to buy the NEW madden , otherwise you have to pay $10 more for the online pass.

Rant over.

Do I boycott? No. Because I love football, I love football games. Thanks for getting me once again EA.

Oh and by the way... I hate the connected career ****. I'd love to have one saved file where I can play with multiple teams rather than picking 1 damn coach and having to play only with the team he coaches.

BurnerNYG
08-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Mostly all games make you buy an online pass now or some map packs or something.

Moke
08-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Mostly all games make you buy an online pass now or some map packs or something.

Yeah, EA started it first of all. And 2nd, most of it is EA.

It's BS.

KKCO
08-30-2012, 08:30 PM
I kinda got bored with Madden. I think it's more fun to play against a friend, than the computer. I wish I was more into it, but something about it is just off...

Flip Empty
08-30-2012, 10:34 PM
EA is pretty greedy, and no one really understands how they get you like this.

They are destroying the whole single player mode these days -
1.can't update rosters unless you're online
2. Buy it used? Screw you, you need to pay more money now to get the online pass and ROSTERS.
3. Let's take away all of the single player fun stuff so you are forced to play online, and guess what? You have to buy the NEW madden , otherwise you have to pay $10 more for the online pass.

Rant over.

Do I boycott? No. Because I love football, I love football games. Thanks for getting me once again EA.

Oh and by the way... I hate the connected career ****. I'd love to have one saved file where I can play with multiple teams rather than picking 1 damn coach and having to play only with the team he coaches.
EA removes features so they can reimplement them at a later date and call them "new". It's weak but it's how they function.

I haven't bought Madden since 06. It just isn't football.

BurnerNYG
08-31-2012, 03:40 AM
To the 2 gentlemen above... download the demo and see what u think. EA actually did a good job this year and this is coming from a 2K fan.

the-wild-healer
08-31-2012, 11:55 AM
To the 2 gentlemen above... download the demo and see what u think. EA actually did a good job this year and this is coming from a 2K fan.
This.

People need to give this game a shot.

NYG 5
09-01-2012, 12:56 AM

i wouldn't necessarily call it good, its decent. I think its a game that they finally brought to a basic, sound, playable state. I don't see many gamebreaking improvements. infinity has a few cool moments, but oftentimes guys just spaz out and fall down. still doesn't fix the horrendous downfield blocking. still doesn't make realistic pursuit angles and feeling of weight. game still feels like ice skating. but its a pretty game, although a bit too gold looking. still has jittery animations. the commentary flows well but has no substance. connected careers is just a stripped down franchise mode with twitter.

but i said the game is finally playable, and it is: no more super linebackers and DBs. however, that just puts the game on par with what we had 10 years ago, just a prettier version of it. i just find the ice skating, detached camera and dead atmosphere to be oh so boring, and not that dramatically different from last year's version. a 2012 game that looks like a 2012 game and plays like a 2001 game, well done.

forget 2k for a minute, because all pro 2k8 had its glaring faults. just look at MLB the Show and NBA 2k, and then tell me how cheated you feel after 8 years of planned obsolescence.

if you guys can rent it, by all means rent it. the demo only shows you so much.

Moke
09-01-2012, 01:28 AM
I had to customize the sliders. All-pro wasn't that hard for me and all-madden is just beast.

Blue in Oz
09-02-2012, 01:58 AM
Ok, here is the ratings

QB
Manning - 97 Overall
Carr - 71 Overall
Perrilloux - 55 Overall

RB
Bradshaw - 88 Overall
Wilson - 74 Overall
Scott - 63 Overall
Ware- 63 Overall
Brown - 62 Overall

WR
Hakeem Nicks - 94 O
Victor Cruz - 90 O
Hixon - 73 O
Barden - 69 O
Randle - 69 O
Jernigan - 66 O
Stanback - 63 O

TE
Bennett - 79 O
Pascoe - 70 O
Beckum - 67 O
Robinson - 66 O
Purvis - 61 O
DeOssie? - 46 O

RT
Brewer - 73
Locklear - 73
Mosley - 66
McCants - 65

RG
Snee - 88
Petrus - 69

C
Baas - 77
White - 72
Cordle - 65

LG
Diehl - 81
Boothe - 79

LT
Beatty - 78
Capers - 65

RE
Pierre-Paul - 96
Umenyiora - 88

LE
Tuck - 93
Tracy - 67
Trattou - 65

DT
Canty - 87
Joseph - 82
Rogers - 79
Bernard - 74
Austin - 69
Hendricks - 62
Kuhn - 60

ROLB
Boley - 81
Williams - 72
Paysinger - 62

MLB
Blackburn - 76
Herzlich - 68
Jones - 67

LOLB
Kiwanuka - 83
Rivers - 79
Sintim - 69

CB
Webster - 89
Thomas - 85
Amukamara - 79
Johnson - 74
Tryon - 73
Hosley - 69
Hughes - 68
Molden - 68
Coe - 63
Jackson - 58

FS
Rolle - 81
Horton - 71
Brown - 65
Hill - 61

SS
Phillips - 88
Sash - 62

K
Tynes - 78

P
Weatherford - 79

Blue in Oz
09-04-2012, 05:05 AM
That translates to all Prostitution sites Through Google Translate

shotcalla39
09-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Rolle should be at least a 85-89 ... Eli is great but 97 may be a bit much... More like 95... I think Pierre Paul could get a 98... Boley shouldd be like an 86-88

TheAnalyst
09-07-2012, 09:15 AM
just got the game. Is there a way to change the route of a specific WR? Last Madden I had was 2010, and it was easy to re-route the WR. Like lets say, if I wanted Nicks to run a slant instead of a fly, I would hit the triangle, receiver button and the the joystick inside. Doesnt work on 2013.

Also, anyone play the career mode? Is it like the 2010 version? I loved being able to draft at the end of seasons and build my own team to play.

Thanks for the help!

ELIte4MVP
09-07-2012, 11:14 AM
just got the game. Is there a way to change the route of a specific WR? Last Madden I had was 2010, and it was easy to re-route the WR. Like lets say, if I wanted Nicks to run a slant instead of a fly, I would hit the triangle, receiver button and the the joystick inside. Doesnt work on 2013.

Also, anyone play the career mode? Is it like the 2010 version? I loved being able to draft at the end of seasons and build my own team to play.

Thanks for the help!

i have xbox, but changing a route you hit Y, then the receivers button, then the stick to say which route you want. idk what buttons it is on ps3. and the career mode is sick. scouting and drafting is awesome, and the free agency is much better as well. enjoy it, cause its the best madden i have played

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-12-2012, 09:24 AM
David Wilson's head is huge on the ps3 demo lol

Moke
09-12-2012, 09:35 AM

Thanks for the help!

Yeah, you hit "up" on the directional pad, and then you hit the button of the receiver and it should give you prompts to change it.

Martyr
09-14-2012, 04:55 PM
David Wilson's head is huge on the ps3 demo lol

I noticed it on Xbox, he looks like a kid wearing a big helmet lol

Battyboyy
09-19-2012, 09:10 PM
yeah im only 21 but i guarantee i will still be playing that game well into my 40's. my girlfriend makes fun of me now for playing so much, but like you said, its football baby

Yeah couldn't agree more im 17 and love it an always will age has no barriers with football

dezzzR
09-27-2012, 03:45 PM
I gave the game a second chance. Glad I did. Still having problems getting to the QB. Anybody have any tips? And is there a way to sub players outside the game in connected careers(franchise)? I want to switch the nascar package around a bit. For some reason Hill replaces Rolle in that formation.

Moke
09-27-2012, 06:41 PM
I gave the game a second chance. Glad I did. Still having problems getting to the QB. Anybody have any tips? And is there a way to sub players outside the game in connected careers(franchise)? I want to switch the nascar package around a bit. For some reason Hill replaces Rolle in that formation.

What mode are you playing in? All-madden? Could be why.

Adjust your sliders a bit, increase the pass-rush.