PDA

View Full Version : Better Running Game in 2012? Ay or Nay?

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Ebenezer Samuel ‏@ebenezersamuel (https://twitter.com/ebenezersamuel)

Coughlin: "We're gonna get a better running game coming out of this camp. I really believe that."

jomo
07-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Yessssssssssssssssss

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-27-2012, 05:04 PM
There it is. LOL!

And yes. I think Bradshaw and Wilson will be pretty dominant and hopefully the o-line a little better

Kase-1
07-27-2012, 05:26 PM
I think having Baas undergo a full training camp, Boothe starting a ton of games, and Beatty coming back from his eye injury will def help us out in the run game

ELIte4MVP
07-27-2012, 06:06 PM
I think having Baas undergo a full training camp, Boothe starting a ton of games, and Beatty coming back from his eye injury will def help us out in the run game

This. Plus, all we have to do is be 31st in the NFL. Also, having Bennett at TE blocking will help

PRGiant
07-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Can't get worse right? LOL

GiantVibes
07-27-2012, 06:21 PM
This. Plus, all we have to do is be 31st in the NFL. Also, having Bennett at TE blocking will help

Love the sig dude

JesseJames
07-27-2012, 06:30 PM
the running game got a lot better at the end of last season and I think that was due in part to players getting healthier and gelling as a unit, this year we've added a much speedier RB who will be able to get through the holes quicker and thats got to help...

ELIte4MVP
07-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Love the sig dude

thanks buddy, condescending wonka and making fun of the eagles was way too easy to pass up

BlueSanta
07-27-2012, 06:34 PM
At this point in their careers, I do think Wilson is a big upgrade over BJ.

Last year, BJ took too long to hit the hole. I love him for all he did for us in his time here, but last year he was a different player. He ran outside when the play wasnt designed for it, and he took too long to hit the hole.

1 thing nobody will ever say about Wilson is that he took too long to get through the hole. He will have rough patches and rookie mistakes. But he will provide big plays too. And BJ seemed to have lost the ability to do that.

blu_buddha
07-27-2012, 07:27 PM
The running game will get better. We under performed last year. Plus I believe the O-line will be better. The speed we have back there is ridiculous this season so it will definitely be a change from what we are used to. Another plus will be defenses focusing on Eli, Cruz and Nicks.

buster55
07-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Football 101 u must establish the run and stop the run. Want to see more smash mouth football.

IamGiantsfan
07-27-2012, 10:16 PM
No where to go but up

Captain Chaos
07-27-2012, 10:17 PM
They were 32nd last year, I don't think that will be hard to beat...

Rat_bastich
07-28-2012, 12:18 AM
The running game and our linebacking unit will be our focus this year which should cause it to improve immensely. When the Giants focus on a unit or two usually it pans out pretty decent. Last year was the receiving corps and look how that turned out.

And, as said previously...when you are last there is no way to go but up or remain the same. I don't think they will stay the same.

gmen0820
07-28-2012, 12:20 AM
Football 101 u must establish the run and stop the run. Want to see more smash mouth football.Well, we seem to have debunked that theory last year. Granted, we did improve our running effectiveness in the playoffs -- but it certainly wasn't our crutch, and our lack of effectiveness certainly didn't do us in for the year.

NWKEffectElement
07-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Football 101 u must establish the run and stop the run. Want to see more smash mouth football.
I agree with you and I want the same. Due to the skill set, the run game will most likely look different.

redbeardxxv
07-28-2012, 03:23 AM
I agree with you and I want the same. Due to the skill set, the run game will most likely look different.

Interesting to note that the RB's today were, in order:
A Bradshaw
DJ Ware
D Scott
D Wilson

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants

it's buried in the article about TT's injury. Hope Wilson starts moving up, Ware doesn't impress me and Scott is an unknown- anyone who's seen Wilson's college tape has to hope it translates well into the NFL....

Rat_bastich
07-28-2012, 04:12 AM
Interesting to note that the RB's today were, in order:
A Bradshaw
DJ Ware
D Scott
D Wilson

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants

it's buried in the article about TT's injury. Hope Wilson starts moving up, Ware doesn't impress me and Scott is an unknown- anyone who's seen Wilson's college tape has to hope it translates well into the NFL....

I almost think they have to start it out like this since Ware is the most experienced of the backups. I think before all is said and done though Wilson will be the backup. Ware may even make it into the season a game or two before we see Wilson in there.

BigBlue1971
07-28-2012, 01:48 PM
TC and the Giants are committed to the run game being better.

if Wilson is all hes projected to be i expect the G-Men will significantly improve the running game!

EliManningHBGPA
07-28-2012, 04:52 PM
I think we will definitely have a "better" running game than we did last year. Coming up from last isn't hard to do. I doubt we will crack the top 20 or do we really need to. We have a top-notch QB and great receivers. The bottom line is we are now a pass first team and our OC is a pass-calling coach. I think our pass offense will open up our running game instead of the more traditional running game to open up the pass. I think our RB's can average 4.5 a carry this year and people will scream for us to run the ball more but the reality is teams will give us that run yardage to prevent passing plays.