PDA

View Full Version : Which feature do you like most about the new boards?

NYG4lifeNYK
07-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Me personally I love everything about it.... my favorite is probably the sleek new look. I liked the Giants colors on the old forum but it was a little much on the eyes. Wow did i just sound old.....! haha

gmen0820
07-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Search function...by far

NYG4lifeNYK
07-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Oh I see how it works now... never mind.. Poll attached

titwio
07-28-2012, 04:38 PM
The embedding videos feature is pretty cool.

NYG4lifeNYK
07-28-2012, 04:39 PM

Oh didn't even notice that. Where do you see that?

Also where is the tool bar that allows you to use colors and enlarge/bold/underline text?

derekunion28
07-28-2012, 04:45 PM
still learning .... voted for the preview

GiantVibes
07-28-2012, 05:21 PM

Agree with this. This will be great for highlights and draft prospect threads.

titwio
07-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Oh didn't even notice that. Where do you see that?

Also where is the tool bar that allows you to use colors and enlarge/bold/underline text?

Go to Forum Actions>General Settings> Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and select Enhanced interface.

This will give you all the options for embedding video, fonts, colors etc...

NYG4lifeNYK
07-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Go to Forum Actions>General Settings> Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and select Enhanced interface.

There we go, thanks tit.

I wish we could get the old smilies/beer mugs back lol... never happy haha

Captain Chaos
07-28-2012, 06:32 PM

There we go, thanks tit.

Absolutely, I also like way you can string quotes together.....pick and choose and leave out what you don't want to bring forward!

I wish we could get the old smilies/beer mugs back lol... never happy haha

Dito, I also like the way you can string together the quotes, pick the ones you like or most meaningful!!!!

NYG4lifeNYK
07-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Dito, I also like the way you can string together the quotes, pick the ones you like or most meaningful!!!!

Wow that is really cool.... tons of new features on these boards... really liking them.

Now if we could get that cheers mug(beer mug) back and some of the old or different smilies we would be golden! lol

RoanokeFan
07-28-2012, 08:28 PM
The ignore feature

Die-Hard
07-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Glad you guys like the change!

Speaking for myself, I can't even begin to tell you how much better and easier the moderating functions are on this one too. It's like night and day LOL

(I know, I know...but trust me, we're all just as happy and excited about the new boards as you all are, but maybe for a few slightly different reasons):D

Die-Hard
07-29-2012, 09:36 AM

That was one of my major pet peeves from the last board. There was no option for limiting how many quotes were posted, which is why we had so many threads that were unreadable because people insisted on quoting every single post. I think we have the limit set to 2 quotes deep, or maybe it's 3. I insisted on that one LOL

Die-Hard
07-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Wow that is really cool.... tons of new features on these boards... really liking them.

Now if we could get that cheers mug(beer mug) back and some of the old or different smilies we would be golden! lol

I'm going to check in on that one. If it's permitted, I'll remedy the situation personally.

TextureDj
07-29-2012, 10:24 AM
!. Letting new members register again.
2. My scroll wheel really enjoys the fact that the entire message board no longer gets quoted in every post. Thought my finger was going to fall off before. Imagine how much more readable the gameday thread will be.

joemorrisforprez
07-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Me personally I love everything about it.... my favorite is probably the sleek new look. I liked the Giants colors on the old forum but it was a little much on the eyes. Wow did i just sound old.....! haha

I agree....the new format is much easier to read and post.

moo
07-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Everything. It's just far easier to use and much more pleasing to look at.