PDA

View Full Version : Comparing our run to your run

Rodgers12
07-29-2012, 11:10 PM
We beat
Philly @Philly 21-16
@Atlanta- 48-21 win.
@ Chicago 21-14 win.
Pittsburgh in the super bowl we won 31-25.

Your run you beat
Atlanta at home 24-2.
Us in GB 37-20 but we were awful that day.
@ SF 20-17 win
NE in the bowl 21-17.

I think both our runs are very similar but as the homer in me I give the edge to us. What do you Giant fans think.

chasjay
07-29-2012, 11:18 PM
All I see is that you got a Lombardi and we got a Lombardi - and that you like the Packers more than you do the Giants.

No offense intended.

Toadofsteel
07-29-2012, 11:20 PM
They really are quite similar... A team that was dead in december rose from the ashes and won it all.

Also, beating Philly was a big one from my perspective. That was fresh off the desean jack*** return, and even though the pack beat us the following week, wiping that ****-eating smirk off of Michael Pr***'s face made me happy enough to forgive you guys.

joemorrisforprez
07-29-2012, 11:21 PM
We beat
Philly @Philly 21-16
@Atlanta- 48-21 win.
@ Chicago 21-14 win.

Your run you beat
Atlanta at home 24-2.
@ SF 20-17 win
NE in the bowl 21-17.

I think both our runs are very similar but as the homer in me I give the edge to us. What do you Giant fans think.

I see alot of similarities......the Giants and the Packers were both teams that got hot at the best moment and rode the wave to a championship.

Rodgers is passing machine.....I like him even better than Brees. But I honestly wouldn't take anyone over Eli Manning with the game on the line.....not anymore, after his 2nd SB MVP.

Rodgers12
07-29-2012, 11:21 PM
The Bears win was a tough tough victory for us though. We got off to a fast start in that game going up 14-0 then their defense really stiffened. We had a chance to go up by three scores but Rodgers threw that pick to Urlacher which changed momentum. Luckily BJ Raji won us that game with his pick six to win it. Hanie played well in the second half of that game for the Bears as Cutler went down. Our defense shut down Cutler.

miked1958
07-29-2012, 11:53 PM
We beat Philly @Philly 21-16@Atlanta- 48-21 win.@ Chicago 21-14 win.Pittsburgh in the super bowl we won 31-25.Your run you beatAtlanta at home 24-2.Us in GB 37-20 but we were awful that day.@ SF 20-17 winNE in the bowl 21-17.I think both our runs are very similar but as the homer in me I give the edge to us. What do you Giant fans think.Slight edge to you as all 3 of your games were on the road. We had atlanta at home. However comparing the other two games both teams winning on road. Slight edge to giants as we had to play the defending champs 15-1 packers (u guys) and we also has to go play @ a very tough 13 win SF team with best D in nfl. You guys drew Philly and th bears both great in their own right that season but I feel the giants had the tougher 2 games IMO

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-29-2012, 11:59 PM
We both won Lombardi's. I hate when people compare "runs". They were different years, different times, different everything

Rodgers12
07-30-2012, 12:08 AM
The Atlanta win for us was very similar to your win vs us in GB. We lost to them by a field goal at the buzzer in the regular season and came back and pounded them in their house in the playoffs and it was the same scenario for our rivalry this past year. You lost to us by a field goal and came back and beat us in the playoffs.

miked1958
07-30-2012, 01:12 AM
The Atlanta win for us was very similar to your win vs us in GB. We lost to them by a field goal at the buzzer in the regular season and came back and pounded them in their house in the playoffs and it was the same scenario for our rivalry this past year. You lost to us by a field goal and came back and beat us in the playoffs.Yes. Okay I agree. Plus Atlanta was the 13-3 number one seed that year that had the bye.

moo
07-30-2012, 03:39 AM
but we were awful that day.
Hate this excuse. You either win or lose.

rainierjef
07-30-2012, 05:09 AM
how horrible could you have been with the refs on your side?

Captain Chaos
07-30-2012, 06:06 AM
We beat
Philly @Philly 21-16
@Atlanta- 48-21 win.
@ Chicago 21-14 win.

Your run you beat
Atlanta at home 24-2.
@ SF 20-17 win
NE in the bowl 21-17.

Hate this excuse. You either win or lose.

I don't see many similarities in the teams we played, but the packers will get their chance to redeam themselves.

Redeyejedi
07-30-2012, 07:12 AM
Similar yes expectations were different. Packers in 2010 were a preseason Super Bowl pick. Like the Giants had a ton injuries got hot and won the Supr Bowl

Ntegrase96
07-30-2012, 12:44 PM
I remember thinking that superbowl 45 was one of the ugliest superbowls I've seen. Just a sloppy game.

SweetZombieJesus
07-30-2012, 08:02 PM
In your run you benefitted from us being hungover from the meltdown against the Eagles the prior week, giving up 24 points in 7:30. We were awful that day.

We went from locking up the division to completely missing the playoffs (at 10-6) in 5 quarters.

And had we beaten you that game in 2010, we would have been in the playoffs and you would have been eliminated.

Toadofsteel
07-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Similar yes expectations were different. Packers in 2010 were a preseason Super Bowl pick. Like the Giants had a ton injuries got hot and won the Supr Bowl

That's not really fair to the packers though... for one, the Giants are always expected to be at the bottom. Nobody EVER expects us to win.

TheAnalyst
08-03-2012, 11:56 AM
We beat
Philly @Philly 21-16
@Atlanta- 48-21 win.
@ Chicago 21-14 win.

Your run you beat
Atlanta at home 24-2.
@ SF 20-17 win
NE in the bowl 21-17.

So were the refs in giving the Packers 14 points, otherwise Giants win by 40.

I think you also have to compare injuries. Both teams were devistated with injuries through out the year and I actually think the Giants were worse.

gumby74
08-04-2012, 01:18 AM
Our run was better, but only because I'm a Giants fan.

08-04-2012, 01:23 AM
Don't you ever think the opponent deserves any credit in your team being awful ? .... Niners fans say that they beat themselves....Pats fans say that they ALSO beat themselves.... The common denominator is that New York Football Giants were on the field for all that awfulness.. We are a better football team.. I'm surprised that Rodgers is still crying about it.. Does not bode well for Pack that he can't get past the loss

miked1958
08-04-2012, 02:34 AM
Don't you ever think the opponent deserves any credit in your team being awful ? .... Niners fans say that they beat themselves....Pats fans say that they ALSO beat themselves.... The common denominator is that New York Football Giants were on the field for all that awfulness.. We are a better football team.. I'm surprised that Rodgers is still crying about it.. Does not bode well for Pack that he can't get past the lossThat's what I said to my friends that say that. Giants had a lot to do with them being awful. Also like another poster said. Take away the freebies the packers got And the drive the refs stopped at the fifty when DJ ware clearly had the first down and who knows, final score could of been 40-6 or worse

eLi MusT gO dEEp
08-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Haha @ the "but.."

And to answer the question....we beat you guys in YOUR place... so yeah it's pretty much self explanatory.

Rodgers12
08-05-2012, 12:00 AM
We had 8 dropped passes, Jennings was wide open for a touchdown and Rodgers overthrew him. We also turned the ball over 5 times. Take those factors away and a hail mary that never should have happened it would have been alot different game. It's not like the Giants dominated, they only outgained us in total yards by 50 yards. Also no Cullen Jenkins and Nick Collins. When we had them two years ago when we played the Giants the score was 45-17 GB. See I can play that game too like everyone here is crying about the officials.

eLi MusT gO dEEp
08-05-2012, 12:39 AM
I believe Fewell's scheme had to do a lot with Rodger's bad day throwing the ball. Those extra DB packages he put together were working wonders that day. Rodgers didn't have those typical huge windows that most teams seem to love giving him. And of course our front 4 was enough to bring just enough heat to have Rodgers on his heels and taking off on his wheels day.

Oh btw our starting MLB was Chase Blackburn, he was teaching school children at the beginning of the NFL season.

And that game 2 years ago was a week after the Desean Jackson walk off punt return. Bowling Green would have probably whooped us that week. Not to take anything away from that GB team, they earned every bit of success they had that year.

Rodgers12
08-05-2012, 12:47 AM
I know most Packer fans are hoping for Desean Jackson and the Eagles to beat the Giants again twice. Philly doesn't scare me as much as we beat them in the playoffs two years ago in Philly 21-16. Dallas will always be tough for you guys as well.

eLi MusT gO dEEp
08-05-2012, 01:46 AM
We played really well after the last Super Bowl win so I expect us to do the same this year. Especially since I doubt any of our play maker stars will shoot themselves again in late November. The NFC East will be the battle it always is. Too bad the Chiefs arent' in the NFC North they would probably be an auto 2 losses for you guys a year.

BlueSanta
08-07-2012, 01:08 AM
I took a few to look at the spreads of the games for both teams during each's respective playoff run.

The Packers were favored in 2 games:
By 3 vs Chicago
and
By 2 over the Steelers

They were underdogs by 2.5 vs both the Eagles and Falcons.

The total spread for their playoff run was even.

The Giants were only favored in 1 game: By 3 over Atlanta.

They were 9 point underdogs to the Packers, 2.5 point underdogs to the 49ers, and 3 point underdogs to the Pats.

The Giants were a combined 11.5 point underdogs for their playoff run.

I recognize that some of these lines varied depend on where you look. But, they are pretty close and in no way can exaplin the huge difference between playoff run difficulty.

We also went through the reigning Superbowl champs with the best record in football(sorry)

In light of this, the Giants run was a little more impressive.

gmen0820
08-07-2012, 01:16 AM
Lol I'd love to consider the Packer's run, but to be honest, after Philly lost, I stopped watching a full game of football that year. Bits and pieces, that's it.

Giants.

nycisgreat
08-07-2012, 01:57 PM
All I see is that you got a Lombardi and we got a Lombardi - and that you like the Packers more than you do the Giants.

No offense intended.

Aahhhh, sounds about correct to me.

BuffyBlueII
08-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Hahahhahahahaha......I love this Green Bay Packers crybaby nonsense.Glaring difference is that NY Giants are a team of character and Green Bay Packers are a team of sore loser crybabies.Glaring difference is that you backed in to the playoffs as a wildcard when Jay Cutler gift wrapped the last game of the season for you to decide it. On the last game of the season in the deciding game against Dallas Cowboys we went out and took it and left no doubt about it.Glaring difference is that you and the rest of your fanbase just will not admit that we are the better team with the better QB and that is why we smacked the taste out your mouths in your own house in the postseason.Glaring difference is that stars on your team are still crying and making statements about how "beating themselves" and still refusing to give credit where it is due. Eli Manning is leading our team forward and hia statements are "we need to improve and get better" and "I am happy the cameras are over in Jets training camp so I can focus fully on my work and this team getting better."Glaring difference is that your QB is a sore loser stat machine that when all is said and done will be little more than an afterthought. Our QB is a legend that doesn't let it go to his head and is the greatest QB in the history of NY Giants

I bELIeve.
old username- buffyblue

greenca190
08-09-2012, 10:38 PM
We had 8 dropped passes, Jennings was wide open for a touchdown and Rodgers overthrew him. We also turned the ball over 5 times. Take those factors away and a hail mary that never should have happened it would have been alot different game. It's not like the Giants dominated, they only outgained us in total yards by 50 yards. Also no Cullen Jenkins and Nick Collins. When we had them two years ago when we played the Giants the score was 45-17 GB. See I can play that game too like everyone here is crying about the officials.

Dude. You're a *****.

We ****ing dominated you in that game. Dominated. Now shut the **** up and stop posting here.

Rodgers12
08-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Hahahhahahahaha......I love this Green Bay Packers crybaby nonsense.Glaring difference is that NY Giants are a team of character and Green Bay Packers are a team of sore loser crybabies.Glaring difference is that you backed in to the playoffs as a wildcard when Jay Cutler gift wrapped the last game of the season for you to decide it. On the last game of the season in the deciding game against Dallas Cowboys we went out and took it and left no doubt about it.Glaring difference is that you and the rest of your fanbase just will not admit that we are the better team with the better QB and that is why we smacked the taste out your mouths in your own house in the postseason.Glaring difference is that stars on your team are still crying and making statements about how "beating themselves" and still refusing to give credit where it is due. Eli Manning is leading our team forward and hia statements are "we need to improve and get better" and "I am happy the cameras are over in Jets training camp so I can focus fully on my work and this team getting better."Glaring difference is that your QB is a sore loser stat machine that when all is said and done will be little more than an afterthought. Our QB is a legend that doesn't let it go to his head and is the greatest QB in the history of NY Giants

I bELIeve.
old username- buffyblue

You guys wont have it so easy this year as champions. Philly will kick your tail, Dallas always gives you a run for your money and you guys lost to the lowly redskins twice last season. Everyone will be after the Giants. Hopefully Deshaun Jackson breaks your hearts again, that game was awesome simply for the fact it put us in the playoffs. What a beautiful sunday that was.

BuffyBlueII
08-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Thats okay because it was awesome to break your hearts twice in your own house in the postseason.

You keep yapping your nonsense of having an off day and how we got lucky if that makes it all better for you. You just keep spouting the hyperbole just like the rest of your crybaby fanbase.

We went in to your house in the postseason, smacked the taste out your mouths and ripped your hearts out your chests. Your team and your fanbase keeps refusing to publically give credit where it is due and continues crying and making excuses. That is okay because we are the better team with the better QB and you just canít face that because you are a sore loser crybaby.

I bELIeve.

Rodgers12
08-10-2012, 01:30 AM
We will get you guys this year.

BlueSanta
08-10-2012, 02:39 AM
We will get you guys this year.

Would be a fun rematch in the playoffs, that's for sure. I do think the NFC is much stronger this year, well the East,North, and south are stronger. The west is a 1 team race barring major injuries to the 49ers.

Rodgers12
08-10-2012, 09:07 PM
I hope we do get the rematch.

TroyArcher
08-15-2012, 07:05 PM
We beat
Philly @Philly 21-16
@Atlanta- 48-21 win.
@ Chicago 21-14 win.

Your run you beat
Atlanta at home 24-2.
@ SF 20-17 win
NE in the bowl 21-17.

Last years Packers and 49ers were better than any team the Pack beat during their run. The Eagles as usual choked.