PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan's coaching style shows with the media

middlecountrygiantsfan
07-27-2012, 09:23 PM
ESPN is showing interviews with Rex Ryan from today. Has anyone else noticed that he talks a lot about himself as opposed to the team? Its a lot of me, my persona, my path, I, I , me, me. Where is the we, he, they?

I mean can you really blame his players when they act spoiled or selfish. They are just taking after their coach.

krygny
07-27-2012, 11:57 PM
The whole organization is a train wreck from the owner on down. I doubt there's another NFL team that would not have fired Ryan after the way things became unhinged at the end of last season. But the Jets kept the blowhard who has no business being an NFL head coach.

I only hope they win just enough games every year to keep him from being fired forever.

SweetZombieJesus
07-28-2012, 10:05 AM
You are completely right, and I always remember that but it was overshadowed by his blusterous predictions.

In some ways the coach has to take heat from the team and protect it, but Ryan is definitely a narcissist. So was his father. That whole family is very self-centered.

As for the Jets firing him, I think they actually showed uncharacteristic restraint in not firing him. Since Woody Johnson took over in, what, 2000-2001, they've had Al Groh, Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini, and now Ryan seems to be on his last legs...

My prediction -- as soon as they struggle the Teblow switch happens and the season becomes an unmitigated wreck, the coaching staff gets canned and Sanchez gets traded/demands a trade, and there's a whole new regime next year with Teblow the starter.

FBomb
07-28-2012, 10:50 AM
As always......"**** THE JETS"

joemorrisforprez
07-29-2012, 11:50 AM
....Ryan is definitely a narcissist. So was his father. That whole family is very self-centered.

Buddy Ryan was a Grade A A-Hole, according to pretty much everyone who worked around him. Mike Ditka had to be physically restrained from beating the **** out of him when Buddy was the Bears DC.

joemorrisforprez
07-29-2012, 11:57 AM
The whole organization is a train wreck from the owner on down. I doubt there's another NFL team that would not have fired Ryan after the way things became unhinged at the end of last season. But the Jets kept the blowhard who has no business being an NFL head coach.

I only hope they win just enough games every year to keep him from being fired forever.

I try not to follow the Jets too much, but Ryan screwed up the team captain issue back in 2011..... Sanchez and Holmes as team captains was a disaster. And this year, he's not going with team captains..

Good link here on the difference between the Giants and Jets philosophy concerning team captains......on the Jets, they are picked (or this season, not picked) by Rex Ryan. For the Giants, they are voted on by the players.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/07/sports/football/manning-and-tuck-giants-captains-earn-respect.html?pagewanted=all

As far as Rex Ryan is concerned, I'll always love the guy.....his big mouth fired up the entire Giants organization, from the Front Office, to the Coaching Staff, to the Team, and they rode that all the way to SB 46