PDA

View Full Version : David Wilson or Ahmad Bradshaw?

NickD_25
07-27-2012, 05:10 PM
How is Bradshaw doing? Does it look like he will be starting week 1 or will it be the stud rookie that should be starting week 1?

giants8493
07-27-2012, 05:14 PM
I want the rookie to start. let bradshaw get his 5-6 touches per game and thats it.

titwio
07-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Bradshaw will no doubt be the starter week 1 barring injury...and even if he got hurt, Ware would likely start. I think the Giants backfield though will be more of a RB by committee anyway.

Bradshaw had a stem cell procedure and said in an interview yesterday that he feels great and better than he has in his career...Light on his feet and pain free. I'm expecting 2010 Bradshaw if not better this year. Bradshaw and Wilson should be a fun duo to watch.

RoanokeFan
07-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Is this serious?

BlueSanta
07-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Wilson wont see the field until the coaches are comfortable with his pass protection. Bradshaw is already 1 of, if the the best, at this in the league.

RoanokeFan
07-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Wilson wont see the field until the coaches are comfortable with his pass protection. Bradshaw is already 1 of, if the the best, at this in the league.

And didn't Scott drop a pass today...:confused:

NickD_25
07-27-2012, 05:44 PM

I'm fine with Bradshaw just wanted the quickness back there with Wilson. Plus I never heard of drafting a skilled RB like Wilson in the first round and being worried about him playing...

RoanokeFan
07-27-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm fine with Bradshaw just wanted the quickness back there with Wilson. Plus I never heard of drafting a skilled RB like Wilson in the first round and being worried about him playing...

His, or any RB's ability to run is secondary to everything else he needs to be able to do such as, pick up blitzes, catch passes, read defenses, keep Eli upright.

NickD_25
07-27-2012, 05:56 PM
His, or any RB's ability to run is secondary to everything else he needs to be able to do such as, pick up blitzes, catch passes, read defenses, keep Eli upright.

Well I'm sure he will be better then Bradshaw and bone headed Jacobs catching wise. I dont see drafting a RB in the first round and playing Ware in front of him. I been waiting on the Giants to land a RB like this for years! Plus I dont see drafting a RB in the first round if you cant get him ready to game action by week 1.

titwio
07-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Well I'm sure he will be better then Bradshaw and bone headed Jacobs catching wise. I dont see drafting a RB in the first round and playing Ware in front of him. I been waiting on the Giants to land a RB like this for years! Plus I dont see drafting a RB in the first round if you cant get him ready to game action by week 1.

Week 1 though is too soon. Nicks didn't start week 1...or Phillips week 1. Those guys were first rounders also.

Wilson will be brought along but I don't see Coughlin rushing him to be the guy while he's still learning the system.

NickD_25
07-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Week 1 though is too soon. Nicks didn't start week 1...or Phillips week 1. Those guys were first rounders also.

Wilson will be brought along but I don't see Coughlin rushing him to be the guy while he's still learning the system.

Key word "Giants" first rounders.

How is week 1 to early for a talent like Wilson? Did Chris Johnson get held back? You dont draft high talented player in the first round to not be out there week 1

titwio
07-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Key word "Giants" first rounders.

How is week 1 to early for a talent like Wilson? Did Chris Johnson get held back? You dont draft high talented player in the first round to not be out there week 1

The Giants "have" a successful RB in Bradshaw when he's healthy. They are not hurting to rush a RB to be the starter. If they were then maybe it would be a different story.

I'm a big a Wilson fan as there is here but the guy has to learn a complicated offense not to mention he has to overcome some issues holding onto the football as well...along as learning to protect his QB.

NickD_25
07-27-2012, 06:21 PM
The Giants "have" a successful RB in Bradshaw when he's healthy. They are not hurting to rush a RB to be the starter. If they were then maybe it would be a different story.

Like I said key word "Giants" first rounders no need to grab for other things such as "rushing" to be a starter.

Why did we draft a RB in the first round with Bradshaw & Ware then? I thought it was because AB's feet? Who knows waste of a draft pick if Ware plays ahead of Wilson this year.

titwio
07-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Like I said key word "Giants" first rounders no need to grab for other things such as "rushing" to be a starter.

Uh...what are you talking about then...Are you not arguing he should be the RB week 1?

Why did we draft a RB in the first round with Bradshaw & Ware then? I thought it was because AB's feet?

The Giants usually draft the best player on their board but the fact that the Giants used two primary backs... losing Jacobs probably had something to do with it. That and Bradshaw's health also could be a reason....But Bradshaw as of right now IS healthy.

Ware will likely be ahead of Wilson on the depth chart "early on" because he's a vet and knows the system...doesn't mean he'll remain there because everyone knows that Wilson is the guy for the future.

RoanokeFan
07-27-2012, 08:40 PM

Living in the heart of Hokie Land, I am a big fan of Wilson. But until he proves he can do the job, Bradshaw is the featured back. We had high hopes for Scott last season until he dropped the ball. The GIANTS develop players they draft which means they want to be sure they can do everything asked of them. While it is always nice to have production out of a first round pick, it just doesn't always happen. This if the NFL and things are very different than they were in college.

Captain Chaos
07-27-2012, 09:53 PM
I don't think they will rush him into anything; however, I certainly think this kid will have a big impact in the second half.

Snappinnecks
07-28-2012, 09:00 AM

This is THE #1 concern. Classic case of not knowing how to pick up the blitz LINK (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b9e363/Romo-goes-down-after-hit-by-Boley)

appodictic
07-28-2012, 09:50 AM
The fact is the giants oline was such crap last year that Bradshaws role was primarily a blocker! That is why he has more passes defended then any running back even though he split carries with jacobs. That being said wilsons running skills have nothing to do with him getting on the field. If he can block better then Ware (which is not much) he will get on the field.