PDA

View Full Version : Collinsworth and his late praises

jimsgints
12-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Collinsworth is giving cudos to the Giants O line! He wasn't happpy aboout it but he's giving it up for the Gmen!! Yea eat crow you skinny blow hard!

SweetZombieJesus
12-12-2011, 12:42 AM
I was yelling at my TV to put down the Dallas pom-poms when he was kissing Phony Homo's butt -- "only Tony Romo can catch a bad snap and make a throw like that" except Eli did it about 5 times. You know it pains him to say anything positive about the Giants.

Pash rush.

tikiandphil
12-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Even I have to admit it was nice to hear him say nice things (albeit reluctantly) about the Giants OLine

P_Simms_#11
12-12-2011, 12:50 AM
He said if JPP doesn't make the Pro Bowl there should be an investigation. I was quite surprised to hear that from pencil neck Collinsworth.

Pakman
12-12-2011, 12:51 AM
I was yelling at my TV to put down the Dallas pom-poms when he was kissing Phony Homo's butt -- "only Tony Romo can catch a bad snap and make a throw like that" except Eli did it about 5 times.* You know it pains him to say anything positive about the Giants.

Pash rush.

Lmaoo...I thought the same thing

BigBlue2010
12-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Oh come on, he was praising jpp from snap one and also said many nice things about Eli.

UmenYiourAnIdiot
12-12-2011, 12:55 AM
He CLEARLY got a talking to after last week cuz he toned down his anti-Giants garbage by a million.

mike kennedy
12-12-2011, 12:59 AM
He was dead on with the GIANTS defense being amateurish! Dead on!

FUUFNF
12-12-2011, 01:30 AM

Collinsworth is actually a pretty good color commentator.

jimsgints
12-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Right.. Wasn't happy with the Dallas refs either.

NYGiants2120
12-12-2011, 12:18 PM
O-Line was amazing. 0 sacks, enough said.

BigBlue1971
12-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Collinsworth is an idiot as far as im concerned.</P>

he dissed the Giants big time in the last egirls game. everything egirls - good, everything Giants - bad.</P>

regardless of what he said last night hes still a moron.</P>

analysts like him shouldnt show their favoritism on air!</P>

CDN_G-FAN
12-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Collinsworth is actually a pretty good color commentator.</P>

+1</P>

you gotta look at who you could have for these games.</P>

who would rather listen to jaws and chucky for 3 hours?</P>

i'd rather cut my own ears off.</P>

FUUFNF
12-12-2011, 12:22 PM
O-Line was amazing. 0 sacks, enough said.

I think that had a lot more to do with Eli getting rid of the ball early than stellar blocking... The O-Line was pretty leaky all night... The run blocking was fairly good though.

Mr Excitement
12-12-2011, 12:27 PM
you could hear the disappointment in his voice when JPP blocked the field goal...

jhamburg
12-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Oh come on, he was praising jpp from snap one and also said many nice things about Eli.

What about when they showed JPP in the 1st quarter getting sealed off on a block and he said that JPP was a great pass rusher but Dallas was going to go after him in the run game?

That plan worked out real well when JPP reached his orangutan-like arms over to Felix Jones and punched the ball into Grant's arms.

FUUFNF
12-12-2011, 12:36 PM
you could hear the disappointment in his voice when JPP blocked the field goal...

Collinsworth was speaking very highly about JPP all night... It's not like he's Joe Buck.

Mr Excitement
12-12-2011, 12:38 PM

Collinsworth was speaking very highly about JPP all night... It's not like he's Joe Buck.

he was...but he was upset they missed the FG though.....nobody is worse than Joe Buck

egyptian420
12-12-2011, 12:40 PM

he was...but he was upset they missed the FG though.....nobody is worse than Joe Buck

Oh dear....I don't even want to imagine how terrible it would have been if Buck was doing our game last night....I bet he was at home watching and threw his glass into the wall, shattering it to pieces after that FG got blocked

Kruunch
12-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Collinsworth is giving cudos to the Giants O line! He wasn't happpy aboout it but he's giving it up for the Gmen!! Yea eat crow you skinny* blow hard!

My favorite Collinism last night was him describing JPP as an octopus lol.

hungrrrry
12-12-2011, 12:50 PM

+1</P>

i'd rather cut my own ears off.</P>I actually like Jaws exceptfor his favortism with the Eagles! He is a technical commentator like John Madden and I enjoyed that about Madden. If you base what you are talking about and can show it on film while commentating, you win. Alot of Collinsworth is based on very little fact unless it is flagrantly obvious, such as JPP's ability as a young DE. With Dallas, he gave praise without justification, slurping some Jerry Jones. it is gross to hear Collinsworth!

gmen0820
12-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Collinsworth and Mayock are the best commentators.

jhamburg
12-12-2011, 12:53 PM

+1</P>

i'd rather cut my own ears off.</P>I actually like Jaws except*for his favortism with the Eagles! He is a technical commentator like John Madden and I enjoyed that about Madden. If you base what you are talking about and can show it on film while commentating, you win. Alot of Collinsworth is based on very little fact unless it is flagrantly obvious, such as JPP's ability as a young DE. With Dallas, he gave praise without justification, slurping some Jerry Jones. it is gross to hear Collinsworth!

I couldn't disagree more. Collinsworth annoys me sometimes but every single game I watch with him he picks up on something that I would never notice myself, which I can't say about any other commentator. Maybe you guys already know everything there is to know about football, but Collinsworth definitely picks up on some interesting stuff for me.

hungrrrry
12-12-2011, 12:57 PM
It's funny that thereare so many NFC east players-gone commentator and the one that doesn't smother his face into his teams *** is Phil Simms...he is more critical of the Giants or just unbias, altogether. Strahan doesn't hide his feelings toward the Giants but he is still critical...maybe it is just the kool-aid you drink.

GOBIGBLUE52
12-12-2011, 01:05 PM
What is going on here? Collinsworth dissing the giants during the eagles game while praising the eagles all game? Hello, THE GIANTS PLAYED LIKE *** IN THAT GAME! Anything negative he said was for a good reason.

Last night he was fair and critical of both teams.

Just because the commentators aren't kissing this team's *** every waking moment doesn't mean they "hate" them. Collinsworth is a great commentator. They're TV guys, they're supposed to be like that.

What Bob Papa and Carl Banks do on radio broadcasts is different, they're employed by the team, they can kiss the Giants *** however much they want.

gumby742
12-12-2011, 01:34 PM

+1</P>

i'd rather cut my own ears off.</P>

</P>

This. Commentary for me is for amusement and flow. I don't care of people are dissing or praising us. It's why i like Joe Buck as well. He just has a good announcing voice. Collinsworth is hilarious.</P>

dutchnyg
12-12-2011, 01:36 PM

Darryl Moose Johnston is 1000x worse than Joe Buck! I cant watch when hes on

Giantz4Life
12-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Ya know I've always been a Collinsworth hater and I fully attribute that to him being the Madden color commentator seeing as that's practically the only video game I play so I hear his voice a lot and it gets annoying.

But he definitely knows his ****, and he makes some good observations here and there. I thought he called a fair and balanced game last night.