PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and Gents....our # 3 Wide Receiver!

Eli TO Shockey
07-28-2012, 04:03 PM
JERELL JERNIGAN!!

Ohm Youngmisuk ‏@NotoriousOHM
Jernigan just beat Corey Webster for a 30 yd catch. Good practice so far for Jernigan.

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
Jernigan having a great practice so far.

Giants 101
Jernigan is the star of the show today. He looks drastically improved from a year ago.

I'm a little excited, can you tell? :D

NYG4lifeNYK
07-28-2012, 04:04 PM
You junior members are so cute... hahaha ;)

Eli TO Shockey
07-28-2012, 04:06 PM
You junior members are so cute... hahaha ;)

those are fighting words :mad:

titwio
07-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Great news! Hope he keeps it going....Seems like I've been defending him from day 1.

gmen0820
07-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Good ****, good ****. I hope he keeps at it.

NYG4lifeNYK
07-28-2012, 04:11 PM
those are fighting words :mad:

haha how's it going bud?

Eli TO Shockey
07-28-2012, 04:19 PM
haha how's it going bud?

cant complain my man. Cant wait for this season to start!

what's the deal with the junior member crap? how many posts until i get "promoted"? haha

Eli TO Shockey
07-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Wow ridiculous interception by Herzlich just now. Juggling grab near the sideline. Was the far sideline so not sure if he was in. #nyg

NYG4lifeNYK
07-28-2012, 04:22 PM
cant complain my man. Cant wait for this season to start!

what's the deal with the junior member crap? how many posts until i get "promoted"? haha

Hahaha you're a guppy for life! Lol, I'm not really sure.

You and me both brother!!!! ALL IN 2012

Eli TO Shockey
07-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Hahaha you're a guppy for life! Lol, I'm not really sure.

You and me both brother!!!! ALL IN 2012

Im an OG on this message board, I demand respect!! haha

Snappinnecks
07-28-2012, 04:31 PM
You have to forgive us veteran members but we've seen great camps from Ramses Barden for the past 3 years only to do nothing in the regular season.

NYG4lifeNYK
07-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Wow ridiculous interception by Herzlich just now. Juggling grab near the sideline. Was the far sideline so not sure if he was in. #nyg

Nice!!!!! ..........butttt please be off David Carr or Perrilouix(?) hahaha

Eli TO Shockey
07-28-2012, 04:34 PM
You have to forgive us veteran members but we've seen great camps from Ramses Barden for the past 3 years only to do nothing in the regular season.

Sinorice Moss would be another great example.

But on the flip side, Cruz wasnt anything special and barely made the team both seasons.

Eli TO Shockey
07-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Nice!!!!! ..........butttt please be off David Carr or Perrilouix(?) hahaha

if HERZLICH is on the field, you can bet Eli isnt. haha

Eli TO Shockey
07-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Coughlin said Trattou suffered an ankle injury and was sent inside for X-rays. #nyg

Also RB Da'Rel Scott sprained his ankle yesterday. Swelled up on him so that's why he was out today. #nyg

Tc said Trattou hurt his ankle and was to have x-rays.

NYG4lifeNYK
07-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Coughlin said Trattou suffered an ankle injury and was sent inside for X-rays. #nyg

Also RB Da'Rel Scott sprained his ankle yesterday. Swelled up on him so that's why he was out today. #nyg

Tc said Trattou hurt his ankle and was to have x-rays.

Damnit...... Scott needs all those reps...... they are invaluable

Eli TO Shockey
07-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Damnit...... Scott needs all those reps...... they are invaluable

yea an ankle injury will limit him the rest of training camp, hopefully its not serious.

I sprained my ankle 3 weeks ago and its still all messed up. Granted, I dont have the giants training staff at my disposal, haha.

SweetZombieJesus
07-28-2012, 05:00 PM

And the preseason king Sinorice Moss

NickD_25
07-28-2012, 05:03 PM
#3? Whos are #2 until Nicks gets back?

jomo
07-28-2012, 05:04 PM
And the preseason king Sinorice MossI'm as skeptical as the next guy but I don't remember any good camp performances by Moss or Barden.

RoanokeFan
07-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Last season the media was telling us Cruz sucked on an almost daily basis while the coaches, when allowed to be interviewed, were shouting his praises. I'm mnot saying the media lies, but they see so little of these practices it's hard to make any definitive statements on players.

RoanokeFan
07-28-2012, 05:10 PM
#3? Whos are #2 until Nicks gets back?

Hixon has been practicing with Cruz while Nicks is out.

GameTime
07-28-2012, 05:27 PM
JERELL JERNIGAN!!

Jernigan just beat Corey Webster for a 30 yd catch. Good practice so far for Jernigan.

Giants 101
Jernigan is the star of the show today. He looks drastically improved from a year ago.

so one good day in camp and he is annoited #3.....

middlecountrygiantsfan
07-28-2012, 05:35 PM
I hope we hear everyday about how either Randle, Hixon, Jerni, and Ramses had a great day. it means they are going to push fight and claw everyday to get their spot.

Competition breeds hunger.

Eli TO Shockey
07-28-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm as skeptical as the next guy but I don't remember any good camp performances by Moss or Barden.

Barden i dont remember either...but Moss was the king of the preseason

GameTime
07-28-2012, 05:41 PM
I hope we hear everyday about how either Randle, Hixon, Jerni, and Ramses had a great day. it means they are going to push fight and claw everyday to get their spot.

Competition breeds hunger.
hunger breeds competition.....

Eli TO Shockey
07-28-2012, 05:41 PM

Obviously not, but im pulling for the kid...good to see him ballin from the start. Confidence is key!

middlecountrygiantsfan
07-28-2012, 05:43 PM
hunger breeds competition.....

breeds competition hunger

GameTime
07-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Obviously not, but im pulling for the kid...good to see him ballin from the start. Confidence is key!

I am pulling for all them. Want to see a clear cut #3. If JJ is it then so be it.

Eli TO Shockey
07-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Paul Schwartz
Also in New York Sports
The Giants are looking for a No. 3 receiver and Jerrel Jernigan made a move toward ascending the depth chart with a strong practice. “He’s made some nice plays on the outside and turn and run with the ball,’’ Tom Coughlin said. #nyg

GameTime
07-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Paul Schwartz
Also in New York Sports
The Giants are looking for a No. 3 receiver and Jerrel Jernigan made a move toward ascending the depth chart with a strong practice. “He’s made some nice plays on the outside and turn and run with the ball,’’ Tom Coughlin said. #nyg

good to hear. And if another WR does the same on Monday then you will see the same comment with a different name....
But JJ prob earned himself some more reps with the ones....cool

jomo
07-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Barden i dont remember either...but Moss was the king of the preseasonlol he was the king of the belly back run, giving up a first down after the catch only to be tackled just short of the sticks. He was also the king of the negative YAC.............and last but not least he was the king of the threads that started out: Who will be the biggest surprise for us this year?;)

Eli TO Shockey
07-28-2012, 06:45 PM
lol he was the king of the belly back run, giving up a first down after the catch only to be tackled just short of the sticks. He was also the king of the negative YAC.............and last but not least he was the king of the threads that started out: Who will be the biggest surprise for us this year?;)

oh the horrid memories. How he stuck around for so long is beyond me.

miked1958
07-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Heard d.scott didn't miss any passes in the practice yesterday. Hope this doesn't set him back to much cause with the Competion at RB he could find himself getting released

miked1958
07-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Also on JJ. Great! Hope it continues. Randall looked good also yesterday. Hixon. Collins. Barden. Going to be stiff Competion

Ny_STAT1989
07-28-2012, 07:54 PM
good to hear. And if another WR does the same on Monday then you will see the same comment with a different name....
But JJ prob earned himself some more reps with the ones....cool

I think the new king of preseason is Ware. I still don't see how he is getting more reps at RB then Scott and Wilson.

titwio
07-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Jerrel Jernigan Stands Out

Jerrel Jernigan – For the second straight day, Jernigan stood out amongst his teammates, hauling in several impressive catches and running precise routes. He appears substantially better than a year ago and may be rocketing himself up the depth chart with a series of very quality practices. I was thoroughly impressed, and surprised, in what I saw of Jernigan today and would go as far as to say he out-performed all other wide receivers. The #3 spot may very well be in his future.
http://www.giants101.com/2012/07/28/jerrel-jernigan-stands-out-on-second-day-of-new-york-giants-training-camp-other-notes/

RoanokeFan
07-28-2012, 08:49 PM

It's great to be back!! lol

Shockeystays08
07-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Me to. but we saw the potential and kept the faith!

RoanokeFan
07-28-2012, 08:50 PM
I think the new king of preseason is Ware. I still don't see how he is getting more reps at RB then Scott and Wilson.

Wilson is a rookie, Scott dropped a pass yesterday.

Eli TO Shockey
07-28-2012, 09:32 PM
It's great to be back!! lol

right...the god awful threads on our MB that actually refer to progress players are making in training camp are the problem....It's either that or you're upset that there is a thread going around that isnt praising your boy hixon as our #3. :confused:

Captain Chaos
07-28-2012, 09:32 PM
JERELL JERNIGAN!!

Giants 101

Please give the entire story not just your Fav....

Also from Ohm

Jernigan beat Michael Coe (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10616/michael-coe) on a deep pass down the left side and later in practice beat Corey Webster (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8457/corey-webster) by a few steps on the right side for a long catch. He also caught a few balls across the middle and showed nice speed.

"Hes made a couple of plays," Tom Coughlin said. "Hes made some nice plays on the outside, and 'turn and run' with the ball. Were looking forward to his continuing advancement, and also as a kick and punt returner."

Ramses Barden (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12555/ramses-barden) also made some nice catches across the middle today. He is competing with Domenik Hixon (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9716/domenik-hixon), Jernigan and Rueben Randle (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14911/rueben-randle) for the third receiver spot.

The best catches of the day, though, went to Victor Cruz (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13553/victor-cruz), who had another twisting catch for the second straight day. On Friday, he did it with a corner on him. This time, during a drill that involved no defense, he snatched the ball with just his left hand. On two other occasions, he barely missed hauling in catches with his left hand on passes that were just a tad too long for him to bring in. Otherwise, Cruz so far looks easily like the best playmaker on the field in camp.

Breezely
07-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Jj = dynomite!!!!!!!!

RoanokeFan
07-28-2012, 09:40 PM
lol he was the king of the belly back run, giving up a first down after the catch only to be tackled just short of the sticks. He was also the king of the negative YAC.............and last but not least he was the king of the threads that started out: Who will be the biggest surprise for us this year?;)

Man that almost cost me a TV :confused:

dave56dj
07-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Nice start for Jernel - which is great b/c he's a high draft pick. Lack of OTA'S and any chance to digest the playbook last year was rough for every rookie, which to me speaks so highly of Jaquain and what he was able to do last year. Jernel with the early lead.

foosball
07-28-2012, 11:08 PM
JERELL JERNIGAN!!

Giants 101

I was there, Jernigan was VERY impressive today. He ran great routes, has excellent chemistry with Eli and made clean catches. If the competition ended today he'd be the 3 and Barden would be the 4th.

FlyingTruck
07-28-2012, 11:08 PM
Coughtrainingcampcough.

poppa smurph
07-28-2012, 11:44 PM
If JJ does make #3, does he have any return duties?

miked1958
07-29-2012, 12:53 AM
If JJ does make #3, does he have any return duties?They would have Hixon and Randall for that if JJ made 3rd WR.

BlueSanta
07-29-2012, 06:56 AM
Last year, On the 1st or 2nd day of camp Victor Cruz dropped a pass and half the regular posters wanted him cut. C'mon , you know who you were....

Chef_in_Blue
07-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Please give the entire story not just your Fav....

Also from Ohm

Jernigan beat Michael Coe (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10616/michael-coe) on a deep pass down the left side and later in practice beat Corey Webster (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8457/corey-webster) by a few steps on the right side for a long catch. He also caught a few balls across the middle and showed nice speed.

"Hes made a couple of plays," Tom Coughlin said. "Hes made some nice plays on the outside, and 'turn and run' with the ball. Were looking forward to his continuing advancement, and also as a kick and punt returner."

Ramses Barden (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12555/ramses-barden) also made some nice catches across the middle today. He is competing with Domenik Hixon (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9716/domenik-hixon), Jernigan and Rueben Randle (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14911/rueben-randle) for the third receiver spot.

The best catches of the day, though, went to Victor Cruz (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13553/victor-cruz), who had another twisting catch for the second straight day. On Friday, he did it with a corner on him. This time, during a drill that involved no defense, he snatched the ball with just his left hand. On two other occasions, he barely missed hauling in catches with his left hand on passes that were just a tad too long for him to bring in. Otherwise, Cruz so far looks easily like the best playmaker on the field in camp.

Good to hear Cruz is maintaining his level of excellence. A part of me is worried about him falling off a bit this year.

mcillo
07-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Last year, On the 1st or 2nd day of camp Victor Cruz dropped a pass and half the regular posters wanted him cut. C'mon , you know who you were....Cruz dropped his first pass of the season last year vs. Wash. Redskins. A senior poster ( I won`t mention any names ) started a thread " Is the Cruz experiment over with " ? No matter who I like, I get behind the coaches decision -they inherently know more than we do and I don`t bash Barden or Moss, or anybody.

poppa smurph
07-29-2012, 03:44 PM
They would have Hixon and Randall for that if JJ made 3rd WR.Lol, I always forget about Hix, hope he can stay healthy this year.

Eli TO Shockey
07-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Cruz dropped his first pass of the season last year vs. Wash. Redskins. A senior poster ( I won`t mention any names ) started a thread " Is the Cruz experiment over with " ? No matter who I like, I get behind the coaches decision -they inherently know more than we do and I don`t bash Barden or Moss, or anybody.

Cruz, who was undrafted FA, had all odds against him. How many undrafted players even make an NFL roster? To be fair, it wasnt so "insane" to doubt that an undrafted FA was going to be the next Wes Welker.

Proved me wrong....

I'm glad all the hype about D'rell Scott has died down. But then again, I hope you will be referring to me next offseason as one of his "skeptics". I will be more than happy to eat crow. In the mean time, he'll be lucky to crack the 53.

Gmen2005
07-29-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm excited to see him play. Hopefully he can contribute.

rxc999
07-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Randle had some nice catches as well...he surely will be in da mix as well...

RoanokeFan
07-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Cruz dropped his first pass of the season last year vs. Wash. Redskins. A senior poster ( I won`t mention any names ) started a thread " Is the Cruz experiment over with " ? No matter who I like, I get behind the coaches decision -they inherently know more than we do and I don`t bash Barden or Moss, or anybody.

A position not always taken by some of our more learned colleagues :p

gmen46
07-29-2012, 04:54 PM
A position not always taken by some of our more learned colleagues :p

I agree, of course. However, I will admit to finally questioning a teeny, tiny bit after FOUR YEARS, why it took that long to realize S Moss wasn't the player they'd hoped he would be. I mean, couldn't three years have been enough? :confused:

RoanokeFan
07-29-2012, 05:00 PM
I agree, of course. However, I will admit to finally questioning a teeny, tiny bit after FOUR YEARS, why it took that long to realize S Moss wasn't the player they'd hoped he would be. I mean, couldn't three years have been enough? :confused:

They let him play out his contract is all you can say.

Eli TO Shockey
07-29-2012, 06:45 PM

High draft pick, lots of "upside", and a few flashes during preseason that made us think "maybe this is the year".:p

BlueSanta
07-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Cruz, who was undrafted FA, had all odds against him. How many undrafted players even make an NFL roster? To be fair, it wasnt so "insane" to doubt that an undrafted FA was going to be the next Wes Welker.

Proved me wrong....

I'm glad all the hype about D'rell Scott has died down. But then again, I hope you will be referring to me next offseason as one of his "skeptics". I will be more than happy to eat crow. In the mean time, he'll be lucky to crack the 53.

You are missing the point. When you doubted Cruz, you were doubting the coaches, who see and know a heck of a lot more about football than you do. They see what he does day in and day out at practices and meetings and because you saw him drop a pass, you think you know more than them? Da'rel Scott is a seperate issue entirely because the coaches have not been putting him on the field. That means they do not see in him what they saw in Cruz.

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Wow, that is awesome. Good job by Jernigan. I love how the young guys are taking control right now. And yet no one is calling us a dynasty

jomo
07-29-2012, 11:55 PM
Wow, that is awesome. Good job by Jernigan. I love how the young guys are taking control right now. And yet no one is calling us a dynastyDynasty? Heck, they are picking us for 3rd in the division. lol

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-29-2012, 11:57 PM
Dynasty? Heck, they are picking us for 3rd in the division. lol

I mis-wrote it actually.

I meant our team is not going all out and saying "YO WE'RE A DYNASTY, SB CHAMPS NEXT YEAR MAN"

giantsfan420
07-30-2012, 12:44 AM
My money is on Hixon for week 1, but for Randle to overtake him by week 3. I also think that Randle moves up, and JJ follows him, and Hixon falls beneath both Randle and JJ on the depth chart. But week 1 is so far away. And also, I dont know if the number on the depth chart is as important this year. Im sure we will se packages with Randle, with Hixon, and with JJ. They'll all get their opportunities even if one of em stands out...just my take tho

giantsfan420
07-30-2012, 12:46 AM
if things dont even work out all that great, and only 1 of the possible guys steps up and is a legit 3, we still get a legit 3. But if more than 1, if all of them even, work out and are viable, then we can mix and match and take advantage of certain situations with certain guys...and with eli directing the traffic, it could be lethal. i hope randle works out, cuz i believe he can eclipse what MM gave us. I think Hixon and JJ can match it...

Antwuan
07-30-2012, 09:12 AM
JJ has been playing well in training camp but its still early lets see if he keeps it up through the rest of training camp & preseason.

Antwuan
07-30-2012, 09:13 AM
I could see Hixon as our 3 WR by Week 1, Hixon knows the system and when healthy he has been productive.

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-30-2012, 10:33 AM
I can see changes during the season though. I fail to imagine Jernigan not getting any snaps at all, especially if he has a pretty decent TC.

nycsportzfan
07-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Great news! Hope he keeps it going....Seems like I've been defending him from day 1. I'[ve also defended him being our breakout player this yr, and soon to be 3rd WR in every thread about the wr's..

nycsportzfan
07-30-2012, 11:16 AM
JJ has been playing well in training camp but its still early lets see if he keeps it up through the rest of training camp & preseason. Jerrnigan is extremely versatile, and can catch, return, run, and even throw the ball.. THe bottom line was he was a raw rookie from small sun belt confrence last yr, and i think the mistakes in preseason kinda sent last season into a tail spin because it really put a emphasis on him being a young rookie, and possibly not ready to contribute, hence he didn't.. now Mario is gone, and hes had a full yr practicing with the big boys, and hes gonna take over.. This is 100pct exactly what i expected to happen..

Medisleman
07-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Too early to say anyone in #3, good to hear this guy is stepping up though. This is going to be an exciting year of more young talent hopefully developing. We saw the emergence of some last year, and hopefully more this year!

Eli TO Shockey
07-30-2012, 03:43 PM
You are missing the point. When you doubted Cruz, you were doubting the coaches, who see and know a heck of a lot more about football than you do. They see what he does day in and day out at practices and meetings and because you saw him drop a pass, you think you know more than them? Da'rel Scott is a seperate issue entirely because the coaches have not been putting him on the field. That means they do not see in him what they saw in Cruz.

So you're trying to tell me that Victor Cruz was seeing 1st team reps in preseason/training camp in his first 2 years in the NFL? If not, then no, the Giants didnt foresee CRUZ being a top 10 WR in the NFL. Nothing against Cruz, but he wasnt exactly a lock to make the roster last season either.

NorwoodBlue
07-30-2012, 05:00 PM
I think this entire sophomore class has a huge leg up on the rest of their peers because they had four extra weeks of football last year, that should help them know their jobs better than a lot of other sophomores. When other guys were out on the beach, these guys were still immersed in football. I gotta believe that's going to help a lot of them have break-out seasons, and really contribute to the team. The intensity of the playoff run should really help them become better players.

DarceChoke
07-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Pumped for preseason; this #3 battle is going to be fun to keep an eye on. If Jernigan can win the job he could add an exciting dimension to this offense. Im interested to see how jernigan performs on the outside which is going to be key to maximize snaps. With Wilson and him on the field this offense could be very dynamic.

nycsportzfan: Did Jernigan get a lot of snaps on the outside in college or was he primarily a slot receiver?

TrueBlue@NYC
07-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Pumped for preseason; this #3 battle is going to be fun to keep an eye on. If Jernigan can win the job he could add an exciting dimension to this offense. Im interested to see how jernigan performs on the outside which is going to be key to maximize snaps. With Wilson and him on the field this offense could be very dynamic.

nycsportzfan: Did Jernigan get a lot of snaps on the outside in college or was he primarily a slot receiver?

My question is if Jernigan does win the #3 job, who mans the slot? Him or Cruz?

nycsportzfan
07-30-2012, 06:39 PM
i think u will see Jerrnigan more as a weapon and showing the defense diffrent looks.. Gilbride hasen't had a weapon like JJ on this team to toy with.. I know hes known as being kinda non trickery OC, but Jerrnigan will allow him to dabble in diffrent things.. Even if Cruz is in the slot, u still might see JJ lined up outside, and vice versa, as well as u might have JJ lined up in the backfield on occasion, and possibly even throw a pass or 2.. I would love to see JJ on a pitch on say 2nd and goal from the 5, take it outside and then toss it up to nicks in the back corner of the endzone..

I could just be dreaming though..lol